Nin update..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Mizuo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2009-07-21 16:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin is seriously useless! we wuz lieks fighting some of them flying thingymabirddragonsalamander things in glacier and xarc shadowreign n liek mah nin buddeh was liek "hay dude check this out yo *uses yonin*" and then we wuz like oooh hot ***kept hate off mah pld fo liek teh night yo
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-21 16:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord trying to read that hurt my brain =/
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-21 16:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm telling you, I don't think the 100% is a glitch...
Less acc for more Ninjutsu spamming for hate. Makes perfect sense to me.
[+]
 Asura.Deodate
Server: Asura
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2009-07-21 16:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if he liked it or hated it, and I don't have the desire to decypher his faux english...

I'm sure there's going to be some effective uses of Yonin, though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 17:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the acc- is a lot, but idc lol, free ninjutsu, and eva+ is fine
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-21 17:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it goes in line with the skill-ups for mid levels too.
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-21 17:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin:
Low-manning things with Sushi.
Tanking HNMs, preferably /DRK.
Monomi/Tonko.
UO maybe.

Innin:
Every other melee occurrence. :D
UO maybe.

For Ninjutsu damage, you'd probably be best using both Yonin and Innin during UO. Yonin right when you enter so you can use it for the small guys, then have one NIN use Yonin and one (Preferably the more wealthy) use Innin for the big guy.

Also. FFFF STOP SHOWING MY JOB COMBINATION, FFXIAH. D: I just.. haven't gotten around to caring about 37 DNC. D:
 Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2009-07-21 17:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yonin is terrific.. why is there reason to hate it? if you dont like it because of the acc- then use acc+ food. dont see why something so simple can be made into something like a bajillion times harder
[+]
 Leviathan.Rander
user: Rander
By Leviathan.Rander 2009-07-21 18:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When i make a sandwich i like to cut off the crust of the bread before spreading the peanut butter. I then apply the peanut butter in long swift strokes from east to west. On the opposite slice of bread from the peanut butter i place 1.3146 ounces of jam. I then place the two slices of bread together applying slight pressure as to mash the ingrediants into a nice mixture. I then take a six inch carving knife and cut my sandwich diagonally.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2009-07-21 18:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Not put peanut butter on that. No! Peanut Butter outside, chocolate inside...butter on the inside, cheese on the outside.
[+]
 Kujata.Nanyo
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-07-21 18:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been happy with Yonin

As long as I had Sushi I could hit just fine, (Was farming Diorites in Sky though @.@) If I adjusted my Gear alittle to Accomidate for alittle more Acc I'm sure I'd be about normal.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-21 19:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mizuo said:
yonin is terrific.. why is there reason to hate it? if you dont like it because of the acc- then use acc+ food. dont see why something so simple can be made into something like a bajillion times harder

I dont like it b/c the amount of enmity+ doesnt make up for the acc loss. I honestly have a better time keeping hate without it.
 Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2009-07-21 19:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

so.. i can safely assume that you are too cheap to buy sushi? :D
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 19:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Mizuo said:

I dont like it b/c the amount of enmity+ doesnt make up for the acc loss. I honestly have a better time keeping hate without it.

What I was GOING to say was this: Then your gear obviously sucks, because everyone else has said that they've been able to make up for the -acc easily, making the enmity boost help them hold hate quite a lot.

But then I checked your character and you have +30 acc, you eating sushi too? If not then you definitely should be, and if you're still having too many acc issues with Yonin then I don't know what else to suggest. However, you should also be spamming ninjutsu debuffs and the elemental wheel. The Ni wheel is an awesome way of keeping hate even without Yonin, so it can only be a lot (40% fading down to 10%) better with it.
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-21 19:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i do eat sushi but i figured out the problem. ..its the colibri. Started tanking Imps and flies and everything was ok as far as keeping hate.
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-21 20:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some testing on the Ninjutsu damage boost with Innin.

It looks like the damage is about 28%~10% and calculated at the same step as elemental staves.
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-21 21:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyrese said:
You are hurting the English language. I've seen *** Chinese RMTs spell better than you.

It's called a troll, man.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-07-21 21:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that it simply requires a few tweaks to gear.. If you skew your hate over to Ninjutsu, you won't need the acc as heavily, and haste/fast cast, enmity and eva will be more useful. Tanking in an exp party might even be feasible with a Wind Staff, I think, if you've the haste/fast cast to constantly wheel, then you won't need to worry about using katanas.

Similarly, if you end up relying that heavily on Ninjutsu to cement hate, it might become prudent to focus on Ninjutsu: Magic Attack Bonus, Int, etc.. As I understand it, there is a base VE associated with Ninjutsu, and the elemental wheel also has CE and VE associated with the damage they deal. In essence, this similarly leads one to believe that to appropriately keep hate with the ele wheel, one would have to focus on it a little, just as with melee. Admittedly, I haven't tested any of this, yet, to see if there are concrete gains, but one would logically assume that if you rely on the wheel and cut out the majority of your melee, you'd be best off augmenting your wheel, especially if Yonin is reducing your melee.

I know previous parses have shown that NIN's become fairly reliant on melee damage around the 50's onward, especially with bris parties, but with free tools, if this is as intended, there might still be some benefit here. I'd always come to understand that wheeling was often believed to be 'not worth it' with regards to tools rather than detrimental.

As for its effects on tools and the long run.. Everyone who subs NIN (Pretty much every job in some situation) will still need Utsu, at least, and a situation where NIN finds himself preferring Innin (and with as nice as it seems to be when it's applicable, I hope people find situations for it) he can still wheel for damage.

All in all, I dare to hope SE gave NINs the kind of <3 we've been waiting for.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-21 21:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyrese said:
Mizuo said:
Yonin is seriously useless! we wuz lieks fighting some of them flying thingymabirddragonsalamander things in glacier and xarc shadowreign n liek mah nin buddeh was liek "hay dude check this out yo *uses yonin*" and then we wuz like oooh hot ***kept hate off mah pld fo liek teh night yo

You are hurting the English language. I've seen *** Chinese RMTs spell better than you.

User submitted image
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-21 22:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rylis said:
I'd always come to understand that wheeling was often believed to be 'not worth it' with regards to tools rather than detrimental.

You're 100% right on that. It's the same thing with Shurikens. IF you manage to track down a few stacks of Koga Shuriken, with AF+1 hands and relic body, with Sange, you'll be able to pump out damage faster than anyone except maybe a MNK/DRK with Faith Baghnakhs or DRK zerg.

That being said, Koga Shuriken are so rare that singles cost around 10k, so good luck getting a stack or two of 99.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 22:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Rylis said:
I'd always come to understand that wheeling was often believed to be 'not worth it' with regards to tools rather than detrimental.

You're 100% right on that. It's the same thing with Shurikens. IF you manage to track down a few stacks of Koga Shuriken, with AF+1 hands and relic body, with Sange, you'll be able to pump out damage faster than anyone except maybe a MNK/DRK with Faith Baghnakhs or DRK zerg.

That being said, Koga Shuriken are so rare that singles cost around 10k, so good luck getting a stack or two of 99.

i believe they only stack 12
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-21 22:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Stackable: 99
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 22:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

word? i swore they only went up 12
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-21 22:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're thinking of a different kind of Shuriken.

Edit: Yeah, Fuma Shuriken stack to 12.

Edit2: That's not the point! Lol. Koga have 27.5 DPS, which is over twice as much as any relic weapon. And ranged attack delay is twice as fast by default, so really double that.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-21 22:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin is the sexy'est thing ever

I will never buy Shihei

never buy snk/invis tools

SPAM E wheel

NINJA is FTW now

gimp this and I will ???? be pissed

I dont notice the acc- loss on Yonin >.> but I do use Koga chainmail hehe

This stuff is making me enjoy NIN almost as much as SAM
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 22:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Yonin is the sexy'est thing ever

I will never buy Shihei

never buy snk/invis tools

SPAM E wheel

NINJA is FTW now

gimp this and I will ???? be pissed

I dont notice the acc- loss on Yonin >.> but I do use Koga chainmail hehe

This stuff is making me enjoy NIN almost as much as SAM

i use koga chainmail too, and i notice it\, it seems to be pretty big -, im thinkin -30 or -20
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 22:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin

Increases enmity and enhances "Ninja Tool Expertise" effect, but impairs accuracy. Improves evasion and reduced enemy's Critical Hit Rate when in front of target.

* Obtained: Ninja Level 40
* Recast Time: 5:00
* Duration: 5:00
o Shares timer with Innin, so only one can be used every five minutes.

edit Notes/Description

* Ninja Tool Expertise activates 100% of the time.
* Enmity increase is approximately +30, fading to +10 after 5 minutes.
* Accuracy penalty is approximately -30, fading to -5 after 5 minutes.
* Wears off when you zone.
* This effect can be dispelled.

K so it is -30, and thats wiki
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-21 22:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

well in the end

this is making playing NIN a little more fun/ lowers the cost and makes use of something we use 2 think was nothing more then wasted space/gil

like going to camps and wasting 4 stacks of shihei was getting somewhat costly but now!

its hella fun AND I can spam ninjutsu

so yeah

gogo nin update
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 22:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
well in the end

this is making playing NIN a little more fun/ lowers the cost and makes use of something we use 2 think was nothing more then wasted space/gil

like going to camps and wasting 4 stacks of shihei was getting somewhat costly but now!

its hella fun AND I can spam ninjutsu

so yeah

gogo nin update

QFT
 Remora.Jobe
user: jobe
By Remora.Jobe 2009-07-21 22:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure why everyone is saying yonin sucks, i used it for a couple hours in campaign with my DD build on nin. i did not notice a significant decrease in accuracy with yonin up, but i noticed an AWESOME increase in evasion and enmity. rate me down, but i like this job ability so far. will play with it more tonight and maybe i will change my mind, but so far i think it is win.
[+]