On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 95 96 97
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-12 10:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikoneko said: »
The effects of Chatoyant/Twilight/etc have hidden cure potency assigned with day/weather effects. You can check the amounts with a quick search on bg-wiki.
They're asking about the cure potency cap though, weather effects don't count toward the cure potency cap, they're a totally separate multiplier.

Dane, are you including the augments? It should be capped potency with those. The Kaykaus+1 boots have 6 cure potency on the augment, maybe that's what you're missing?
By DaneBlood 2018-07-12 10:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Dane, are you including the augments? It should be capped potency with those. The Kaykaus+1 boots have 6 cure potency on the augment, maybe that's what you're missing?

i will be honenst i was dead *** tired when I looked through it but i didn see that path A and B having cure potency on them but i think i missed the native cp on the staff this is what im getting today with "Clear eyes"

Staff 10%
head 11%
ear1 3%+3% (i assume the unit rewaards is added ont othe base rewards?)
hands 11
ring 3%
feet 11%
total 52%

am i wrong about the unity bonus beeing added on top of the native Curepotc of the earring ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-12 10:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Set is old anyway. Best weather chatoyant set should be:

ItemSet 357300

Swap janniston over kuchekula if you have it. If you don't have cleric's torque+2, like most people, use a lower quality cleric's torque or nodens gorget with a Nourishing+1 instead of novia(you lose capped enmity doing this). You want path D on the feet, for an additional 6% cure potency.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-12 17:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the updates. just about saved me getting the K hands there.
Ring earring amo and sub is just for capping emnity?

I swear I have a memory from my previous account of a ring that had the same effect as the twillight cape but i cant seem to find it or remember it.

might just be wishfull thinking

Also i assume Theer body for Curaga?
By Sidiov 2018-07-12 17:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »

I swear I have a memory from my previous account of a ring that had the same effect as the twillight cape but i cant seem to find it or remember it.

You are probably thinking Zodiac Ring, but its for ele magic only.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-12 19:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

next stupid question.

Is there a spreadsheet for WHM cures like there is for DD's dmg ?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-13 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There hasn't really been a need for one.

There's only a few stats you're juggling in a cure build:

- Cure Potency 1
- Cure Potency 2
- Cure Power (Healing skill + (MND/2) + (VIT/4))
- Enmity Down
- Conserve MP
- Haste

Cure Power caps at 700 and is very easy to cap. In fact if you're master WHM then it's hard *not* to cap it. So juggling pieces for MND or healing skill or whatnot is generally a waste of time.

Potency1 and Enmity Down should be capped in any decent cure build. Body, legs, waist, and back are locked in for specific pieces.

So really that just leaves trying to juggle the other slots to squeeze in as much Potency2/Haste/CMP as you can without leaving other areas uncapped.

There's nothing a spreadsheet could tell you that a quick tally of your potency1 and potency2 stats wouldn't tell you.
[+]
By Aislynia 2018-07-16 09:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I haven't seen a confirmation anywhere, I figured I'd ask here. Does the "Erase +1" effect on the Cleric's Torque remove 2 erasable debuffs at a time? And does the effect stack with Divine Veil through either Divine Seal or Yagrush?
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Stuntmandan 2018-07-16 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It does. I just tried it out. Makes me even lazier with my Yagrush.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-16 10:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be a godsend for fights with an erasable aura.

I just love it when someone gets hit with Slow, while next to a mob with something like Bio aura, and my Erase hits the Bio like 10 times in a freaking row. Meanwhile their recasts are screwed. Good times.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-16 13:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need examples to believe the torque is a worthwhile item, then you are an utterly terrible WHM. It also uses a slot that otherwise gives no benefit to erase, so it has no downside.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2018-07-16 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was getting a lot of 2x erasegas (bind/weight and def.down/m.def.down) in sinnister reign last night. Such a beautiful buff we got.

Edit: also nice that we can get impact off 2x faster now

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2018-07-16 14:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't recall from last night but BG says Darrcuin's Righteous Rasp and Sajj'aka's Denounce.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-16 18:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
For example?
I think in that specific case I was thinking of Zerde, and flans in general but Zerde has that damn Bio aura, and likes to do Magic Def Down moves and such. Removing the magic defense down is a pain when the Bio aura is up.

There are also mobs like Dvergrs which have Cackle (AOE Magic Attack Down + Magic Accuracy Down + Magic Defense Down). It can suck getting MDef Down removed as sometimes you hit the other two first. They also have Bilgestorm which inflicts multiple Erase ailments.

Impact was already brought up but that's a good one. Sacrifice is my go-to for removing that but the recast can be limiting there.

If you're fighting Fomors they can inflict multiple Erase ailments, though not all at once they can stack up if you're busy.

Lots of the caturae have multi-ailment abilities, and so do Naraka type mobs especially in Yaksha stance.

I could probably find more specific examples but I'm lazy.
[+]
 Asura.Aikoneko
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2018-07-17 13:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen.

Did melee strat last night/this morning. Yag + that neck is a godsend when he starts spamming 8,000 debuffs on the entire party. The max hp/mp down followed by blind/para/gravity/doom... just shoot me.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By aisukage 2018-07-18 02:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

ItemSet 357300

Swap janniston over kuchekula if you have it. If you don't have cleric's torque+2, like most people, use a lower quality cleric's torque or nodens gorget with a Nourishing+1 instead of novia(you lose capped enmity doing this). You want path D on the feet, for an additional 6% cure potency.

Ok so question about the cape. BGwiki says "Enhances the damage bonuses associated with day- or weather-aligned magical damage (and cure potency) by an additional 5%"

With sub SCH and aurastorm would that mean just 5%, Is that calculated after all the other potency's. I'm just trying to figure out Why this cape and not the Ambu cape with gives Afflatus solace + 10. I get for aga's that twilight cape will be better since afflatus solace doesn't apply with aga's.

Does the afflatus solace from the cape stack or not stack with Eber's body? Cause looking at it. Would 10% extra SS be better than 5% extra cure. just trying to find some insight in this. Any help would be much appreciated.
By DaneBlood 2018-07-18 07:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »

ItemSet 357300

Ok so question about the cape. BGwiki says "Enhances the damage bonuses associated with day- or weather-aligned magical damage (and cure potency) by an additional 5%"

With sub SCH and aurastorm would that mean just 5%, Is that calculated after all the other potency's. I'm just trying to figure out Why this cape and not the Ambu cape with gives Afflatus solace + 10. I get for aga's that twilight cape will be better since afflatus solace doesn't apply with aga's.

Does the afflatus solace from the cape stack or not stack with Eber's body? Cause looking at it. Would 10% extra SS be better than 5% extra cure. just trying to find some insight in this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Let me try to answers that. ima do the math is I do them in my head this morning and i might be tottaly wrong

You cure for X (Since curepot and curepot 2 are multiplier and are the same in both instance we can remove that out

With Afflatus solaces cape you would the following stoneskin effect Base 25 +14 from body +10 from cape = 49%
Weather would be 10 +10 from staff = 20%
X * 1.49 * 1.2 = 1.788 times your "basic" cures amount

now with the twillight cape get the follow
Afflatus solace: 25 + 14 = 39%
Weather: 10 +10from staff +5 from cape = 25%

x * 1.39 * 1.25 = 1.7375

it looks by my napkin math that you are correct.
also using the ambuscade cape we also can get in 10% more curepot we might remove from other slots as well as 30mnd
By DaneBlood 2018-07-18 08:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn'tt find it quickly looking at bgwiki
but does the Light potency on in iridal and chatoyant staff effect cures.
I assume if it does that a differnet factore than weather and cure pot
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-18 08:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/82344-Afflatus-Solace-New-Cureskin-Findings

Per this thread, cureskin caps at 350. With ebers body+1 and the listed set, you would already be capping it on cure4 and higher. If that testing is outdated and the cap was raised or removed, the ambuscade cape may be a better pick. As is, it is only worth considering for c1 to c3, and c3 is pretty close to cap as well.

The light potency does not effect cures. Iridescence, however, is another possible 10% in the weather term(guaranteed when paired with obi).
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-18 09:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/82344-Afflatus-Solace-New-Cureskin-Findings

Per this thread, cureskin caps at 350. With ebers body+1 and the listed set, you would already be capping it on cure4 and higher. If that testing is outdated and the cap was raised or removed, the ambuscade cape may be a better pick. As is, it is only worth considering for c1 to c3, and c3 is pretty close to cap as well.

The light potency does not effect cures. Iridescence, however, is another possible 10% in the weather term(guaranteed when paired with obi).

Thank you for the clarification
However the linked just says 300 ? and i might be wrong but it appears they are testing cureskin effect withouer any solace gear.
It "could" be that the cap is increased with the gear as well.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor?p=4335720&viewfull=1#post4335720
Here we see thee effective go above even 350 with orison +2 body

again goign only of my memmroy from when i played aon my previous character I believe the affaltus sollace gear movede the cureskin cap

-- edit --

I believe its worth testing and i might go out an do a quick test this weekende

Test methology
- Cure a folly healthyh charcter with a cure6
- activate /claim a needle monster with 1000 needles
- make sure to tanke it away from the test subject.
- let 1000- needles hit the both of us and note down damage reduction

Should be a good enough and easy test right ?
Any feedback on changes or where to find a easy to get 1000 needles mob would be appriciated
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-18 09:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like something that needs a more recent test to be quantified, then. There's not much else you can fit into a single target cure set that has significant benefits, perhaps haste or fast cast on alaunus's to reduce recast or incanter's torque for the MP conservation.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-18 10:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There's been more recent testing than that thread, here on FFXIAH (although I can't find it now), that showed cureskin does not cap at 350. I'm pretty sure it did at some point, and they ninja buffed it without telling us. It used to be only Full Cure could go past 350, now it seems like they all can. The recent testing showed a Cure4skin absorbing well over half of a 1000 needles.

I use Alaunus on single-target cures, and Twilight on Curagas, personally. I abuse the crap out of cureskin, though. Like I will straight up Cure4 someone for 0 just to give them stoneskin.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 95 96 97