Okay, so just to be clear, Farsha is still not a thing, right? It's used for very niche situations? Is Dolichenus still the reigning champ as far as BST mainhand goes?
It's in the same pool as emps with a lacking/underperforming WS tied to it, its a great white dmg option but unlike WAR which has a huge white dmg increase via high/capped DA and something like 30~% DA dmg, bst gets none of that so its considerably less appealing.
Dolchi is still the go-to axe, ikenga's with its TP bonus is pretty nice for mistral spam similarly to tri-edge, or used as an off-hand to other axes like pangu
I've got some silly questions about Tandem Blow / Tandem Strike.
To benefit from this bonus for both you and the pet (that won't show on checkparam) you and your pet need to be engaged on the same target.
Not just that, I assume you need to have swung your weapon at least once (probably even a miss is enough to activate the bonus) but after that what happens, I wonder?
If I miss or land a blow, activating the bonus, and then I turn around while remaining engaged, will the bonus continue to be active? Or do you need to be swinging your weapons every X seconds to refresh the effect, similar to how sambas work on DNC?
I wonder if anybody ever tested this.
Has anyone tested Poisonous Broth (acuex)'s Pestilent Plume (Deals Darkness elemental damage in a fan-shaped area. Additional effects: Plague (-50 TP/tic), Blind (-50 Accuracy), -25 MDB for 60 seconds. Damage varies with TP) to see if the debuff can land on ilvl mobs? Such as ody?
Is it worth to unlock Feral Howl with just 1 point?
I remember back in 2014 i had it but it would miss most of the times, but if it landed could be a life saver.
Any of you uses it?
Well, if the evasion got added, it's not in checkparam.
However, some initial testing is putting up some crazy numbers.
Took Randy out to fight lvl 0 mobs, and he's now hitting for 1500 swings, which is double what I remember him using. And Razor Fang is doing 40k damage, way more than I ever remember it doing to even lvl0 stuff. This could easily be lack of documentation for numbers, but quick testing seems to suggest they maybe just pumped pet damage calculations in general.
The following jobs have undergone adjustments
Beasmaster / Dragoon / Summoner/ Puppetmaster
Pet physical and magic evasion will now increase in line with item level.
iLevel
Pre-Update
Evasion
Post-Update
Evasion
99
567
567
100
583
583
101
591
593
102
606
610
103
620
626
104
634
643
105
649
660
106
664
677
107
678
693
108
693
710
109
707
727
110
721
743
111
737
761
112
752
778
113
766
795
114
780
811
115
795
828
116
810
845
117
824
862
118
838
878
119
853
895
120
878
924
121
905
955
Pet:Evasion boost scales from iLvl 101-121, giving a total of +50 at level 121.
Took Randy out to fight lvl 0 mobs, and he's now hitting for 1500 swings, which is double what I remember him using. And Razor Fang is doing 40k damage, way more than I ever remember it doing to even lvl0 stuff. This could easily be lack of documentation for numbers, but quick testing seems to suggest they maybe just pumped pet damage calculations in general.
Sounds like they doubled the pet melee pDIF cap value from 4.0 to 8.0? Will check shortly.
EnergizedSefina is a WAR so possesses the Critical Hit Damage+8% job trait.
I was expecting the Critical pDIF cap value to have gone up (beyond the non-Crit), but it shares the same non-Crit value still as far as I can see.
From these tests it looks more like they "simply" raised the damage somehow but did not raise the pDIF cap?
Which is still very good I guess, just... different from what they mentioned. How could something that different get lost in translation? I don't get it.
Can't wait to see what happened to Automatons now.
It's not even the translation that's wrong I think, they both specify to increasing the physical damage limit on criticals for actions and auto attacks
From these tests it looks more like they "simply" raised the damage somehow but did not raise the pDIF cap?
Which is still very good I guess, just... different from what they mentioned. How could something that different get lost in translation? I don't get it.
Can't wait to see what happened to Automatons now.
They raised the Pet melee pDIF cap from 4.0 to 8.0 from initial testing.
Demhar's damage didn't double in Einherjar because the amount of Attack+/Defense- required has increased dramatically, and I'm assuming that was a solo run without GEO Frailty etc.
Pet Ranged pDIF cap (3.0) was unchanged (Leaf Dagger damage is still the same as pre-Update which indicates it wasn't simply a physical damage boost but a melee damage boost) so I'd like to see data about Sharpshot Automatons to confirm.
Pet crits already couldnt go above their pdif cap like it can for players
I mean its one thing to look at it. Other is that normal pdif cap wasnt working and pets were able to reach crit pdif cap without criting. So if they boosted just crit pdif cap, they boosted both in reality.
Another thing is how to use this in practice. I guess you can take advantage of it in any content where Frailty is working, because you cant really push cratio that high on ilvl mobs without frailty+dia+defdown right?
The more things change, the more they stay the same...
Player Pdif cap used to be around 2~2.2 while pet pdif cap was 4.
Player Pdif cap has been increased up to around 4 and now pet is back up to 2x that.
The experience point penalty for death used to be a big deal, but hasn't been for about 10 years. now exemplar point death penalty is quite significant like it used to be.
This change does make pet only strategies more viable.
bst unleash for Aeonics now? :P not just smns burns.
bst unleash for Aeonics now? :P not just smns burns.
You know its funny, back in 2016 when Reis just came out that is exactly how we beat most of the bosses. Granted, I suppose the reason it changed was the fact that they nerfed the bst JA range.
You know its funny, back in 2016 when Reis just came out that is exactly how we beat most of the bosses. Granted, I suppose the reason it changed was the fact that they nerfed the bst JA range.
pretty sure you could user revitalizers to reset unleash at that time also...
These 6 moves all have fTP transfer.
I'll add a note to the Ready fTP chart and below the Multi-Hit Ready Moves gearset to clearly state such. Thanks!
Are you absolutely sure? I was out specifically testing Tickling Tendrils on lvl 0 mobs, and I'd occasionally get hits for 2000 rather than the initial 10k. If Tickling does transfer then it's easily our best damage to ready move ratio(assuming pDIF cap), but those 2k hits convinced me it doesn't.
Are you absolutely sure? I was out specifically testing Tickling Tendrils on lvl 0 mobs, and I'd occasionally get hits for 2000 rather than the initial 10k. If Tickling does transfer then it's easily our best damage to ready move ratio(assuming pDIF cap), but those 2k hits convinced me it doesn't.
I'm very certain, yes.
The 2k hit you saw happened because the rabbit you were targeting started to hop away and the damage from Ready moves suffers a breath-like penalty at certain degrees (drops from 100% to 25%).
The best way to check is to examine your TP return - if you aren't wearing any Pet:STP gear and miss the first hit, then a TP return of 10 will indicate you've landed a subsequent hit of a multi-hit move.
The damage penalty from hitting a moving target at an angle has taught me to either wait for the Wild Rabbit to finish moving to wherever it's going or use Feral Howl to freeze it in place. :)
Just came back to check this, yea. Was testing with Choral and getting the same effect, but TP returns weren't adding up and testing on mobs that can take multiple hits seemed to suggest it was transferring. I didn't know about the breath effect on melee moves, good to know. Sorry for the confusion.
Well, now to get Tickling tested in a full buff situation.
So, tried a couple different pets in Dho gates on Apex Bats. Had a GEO and a COR. I wasn't pDIF capped(pets generally were hitting around 7-800) but I'm honestly curious if they can make it short of an absolute overload of buffs and debuffs.
Still, Tickling was an easy 30k in the setup, and a lot of the other moves were pretty spicy as well. Pentapeck stood to to me because it's self buffing(Swooping was 18k on average as well) and it can close double light, though the 3 charges hurts. Still, the numbers are pretty damn crazy.
Rhinowrecker was around 35k, Buffet was in the 30s as well, and Razor Fang was around 20k. Only thing I wonder about is that I had a basically perfect GEO bubble(minus 1HR), solid COR rolls, Koru Dia, food, Spur, and occasionally Run Wild. I'm not sure it's possible to get many more buffs for the pets themselves as it stands, so it might be pretty damn hard to get past these numbers without some inventive work.