The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-18 06:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all taking for granted we're gonna get another Favor+1 tier on the +3 head.
Which I honestly expect myself, but as likely as that may be, it won't necessarily happen.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-18 07:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You're all taking for granted we're gonna get another Favor+1 tier on the +3 head.
Which I honestly expect myself, but as likely as that may be, it won't necessarily happen.
True, it might not. I think most people are assuming that cause pretty much every version of the Empy horn had an increase in avatar favor tier. Original version was +1 favor, 109 horn was +2, 119 horn was +3, and now the Beckoner's horn +2 is +4 favor. So pretty likely the Empy horn +3 will have +5 favor on it. If not it would be a bit weird and out of pattern with the horn upgrades.
I dunno, can anybody post a tentative 735 skill idle set?
Okay so I'm still working on grinding Nyzule and Ein for the Nirvana lol, got all the alex and beitetsu for it stashed already. But in the mean time this is my smn skill set. It has the most skill you can get from gear currently. Well at least with the Empy Horn included due to needing the Favor teirs on it.
ItemSet 386170
I'm gonna be grabbing the +2 version of the Empy Horn soon as Sortie queue isn't insane on Asura. So I just added that even tho I still have the +1 horn atm. Cath and Andoaa earring have same skill amount, same with melic and incanter torque. Cape has 13 skill combined with a +5 max augment you can get on it. Factoring in the 16 skill from merit points and 36 from job points at mastery, this set gets you to 703 smn skill.

The rest you have to get from master levels for now till the +3 Empy set is available. So with Espiritus and vox grip you would currently need Smn at master level 32 to hit 735 skill tier. With Nirvana and Elan Strap +1 you're gonna need master level 50 unfortunately like Jakey mentioned to hit 735. Although most likely with the +3 Empy horn it might allow you to still get the 20 sec BP timer without needing 735 skill. Probably SE will do that and the alternative option to hit 20 sec would be Empy +2 horn with 735 skill as it is currently.
By Cloudius777 2022-08-18 10:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m worndering if the beckoners earring +2 gives summoning skill+ then with the upcoming horn+3 and master levels we may be able to push our BP Recast to 19 seconds
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-18 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiehna your skill set is identical to mine, except for Beckoner's horn +1. Oh and for the ML, my SMN is still ML30 and not 40 yet.
I use that for everything that requires skill, mostly buffing Ward BPs.

I don't think such a set would be viable for idle though, without capping perpetuation.
[+]
By Cloudius777 2022-08-18 17:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiehna your skill set is identical to mine, except for Beckoner's horn +1. Oh and for the ML, my SMN is still ML30 and not 40 yet.

I don't think such a set would be viable for idle though, without capping perpetuation.

With my 20 second recast set equipped I only get 2MP refresh with pet out because I have to switch out my Nirvana, not really worth it just yet until we get Horn+3 and more magic skill and MLv50, by that time we should be able to reach 19 second recast with Nirvana staying in slot.
[+]
By Cloudius777 2022-08-18 17:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And I’m just hoping the 3rd aug slot from Beckoner’s earring+2 is Summoning magic skill. That would be perfect.
[+]
By Cloudius777 2022-08-18 20:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZNIpR68a14&ab_channel=CloudiusGaming
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2022-08-18 22:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

we only have to precast in the skill/favor set to get the 20s, we don't have to sit in it.

SE said somewhere a long time ago that favors bp timer reduction caps at 10s.
By Cloudius777 2022-08-19 00:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
we only have to precast in the skill/favor set to get the 20s, we don't have to sit in it.

will still wipe TP/AM3 though if have to switch to Espiritus for the skill+15 needed
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 09:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »

SE said somewhere a long time ago that favors bp timer reduction caps at 10s.

Oh yeah I wasn't intending that to be an idle/perp set. That's my max skill set for BP ward potency and the BP timer reduction. I don't think its currently possible to make an idle perp set with 735 skill at the same time. Unless in the future we get to like master level 99 or something lol maybe then it would be doable. But like Frod mentioned you don't need to idle in a smn skill set.

That set is just for precast and then you swap to a midcast set depending on what you are doing. Like physical/magical/hybrid damage BP set or refresh/perp set after. I do agree that much as I would absolutely love for SE to make a way to reduce the Smn BP timer under 20 sec for damage pacts and especially for buffs/healing/enfeeb pacts, I doubt its going to happen. Pretty sure that is correct the favor reduction caps at -10 sec off the BP timer. So with that and the other -30 from gear and/or the job point gifts we would be maxed out at a 20 sec BP timer.

Far as Sortie goes I'm just holding off till the Asura queue is more reasonable since I got plenty of other content and job stuff to work on in XI atm. But I'll for sure be getting the Empy+2 horn and prolly at least the body and earring in the future. Ideally all 6 armors since Smn is my main job, but the hands/legs/feet are lower priority atm.
Cloudius777 said: »
With my 20 second recast set equipped I only get 2MP refresh with pet out because I have to switch out my Nirvana, not really worth it just yet until we get Horn+3 and more magic skill and MLv50, by that time we should be able to reach 19 second recast with Nirvana staying in slot.
Yeah I definitely agree that with the Nirvana it's not worth it to swap staves/grips yet for the extra 1 sec BP timer reduction, since you'd be losing a lot of refresh and TP/AM3. I'm still grinding towards my Nirvana so atm I would still swap the staves, but once I get the Nirv I plan to lock it unless its for like pure magical damage BP with Grio and such. Hopefully SE makes it where the Empy+3 horn gets us to 20 sec without the need for 735 skill. Cause requiring such a high master level just for 1 sec timer reduction is quite a lot.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 09:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiehna said: »
I don't think its currently possible to make an idle perp set with 735 skill at the same time
How much perp- and refresh (or any other stat,) do you need? I can find the maximum
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 09:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I don't think its currently possible to make an idle perp set with 735 skill at the same time
How much perp- and refresh (or any other stat,) do you need? I can find the maximum
Well at lvl99/119 you need -14 perp to maintain free avatars with favor active. Refresh wise that's a bit more complex lol, since much refresh as possible is ideal. So you could just throw some reasonable arbitrary refresh amount in there for the calculation. Also depends if you have the Nirvana for perp cost. Since it has -8 alone that changes the perp/idle set. My set I have gridarvor and either apogee+1 or empy+1 boots for perp. But with Nirvana you can get free avatars without the boots. Just need the Nirv and a couple earring/ring/waist items to get -14 perp, which I'm planning to swap to once I get done grinding out the Nirvana stuff.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 09:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

are tehre any augments with perp/refresh/skill to look for? and I'm guessing you need the emp horn on for this as well?
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 09:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

are tehre any augments with perp/refresh/skill to look for? and I'm guessing you need the emp horn on for this as well?
Yeah you would absolutely need the Empy horn +1/2/3 for the set because of avatar favor with the BP timer. Only augment I can think of for smn skill is the +5 on the conveyance smn adoulin cape. Maybe the new sortie smn earring if it ends up having skill augment on it, but that's an unknown atm. Aside from that there definitely isn't any augments for perp cost needed with the sets that are available to make avatars free. Don't think there is any augs for refresh either far as I can recall atm, but could be forgetting one. Pretty sure they are all just base stats and not augs.

Edit: Oh also forgot to mention we get 36 smn skill through several job point gifts once you're at job mastery. So that has to be factored in as well, and obviously the 16 via merit points. There's also the skill from Master levels too but not sure if you want to include those lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also forgot to mention we get 36 smn skill through several job point gifts once you're at job mastery. So that has to be factored in as well, and obviously the 16 via merit points. There's also the skill from Master levels too but not sure if you want to include those lol.
How much skill from just gear do you need to hit that value?
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 10:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How much skill from just gear do you need to hit that value?
Well Smn skill at lvl 99 caps at 417. If you include the job gift and merit point skill then its 469 skill base before gear. If you factor in master levels then it would be 509 base skill with current ML40 cap. So the skill you need from gear to hit 735 without any ML would be 266, and with ML40 you would need 226 skill. With master levels its most likely more doable but without any ML I don't think it currently is possible to maintain perp cost and skill at the same time. But then again like Frod was saying you don't really need skill in a perp set, since the skill set goes in precast. It's still an interesting idea though. =O
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 10:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I thought you were looking for it for a new favor tier.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 10:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I thought you were looking for it for a new favor tier.
Oh yeah that 735 skill seems to be the max favor tier atm, and most likely the final one. But with the Empy+3 horn most likely we'll get to 20 sec BP timer without needing the 735 skill. With the Empy+2 atm you need the 735 for the 20 sec timer. But you don't need the smn skill in idle set to get the BP timer reduction, since that goes into the precast. Only main benefit having it in idle would be for the avatar's favor stat boost potency, for like say Diab's refresh favor potency etc. So for that yeah it would still be a good thing to know about.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 10:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's what I figured you were talking about when you said 735 in idle, was for the fervor tier.
Code
equipment = [
        [
            {"Name": "Nirvana", "Perp. Cost": 8},
            {"Name": "Espiritus B", "Summoning Skill": 15},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Vox Grip", "Summoning Skill": 3},
            {"Name": "Oneiros Grip", "Refresh": 1},
        ],
        [{"Name": "Beckoner's Horn +2", "Summoning Skill": 18, "Refresh": 3}],
        [
            {"Name": "Beck. Doublet +2", "Summoning Skill": 19, "Perp. Cost": 7},
            {"Name": "Baayami Robe +1", "Summoning Skill": 37},
            {"Name": "Apo. Dalmatica +1 D", "Refresh": 4, "Summoning Skill": 20},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Baayami Cuffs +1", "Summoning Skill": 33},
            {"Name": "Asteria Mitts +1", "Refresh": 2},
            {"Name": "Lamassu Mitts +1", "Summoning Skill": 22, "Perp. Cost": 5},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Baayami Slops +1", "Summoning Skill": 35},
            {"Name": "Assid. Pants +1", "Perp. Cost": 3, "Refresh": 2},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Beck. Pigaches +2", "Perp. Cost": 8},
            {"Name": "Baaya. Sabots +1", "Summoning Skill": 29, "Refresh": 3},
            {"Name": "Apogee Pumps +1 D", "Perp. Cost": 9, "Summoning Skill": 20},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Sibyl Scarf", "Refresh": 1},
            {"Name": "Incanter's Torque", "Summoning Skill": 10},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Kobo Obi", "Summoning Skill": 8},
            {"Name": "Lucidity Sash", "Summoning Skill": 7, "Perp. Cost": 2},
            {"Name": "Fucho-no-Obi", "Refresh": 1},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "C. Palug Earring", "Summoning Skill": 5, "Refresh": 1},
            {"Name": "Evans Earring", "Perp. Cost": 2},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Beck. Earring +2", "Refresh": 3},
            {"Name": "Lodurr Earring", "Summoning Skill": 10},
        ],
        [
            {"Name": "Evoker's Ring", "Summoning Skill": 10, "Perp. Cost": 1},
            {"Name": "Stikini Ring +1", "Summoning Skill": 8, "Refresh": 1},
        ],
        [{"Name": "Stikini Ring +1", "Summoning Skill": 8, "Refresh": 1}],
        [{"Name": "Conveyance Cape", "Summoning Skill": 13}],
    ]

I might be missing some gear with augments or something, but it doesn't seem possible to reach 735 with that perp requirement. The max refresh I can obtain is 18 for 670 requirement at ML40. Assuming no consideration for defensive stats.

ItemSet 386240
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 10:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be missing some gear with augments or something, but it doesn't seem possible to reach 735 with that perp requirement. The max refresh I can obtain is 18 for 670 requirement at ML40. Assuming no consideration for defensive stats.
Thank you for calculating that! =D Yeah unfortunately with the current gear available swapping to the perp cost gear removes a good bit of smn skill. And not maintaining free avatars at this point is no good lol end up draining all our MP, so that takes priority. Refresh potency is still possible for a skill idle set, but not nearly as much than with a pure perp/refresh set.

So the main choice is between sacrificing refresh for skill/favor stat potency. For me personally the refresh and definitely perp cost is more important overall for keeping up with blood pacts and healing/support buffs from sub job. I think it's gonna take really high ML and/or the Empy+3 horn to help make the idle skill set at 735 more realistic.

Edit: oh I didn't realize that sybil scarf had refresh for Windy peeps lol. I gotta get those VR missions done soon, would love to have that scarf for perp/refresh set. =O
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 11:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at ML40, that particular set I posted reaches 670 skill for that tier, >=14 perp, and obtains 18 refresh with grip active. If I run it to just reach >=14 perp and max refresh, you can get 21. Again, assuming I am not missing any other gear.
Code
Top valid set:
{'Name': 'Nirvana', 'Perp. Cost': 8}
{'Name': 'Oneiros Grip', 'Refresh': 1}
{'Name': "Beckoner's Horn +2", 'Summoning Skill': 18, 'Refresh': 3}
{'Name': 'Apo. Dalmatica +1 D', 'Refresh': 4, 'Summoning Skill': 20}
{'Name': 'Asteria Mitts +1', 'Refresh': 2}
{'Name': 'Assid. Pants +1', 'Perp. Cost': 3, 'Refresh': 2}
{'Name': 'Baaya. Sabots +1', 'Summoning Skill': 29, 'Refresh': 3}
{'Name': 'Sibyl Scarf', 'Refresh': 1}
{'Name': 'Lucidity Sash', 'Summoning Skill': 7, 'Perp. Cost': 2}
{'Name': 'C. Palug Earring', 'Summoning Skill': 5, 'Refresh': 1}
{'Name': 'Beck. Earring +2', 'Refresh': 3}
{'Name': "Evoker's Ring", 'Summoning Skill': 10, 'Perp. Cost': 1}
{'Name': 'Stikini Ring +1', 'Summoning Skill': 8, 'Refresh': 1}
{'Name': 'Conveyance Cape', 'Summoning Skill': 13}

Stat sum:
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 11:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at ML40, that particular set I posted reaches 670 skill for that tier, >=14 perp, and obtains 18 refresh with grip active. If I run it to just reach >=14 perp and max refresh, you can get 21. Again, assuming I am not missing any other gear.
Oh yeah so it would hit the 2nd highest favor tier at 670, just not the max 735 tier. That is still pretty good for an idle/favor stat potency set. Since you can always have a separate gear set for the BP timer reduction and get the best of both worlds. Only problem tho I can see with that set is if you have Nirvana you would need to keep Elan Strap +1 grip locked since it's our main grip for damage BP. And if you swap grips you would lose TP and AM3 affect from Garland of Bliss.

Aside from that it's an awesome set that I will prolly work towards making honestly. I have most of that set, just need the sortie and cath earrings, the Nirv, the sybil scarf and would need a second stikini +1 ring. Atm I have 1 HQ and 1 NQ stikini for my set. But the Evoker's Ring has 10 skill on it, course your swapping -2 skill for +1 refresh. So I guess the refresh is prolly the better option there.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-20 11:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you lose a lot of refresh without those items, down to like 11 it looks like
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 11:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you lose a lot of refresh without those items, down to like 11 it looks like
Right, my main skill set has been more focused towards just smn skill alone. So I gotta makeup for it with more refresh gear than I have atm. Perp cost by itself has never really been an issue at lvl99/119, but combining that with the skill and refresh is a different story. The Nirvana obviously I was working towards regardless since Smn is my main job and Nirv is our best weapon really in the game. Just the slog of Nyzule and Ein are like extremely annoying lol. I woulda had the Nirv like prolly at least a year ago or more by now if wasn't for those being so boring/tedious.

Those other couple items I'm missing atm shouldn't be too tough to get. Except maybe the sortie earring depending on the drop rates on that. Also the cath earring same issue, the 2nd stiniki +1 ring I could technically get now. Just not sure I wanna drop the 14M on it since I have other jobs/gear trying to save up for lol. Eventually I prolly will though. :P
 Odin.Tasukaru
Server: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2022-08-29 06:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

New smn here: Since the main page hasnt been updated in forever and I cant find anything minus precast sets, can anyone post updated midcast sets for both rage/ward? I'd appreciate that. Thank you :)
 Asura.Mcdoogle
user: Montigo
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2022-08-29 07:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53593/a-summoners-gear-guide/
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
Server: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2022-08-29 09:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp; I just saw this on main page and didnt think to look on other threads. Appreciate the help!
By Tarage 2022-09-01 02:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the thoughts on the NQ Beckoner's earring? I got one with perfect 10 augs and I'm curious if folks think that's enough to be on par with or beat Gelos so I can retire the thing.

Basically, is +1 to level better/worse/equal to +2 to BP Damage?
By SimonSes 2022-09-01 02:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
What are the thoughts on the NQ Beckoner's earring? I got one with perfect 10 augs and I'm curious if folks think that's enough to be on par with or beat Gelos so I can retire the thing.

It is probably. Especially for setups reaching +170% BP damage. 2% more BP damage on those is relatively only 0.7% increase in damage. Also even if damage is marginally lower from lets say +7 base stats, this earring gives your avatar around 40+ accuracy and probably 30+macc. Seems like an easy choice for me.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-09-01 03:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Tarage said: »

It is probably. Especially for setups reaching +170% BP damage. 2% more BP damage on those is relatively only 0.7% increase in damage. Also even if damage is marginally lower from lets say +7 base stats, this earring gives your avatar around 40+ accuracy and probably 30+macc. Seems like an easy choice for me.

I thought so but sometimes it's nice to have someone else verify my math.
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 150 151 152