Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-10 05:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
An issue wherein specific buffs would not, under certain circumstances, be applied to pets.

time to retest vorseals and atma for pet killer effects and resist traits.
[+]
By chads 2018-10-14 17:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to understand how Nukumi Gausape +1 works. Let's assume you have +20 X Killer from traits and gear where X is the family of the monster you're fighting. Nukumi G. +1 should be giving you +10% damage and -10% DT, correct? Does this apply to master, pet, or both? Assuming this DT counts towards the DT cap and in this scenario would only need 40% DT from other gear/sources to reach cap? Is it additive or multiplicative?

Confusion is coming from the Killer/DT set on the front page listing a massive amount of +Killer trait and Nukumi G. +1 but also filling slots in the set up to -50% DT.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-14 19:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it would be 10%. Only to the master and it's separate from regular dt.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-10-14 22:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

chads said: »
Trying to understand how Nukumi Gausape +1 works. Let's assume you have +20 X Killer from traits and gear where X is the family of the monster you're fighting. Nukumi G. +1 should be giving you +10% damage and -10% DT, correct? Does this apply to master, pet, or both? Assuming this DT counts towards the DT cap and in this scenario would only need 40% DT from other gear/sources to reach cap? Is it additive or multiplicative?

Confusion is coming from the Killer/DT set on the front page listing a massive amount of +Killer trait and Nukumi G. +1 but also filling slots in the set up to -50% DT.

It's multiplicative, so for an example... You have a vermin-type pet and use Killer Instinct while fighting Sabotenders.
When they hit you with 1000 Needles:

1000 * 0.5 (Capped PDT) * 0.85 (Killer Instinct) * 0.75 (Killer Effects +50, Augmented) = 318.75 damage

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Quote:
An issue wherein specific buffs would not, under certain circumstances, be applied to pets.

time to retest vorseals and atma for pet killer effects and resist traits.

Killer Effect+ Vorseals work now:

Resist Trait+ Atmas work now:
[+]
By chads 2018-10-15 01:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting. It's better than I thought! Thank you both for the input and thank you very much for the visual Fal.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-15 05:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Falkirk. I meant to go test it myself. Just haven't had time yet.

nice to see they fixed it!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-17 11:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Falkirk,

what set is that for Killer Effects 50 / PDT 50

I'm reviewing the one on front page, which should work for anything w/ hq killer effects + food, so I'm not sure why to change it for plantoid killer specifically unless its just what you had from an old test... ah, that probably it... except you wouldn't use Artio mantle if it were just an old image from an old test.

So I'm just curious trying to figure out the gear in the image.

I see you using sword for plantoid killer +10, and I'm guessing those are vermin earrings. I'm guessing the shield is the Evalach..
REally not sure what the hands or belt are
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-17 11:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/27994/macabre-gaunt-1

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/11771/pipilaka-belt#adv
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-17 15:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, you are right. thank you.

hmm..
Killer Effects:
26% from gear --(very impressive!)
10% from traits
15% from Killer Instinct
12% from food

63% total

Falkirk's set is great for capping vs plantoids w/out food.

It would be really nice to have a level 99 earring which just gives Killer effects +3; Not limited to type.

Those earrings only drop from Garrison, so understandably, almost no one has them, except Falkirk :D

My current Killer Effect - DT set looks like this:

ItemSet 254085

I depend on the Killer effects + food to cap Killer effects. Its alot nicer on my inventory than trying to carry lower level killer effects + gear for 28 earrings that are hard to find. Then again the food is still 7 stacks in my satchel.

Tamer's ring is the only low level Killer effects piece I hold on to. The latent condition is bearable. Again this is where I think having an earring to replace it would be great.

(In Fact, after this post I'm gonna make that suggestion on SE forums.)

edit: ACk! I actually forgot about Killer effects Merits for another 5%!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-10-17 18:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that killer effects have their potency reduced to 2/3s on NMs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-17 19:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Yep! Which is a total Croc!
By clearlyamule 2018-10-17 19:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a few older things don't count at all. Can't remember the random ones but basically all of old dynamis (though think the update that made some xp mobs fixed those ones)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-20 10:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Sure but keep in mind 33% intimidation on nms is still quite incredible.

Normal attacks, spells and special moves that target the bst can all be intimidated.

So alot of AoE moves simply won't complete.

Unfortunately I don't know of any killer effect that proc on beastmen. Otherwise killer tanking in ambu would probably be a thing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-26 03:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for early November.
Beastmaster job point refinements, and more!

Pet Enmity JP that they talked about
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-26 09:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect the new Job point category to be something like this:

Snarl: Pet Enmity + (1~20)%
By clearlyamule 2018-10-26 10:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fencer +1-20 tp bonus
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-26 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Fencer +1-20 tp bonus

That would be fun, but I think an enmity-related change is more likely.

Since we throwing guesses out there, and I'm in a mood for it, I'm guessing that when it comes around Nukumi trousers +2 will have stout servant +3 and trousers +3 will have stout servant +4.

which should be pet -dt 8% and new BiS for pet tanking. And very nice for hybrid since there are good master dd stats on nukumi legs also.

Nukumi hands +3 I think will get Pet TP Bonus +800

Nukukmi Cabasset +3 probably be correlation effects + 28
I'm hoping this gets some more pet attack/accuracy stats as well. if it surpasses Emicho coronet +1 I'd be thrilled. Inventory +1. Pairing the correlation effects w/ the pet boosts would mean not choosing 1 or the other, but just getting really good bonus when correlation is good.

Nukumi ocreae +3 should have some very nice pet DA. I hoping 10%. and Spur + 35

Nukumi Gausape +3 I REALLY hope gets WSD +10%, but I wouldn't be surprse if legs get it instead. disappointed, but not surprised. Body really only needs improves stats as it is, but wsd would have the best synergy. I love that Ankusa helm +3 got WSD +10%.

I rather wish Totemic trousers +3 Would have had WSD +10% instead of Totemic Gloves. Ofcourse, I'm obviously lining them up w/ the Killer Effect bonuses. But also Meghanada Gloves +2 would fill the Hands slot, and we'd get much better wsd overall..
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-29 21:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought of another fun set.

Ofcource Falkirk has posted updates to pet pdt/mdt sets on front page, but it is possible to cap Pet -DT and Player DT now for Bst...

pretty crazy, and I will be surprised when anyone w/ 2x Pangu Shows up.

ItemSet 362627

Path C Pangu ofcourse.
5% pet dt on artio cape
10% dt on Anwig ofcourse
4% on taeon hands/feet

funny thing is, you don't lose much to turn it into a strange hybrid set where master dt 50% pet pdt 77% / mdt 69 and still gain 11 dW (for capped magic haste situation) capped gear haste and a very nice chunk of Accuracy. Would be nice if I could squeeze in a little more pet haste. I think this set only gets 20% pet haste.

ItemSet 362631
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-29 21:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

why do you need 2? augment is mh only
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-29 21:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
why do you need 2? augment is mh only

ah, you are absolutely right. I forgot.

got caught up thinking how peculiar it was that its not rare.

ok, well just some silly ramblings then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-30 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I have a more useful Hybrid DT set here... then again, i shouldn't say Hybrid, because everyone thinks the dual purpose of a 'Hybrid' set is TP and Defense.

This set is an emergency button set for both pet and master.

ItemSet 362642
Artio's Mantle: 10% pet PDT
Master: 44% DT, + 6% PDT
Pet: 59% DT, + 25% PDT

I've actually been reviewing alot of gear sets lately. Trying to find good high accuracy options. Hybrid Options, and TP options.

Useful food for thought in any way.

ItemSet 362648
Artio's Mantle: 10% pdt, 10% haste, Acc/Attack
14% DT; 36% pdt; 12 AutoRegen
11% DW; 26 STP;
26% Haste; 283 Acc; 278 Attack; 5 TA; 5 DA

Max Acc
I don't think its possible to get higher master Acc on Bst at preset aside from this set.

ItemSet 361616

+520 Acc
+201 Dex

Realistically its currently hard to get anywhere near this Acc. you lose 75 by not having Pangu and Beastmaster Collar+2, which are incredibly rare/expensive. HQ Mache Earrings and Ramuh Ring +1 are also unlikely. Tengu-no-hane is likely replaced by hasty pinion +1 or Ginsen dropping another 5~10 Acc. so more likely players will get a +400 Acc set when really working at it.

I also have this comparison for tp sets. I was comparing the total accuracy of the following sets for bst.

Argosy D 127
Argosy D +1 182
Ankusa 3 190
Heyoka 200
Tali'ah +2 220
Emicho Acc (B/D)217
Meghanada +2 240
Heyoka +1 250
Totemic +3 300
Valorous 55 ~ 255

I'm curious about stacking multi-attack, but I've mostly seen the pattern that Store TP is alot more important for bst, and harder to get. Argosy set is best Store TP option. Emicho has 2 alternative pieces with store tp master options. Valorous Feet are an option with augments.

I found that my accessory options looked the same no matter what sets I put together. usually sherida earring, eabani earing, various artio mantle options, Reiki Yotai, Ginsen, Epono's ring and either Anu Torque + Hetairoi Ring, or Ilabrat Ring + Asperity necklace. Only reason to change them is to squeeze out every little ounce of Accuracy. Most accuracy differences are in the 5 set pieces.

I should point out that Valorous set has the potential to be better than any other TP set. If you can get High Store TP and accuracy values, and 1 dark matter augment to get 3% haste in with the Accuracy, you are looking at a solid set.

I'm not sure on the best ways to mix pieces above, but I'll probably play with it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-31 02:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Next we have a refinement for the Beastmaster Job Point category “Pet Enmity.” Ever since we promised you job adjustments, we’ve been reviewing all the jobs to see where we could introduce needed changes. In doing so, we felt that this one needed immediate attention in light of recent content additions, so we’re taking care of it first.

TIL Immediate to SE means, 6 years.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-10-31 09:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, lmao at the pet enmity JP category being the thing about the beastmaster job that needed "immediate attention".
[+]
By Felgarr 2018-10-31 10:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely ridiculous IMHO, but that's SE Logic. :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-31 12:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it makes perfect sense in the pattern and attitude they have towards beastmater.

How many of the changes in bst for the last few years have been (largely unsuccessfully) pushing bst to engage with pet, rather than send in pet and fall back?

The range nerf, Heyoka set, Tali'ah Set. Pangu, Beastmaster collar to name a few.

So they have been pushing this playstyle, then a JP player who is actually playing that way say "Hey I don't want pet enmity and now in or later. I'm engaging as pure bst dd, but you are making me kill my pet"

So here is a player complying with SE's design push, and SE finds out "Oh! we actually have design reasons that discourage players from playing the way we've been trying to Encourage! We better fix that quickly!"

I think it makes sense. I think that SE pushing bst to engaged shows a similar huge misunderstanding in how the design affects players.

I like having a pet enmity adjustment. I'm quite hopeful. I hope it also brings a change related to the bug tickets I submitted. If Bst has better Enmity control as a result, it opens some very interesting tanking options.

I think SE has been addressing some of these things.

For Example:

Heyoka Set, is made as a tp set for both master and pet. It also presumes the pet will be tanking.

Pangu This is designed largely to help survival when both master and pet are engaged. Beastmaster Collar 1/2 have good dd stats for both master and pet, wheter for ready moves, weaponskills or tp phase.

All this points to me that they are addressing the issues that discourage beastmasters from engaging w/ pets.

If tp set is a hybrid tp/dt set, then 2 big concerns go away.

However there is still the issue of getting buffs for player vs buffs for pet.

If bst is in dd party w/ NON pet players, then the buffs will be player focused and pet may be less effective. If in pet party, then buffs will be pet focused, and players will be less effective.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-31 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason they're changing it, and I can't believe it took this long to figure this out, is that there's no choice. you -have- to get pet:enmity 20/20 it's not tied to snarl or something.

There's no other category for any other job like that.

Actually, that's not fully true, BLM has forced enmity down, I guess, if you wanted to tank BLM that would be detrimental just like pet:enmity would be. (pup martial arts too)

Nevermind that the entirety of Monk and Paladin categories are garbage, enmity is the priority.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-31 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean some jobs are forced to take jps that actively hurt the job anytime they are relevant... if only people designing stats and mechanics actually played the game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-11-02 08:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

After more consideration and discussion, I agree that Aerix' BST TP set is superior.

ItemSet 362711
Artio's mantle: DEx/Acc/Att/STP
Valorous: STP 7~8 / Acc / dex

According to the DPS spreadsheet, Argosy D +1 set in the Guide has 514 cycle time and 3.28 Rounds per wS (when using blurred axe/Hatxiik for offhand).

However, Aerix set above is 516 cycle time and 3.30 Rounds/WS.

This difference is Completely insignificant for tp set. They are Indistinguishable from a TP perspective. The Argosy set has slightly more white damage, but I consider that very negligible as well.

What makes a bigger difference are the defensive stats. Argosy has no stats aside from def, hp, str, dex, attack, acc, DA, STp.

They are all very high Offensive stats. It shows that argosy set is designed for weaponskills.

However, the tP set Aerix made has 293 Meva, 14 MDB, 177 EVA, 2 pdt, 2 mdt,
Granted we can get much higher defensive stats from other sets, but altogether these defensive stats make a very noticeable difference.

It also has the advantage of being much more obtainable. Its alot easier to get 2 HQ abjurations than 5. Although it may take some time getting the right augments on valorous, it seems more obtainable in my opinion.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-11-08 23:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Beastmaster Job Point category “Pet Enmity Bonus” has been replaced by the new category “Pet Magic Accuracy Bonus.

Is that going to have any real impact on anything?
By clearlyamule 2018-11-08 23:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

About as much as just removing the category would do
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 175 176 177