Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 159 160 161
By Pantafernando 2015-06-12 18:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, in 2 hours starts the "Festival of Gold". Its a kind of daily dungeon with massive amount of exp, gil and upgrade materials. I just saw the video, reward to heroic master is 59456! Thats almost 4000 exp per stamina. 4x the amount you earn in vector, for example, and slightly superior to amount that flans used to give in celes event.

Time to prepare tidus/wakka for bosses run, as well leveling most char as possible to 50 to unlock their record materia.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-06-12 18:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt ill be able to master heroic... best bet for me would be mastering hard.

Edit: also how is cloud attacking all enemies? with what seems an auto attack.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-12 18:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Future banners leaked:

3rd:

4th

5th

Well, im interested in 3rd banner for the I and III realms synergy, Buster Sword and I can take Tifas glove (even though I dont have her). I guess my mythril will come here.

4th has Vanille rod Interesting, plus Snow coat but Kain and Rydia relics arent that interesting, and I have both (Kain isnt your first choice for melee, Rydia is limited because summons are a pain to hone).

5th has Cloud second weapon, but damn... Cyans relic is a good weapon in a bad char, Celes relic is meh, as well Aeris rod.

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
also how is cloud attacking all enemies? with what seems an auto attack.

I would say BladeBlitz but people on reddit have been saying its Bard record materia II: reduces 40% dmg but transoform auto attack in AoE. Invaluable skill for exping if you ask me.
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-06-12 19:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ya i heard about that. sucks on bosses but for dungeons that have 3+ mobs per wave i can see that being great.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-12 20:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the leaks, def going to shell out 9$ for a 3pull now for current banner.
Honestly banner 4 (assuming snows relic isn't ***) is probably one of the best banner's i've seen to date. With kain's update he's actually a decent party memeber now, vanille's relic is pretty self explanitory, but Rydia's relic is very very awesome and shouldn't be overlooked. Some people might not know this, but Whips do not get a damage reduction from melee in the back row, because of this Rydia hits like a Truck (for a mage) with her auto's even in the backrow. She does like 700~dmg in hard/heroic with her autos, while not the best, definitely impressive. If you have a 5star bangle and heroic ring on her, she does even more. The SB does 9999 dmg aoe everything on anything except heroic, and even then you are looking at 6-8k. even more if weak to ice.

Also mage relics IMO, are the ones to go for. my Rydia does like double the damage in nukes compared to my lvl50 Terra (when equipped with a decent 4star nuking rod) I can't tell you how many boss fights I've won because of the extra damage on my nukes. If i had a parser Rydia would have like 40% of my teams dmg in nukes alone, without even using her SB.

tldr; Mage relics are better for more than just their SB's. spend your mythril and try to get at least one.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-12 20:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In the new event (aproximate - mastery):

Easy: 1000 exp/stamina (3000exp/run)
Normal: 2000 exp/stamina (10000exp/run)
Hard: 3000 exp/stamina (30000exp/run)
heroic: 4000 exp/stamina (60000exp/run)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-13 02:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg those heroic are so easy... And im not bragging. You can easily auto attack everything.

Just do the easy, normal and hard modes for rewards and mythril, then do heroic. If you have honed quake or bladeblitz, or summons, im sure soloing is possible at average level (40ish).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-13 05:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah these are silly easy, and the exp/gold gain is just OP X_x

I have so many eggs idk what to do with, going to use em get a bunch of people to 40+ and grind to 50 with a new group. atm I only have 7 lvl 50's lol.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-13 08:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like we entered in the easy mode! More free mythrils, and... This:

Im about to become spoiled...
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-06-13 09:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be a great 10 days. This game is so awesome
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-13 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a limit on eggs? I like hording them but if they dropping into the abyss after 100 I'm gonna use them lol
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-06-13 09:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do it for science Jacaut! I've never had more than 50. I usually use them whenever I get a new char just to bump them to level 20 or so. I can't stand seeing char levels in single digits lol
 Asura.Llaessnar
Server: Asura
user: Llaessnar
By Asura.Llaessnar 2015-06-13 10:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i've had over 150 2* egg, so yes you can have over 100
[+]
By runeghost 2015-06-13 13:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea what that 5* weapon is we get tomorrow?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-13 14:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zantetsuken (VI)
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-06-13 14:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Zantetsuken (VI)

it was a really decent sword in FF6 that you'd slice enemies including undead.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-13 14:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a zant already, gonna have a 6* zant and dark blade soon with all these mats and Gil's .... Best event ever!!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-13 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/lets-talk-about-equipment-that-you-might-want.1957/

This was a great read. Tldr; Save your mythril pretty much unless if it's a multihit weaponskill, then you want it. 9999dmg on a high level boss with over 250k hp, is nothing. So multihit relics + partybuffs are going to be the meta.

Some highlights for those too lazy:

:Sepherioth Relic v2 (One Winged Angel)- this should be coming soon, save all mythril for it. (very high dmg modifier that deal non elemental dmg, will do 9999 dmg or even on the hardest bosses in the game) best in jp meta for a "long time"

:Clouds Organics (relic v3, NOT v2)(called a SUPER soul break.) one of the best in jp meta even today

:Squall v2 relic (another SUPER soul break, does 2-3 multi hit followed by AOE)

Lightning relic v1 (multi hit)

Zack,Zack,Zack. Zacks relic, get it. at all costs. (8hit sb, dmg is low due to modifier but can be increased with buffs)

Vivi- relic v1 and v2 (v2 being the better)

Theres a ton more in there lol X_x
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-13 18:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure about what that guy says tbh.

His analysis is too biased toward multi hits SBs. An overview of his main point is: if its single hits sucks so use multi hits. Because, in this guy head, we gonna be hitting 9999 in every mob. And thats where I disagree.

Lets consider FFXI: Is Tachi: Rana better than Tachi: Fudo? After all, its 3 hits against 1. If it was that guy, he would say: Fudo sucks, use Rana all the time. And thats not true, depend of some factors, like multiplier.

Lets say Sephiroth One Winged: the SB is exactly the same as the one from Masamune (mulitplier 4.5). The only diference is that Shadow Flare (One winged) can inflict blind and One winged has an amazing +1 attack relative to Masamune. This one the guy said pretty much a totaly biased comment.

Lightning SB is 3x 1.7 = 5.1. Its a very good but far from being the best. Hope for example, has a much better SB and it didnt have that much highlight (3x 2,5 = 7.5).

Zack is 8* 0,7 = 5.6. Nice, but again not that great.

So, IMO, this guy deserve merit for giving an overview of basically all relics, but fails to give an unbiased evaluation. You cant ignore math or give more importance to multi hits than total multiplier. That analisys is just true if we can hit the dmg cap, so in fact a multi hit will be better.

But when will you hit the dmg? Depend of some factor/foe. I would say its highly possible if youre playing with Realm Synergy. Unlikely if you dont.

IMO: Have one weapon to each realm. The synergy bonus will make up for any individual diference.

Finally, im not sure if SBs stacks to attack buffs, like boost, what would count favorable to this guy opinion. At least with Cloud basic SB, boost never increased my dmg. But armor break worked to that.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-13 18:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, He is saying the with the multihit meta you basically use boost and attack buffs over your party or multi hit persons, Buffing their multi hit SB's so they do 5k+ per hit which results in over the 9999dmg cap.

edit- It's not merely just using boost, but other attack up abilities from other SB's (like zells) and/or stat buff abilities combined with armor breakdown you are pretty much able to raise the multi hit SB dmg so that it will break the 9999 wall.
By runeghost 2015-06-13 19:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So... I already had turned all 1* and 2* items into fodder to upgrade my 5*, 4*, and 3*... but I am running out of room. So... do you start selling off 3*? Use every mithril to max out your equipment spots?

I am curious what other people do...
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-06-13 19:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Using josephs 100% attack boost plus wakkas 40%def debuff and armor break on a mob makes any aoe/strong single hit lb do 9999. but a 3-8 hit lb will do much more.

I assume the math stacks.. lightnings 3 hits that is 5.1 with 100% attack buff turns into a 10.2? add a 60% def debuff on the boss… and you are looking at a lot of dmg.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-13 19:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
So... I already had turned all 1* and 2* items into fodder to upgrade my 5*, 4*, and 3*... but I am running out of room. So... do you start selling off 3*? Use every mithril to max out your equipment spots?

A bit of both, Decide which 3star equips are actually worth keeping, ex; you have 2 different FF6 3star swords, do you really need a 3rd?

slowly over time I've been increasing my storage, currently at 150 and I'm always full. So it will definitely be worth dumping some mythril into storage in the long run, specially now when SE is just shitting mythril in your lap.

Just throw 5 mythril into storage and tell yourself you drew another lousy 3star. lol

edit- an even better example at 3star hoarding is something i was guilty of, i kept a ton of 3star staves and rods. realistically a staff is going to be for healers, and even with the RS a good 4star native or 5star staff is going to probably just be better imo. Once you have a decent amount of MND Cura/ga should be more than enough to get you out of current dungeons.

Rods are a slightly different story, but you are only going to have 1-2 people in your party that will benefit from them anyway, unlike other weapons or armor.
So holding onto 5-20 different rods/staves are probably not the best idea. I'd say focus on 2-3 and toss the rest. (at one point in time i had like 15 different rods/staves so I was definitely guilty of this lol)
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-06-13 19:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »

I know good upgraded 4* combined to max will be near a 5* uncombined. and you only use those for synergy buffs. i sell all my 3 star if i need the room. I'm 150/160 right now and most my inventory is upgrade materials xD
By Draylo 2015-06-13 20:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay FF9 event soon, one of my favorites :)
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-13 20:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Lets consider FFXI: Is Tachi: Rana better than Tachi: Fudo? After all, its 3 hits against 1. If it was that guy, he would say: Fudo sucks, use Rana all the time. And thats not true, depend of some factors, like multiplier.

Your analysis is equally biased though. FFRK has a single attack cap of 9999. Through use of realm synergy, vit0, defense down, attack up, etc, multi attacks will easily outclass single attacks when stacked correctly. And that's the whole point. Mythril is in limited supply (unless you drop hundreds, or thousands like that guy), so you obviously want the biggest bang for your buck. Having the knowledge about what's going to be added in the coming months is massive so that we don't all get excited about silly relics that are added and blow our mythril on something that will be subpar compared to other options.

Quote:
Lets say Sephiroth One Winged: the SB is exactly the same as the one from Masamune (mulitplier 4.5). The only diference is that Shadow Flare (One winged) can inflict blind and One winged has an amazing +1 attack relative to Masamune. This one the guy said pretty much a totaly biased comment.

Reading comprehension helps. He went into great detail about why this was better than other attack on SBs; it's non-elemental damage. That is, it's not physical, and it's not elemental. Stats, level, Shell, Protect, etc won't reduce the damage. That gives it a unique edge over, AFAIK, every other SB in the game.

Quote:
Finally, im not sure if SBs stacks to attack buffs, like boost, what would count favorable to this guy opinion. At least with Cloud basic SB, boost never increased my dmg. But armor break worked to that.

They do. Cloud's base SB is ridiculously weak as are most (all?) characters, thus doubling your attack had very little effect. Once we get some multihit good SBs and you use them on higher level content, you'll be able to easily see the difference.

Throwing around silly posts like that really underwrites the good posts you've made about this game. Should read up more on these aspects before you potentially steer people wrong and have them waste mythril on on junk weapons.

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
(at one point in time i had like 15 different rods/staves so I was definitely guilty of this lol)

Really hate this aspect of the game. I'm the same way, hoarding 3 stars in case I get multiple from pulls, because a 3++ isn't that bad at all with proper realm synergy. But so many weapons have multiple from the same realm. -_- Case in point, Relic Axe and Giants Axe. Feels like they've wasted some potential by not spreading out the realms enough. I can only assume it improves over time, but the longer the game is out, the larger the draw pool gets as well.
By Draylo 2015-06-13 20:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

20 mythril trying for cloud sword, nothing
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-06-13 21:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

saw the new phase 3 just popped… saw the gold bangle and decided i needed it. would be good for terra. did the 100 gem purchase and got it xD so lucky. its maxed out and on terra now she actually has a SB i can use. protectga? yes please. still need like 5 4* greater earth orbs in order to even make it
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-13 21:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG :Q

I just paid 99cents to yolo draw for this banner and got buster sword :3

I guess Cyan is coming back to the main group because I drew that 5star katana the other night D: gdi just when i was happy to finally get rid of him lol.

edit- Does zant count as a sword or katana?

I have to say, I've gotten 2/3 5star draws from the 99cent banner specials. I almost think they give you a higher drop rate from the 99cent one time draw D: because before this event I literally had no 5star weapons from even 11pulls except rydias D:
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2015-06-13 23:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zantetsuken is a sword, not a katana
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 159 160 161