Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-14 00:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
OMG :Q

I just paid 99cents to yolo draw for this banner and got buster sword :3

I guess Cyan is coming back to the main group because I drew that 5star katana the other night D: gdi just when i was happy to finally get rid of him lol.

edit- Does zant count as a sword or katana?

I have to say, I've gotten 2/3 5star draws from the 99cent banner specials. I almost think they give you a higher drop rate from the 99cent one time draw D: because before this event I literally had no 5star weapons from even 11pulls except rydias D:

I would have to agree with this.im 2/3 on 100 gem pulls as well. It's definitely boosted.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-06-14 15:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I may have missed this but I have a question.

Is there any advantage to leveling the characters that have no realm synergy? Such as white Mage, black Mage etc.

I've kinda neglected these characters so far in the game.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-14 17:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Ok so I may have missed this but I have a question.

Is there any advantage to leveling the characters that have no realm synergy? Such as white Mage, black Mage etc.

I've kinda neglected these characters so far in the game.

Yes, and a VERY important reason for black, white mage, bard (imo), ranger, summoner.

Every char has access to "Record Materias" that are something like jpb trait from FFXI. Once that char hit lv50, if it break the level cap, it receives Record Materia I and unlock the Record Materia II as a drop in some conditions.

Once the record materia is available, you can equip it in a diferent char.

And core chars have very important record materias: black, white mage, summoner RM can restore 1 ability at the start of battle so its kinda of free honing. Bard RM transform attack in AoE at the cost of dmg, ranger RM gives a chance for auto to deal extra damage.

For a list of all RM, refer to following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W-yywu0EDPsz_J1VQKoTxqsR4TT_Dq0D17jG9WvzKBM/htmlview?sle=true#
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-06-14 20:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks bud!

Ps. Garnet/VIVI event is up!!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-14 20:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

too many events X_x lol
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-14 21:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree i dont get much playtime, i can barely keep up with events, i have no time to finish the actual game for more stamina ;; sitting @ like 63? but dont wanna miss out on events
By Draylo 2015-06-14 21:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use mythril to replenish your stamina, go for higher stamina first then do the events once you get 100 or close to. It's not that bad to spend mythril, you get 3 stars most of the time anyway from pulls. Either that or spend a little cash for gems and use those to replenish.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-14 21:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've already spent 3 mythril on a bunch of heroic runs for the festival event, going to do the same thing after i unlock vivi and garnet and get them to 50 also D:

exp/gold is just too good to pass up X_x
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-15 02:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Used 100 mythril for 2 pulls on phase 3 relic banner and all I got was a genji shield... /sigh
By Pantafernando 2015-06-15 02:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Used 100 mythril for 2 pulls on phase 3 relic banner and all I got was a genji shield... /sigh

Ive been with this rotten luck too. 150 mythrils for a regal gown and genji shield (my 5th).

At least got 3 gradius and 3 warrior sword, so im kinda of satisfied. 6* swords for tidus and garnet event.
By Draylo 2015-06-15 02:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn not to rub salt in or anything but that could have been so much stamina for spamming the exp event or any other dungeons. Don't even need the best of the best weapons to beat most stuff especially after the friend system.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-15 03:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed i need some staminas refreshes today. It doesnt need that many to complete classic mode garnet event and level garnet/vivi to lv 50 for upcoming boss rush (just need like 3 or 4 refreshes if you can duo heroic with garnet and vivi, whats not really hard as you can give dragons for garnet, quake to vivi and S/L till they attack first).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-15 08:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

too many events X_x lol

Would be nice if we could get a "double stamina" event where our current stamina max is doubled, just so we could keep up with events. Trying to get Wakka/Tidus to 65 with the Gold event caused me to completely miss all of the EXP daily dungeon yesterday (though the former is probably better). I have no idea how I can finish these before the deadline and still keep up with current activities.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2015-06-15 09:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
too many events X_x lol

Would be nice if we could get a "double stamina" event where our current stamina max is doubled, just so we could keep up with events. Trying to get Wakka/Tidus to 65 with the Gold event caused me to completely miss all of the EXP daily dungeon yesterday (though the former is probably better). I have no idea how I can finish these before the deadline and still keep up with current activities.

FoG Heroic is far easier than Daily Heroic. Daily nets maybe 60k while FoG is 60-75k. Also, FoG ends tonight.

Edit: Tidus event still has a week and Garnet has two.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-15 10:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wat. garnet event ends 4days after tidus event lol. but yeah plenty of time for those, It's just overwhelming when there's 4 banners thrown in your face and mythril just waiting to be had. D:

I'm hoping sephiroth event is next. May throw down RL gil for an 11pull for his event if it includes one winged angel D:

edit- dat random free mythril lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-15 12:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"An issue wherein players occasionally lag when entering a dungeon has been identified. For the inconvenience, here's 1 mythril being sent to everyone, regardless of whether you noticed this bug or not". - SE
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-15 13:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"An issue wherein players occasionally lag when entering a dungeon has been identified. For the inconvenience, here's 1 mythril being sent to everyone, regardless of whether you noticed this bug or not". - SE

no actually people on reddit were saying that they were forced to restart the app and it would kick them out of the dungeon completely, some people lost upwards of 70 stamina for nothing. so yeah. Only affected the small group of people who already had vivi lvl 50 AND his 2nd materia though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-15 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should have said it in my sarcastic voice next time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-06-15 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Festival of Gold! It's almost over and I accumulated 4M gil, lol. I'm set for a looong time.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-16 03:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using BlueStacks to play FFRK but it has many bugs and is too heavy on the cpu, so I am looking for a more stable and lighter emulator. Any advice?
By Pantafernando 2015-06-16 03:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
I have been using BlueStacks to play FFRK but it has many bugs and is too heavy on the cpu, so I am looking for a more stable and lighter emulator. Any advice?

I will try posting few topics on reddit about that topic. Personally i have no knowledge about phone emulation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/31yetr/pc_players_which_emulator_do_you_use/

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/38wtqk/android_fix_for_anyone_having_any_kind_of_issues/
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 03:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Festival of Gold! It's almost over and I accumulated 4M gil, lol. I'm set for a looong time.

I'm sad, i alone farmed 3m (well a ton more but i ended up spending a bunch fully upgrading my inventory lol)

I ended up falling asleep on my bed 2-3hrs before event ended while waiting on timers -.-; was gonna spend 1-2 more mythril too :/ vivi and garnet only lvl 44. oh well was good while it lasted
By Pantafernando 2015-06-16 04:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to level to 50 black mage (what wasnt so bad due to quake) and ranger (what was a painful experience. Probably range is one of the lamest char in this game).

Now i just have few levels to complete red mage and white mage, and to be free of this nightmare that is leveling core characters...
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 09:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

damn I'm so sad. Decided to yolo a 3pull with mythril on vivi/garnet banner. 5star! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Adamant vest :|

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If i already didn't have 5 other 5star armors including a 7star Regal gown I would be happy, but.... :|
By Jetackuu 2015-06-16 09:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
yeah, should have done more of that... ***.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-06-16 12:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm. 6* Lightning Slash Goodness.

Add me if you need some ***zapped= ehpW
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-16 13:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Skipped pulling on this banner. Vivi is too glassy for me, Garnets relic SB is meh.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Skipped pulling on this banner. Vivi is too glassy for me, Garnets relic SB is meh.

if it's anything like Rydia's shiva sb, One thing you should note from it, it's an enhanced version of the normal summon. does a fkton of dmg aoe. not a mulithit but really solid dmg all the way around. Lowest I've done with Rydia's shiva is like around 6-7k.

Having a whm who also bust out 7-9k dmg aoe SB's can't be a bad thing lol
By Pantafernando 2015-06-16 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

While what i will say its just speculation about future, considering jp game, it seems the future meta is about mage nukes. Thats because of current game mechanics. In the future all chars will be at 65 but few (last i read it was just 2) chars at 80. And there will be EX event (harder than elite) where bosses will be at 130.

It seems that at that point the physical dmg will be weaker due to the soft cap, thats the point where more attack wont result in an exponential increase, is relatively low while magic can go a bit higher.

Add this with vit0 already patched in jp version, and personally i dont think DeNa will wait 6 months to patch vit0 in global version.

So future meta will be something like 1 retaliate + mages/suport/healer.

All that talk is to say, dont throw away your rods you get from pulls. Try combining them to make stronger versions. As well keep good spells honed. Relics like vivi, garnet, aeris, rinoa, terra will prove interesting tools.

Finally about the mages being squishy, there is a meta called "tauntaliate": retaliate + pally cecil friend summon. It will direct all physical to char with retaliate.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 159 160 161