Any Advice For Apamajas II Trials?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Any advice for apamajas II trials?
Any advice for apamajas II trials?
First Page 2
By Boscage 2013-12-11 16:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on trial 1684 right now and am planning on going to aby misareaux for killing the colibri. My brother told me to bring a drk/sch or the other way around to use manifestation and one of the absorb spells that are thunder based. But I'm not sure which one that is. And any advice for where to go for the lizard and hecteyes trials? Thank you!
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2013-12-11 16:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can hire a friend / have a BLU friend that is aware on how to cleave, cleaving is super easy and fast. However, you need to make sure you have the spell "Evervation" and you're using it before you're killing the mobs. Otherwise you wont get credit
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-11 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All Absorb spells are Dark elemental. You'd want to use Ionohelix.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-12-11 16:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was planning on doing my lizard trial in misareaux and hecteyes in abys-tahrongi canyon, but I hear this staff is less useful now due to the lack of magic acc. You could still use this staff for some events, but higher tier stuff you'll probably have to stick with a magic skill+ staff(Atinian staff is cheap & should do the trick). I could be wrong though, I just came back to the game.
By Spiraboo 2013-12-11 16:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorb-MND works, even though it's a dark elemental spell it seems like the debuff is thunder based. you want sch/drk manifestation absorb mnd, but i personally went back to /blm when i reach the hecteyes, they cast too much to gather together enough for that, and abosrob mnd has a higher recast than shock which can slow you down- also having D2 is handy :P

The staff is still very useful and you would not have macc problems stunning current delve bosses with it provided you capped dark magic skills and have good macc elsewhere~

I did lizards in aby-misareaux and hecteyes in aby-tahrongi
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-12-11 16:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH/BLM or BLM/SCH.

Use Shock, then Blizzard 4 (or 3 + 2) to kill anything.

On hexeyes, don't touch the NM in Abyssea...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2013-12-11 16:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorb mnd is the one you want as sch/drk

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Boscage 2013-12-11 16:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it wasn't a absorb spell then. Does drk have anything that I can use with manifestation or anything to put a shock effect on the mobs like I did with the worm trial. That took forever. But the blu idea sounds awesome. I might get one of my blu friends to come out and a war to cleave. But any ideas of where to go for the lizards and hecteyes?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-11 16:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
All Absorb spells are Dark elemental. You'd want to use Ionohelix.
The skill a spell uses to be cast does not always tell you the elemental affinity of the spell.
I'm aware. I guess the resource I was looking at has it miscategorized. Apologies.
By Boscage 2013-12-11 16:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So you all are telling me that you can't do it as drk/sch? Why does it have to be sch/drk. I don't understand that. (Don't know much about drk in general btw)
 Quetzalcoatl.Warusha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Serithus
By Quetzalcoatl.Warusha 2013-12-11 16:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk can't equip the staff. I would recommend you skip doing apamajas II altogether.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-11 16:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I did all trials for apajamas ii dual boxing.
Your brother is totally right. Absorb mnd gives the status you need. Though, instead being drk/sch i was sch/drk so i could do trial for 2 chars at same time. Lizards i did in aby misareaux, hecteyes at aby attohwa. Douing shouldnt take more than 1,5 top each trial.
By Boscage 2013-12-11 16:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No no. I mean, I am going out on sch. But I was planning on having my friend come out on drk to do the shock effect on all the mobs and my other friend will cleave them. I am havin the staff equipped either on my sch or BLM. But the problem is that drk is one of the 2 jobs I don't have even unlocked because I never was interested in it. So I would have to unlock it and level it to 49. My friend volunteered to help me out instead. So couldn't I come out on sch or BLM wih the staff equip and having my friend come out on drk/sch to do the manifestation then Absorb mnd?
By Pantafernando 2013-12-11 16:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Boscage said: »
No no. I mean, I am going out on sch. But I was planning on having my friend come out on drk to do the shock effect on all the mobs and my other friend will cleave them. I am havin the staff equipped either on my sch or BLM. But the problem is that drk is one of the 2 jobs I don't have even unlocked because I never was interested in it. So I would have to unlock it and level it to 49. My friend volunteered to help me out instead. So couldn't I come out on sch or BLM wih the staff equip and having my friend come out on drk/sch to do the manifestation then Absorb mnd?

Yes, you can.
By Boscage 2013-12-11 16:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright awesome. Thank you all!
By Spiraboo 2013-12-11 16:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Boscage said: »
So you all are telling me that you can't do it as drk/sch? Why does it have to be sch/drk. I don't understand that. (Don't know much about drk in general btw)

1. absorb mnd has long recast, if you can pop parismony you can speed things up (assuming you have good supply of mobs) manifestation also triples your cast time in stead of double if it's /sch ~

2. you get more strats (5 on sch, 2 /sch) and they recover faster (45s on 99 sch, 2mins on 49sch) so you might end up waiting on strat if you go drk/sch

3. if you want to do staff trial on that guy (as other has mentioned), you cant' wear the staff
By Boscage 2013-12-11 18:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, I said that I will be going either on SCH or BLM. not drk, my friend grave is going drk. I don't even have it unlocked. But thank you for the tips. I'm still going to try it with drk/sch and if it doesn't go so well like you have send then ill just do the blu method with my other friend. But thank you
By Boscage 2013-12-11 19:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

@ spoiled
There is no spell called evervation. You mean enervation?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-12-11 20:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just completed this staff, sch/dark and blm dual box. Manifestation absorb mnd then thundaja all the things did it all in 3 Days. Good luck!

Edit; I pulled like 20-30 mobs at a time so my recast speed didn't really matter.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-11 21:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

14% in it's own term is not that amazing, if you're using thunderstorm/shoes it often won't even remove a second from recast

have not taken this out of storage since ilevel buff put atinian 145 m.acc ahead.. even if you're 100% positive you won't need the m.acc(and you aren't on delve bosses, seriously), it's a pretty shitty use of an inventory slot
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-11 21:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would still be good for RDM GEO and BLM for stunning if you have enough MACC.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-11 21:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

true, but i really doubt the people doing this atm are doing it to be a completionist mage so much as for their generic stun schs
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-12-11 22:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm better off using Antinian?._.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-11 22:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're absolutely positive you're m.acc capped, you gain recast and lose nothing from using Apamajas. In the case of SCH, though, you cut recast by less than 1 second under alacrity, so the benefits are pretty tiny. A strong case can be made for inventory space and ensuring your m.acc is capped.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-11 23:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Apamajas II is great for allowing the ability to solo stun delve without alacrity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Warusha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Serithus
By Quetzalcoatl.Warusha 2013-12-12 00:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't drop below 8 seconds no alacrity regardless of staves. Atinian is just better, not to mention adloquium is like a second refresh now.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-12 00:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's better for my gimp sch to solo stun delve. :(
By Antisense 2013-12-12 03:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In case this attempt at clarifying elemental alignment of Absorb spells helps anyone...

The Absorb spells are darkness element for resistance checks (whether the spells actually land, which they won't on a dark elemental, for example).

They are classified as dark magic (so they can be used with Manifestation, unlike Ionohelix or Shock, both of which are elemental magic). All magic classified as dark magic is darkness element with the exception of Stun.

The MND down effect of Absorb-MND is thunder-based (so you can get credit for Magian trials).
First Page 2