Why Do SE Fail So Hard At Customer Service?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 17:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant ban me ; ; ill use my super cute cry techinque, it has yet to fail me
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-07-27 17:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So here's my conspiracy theory:

Since all companies operating in the US are subject to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), SE has to keep pretty detailed records of all their operations for the last 7 years (could be longer)

Given they have all this info if SE's attention is directed to any particular account they can do a detailed audit of all the technically illegal stuff that they've done (RMT, windower, exploits, etc.)

Maybe SE thought that your friend had started doing something against the TOS around 2007 and rolled him back to that time.

All of this is speculation of course... and a willingness to believe that Squieidox would rather rollback characters than outright ban them for some offenses. (That's CRAZY, I know)
 Carbuncle.Cianti
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-27 18:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SE care about us as a group of consumers not as individuals.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-27 18:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you know whats funny, when you call any 24-hour customer service line and they reroute the call to India, then you get Ali Habib Muhammed Jihad with a really Indie-Texan accent going :"This is Joe, how may I assist you today?"
 Hades.Leey
Server: Hades
user: Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-28 04:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

page 4? meh, guess the story changed slightly (altho the customer service still sucks), "friend" actaully lied about being hacked for a free way off hades (the moving him to fairy 2007 is true) and orginally i wasnt going to post this but pretty sick of him acting without thinking and keeping my mouth shut about it so here goes.

While lieing about this and knowing full well his intentions was going back to odin he failed to return my Merc Kris, Juggernaut, and Woodville axe when i had asked a day prio to all this for them back and him saying "1 more day im finishing skilling up" funny he decides to do this the day after so yes he tried to steal my items and ended up *** himself, me, and anyone he called a friend over, now is trying to sell the account and all his gear so in this case justice was kind of served.
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-28 05:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

oh lawd.. >.>
 Garuda.Athila
Server: Garuda
user: Akilles
By Garuda.Athila 2009-07-28 07:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

man that was an epic thread lmao, twist at the end was wellllllll worth it lol. should make this whole section into a mini novel lol, it would sell!
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-28 08:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Karma does exist clearly but yea it was a story for the win i guess, only shitty part is i lost 5.7 mil for the story to be worthy -.- kind of stings when your saving for a kraken club ><, o well true colors always get shown and i know he reads this thread so will be interesting should be respond, ill prolly get spammed phone calls / skype's calling me out by him but hey dont act like a *** if you dont wish to be called out on it.
 Garuda.Athila
By Garuda.Athila 2009-07-28 08:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yea...sorry on you're loss though. that's very unfortunate. maybe you'll get 10x lucky from that?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 08:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wasnt this thread about shitty customer service?

*** trolls trying to derail this with their own personal butthurt.
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2009-07-28 08:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately ive had alot of friends that have been hacked too and they had the same issue. lost gear, job, mission, merits... i dont understand why they cant just go a few months it has to be such a far back time. if that happened to me i would be so mad becuase i have just about all missions done, and in 2007 i was like a lvl 30 whm ^^
 Garuda.Athila
By Garuda.Athila 2009-07-28 08:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

going to attempt to derail even further, i apologize. but...where the hell did the term butthurt come from, that ***is hilarious and one of the best putdowns lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 09:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

this is from the Urban Dictionary...

Butthurt -
Getting your feelings hurt, being offended or getting all bent out of shape because of something petty or stupid.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-28 09:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

*Succumbs to Kyri's cuteness technique.*

lol....
So, he lies about it...
You get all sympathetic and post here...
You find out he's a liar and SE did exactly what he wanted...
And you still think their customer service sucks...

Nice!
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-07-28 09:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leey said:
now is trying to sell the account and all his gear

This is actually what I assume to be the reality in every single whine/complain/rant/drama thread lacking screenshots to disprove my assumption, and sometimes even when there are said screenshots.

This is particularly the case when the OP tries to dictate the terms of the discussion at the outset (e.g. "Don't troll me, but here's my *** story!")
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 09:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

the Devil's outside, waiting for your soul. Hopefully you followed my advice and left sand on your doorstep.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-28 10:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the smoke shop in the next town over has salt circles....you never know when people might actually take that seriously :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-28 10:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember going down to GA to visit my relatives. Damn Devilman was there playin on his banjo while reaping corrupt souls. I whooped his *** and got his golden fiddle as a trophy.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-28 10:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdluD5JxSI

This = SE customer Service, in fact ppl write songs about them lol.

sorry i have no idea how to put a vid here so if someone feel like fix tyty
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-28 10:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:
Leey said:

This is actually what I assume to be the reality in every single whine/complain/rant/drama thread lacking screenshots to disprove my assumption, and sometimes even when there are said screenshots.

This is particularly the case when the OP tries to dictate the terms of the discussion at the outset (e.g. "Don't troll me, but here's my *** story!")

this information come from him when he broke down crying knowing he had lost all his gear and such and trying to salvage a friendship and blame his other friend for "demanding" he come back to odin,

"wasnt this thread about shitty customer service?

*** trolls trying to derail this with their own personal butthurt."

i made this thread and like my other threads you seem to love to try to make something out of nothing, im not butthurt, slightly bothered i lost 5.7 mil but more bothered a so called "friend" did it, will i find it hard to sleep at night? no, but like i said i play this game to have fun i make these forum topics for discussion and hopefully the chance to help ppl and learn more about SE *** ups not fight with a troll who cant seem to read and acts like a 8 year old.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-28 10:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Except, SE didn't screw up. :P
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-07-28 11:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leey said:
Mogue said:
Leey said:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR NOTICE MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

no.
 Garuda.Athila
By Garuda.Athila 2009-07-28 11:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol people just keep on adding to the loldrama flames
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-29 10:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

not even page 5 epic fail
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-29 10:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it SE doesn't care about the playerbase because SE doesn't care for POL.

My theory is POL was an experiment by SE gain some dominance in the online community. POL has a lot of uses that we overlook since we only bother w/ POL to get on FFXI. POL Had email addresses, chatrooms, and more than likely was going to be used for 3rd party software companies. (If I recall correctly EQ2 in Japan used POL).

However instead of blooming into the community/money maker SE wanted it pretty much rolled over and died. And instead of just pulling the plug on the experiment SE decided to leave POL as it is and never look back on it. And because of this the service has been total ***thanks to who ever is in charge of POL.

That's the way I view it since SE hasn't made anything else in the past 7 years to run on POL and said XIV will be standalone and not require POL to play.
 Hades.Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-07-31 02:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

valid point
 Odin.Xenien
Server: Odin
user: Xenien1
By Odin.Xenien 2009-08-07 13:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mehe didnt even know this stuff was posted. Just happen to come across it. I'm the guy who got hacked. Oh and i took leey stuff with me to the grave. Awww that's to bad ; ;.Life goes on playing WoW till FF14 good luck to ya Leey and whoever else.
[+]
 Odin.Xenien
By Odin.Xenien 2009-08-07 13:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I love shinny things!
 Odin.Xenien
By Odin.Xenien 2009-08-07 13:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and leey if ya wanted a kraken club all ya had to do was ask. I keep it in my pants.
 Odin.Xenien
By Odin.Xenien 2009-08-07 13:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on for Page 5 alrdy im bored.