The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 149 150 151
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-09-04 19:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to snag a +1 SMN earring so I'm burning out a new SMN. I'm looking at the Empy +2 as actually good for starting up. The body and feet have avatar perp -15 combined, is that all you need for reduction usually?

Refresh +3 on head instead of making AF +3 head. The rest of the pieces can be used for BP damage/tp bonus and at least a little bp wards with the summoning skill pieces.

I can do precast for BP with Epitaph, Mastered SMN, and +3 AF body for the 30 seconds? Past that it's the +2 empy head and skill.

I really don't have a feel for SMN gearing. I can see AF being made for Acc sets, are they very necessary for HELMs? Relic looks like you just skip it?
I'm saving my money for +1s of Baayami and Apogee?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Evolved
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Evolved 2022-12-07 12:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I built my summoner for just doing Aeonic smn burn. I'm not sure what path to go with for my current summoner gear on Espiritus.

ItemSet 388716

Apogee Slacks Path D, Apogee Feet Path A, missing 1 ear, cape isn't fully augmented (missing 5 pet accuracy), and summoner's collar is just rank 8: MP+16, Avatar Attr +8, BP Damage +3.

Should I go with path A, or path C?

Path A: Enmity-6, Pet: "Magic Attack Bonus"+30, Pet: Damage Taken-4%
Path C: MP+50, Pet: "Magic Attack Bonus"+20, Pet: Magic Accuracy+20

And, about how much magic accuracy do you need for your pet against those iLVL150 mobs?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-07 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more information like what BPs you're doing, which enemy you're facing.

I don't believe any guide recommends Espiritus for physical or magic BP. I would recommend Grioavalr/Gridovar for Magic/Physical BP. Pet Macc is not important for any AFAC BPs with the possible exception of Flaming Crush, but in that case I think the debuffs from your alliance should help cover any macc issues.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-12-07 13:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

I don't believe any guide recommends Espiritus for physical or magic BP. I would recommend Grioavalr/Gridovar for Magic/Physical BP. Pet Macc is not important for any AFAC BPs with the possible exception of Flaming Crush, but in that case I think the debuffs from your alliance should help cover any macc issues.

Espiritus is Ok (not great) for magical BPs, if you can augment a Grio it's going to be better. Wotasu has a helpful list under the Pet Macc set (in this thread) that shows what augments you need on Grio to beat Espiritus. Gridarvor definitely the go to choice for physical if no Nirvana w/ AM3.
 Phoenix.Evolved
By Phoenix.Evolved 2022-12-07 13:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

I'm sorry, ty Male. I thought I had all the bases covered.

I guess I'm just using the staff against Zerde for Flaming Crush? I've read a lot that Grio needs certain augments to be Espiritus for that. I had an extra 400 domain points, so thought I'd use this staff tomorrow.

I'll eventually get a Grio, but for right now, was just wondering.

We will have cor rolls, but just going in with RUN or PLD, SMN, SMN, SMN, SMN, GEO and WHM. Maybe a bard threnody also.
 Phoenix.Evolved
By Phoenix.Evolved 2022-12-07 17:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been told my LS mates, magic accuracy is really not needed with a cor buff, as well as vorseals and threnody, so I went with full-on MAB. That post info is handy however, ty!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-07 18:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD Threnody will be a huge help, especially with SV, it's around -400 meva for fire. Definitely bring a RUN over a PLD if you can for Rayke and you should destroy him. Do you have JP? SMN gets a lot of good stuff from JP
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-08 08:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to be at a 20 second recast with 670 skill, capped -BPD, and Empy Head +3. Am I wrong?
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2023-01-10 01:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about the claustrum aftermatch at 119 iii!

Does the damage taken only affect the master or the pet too?

Is it in the 50 cap or can go over the 50 caps?
By Nariont 2023-01-10 01:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Master only, does not bypass cap
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-10 12:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I seem to be at a 20 second recast with 670 skill, capped -BPD, and Empy Head +3. Am I wrong?
You're probably looking at Timers instead of the menu? By the time Timers shows it, usually 1 second has already passed. With 20 sec BP, Timers will often show 19.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-17 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You're probably looking at Timers instead of the menu? By the time Timers shows it, usually 1 second has already passed. With 20 sec BP, Timers will often show 19.
I was looking at the menu timer...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-18 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm you're right, I'm well under 735 with weapons locked and still 20 sec timer. I swear I tested it before and couldn't hit 20 until 735 with +3 but apparently I was wrong...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-18 19:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I am done with Baayami +1 then, haha
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-01 16:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem recalling someone in here saying that Beckoner's Earring +1 is better than Gelos, even if you get shitty aug?
Currently I have Acc/Macc+11, and it's -1% BPD compared to Gelos.
But has Avatar Level+1 of course.

Slightly better maybe?
By Cloudius777 2023-02-01 20:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I seem recalling someone in here saying that Beckoner's Earring +1 is better than Gelos, even if you get shitty aug?

Slightly better maybe?

it is better, tested with Diabolos nether blast. stick with the beckoner's +1
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 23:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know anything about SMN, but that's cool to know, thanks.
 Valefor.Rioitz
Server: Valefor
user: Rioitz
By Valefor.Rioitz 2023-02-02 06:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudius777 said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Slightly better maybe?

it is better, tested with Diabolos nether blast. stick with the beckoner's +1
Silly question, but would the beckoners+1 also beat Gelos for physical pacts based on the level boost?
By suuhja 2023-02-02 08:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Papesse answered all of this here https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53593/a-summoners-gear-guide/17/#3649293
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-02 08:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Please someone buy my Sroda Earring! It's BiS!
Send me a /tell in-game!
By Tarage 2023-02-12 07:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a feel for how the updates to pets affected us? Good? Bad? Meh?
By SimonSes 2023-02-12 07:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »

Well, I will guess this based on BST testing. Crit pdif cap get boosted from 4.0 to 5.0. Since afaik Avatars can crit on every physical and hybrid BP, it boosts spike damage potential on all of them. Gear wise it's definitely improve value of Relic+3 body.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-02-13 00:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
The defensive boost is absolutely massive. I feel like my avatars survive things they never would've survived before.

The PDIF update seems nice but I think it'll rarely have any impact unless they add more pet:attack gear or something.

I did an Aeonic SMN burn this weekend and did some testing. There aren't many places avatars get attack-boosted like in Aeonics so if the changes are visible anywhere it should be there. Hysteric Assaults were consistently landing for 70k+ on some mobs where I don't remember it hitting that hard. Others it was the same as before. Volt Strike also had a few more 70k/80k hits than I recall seeing in the past, on certain mobs it seemed, though I can't recall specific examples. Overall I wasn't too impressed, but I don't think it was their intent to buff SMN's offense with this change anyway.

The defensive stuff though, I'm loving it. Meteors from ArkAngel TT and Neak don't obliterate my avatar anymore. Same with Bashmu's Chainspell. SMN got a real treat in that side of the update.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-02-13 19:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The MEVA boost is quite massive. I just duo'd VD Lilith twice with SMN+BST and SMN+GEO/DRK. Siren was constantly resisting Lilith's attacks and taking literally 0 damage with Wind's Blessing. The fight only took 5 min w/o SPs.
I'm glad the devs have finally acknowledged the issue with pets having 0 MDB and no access to Shell.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-02-14 06:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to hear. Does this change anything with gear sets, or just stay the same, but Avatar dies less?
By Trillium 2023-02-14 09:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
The MEVA boost is quite massive. I just duo'd VD Lilith twice with SMN+BST and SMN+GEO/DRK. Siren was constantly resisting Lilith's attacks and taking literally 0 damage with Wind's Blessing. The fight only took 5 min w/o SPs.
I'm glad the devs have finally acknowledged the issue with pets having 0 MDB and no access to Shell.

Curious to know the setup for the bst. Wondering if 2 smn or 2 bst would work in setting something up. Really exciting to hear there might be so.e reason to potentially put some more work into my smn again. I rarely find myself in it these days outside of ody things from time to time.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-02-14 13:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The BST was doing TP Drainkiss while Siren was tanking Lilith with Hysteric Assault/Wind's Blessing/Bitter Elegy pacts. Siren wasn't meleeing (Retreat command) so I was in range of the aoe/knockback hits but Lilith doesn't get TP even if I takes damage as long her main target (Siren) is taking 0. I used Sylvie, Moogle, Ygnas and Monberaux trusts. The fight takes 2-3 times longer than with GEO though and the second form will have the time to do Trance.
It went much faster with a GEO, Hysteric Assault was averaging 55-85k on both forms, Absorb-TP can replace TP Drainkiss.
 Phoenix.Xax
By Phoenix.Xax 2023-02-14 17:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
The BST was doing TP Drainkiss while Siren was tanking Lilith with Hysteric Assault/Wind's Blessing/Bitter Elegy pacts. Siren wasn't meleeing (Retreat command) so I was in range of the aoe/knockback hits but Lilith doesn't get TP even if I takes damage as long her main target (Siren) is taking 0. I used Sylvie, Moogle, Ygnas and Monberaux trusts. The fight takes 2-3 times longer than with GEO though and the second form will have the time to do Trance.
It went much faster with a GEO, Hysteric Assault was averaging 55-85k on both forms, Absorb-TP can replace TP Drainkiss.

i would love to see a quick video of this personally. was this ignoring the adds?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-02-14 19:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If she never gets TP there are no adds, they're linked to her TP moves just like the gyves/fetters
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 149 150 151