Nin update..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-21 03:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so far its been 100%...maybe they made it that way to encourage more nin tanking? And it wouldnt mess up merits b/c then theres still the Innin...u need spells with it too which isnt ninja tool expertise so u would need the trait from merits.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 03:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like UO became alot more fun and easier :3
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 03:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea im all sorts of tired lol, so it is 100%? cuz thats pretty sexy
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 03:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if only this applied to the use of Shirukens too ; ;
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-21 03:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Now if only this applied to the use of Shirukens too ; ;

i would*** my pants, lvl throwing, and get a few Koga SHurikens
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-07-21 03:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole shuriken thing has been the only reason between me and liking nin... I WANT To THROW Dx
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 03:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

YONIN ACTIVATE!

User submitted image
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-07-21 03:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like stan and kyle have same face lol
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-21 03:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ok...this enmity increase is FAR from 23..its like..2....seriously. Yonin active enmity +7 from gear...spamming ele enfeebles and vokes..and a war STILL pulls hate from a single hit? I think something is wrong x.x
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-07-21 03:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its only fully shines in lowman situations. In exp parties it should help you keep hate, but maybe not noticable.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 04:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I think it would work best in more delicate situations with less fireworks going off all at once. Hard to get significant impact of one JA out of the mess of a full fledged TP burn party going on.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-21 04:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

havnt been able to keep hate with it yet..
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2009-07-21 04:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Yea im all sorts of tired lol, so it is 100%? cuz thats pretty sexy

definitely 100%.. been testing it myself all night
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-21 04:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't expect it to be godly. Even Plds have trouble in TP burn parties, especially Colibri.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-21 05:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/78660-innin-yonin-enmity-values.html

"Yonin starts at +30 and eventually wears at +10 after 5 minutes"

"Innin around -20 at start. Currently not enough good data to suggest an amount near the end."
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-21 05:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely 100%, yeah. Cast Utsusemi 45 times and it cost me 0 shehei!

I'm guessing that's not how they intended it to work...
 Alexander.Syxx
Server: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-07-21 06:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

since everyone thinks they work in SE and knows how to calculate Emnity.. someone let me know exactly how much emnity is from yonin and how much is from provoke..
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-21 06:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just in a party in Crawler's Nest with a PLD tank, everything seemed alright. PLD DC'd and we found a NIN. My first thought was, "This should be interesting." The first mob we pulled, hate was everywhere. I asked her if she could use Yonin. Nothing. A couple mobs after, I asked her once again if she could use it. Her reply :

"ACC-(No thanks.)"

I understand how this could be a set back but, with everything that Yonin has on it, you really don't need your physical accuracy to help you keep hate and create enmity. Sure, this can cause problems if you're trying to skill up but, with the newly added boost in Skill Ups for lower and mid levels, this shouldn't be TOO much of a problem, right? I'm a COR, so Hunter's Roll was helping her, too. She finally uses Yonin and already, we found a drastic change in party flow. The BLU was free to self-skillchain when he wanted, and the NIN was still holding hate.

As much as you're sacrificing, NINs, I have to say, Yonin is an extremely useful Job Ability, and I think you all should make full use of it. I'm sure the -Acc can be rather annoying, but there's so much out there to make up for it. (ie : Sushi, Blade/Sword Madrigal, Hunter's Roll, etc.)
 Seraph.Saxonn
Server: Seraph
user: Saxon
By Seraph.Saxonn 2009-07-21 07:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
havnt been able to keep hate with it yet..

A bad workman blames his tools...
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-21 07:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Syxx said:

since everyone thinks they work in SE and knows how to calculate Emnity.. someone let me know exactly how much emnity is from yonin and how much is from provoke..

No one here works for SE, a few very clever people spent months testing the hate system.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8

Enmity Table, showing all JAs and spells hate

And to answer you question provoke produces 1 CE and 1800 VE before and additiona enmity effect (gear or merits)

(You will need to read the links above to understand the difference between CE and VE)
[+]
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-07-21 08:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent about four hours last night fighting tough crabs in Boyahda(solo). I was skilling up and was using /RNG, but the -acc on Yonin, not noticeable. I used no food. Spent no tools, although casted.
 Siren.Yunalie
Server: Siren
user: Rayln
By Siren.Yunalie 2009-07-21 08:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenophire said:
I was just in a party in Crawler's Nest with a PLD tank, everything seemed alright. PLD DC'd and we found a NIN. My first thought was, "This should be interesting." The first mob we pulled, hate was everywhere. I asked her if she could use Yonin. Nothing. A couple mobs after, I asked her once again if she could use it. Her reply :

"ACC-(No thanks.)"

I understand how this could be a set back but, with everything that Yonin has on it, you really don't need your physical accuracy to help you keep hate and create enmity. Sure, this can cause problems if you're trying to skill up but, with the newly added boost in Skill Ups for lower and mid levels, this shouldn't be TOO much of a problem, right? I'm a COR, so Hunter's Roll was helping her, too. She finally uses Yonin and already, we found a drastic change in party flow. The BLU was free to self-skillchain when he wanted, and the NIN was still holding hate.

As much as you're sacrificing, NINs, I have to say, Yonin is an extremely useful Job Ability, and I think you all should make full use of it. I'm sure the -Acc can be rather annoying, but there's so much out there to make up for it. (ie : Sushi, Blade/Sword Madrigal, Hunter's Roll, etc.)

you should have told the nin to stop being so fail and learn to use the ele wheel. Yonin + ele wheel at those levels you shouldn't have trouble tanking.
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-07-21 09:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

At that level, even if you don't use the ele wheel, you should be able to negate the acc loss with gear and food.. Dorado Sushi would give you some extra enmity, and should damned-near guarantee you hit..

Was tanking last night in Aydeewa Subterrane, and I certainly lost hate here and there, but the WHM was spamming Curaga (II) more than a few times, we had a BRD which made me lose to WS from SAM and DRG now and then..

Even when they drop it back down from 100%, I think a NIN should be able to keep hate (I was doing fine with High Breath Mantle, both pieces of Gothic, and Nokizaru Hakama (+10)) on anything but Colibri. The rest of my slots I filled with acc or eva, and didn't really have much trouble with my acc, and could generally keep up Ni alone. When Kurayami and Hojo landed, I generally had Ni available while I still had 2 shadows left.

I also managed to erase 5 levels worth of Level Sync killing my Ninjutsu (180-198) in an hour-long party.. All for the cost of a tool here and there when I missed Yonin recast.
 Cerberus.Atreyu
Server: Cerberus
user: jcitnyc
By Cerberus.Atreyu 2009-07-21 09:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
ok...this enmity increase is FAR from 23..its like..2....seriously. Yonin active enmity +7 from gear...spamming ele enfeebles and vokes..and a war STILL pulls hate from a single hit? I think something is wrong x.x

It could just be you? I looked at your gears and level, and yea, it may just be you.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-21 09:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

if Yonin is 100% Ninja Tool Expertise, then there should be no excuse not to constantly use the E. wheel
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-21 09:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Innin is missing something, though: Increased Dual Wield effect. D:
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-21 09:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.... This makes me want to lvl Nin again... I loved spamming the elemental wheel in pt's. >.>
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-21 10:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

FFFFF Here comes NIN's maintenance. :<
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2009-07-21 10:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Colibri and Greater Colibri is an excuse not to use E Wheel.
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-21 10:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, Thandar, I often used the elemental wheel on colibri as a sort of pseudo-stun. They'd absorb it and cast it back at me in the time it took me to recast Ichi.

Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather a colibri be spamming the elemental wheel back at me than its normal attacks.

Also, has anyone tested the ninjutsu damage increase from Innin? That could be interesting.
[+]