Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-11-16 20:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

never thought anything you said was a criticism or even a bad idea. they are fine ideas.

I use Falkirk's lua. I dont' have that issue that I have noticed
 Bahamut.Punishment
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Punishment 2022-11-19 02:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my LUA. It is a previous version of Falkirk's. I added the new pets/moves in the August 2020 update, and I haven't really updated it since then other than new gear upgrades. You just gotta use the built in custom ready commands to make sure it swaps the sets appropriately for pet moves.

EDIT: BTW, my Primal Rends really suck and I could use some advice on how to get more damage out of that. I don't have access to Nyame or any Odyssey gear yet. I know I need more MAB, but I figured with what I have I could at least break 8-10k on targets that don't resist and I usually barely do 1000.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-11-19 03:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Without nyame you're basically playing the augment game which i see you have a few valor pieces in there, with body you can try your luck at sacro breastplate from alexander htb. Metamorph ring+1 over taliah, and can just keep trying at mab/wsd, do find it odd for you to be unable to break 1k though, primal isnt amazing but it aint that terrible
By phunky 2022-11-19 04:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
Aymur R15 on apex I'm getting around 22k-23k at 3000TP and if I debuff with swooping frenzy or Pestilent Plume it can go up to 28k to 31k.

At 2000 TP it's about 16-18k normally or 21k+ if debuffed with fenzy or plume which is pretty solid if you run a fencer build.

This is the set I'm currently running for Primal Rend.

ammo="Erlene's Notebook",
head={ name="Jumalik Helm", augments={'MND+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Magic burst dmg.+10%','"Refresh"+1',}},
body="Sacro Breastplate",
hands={ name="Leyline Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+12','Mag. Acc.+14','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+2',}},
legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments={'Potency of "Cure" effect received+2%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Mag. Acc.+9 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+9',}},
feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','Weapon skill damage +2%','STR+2','Accuracy+4',}},
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Weather. Ring",
right_ring="Acumen Ring",
back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'CHR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','CHR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

This was my Primal Rend set from late 2019/early 2020 pre odyssey that could help you out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-11-20 20:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Erlene's Notebook >>> Pemphredo Tathlum
Jumalik helm >> Ankusa Helm +3
Actually, you can try swapping head and or hands for ankusa helm and or totemic gloves +3. test for results w/ your build. it all depends on wsd/mab balance. At least 1 being swapped will be better. hands probably better option than head in your case methinks.

Sacro breastplate is great
Sanctity Necklace >> Baetyl Pendant
I see no point in Moonshade having attack +4, Mab 4 is much more useful.

Augury cuisses +1 for legs. augmented thru odyssey. 46 MAB, 26 CHR, 10 DEx.
I have really good mab augments on valorous hands/feet 47 on hands, only 36 on feet.

Granted full path B Nyame is better than all these.

if you offhand Fernagu, its easier to hit higher number lower tp, but 3k tp it wont' help at all. Off-hand Malevolence dagger is really powerful, but if you in Odyssey, I also really like Agwu's axe. Its really a perfect offhand complement for everything Aymur does.

Can upgrade weatherspoon ring to +1.

Metemorph ring +1 adds 16 chr to the mix.... probably a good option, but I haven't tried it not sure if better than Acumen ring in this situation.

I got Epaminondas's ring from Gobbie Box. WSD or MAB are best options there. Fenrir ring +1 works too, but Acumen not bad. You want to balance out WSD a bit. because adding MAB and WSD both multiply the damage, but if you the more MAB you have the more valuable WSD is in contrast, and vice-versa if you have too much WSD and not enough MAB.

I would also wonder what apex targets you are choosing? Bats are a good option for maximizing damage, since weak to light and killer instinct w/ amorph will work well.

I hit 33k primal rend on Locus Bight Rarab in Bibiki Bay which check as IT level 137 I think. I'm using Killer Instinct w/ Caroline. I also close 3rd step in skillchain for 99k Darkness. If I'm lucky I can get tp for Cloudsplitter, Double Darkness. but my cloudsplitter only does about 10k, and 30k skillchain damage IIRC.

REALLY wish I had fully upgraded Nyame in there. Only just came back to game, so I'll get the v20 clear then start augmenting it.

I think I was doing 50k primal on apex bats after using Pestilent plume. (plume itself did poor damage on pats, but Foul Waters was fine for bursting.

There are 2 different groups of gear to think about in Odyssey. the stuff you buy from moogle and NM clears is alot tougher, BUT if you are just augmenting Unity Gear, you can definitely do that.

sorry for my sloppy post, I edit to much afterwards... and didnt' realize phunky was responding to Punishment.... I'm galka too, but all I saw was both were Galka in pictures. and ddin't even compare and realize different people.... derp.

I think I'm tired.
 Bahamut.Punishment
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Punishment 2022-11-21 06:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes phunky was posting his set to help me out with pre-Odyssey options. My set is much crappier and buried in my lua above lol. Although I did get Jumalik Helm with perfect augs yesterday.

This is just gonna be a semi expensive project to have it all replaced by Nyame in a few weeks if I just get off my *** and do it, so I think I'm going that route instead.

But I plan to grab the Metamorph Ring and am considering swapping my Thurandaut for Weatherspoon because I'm working on Ranger as well. I rely less and less on pet damage lately, so it seems like a good idea to make this magic WS work for fights where thats relevant. This months ambu would be real nice if i could belt out some Primals at 25-30K with Plume, and just swap to Dolichenus after the freeze and hit some big Decimations.

EDIT: Also apparently I made the MAB capes for Cloudsplitter and Primal and just never put them in my sets...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-11-21 08:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I swapped thurandaut +1 for Weatherspoon +1. If I were still in a pet LS I would stay w/ thurandaut, but my pet is more often my support and skillchain partner than Tank or primary DD.... and I focus on Primal Rend more than other Weaponskills.

ITs a fast cast ring for every job and weaponskill ring for Primal Rend, Trueflight, Shining blade, Seraph Blade, Seraph Strike, Flash Nova, Garland of Bliss, etc.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Minaras84 2022-11-29 00:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any add-on that tells if my pet is out of range for sic/ready?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 01:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
late followup to this but v20 mboze def lands, had a run with me for unda rayke just in case
I'm not sure if Rayke would work for landing Ooze, but it might.
Gambit should make no difference at all though?
Gambit only affects damage taken for that element on the target that receives it, should have nothing to do with meva/resistance against a specific element.
I think?
By Nariont 2022-11-29 01:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rayke helps by lowering resist tiers, yes. Gambit like you said just adds ele dmg+% based on runes
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 04:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposing BiS (or close to that) Pet Macc gear and a decent macc food lik Rolanberry Daifuku, how realistic is it to land Purulent Ooze on Mboze V20 without Rayke and without other similar buffs/debuffs (i.e. solo, no multiboxing, no friends etc)

Guess you need ML50 for it to be anywhere close to being considered mildly reliable?
By SimonSes 2022-11-29 04:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Supposing BiS (or close to that) Pet Macc gear and a decent macc food lik Rolanberry Daifuku, how realistic is it to land Corrosive Ooze on Mboze without Rayke and without other similar buffs/debuffs (i.e. solo, no multiboxing, no friends etc)

Guess you need ML50 for it to be anywhere close to being considered mildly reliable?

More like 100% I would say
Do you mean Purulent Ooze maybe?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 04:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah! ><
Damn my dumb fingers
By SimonSes 2022-11-29 04:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah! ><
Damn my dumb fingers

Then I dont know :D
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-29 07:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done a run without rayke, and i think it took a few RR and tries to land it

With rayke it was pretty easy
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 08:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Warmoose may I ask what ML was the BST who was attempting to land Ooze on Mboze V20?

From the reports I've seen here and somewhere else it seems pretty clear that RUN makes quite a massive difference. To the point that in tri-runs it might be worth using RUN on Mboze rather than on Ongo.
If you're going just for the 6% and not the win I mean, of course.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-29 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Warmoose may I ask what ML was the BST who was attempting to land Ooze on Mboze V20?

From the reports I've seen here and somewhere else it seems pretty clear that RUN makes quite a massive difference. To the point that in tri-runs it might be worth using RUN on Mboze rather than on Ongo.
If you're going just for the 6% and not the win I mean, of course.

0 ML. Just enough JP to have 20/20 pet m.acc

I said rayke helps/makes it easier to land. I'm not refuting that.

Can also entrust m.eva down, or frazzle if the RDM is good enough. Ive slept/bound/gravity/silenced mboze for a whole run before.

Curious if anyones oozed xevioso before. Thats one i havent tried and am behind on rp for
 Asura.Duskbane
user: Pepino
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-11-29 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow tamers,

Having a hard time setting up a 5-Hit to 1000tp set.
Does anyone mind sharing what they have?
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-29 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
i'm ML 30 atm and have trouble without a rune to the point i wouldn't do repeat attempts without one. gear might not be perfect but it's close, nyame is B not D. r20 agwu's axe but r0 is fine. yes i don't even have a pet macc cape yet
Code
sets.Magical_Ready_Moves = {ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
	head="Nyame Helm",neck="Beastmaster Collar +2",ear1="Handler's Earring +1",ear2="Enmerkar Earring",
	body="Udug Jacket",hands="Nukumi Manoplas +2",ring1="Cath Palug Ring",ring2="Tali'ah Ring",
	waist="Incarnation Sash",legs="Nyame Flanchard",feet="Gleti's Boots"}

That's still significant no? +130 pet macc that would otherwise be in the nyame and back slots?

Post deleted by User.
By shamgi 2022-11-29 17:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Duskbane said: »
Hello fellow tamers,

With Aymur or with another weapon?
 Asura.Duskbane
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-11-29 19:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

shamgi said: »
Hello fellow tamers,

Yeah with Aymur
By shamgi 2022-12-02 23:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow tamers,

Yeah with Aymur

There's a couple sets in the guide for it. More generally, you need 59 Store TP to get 100 TP a swing, assuming Agwu's Axe in the offhand(Which provides good overall stats for Aymur).

My personal setup right now. I've actually been using a fair bit of +2/+3 empy with this just for the inflated as hell stats. If you're looking for a cheaper/easier option, I can't think of anything off the top of my head but Resienjima gear should be able to cover most of the STP.

ItemSet 377559
By Minaras84 2022-12-07 21:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you guys solo ml these days?
I had a 3 months break and last i logged in i tried the colibri camp, but it wasnt worth it, way too much competion.
I saw they added bibiki and king ramperre tomb as new camps, any of these worth it for a bst solo?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-07 21:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not on asura. The old camps are the new camps. They largely abandoned the lower (first generation) apex camps for the new ones.

The best camps are the ones that go uncontested regardless of the points per kill.
By phunky 2022-12-07 22:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
Where do you guys solo ml these days?
I had a 3 months break and last i logged in i tried the colibri camp, but it wasnt worth it, way too much competion.
I saw they added bibiki and king ramperre tomb as new camps, any of these worth it for a bst solo?

Bats in kings ranperres tomb is good for bst if you have Aymur and your magic ws sets are up to date. With Acurex pet and KI up, tag them with pestilent plume and ruinator > primal rend > cloudsplitter > burst foul waters will kill them.

If you don't like fighting for an ep spot and don't mind a walk outer raz is relatively empty these days. Can do the same SC and should kill without the MB.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-08 09:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I like killing Locus Bight Rarab in Bibiki bay.

Wild Oats > Leaf Dagger >> Primal Rend >> Cloudsplitter
 Asura.Duskbane
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-12-08 10:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow tamers,

Yeah with Aymur

There's a couple sets in the guide for it. More generally, you need 59 Store TP to get 100 TP a swing, assuming Agwu's Axe in the offhand(Which provides good overall stats for Aymur).

My personal setup right now. I've actually been using a fair bit of +2/+3 empy with this just for the inflated as hell stats. If you're looking for a cheaper/easier option, I can't think of anything off the top of my head but Resienjima gear should be able to cover most of the STP.

ItemSet 377559

This is gonna sound newbish but I'm not entirely sure on what I need to prioritize when it comes to Haste, Store TP, Double Triple Quad Attack. I see all the sets on the first page but none have really worked for me so far, but thank you for this, I'm gonna try this out.
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 175 176 177