fairly certain all of the +eva stuff for pet would be augmented items, 25 evasion on the alluvion axe, awful augment chances with the add on expansion augmented earrings which give +1~5 evasion, possibly the rings but no data on that since noone wanted to continue trying that thing, that's basically it unless theres an evasion back im not aware of.
I think you leave the main hand axe as an Ambu Axe for DT.
Earrings maybe, but that sounds miserable for very little benefit.
You're right...! And from parsing a couple thousand melee rounds, I saw SweetCaroline and SharpwitHermes both have at least a 5% "Kick Attack" rate (which probably makes it seem faster than one might expect).
Kick Attacks normally would be 14% for a level 99 monk.
iirc only Raaz and Apkallu are monk aside from Mandy's.
you can actually see it in the animation for mandies, but Falkirk, is your parse detecting it somehow?
I would expect it to be difficult for a parser to distinguish between double attack and kick attacks.
If I'm reading your screenshot correctly, it looks like you have a triple attack, double attack and kick attack in the same attack round there. Aymur Am3?
Double attack could be from gear though.
but It would also be a fair bet to say any hits above 2x per round would be kick attacks for those jobs.
are you logging and manually counting it? I don't remember good da and kick attack info from parser, but maybe I"m just missing it.
I'm assuming you measured it properly. but 5% seems lower than I would expect. I've not been able to get kparser to work since returning, but I don't recall that information in parse or scoreboard.
and yes, I had heyoka set and am3 up while killing Urmahlulu when caroline's attack animation was merely non-stop. She just didn't pause unless stunned by aoe.
forgive me for not doing proper testing yet, I had to update a bunch lua for the new pets and I also took the time to skillup archery to try Empyreal Arrow as opener for skillchains. Even though bst has no native archery skill, we have surprisingly good options for ranged acc and stp.
You're right...! And from parsing a couple thousand melee rounds, I saw SweetCaroline and SharpwitHermes both have at least a 5% "Kick Attack" rate (which probably makes it seem faster than one might expect).
I'm not even sure how it happened. I just logged in and everyone had left.
my own assumptions on how are something like:
Too many people were flooding in and the pet focus was lost. And the leaders had stopped playing.
Core players left and several of us lingered but there was no leadership or focus so people just wandered away.
I lingered for a long time. it actually took me about 1/2 a year or so to join another shell. but 1/2 of that group decided to move to asura and I didn't want to do that.
Then eventually joined another social shell. from which several other event shells formed. That was my path anyway.
Others formed other shells. I probably should have asked a bit more and pestered people, but for whatever reasons I didn't.
I keep flirting with making a new pet linkshell. I actually have a linkshell setup for it, but I've been hesitent about recruiting and forming it up. I really want to, but I'm a bit burnt out of managing events from my divergence linkshell. basically leaders drift away and I ended up carrying all the events. I've paired it down to just the Divergence shell. I would have to stop running divergence to make a pet linkshell. I don't have the time or attention to manage them separately.
I don't know if there would be the people to do a full pet shell. though I should just take the plunge and do it.
Y'all should come to Asura. Pet burn all the things!
Enough with Asura, seriously. That server is way more trouble than it's worth. The Beastmen & Kindred Medal fiasco for instance, and Asura's natural hatred towards pet jobs *cough* Draylo *cough*
Asura will be the death of FFXI if it hasn't already with this Medal duping BS.
Going to see if I can get max haste without adding any double attack.
easily down with heyoka set
Sadly, I do not possess a set to use.
Still, I should also say that I noticed the kick attacks as well. Lot more three attack rounds seemed to go off, but with only a 2 minute time frame, it's difficult to judge if that's an actual difference
You're right...! And from parsing a couple thousand melee rounds, I saw SweetCaroline and SharpwitHermes both have at least a 5% "Kick Attack" rate (which probably makes it seem faster than one might expect).
Falkirk, if you came to Shiva and started a pet shell I would seriously consider coming back.
Pet shells are the best and take true strategy, not just punch and kick strategy.
If I'm reading your screenshot correctly, it looks like you have a triple attack, double attack and kick attack in the same attack round there. Aymur Am3?
Double attack could be from gear though.
No gear equipped, it's just naturally how the Mandragoras are.
- Some performance levels of the Beastmaster pet Stalwart Angelina were lower than intended.
- A confirmed issue with the NPC "???" (D-8) located in Ru’Lude Gardens.
This is a more general question, trying to add toggles to your lua Falkirk (for me on controller they are faster than cycling through modes) with the following code:
Code
function self_command(command)
if command == 'C2' then -- Hybrid Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'Hybrid' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'Hybrid Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'Hybrid'
add_to_chat(158,'Hybrid Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C7' then -- PDT Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PDT' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PDT'
add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C8' then -- PetPDT Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PetPDT' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PetPDT'
add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C15' then -- MDT Toggle --
if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'MDT' then
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'MDT'
add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C16' then -- PetMDT Toggle --
if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'PetMDT' then
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'PetMDT'
add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C9' then -- AxeMode Toggle --
if state.AxeMode == 'PetOnly' then
state.AxeMode = 'NoSwaps'
add_to_chat(123,'Pet Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.AxeMode = 'PetOnly'
add_to_chat(158,'Pet Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end
And it's written right, it should work, but in-game showswaps/debugmode shows the commands going to self_command function and then... doing nothing. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Y'all should come to Asura. Pet burn all the things!
Enough with Asura, seriously. That server is way more trouble than it's worth. The Beastmen & Kindred Medal fiasco for instance, and Asura's natural hatred towards pet jobs *cough* Draylo *cough*
Asura will be the death of FFXI if it hasn't already with this Medal duping BS.
Asura is great, and for me it's revived this old game, but you learn to generally ignore the drama and yells. It is a little strange that we don't have a dedicated pet linkshell here. I'd have started one myself but in my current LS there are many people who don't have pet jobs. Despite that I do use pet strats often, and I'd say my LS is probably the closest to being a pet shell (of any that I'm aware of).
This is a more general question, trying to add toggles to your lua Falkirk (for me on controller they are faster than cycling through modes) with the following code:
Code
function self_command(command)
if command == 'C2' then -- Hybrid Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'Hybrid' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'Hybrid Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'Hybrid'
add_to_chat(158,'Hybrid Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C7' then -- PDT Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PDT' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PDT'
add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C8' then -- PetPDT Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PetPDT' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PetPDT'
add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C15' then -- MDT Toggle --
if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'MDT' then
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'MDT'
add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C16' then -- PetMDT Toggle --
if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'PetMDT' then
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'PetMDT'
add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C9' then -- AxeMode Toggle --
if state.AxeMode == 'PetOnly' then
state.AxeMode = 'NoSwaps'
add_to_chat(123,'Pet Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.AxeMode = 'PetOnly'
add_to_chat(158,'Pet Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end
And it's written right, it should work, but in-game showswaps/debugmode shows the commands going to self_command function and then... doing nothing. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Y'all should come to Asura. Pet burn all the things!
Enough with Asura, seriously. That server is way more trouble than it's worth. The Beastmen & Kindred Medal fiasco for instance, and Asura's natural hatred towards pet jobs *cough* Draylo *cough*
Asura will be the death of FFXI if it hasn't already with this Medal duping BS.
Asura is great, and for me it's revived this old game, but you learn to generally ignore the drama and yells. It is a little strange that we don't have a dedicated pet linkshell here. I'd have started one myself but in my current LS there are many people who don't have pet jobs. Despite that I do use pet strats often, and I'd say my LS is probably the closest to being a pet shell (of any that I'm aware of).
This is a more general question, trying to add toggles to your lua Falkirk (for me on controller they are faster than cycling through modes) with the following code:
Code
function self_command(command)
if command == 'C2' then -- Hybrid Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'Hybrid' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'Hybrid Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'Hybrid'
add_to_chat(158,'Hybrid Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C7' then -- PDT Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PDT' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PDT'
add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C8' then -- PetPDT Toggle --
if state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value == 'PetPDT' then
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.PhysicalDefenseMode.value = 'PetPDT'
add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C15' then -- MDT Toggle --
if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'MDT' then
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'MDT'
add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C16' then -- PetMDT Toggle --
if state.MagicalDefenseMode == 'PetMDT' then
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'None'
add_to_chat(123,'MDT Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.MagicalDefenseMode = 'PetMDT'
add_to_chat(158,'MDT Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif command == 'C9' then -- AxeMode Toggle --
if state.AxeMode == 'PetOnly' then
state.AxeMode = 'NoSwaps'
add_to_chat(123,'Pet Set: [Unlocked]')
else
state.AxeMode = 'PetOnly'
add_to_chat(158,'Pet Set: [Locked]')
end
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end
And it's written right, it should work, but in-game showswaps/debugmode shows the commands going to self_command function and then... doing nothing. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Y'all should come to Asura. Pet burn all the things!
Enough with Asura, seriously. That server is way more trouble than it's worth. The Beastmen & Kindred Medal fiasco for instance, and Asura's natural hatred towards pet jobs *cough* Draylo *cough*
Asura will be the death of FFXI if it hasn't already with this Medal duping BS.
Asura is great, and for me it's revived this old game, but you learn to generally ignore the drama and yells. It is a little strange that we don't have a dedicated pet linkshell here. I'd have started one myself but in my current LS there are many people who don't have pet jobs. Despite that I do use pet strats often, and I'd say my LS is probably the closest to being a pet shell (of any that I'm aware of).
There's definitely a hole on Asura for a pet LS.
Come to Shiva and join Falkirk's pet shell.
Wait....WHAT?!?
Master Falkirk has come to Shiva?!?!?
**ninja edit** facts I don't like from Malthar. Shame on you, man! SHAME ON YOU!