number 9? what is that from?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-08-04 03:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Time travel possible and explained:

I saw a big time college professor once say, that time travel is possible, However. The amount of energy needed to create this time travel, would be so immense, that nothing would survive the destination. And we don't have the technology currently to harness or create that kind of energy.

How it was explained.. Was that you'd have to travel lightspeed. Which to so do, think of like surfing a wave. The wave would be the energy needed to time travel, and carry you faster than light speed. However, once the wave slows down and starts to break apart. It would be so much energy exploding that it would destroy anything around it.

The other explanation, which I believe was Einstein's(could be wrong) regarding time travel through wormwholes... was that.. Everyone thinks of the shortest distance between two points(A+B) on a paper, is a straight line.(Connect the dots.) But.. what if, you were to fold the paper(Or outer space) and then make dots A+B touch, then you'd connect the dots, without the use of a straight line. Then, use those two dots as portals to travel between dot A, and dot B. And then unfold the paper, and you've just warped, without having to cross the distance between two dots.

Confusing I know..read a few times and It might make sense.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-04 04:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, wasn't that second theory from some movie about monsters from hell? I thought Einsteins stance on time travel was the light speed thing.

I'm gonna go with the fact that it's impossible to completely prove true or false. However it has been proven that speed changes time. They got two atomic clocks, which are apparently super ridiculously accurate, kept one on the ground, and launched the other into space and took it for a few laps around the planet. Things in orbit travel at stupidly fast speeds thanks to the whole being in a vacuum thing and having no wind resistance. When they landed back down on earth and put the two clocks next to each other, one was a few seconds out (can't remember which way).

That's probably about as close as we'll ever get to proving time travel as being possible. But anyway, even if it's possible to travel at light speed, it's possible that it would only stop time for you, not reverse it. It is theoretically possible (apparently), to travel at light speed, but it is NOT theoretically possible to accelerate to light speed... Go work THAT one out.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-08-04 04:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Galvaya said:

The other explanation, which I believe was Einstein's(could be wrong) regarding time travel through wormwholes... was that.. Everyone thinks of the shortest distance between two points(A+B) on a paper, is a straight line.(Connect the dots.) But.. what if, you were to fold the paper(Or outer space) and then make dots A+B touch, then you'd connect the dots, without the use of a straight line. Then, use those two dots as portals to travel between dot A, and dot B. And then unfold the paper, and you've just warped, without having to cross the distance between two dots.

Blazza said:
Lol, wasn't that second theory from some movie about monsters from hell?

its from the movie Event Horizon
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-04 04:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the one
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-04 04:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Galvaya said:

You sooooo got that from Deja Vu. Great movie, but very well explained ^^
Perhaps someday when we're not in total domestic crisis we can figure out how to make these kinda things a little closer to reality.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-08-04 05:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, never seen either movie, i watched some thing on either the national geographic channel, TLC, or somekind of channel like that. It was interesting, thats where I got all my info, but the sad thing about it, is when they asked people about time travel, it was always like.Crazy old men, in their trailers out in the middle of the dessert with themself, and their 15 cats.