Any Advice For Apamajas II Trials?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Any advice for apamajas II trials?
Any advice for apamajas II trials?
By Spiraboo 2013-12-12 05:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't be certain since I haven't done the maths, but from eye balling, granted languor and focus is up - I have no problem stunning until I hit the stun resist wall with Apa II with no resists, and I assume the resist wall to be when both me and my sch partner both continuously getting resists on the boss (and at that point, trying to swap in atinian to stun didn't help). Granted I do have access to things like bee hat and shark ring which a starting sch wouldn't have.

So I op for apa II. One thing that I think it really helps is when your brd/geo losts focus and you've lost your haste or marches (which happens too much to my liking in a PUG situation), popping alacrity and have apa II on will help save your recast time to be ready for the next stun duty. Maybe it doesn't matter if you have a better recast set than me, i dunno.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-12 06:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For megaboss, due to its high casting/reading time, there isnt that much harder to solo stun while all your stratagems are up, if they wear, plus 3,5 mins with tabula and more 5 strats. Duoing stuns, with apajamas and just haste seems enough to rotate even without alacrity. Normally i can easily stun without alacrity if have 2 sch if hasted. With slow, that sometimes land, it isnt possible.
Apajamas ii with a good gear is enough to stun for like 8 mins, when stuns start to not land, just using indi focus. At that point, if i reach there (most likely wont be a win though), swap for a macc staff for more 2 or 3 stuns then again resist.
It was some time before i did a run without a brd in mages party, but i think i didnt have problems even without alacrity if schs are proper hasted and have good gear. So maybe apajamas ii with proper gear can alow you to not need a brd and an extra geo, and those 2 normally are the most troublesome jobs to get in a pug.
Personally i think having apajamas is more a gear to show your respect to the job, an testemony that you know what you, as a stun sch, know what is important to you do well your work. And stat wise, its recast and magic accuracy. Of course stun sch need more, need first courage to take a so exposed and important job and take all the blame for fails, second must have experience, because most moves aside mega boss one, are just possible to stun if you "feel" a tp move will be used, and that just happen when you time your nm move inconsciently, and thats possible because all nms have regular interval between readings.
Battlemod helps a lot in that. That way you avoid the need of having a clear view of nm, and sometimes thats hard because there is always a mage that put his *** in your face, and id youre a tarutaru, you simply dont see a thing.
Well, i dont complain if its a mithra in geos little pants, though.
By Spiraboo 2013-12-12 06:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
need first courage to take a so exposed and important job and take all the blame for fails,
soooo true.

Quote:
sometimes thats hard because there is always a mage that put his *** in your face, and id youre a tarutaru, you simply dont see a thing.
Or the drg's pet making a TP move - and everytime you change your angle of view it somehow manages to move to line up with the nm, or a brd sleeping an add in your face, or the pld who decide to super tanks adds in your face..........
By Pantafernando 2013-12-12 07:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
Quote:
need first courage to take a so exposed and important job and take all the blame for fails,
soooo true.

And funny thing normally it isnt just a schs fault.
Of course takes a lot of time till you can get a decent level, players wise. I myself owned by tojil like 2 months till i could learn all the stuffs that can make me a more reliable stunner, but today, after so much time losing and some wins, i can say sometimes, the fault isnt just for sch to take. Dds/whm/brds/cor/geos have important parcel if a sch miss a stun.
First brd/cors if they dont refresh whm, or proper buff dds. Then whm that let dds to die by normal moves. Finally geos that forgot to cast indi focus, or just forget sch must be in range to actually get the buff....
If a sch hit the stun wall, that just because dmg is slow. Thats because or dds are bad (bad gear/experience/just die) or buffs arent ok (buffers die, dont have proper gear, etc).
Ive been in countless tojil runs, never won even once if mnks lose formless strike before 75%. But i won already when dds ate lahar at some point, and thats because dds were good enough to make up for a mistake. Ive seen even a party to ate lahar at start, the most crucial moment in atojil fight, were the speed is reduced due to weakness in a moment where you need speed the most, and still have a win.
Well all of this just to say things are correlated. Win or lose is a party factor. Stun sch is very important, but just him wont make a run successfull. And sometimes they take a blame that isnt just theirs, most because normally a bad dd can hide between good dds and leech a win, while schs dont have anywhere to hide - but we dont need anyway.
Being stun sch is a job for few, and i will always be proud playing as one, even the countless times i lose because my own mistakes, all of them are just a step to make you better.
When everything works as they should, a mega boss fight is match against sch x nms. And just this little moment makes worth all the way you walked to reach there.
By Boscage 2013-12-12 16:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, so my friend on drk/sch and me on sch/rdm work out great for the colibri. Didn't take too long and by the time he gathered all the mobs together the recast timer was up and he fell cleaved them on drk. (I know that's strange). But it work well. So I decided to try the blu method of gathering about 15-20 lizards for my next trial then using enervation and cleaving. Enervation worked but only got credit for about 3-4 per group of about 20. When the drk used absorb mnd with manifestation I got credit for all the mobs and it was about the same amount on the pulls. Any explanations? Enervation landed on all or most of the lizards though so I'm clueless unless it wears within seconds.?
By Antisense 2013-12-12 21:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Enervation duration is 30 seconds max. The defense down and magic defense down effect may have a low proc rate as well.

BTW area-of-effect spells or weapon skills affect up to 15 mobs max (per use) so you won't get credit for more than 15 mobs at a time.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-12 21:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using Enervation you need to kill them fast. Charged Whisker!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-12-14 22:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »
BTW area-of-effect spells or weapon skills affect up to 15 mobs max (per use) so you won't get credit for more than 15 mobs at a time.

this may not be accurate. When I was doing mine, I would Aoe->Absorb-MND, and have a blu CW, and i got credit for 20-25.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Antisense 2013-12-15 12:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Antisense said: »

this may not be accurate. When I was doing mine, I would Aoe->Absorb-MND, and have a blu CW, and i got credit for 20-25.

I can't replicate this anymore (chat log lists 15 mobs but > 15 are affected). When doing AoE kills on Uleg raptors (22 spawns) or Misareaux colibri (22 spawns) I never got credit for more than 15 mobs in the past.