Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-23 13:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you could also use light light earth with a more health oriented equipment, since the regen is based on maximum health and majority of your damage taken in the pull is physical, you can cap physical and get a larger health pool to work with
[+]
 Asura.Fabiano
Server: Asura
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2018-10-23 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
you could also use light light earth with a more health oriented equipment, since the regen is based on maximum health and majority of your damage taken in the pull is physical, you can cap physical and get a larger health pool to work with

That sounds solid, I'll try that out next run.

Also when it comes to clearing a fetter and actually killing all the surrounding voltes, what we usually do is have the PUP deploy onto one of the Su5 Voltes (the stronger ones). This will link a pack of 4 voltes onto the Automaton, then our main tank will pull mobs individually and pull them to the group.

This is particularly useful for certain fetters where the 8 voltes are too close together and usually pulling 1 ends up pulling all 8. The automaton can tank 8 volte mobs without any issue, it's only when the disjoined joins in which is worth worrying about.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-23 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Halphas has a single target hate reset.

I find it good to have 2x tanks for Halphas. 1st time I tanked him solo it was pretty messy (then again that was first week of divergence).

I could regain hate pretty quickly, but we were still running back and forth in front of the northern sandy zone line.

Goblin is a very easy pup tanking

Yagudo doom can be a problem, but not a frequent one.

Quadav is not particularly problematic for pup tank either.

@Fabiano

I think a video of wave 3 pulling would be great.

I traded off to help heal on sch with my group, and I haven't been doing the pulling. its been a bit problematic and I'm not sure why. I'd love to have a good example to examine.
By eadge 2018-10-23 17:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a issue notsure what to do with val head and body my little friend wont mele he just runs around the target at ranged distace follows it around. only will he attack it if the mob changes direction and runs into him.. i have tryed every combination of head body he always want to stay ranged distance with rng set-up he atleast shoots. he use to work properly lol
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-23 17:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

animator p II
By eadge 2018-10-23 17:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks i didnt even notice the wrong animator was equiping ..
my bad
By clearlyamule 2018-10-23 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also beware swapping between ranged and non ranged animators with your auto out especially if you already engaged it. Can do some mighty messed up stuff and SE literally refuses to fix it (like instead of fixing it they told people in the thread to stop talking about it and delete the videos they made on it lol)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-10-23 22:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fabiano said: »
detailed and helpful wave 3 stuff

Awesome, that explains things really well. Thanks for the excellent post!

Quote:
EDIT: and to answer your bonus question, for most of the Wave2 bosses I simply run a standard tanking automaton who has both Disruptor and Regulator, cycle Fire/Light/Dark, and just stand far away. Many of the bosses have really strong self-buffs (the Yagudo in particular), and one of the most useful things I found I could do outside of tanking was to dispel/absorb these buffs immediately. Plus if ever things get messy there is always the Automaton to fall back onto.

That's a nice tip too on the dispel/absorb that I hadn't considered, and I definitely have some flexibility for those last few non-vital attachment choices. Every little bit of alliance support helps!
By chads 2018-10-30 17:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Big PUP news,

Elvaan male wears Xiucoatl backwards

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [782 days between previous and next post]
By gregchiro2013 2020-12-20 18:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes for sure automation gets doomed - I use 4 pups, Geo, Blm...and man doom made it super ugly....so leave those nms alone who do doom, rest of the nms easy. V/V tank will close darkness with LS spam from cor, then blm 40-60k MB nukes with Geo buffs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [236 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2021-08-14 05:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Loving Crepuscular earring for hybrid tp (for all your accuracy needs, with Store TP for funzies), and the new mnk/Sam/pup/nin set from Odyssey kicks several flavors of booty, even if you only get the feet for the puppet lvl+1.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [703 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Roughy
user: Solegna
By Asura.Roughy 2023-07-18 03:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I need some help yall. I just tried to tank OU and my pup kept running away from the NM. Not sure what I was doing wrong. This is my set and it just kept running causing some real chaos. Any help would be great help!

<frame>valoredge frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>auto-repair kit iv</slot01>
<slot02>optic fiber</slot02>
<slot03>armor plate iii</slot03>
<slot04>armor plate iv</slot04>
<slot05>strobe</slot05>
<slot06>flashbulb</slot06>
<slot07>turbo charger ii</slot07>
<slot08>stabilizer iii</slot08>
<slot09>coiler ii</slot09>
<slot10>tension spring iv</slot10>
<slot11>tension spring iii</slot11>
<slot12>heatsink</slot12>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-18 03:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Which animator were you using? If it's one with "II" in the name that will cause your auto to try to maintain range
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-07-18 03:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Roughy said: »
So I need some help yall. I just tried to tank OU and my pup kept running away from the NM. Not sure what I was doing wrong. This is my set and it just kept running causing some real chaos. Any help would be great help!

<frame>valoredge frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>auto-repair kit iv</slot01>
<slot02>optic fiber</slot02>
<slot03>armor plate iii</slot03>
<slot04>armor plate iv</slot04>
<slot05>strobe</slot05>
<slot06>flashbulb</slot06>
<slot07>turbo charger ii</slot07>
<slot08>stabilizer iii</slot08>
<slot09>coiler ii</slot09>
<slot10>tension spring iv</slot10>
<slot11>tension spring iii</slot11>
<slot12>heatsink</slot12>

Which animator were you using? It sounds like this behavior:
Quote:
There is statistically no difference between version I and version II of an animator (ex: Animator P & Animator P II give the same stats). The only difference is the behavior which the animators have on your automaton when you deploy them in combat.

Animator Version I = Automaton will run into Melee range when deployed (head frame allowing)
Animator Version II = Automaton will keep their distance from the target when deployed.

This means that Deploying a Valoredge frame automaton with a version II animator equipped is going to lead to him standing far away doing nothing but his range active abilities. Typically, version II animators have very limited, and honestly not really needed uses and are not essential. Even for Mage or Sharpshot frames, you can simply rely on the behavior applied by the Head to deploy your Automaton from a safe distance, without needing to rely on the Animator version. This also explains why version I animators are 10 times more expensive on the Auction House! Don’t fall into the trap of getting version II animator for cheap, thinking it’ll do the job, and more importantly, don’t get ripped off (I’ve seen it happen all the time)! Focus on getting version I animators whenever possible.
String Theory
[+]
 Asura.Roughy
user: Solegna
By Asura.Roughy 2023-07-18 10:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

the P II
[+]
By Seun 2023-07-18 12:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This plays out in my head as both terrifying and hilarious. I respect that you dove in at the deep end of PUP tanking though. Hopefully you were able to clean it up.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-18 16:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How far can a PUP solo go with odyssey NMs?

Im thinking having some reliable job to bring my side mules for some awesome gear, wondering how many of those, or the highest you could beat those odyssey NM overdriving and such.

Thanks in advance
By benjaman 2023-07-20 15:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've beaten most of the v0s as solo pup, but some require multiple attempts or just good luck.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70