user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 07:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Everyone knows the only balance is to buff SAM. /endthread
I like this guy.

I hope SE listens to you.

Now we are on the same page. Buff buff buff everything. So what if game gets easy for the elite linkshells. It's hard for me.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 08:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just make all DPS do 99,999 w/ their weaponskills so that way there is no competition.
By Darksandro 2016-09-19 09:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... to every game you'll ever play... META (most effective tatic available) will be used, things can be done anyother way, but human will always be looking for easening everything on their way since always.

Sometimes GEO + RDM is better than GEO + GEO, but common sense make GEO looks stronger. what's wrong at somepoints~

Sometimes, You'll make more damage to the mob with a Polearm, or H2H or Great Katana... people will still "guess" that BLU will be better.

Sometimes, the things are already hard with BLU's DPS... if you nerf it... get ready to nerf BLM next. saying this means improving other jobs are the real need, not "blu needs a nerf"
By eliroo 2016-09-19 09:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever played a successful game that has had the "buff only" mentality. It is literally just about applying to the feels of people.
[+]
 Asura.Umisame
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-09-19 09:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a screenshot of WoC that my friend Fidiii sent me, he says that he does more dmg with his BLU on easy/mid content but when he is full buffed for t3+ he does more dmg with his thf or dnc. Here he is playing as blu and katsurou is on thf. (just for reference, WoC used bene on this fight):

Here on Teles, both katsurou and fidiii were on thf:
 Odin.Roundelk
Server: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 10:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we discussing this again? We already know BLU isn't the strongest DD.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 10:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Roundelk said: »

We should probably buff them then.
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 10:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you are joking but BLU is perfectly fine the way it is.
By Verda 2016-09-19 10:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Context, slashing damage type is very even, almost nothing is weak or strong to it. Piercing on the whole makes out very good, with the most mob types weak to it, but also has a high number of mobs that are resistant to it (though some of those can be fixed with banish sets from a good whm). Only Roc's are really slashing resistant. This is a fight I'm nearly sure is piercing weak (12.5% or 25% or 50% I'm not sure), but it surely helps. Also more context, you start doing much less damage on WOC when it uses bracelets. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but these comparisons have a lot of uncontrolled variables which makes for bad science.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-19 10:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially when you get into over the 6-man party.

That said, would love to know the buffs/gear required to melee WoC/T4's.
By Nocki 2016-09-19 10:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

We should probably buff them then.

Listen to DD RUN god Roundy!
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 10:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Tulfaire's have Slashing resistance also.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-19 10:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as if BLU is OP or not, if I ever see another DD class farm gil the way BLU can I will say it's not OP but as is it should really not have the utility + survivability + damage output it has in one package it should pay more for those so it has to make a choice between them rather than just all of them good.

I have talked to lady and a few other high end THF about if we can solo VD avatars like BLU can, as well as high end WAR. So far, none can. That is troubling to me as BLU have been solo farming especially JP side VD levi and ifrit for quite a while now. Let's look at what makes this possible:
1) Due to self capping haste, they get two more trust slots almost every other DD has to have ulmia and a rdm.
2) Unlike nearly every other DD they can effectively tank in their best TP sets. Other jobs have to load up on DT and then lose the ability to self chain if they are tanking something as dangerous as VD levi.
3) CDC is one of the best crit ws there is, and against a mob you are only using trust buffs, crit ws become very valuable as they give a huge spike in damage over non crit ws options. Given that it can also self chain in 2 WS a good BLU with just trusts can pump out over 60k damage, while tanking in their TP set.
4) Out of all DD, they get to be one of the best at merit farming. They can AoE stuff in reisenjima and in 10 mins or less be back at it.
5) Their clear time is better than most endgame groups, with top end blu clearing it in 2 mins 10s to 3 mins.
6) If their trusts die, which can often happen, they can self heal.

The best run I have so far is I got levi to 30% before they killed my trusts and I limped along in full DT and healing as DNC sub solo for about 3 mins before being combo'd.

I still think it is possible to win solo as THF and working on it, but it is clearly a much easier thing to do with BLU. This is only for high end BLU. But clearly, they do need to pay a higher price for everything they can do. I think it is less a big deal in party setups. Especially ones using a real tank where THF really shines. But as it stands currently, they are the only DD that can solo VD avatars that I know of, and been doing it for months now. To the point that a good BLU player can be 7-8x more gil rich than the rest the entire community and that is broken and should be addressed. If I were a game dev for this, I'd suggest hitting blu's point costs so they can't have as much as everything at once, and make them pay a higher cost for when they pulled hate in content. I don't think barrier tusk should break pdt caps, and occultation shouldn't have so many shadows. MG should also not give haste.

That is just my view. And I'm not going to engage in back and forth or arguing. And I love my friends who play BLU or any other job they wish to play. Talking pure game balance though that's what I see. Something tells me I'll regret posting anything in this train wreck of a thread but oh well. I'll take the this is my view, stance. And if ppl want to attack it or me then go for it but I'm not going to reply I think this example hits on everything that needs addressed about BLU but one thing: it's popularity. I keep seeing people give up their primary jobs (even years long career jobs) to play BLU, another sign it needs nerfed imo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-09-19 10:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I started back in 2004 there's always been 1 job that was considered OP, I think nerfs are out of the question at this point, but rather slowly bringing others to parity and or creating content that will allow other jobs more of a chance to solo in parity.

I still see XI as mostly a group game with a large solo comoponent these days, and I'm glad Blus can solo like no tomorrow. Because if its not them, its some other job at the top of the heap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-09-19 10:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU was broken the moment they added it. Level 12 Dunes, HeadButt stunlock rotations on poor crabs.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
BLU was broken the moment they added it. Level 12 Dunes, HeadButt stunlock rotations on poor crabs.

Scholar is broken with immanence. Able to skill chain out of harms way.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 11:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Scholar is broken with immanence. Able to skill chain out of harms way.

I don't necessarily disagree with this. I think the problem lies in how they buffed magic bursts though and not necessarily how strong immanence is.

Honestly adjusting the burst damage from the result SC of Immanence would go a long way to make this game more balanced. It should be used to set up bigger SCs, not make their own and burst off of them.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-19 11:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see why people would say Immanence is broken but truthfully it's the only viable way to skillchain/magic burst. Hybrid set ups don't perform well because of how buffs/debuffs are grouped into disjoint mage/melee sets. Immanence at least gives players the options to utilize magic bursts without having to double down on support jobs.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-19 11:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I can see why people would say Immanence is broken but truthfully it's the only viable way to skillchain/magic burst. Hybrid set ups don't perform well because of how buffs/debuffs are grouped into disjoint mage/melee sets. Immanence at least gives players the options to utilize magic bursts without having to double down on support jobs.

I agree with everything you said, I just see it as the glass half empty. Immanence limits hybrid parties because how much better it can be done with just full mage setups.

I really miss the old days leveling when the BLM was precasting AM with a macro for scing
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 12:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this how se envision the player base beating the hardest content? Using scholar magic burst? We beat delve I by meleeing it. Why should T4 reisenjima be different? If magic burst skill chain doesn't exist maybe the players have found a way to melee it? Or people rage so hard se buff melee and lower the difficulty of those NMs? Just saying I don't think se intend us to magic burst skill chain those NMs.

Also want to mention it's not fair they buff magic burst damage and nerf bst range.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-19 12:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages: Jobs designed to be in the backline, dealing large amounts of spike damage.

Beastmaster: Job designed to be meleeing with their pet on the frontline.

The range nerf brought the job into the intended design of it all along. BST can still do everything it did before, aside from 1hour cheese with Revitalizers. I have no idea why BST players are still this upset that now they have to run into range to hit a ready macro three times then run out of range instead of sitting in the backline and doing it.

The magic burst buff made mages actually have a place again. When melees became dominant and mages were a joke, SE increased burst damage to give them a role again. When NMs proved far too difficult to tackle with melees and instead we all relied on magic, SE nerfed evasion to justify melees again.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-19 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
As far as evasion goes, WoC sits around 1831 evasion pre-bracelets. Don't know if he gets more with them, but if he does it isn't much. Haven't been able to get people to go test Albumen and Teles evasion with me yet.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-19 12:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
As far as evasion goes, WoC sits around 1831 evasion pre-bracelets. Don't know if he gets more with them, but if he does it isn't much. Haven't been able to get people to go test Albumen and Teles evasion with me yet.

We cleared Kirin and WoC yesterday using a previously untested melee strategy. We approached the fights prepared to win but we weren't sure how the set up would work.

Once bracelets mode went into effect it seems WoC gets some sort of resistance to critical damage, or a super buff in general. CDC damage was more than halved in some respects.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-19 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

Is this how se envision the player base beating the hardest content? Using scholar magic burst? We beat delve I by meleeing it. Why should T4 reisenjima be different? If magic burst skill chain doesn't exist maybe the players have found a way to melee it? Or people rage so hard se buff melee and lower the difficulty of those NMs? Just saying I don't think se intend us to magic burst skill chain those NMs.

Also want to mention it's not fair they buff magic burst damage and nerf bst range.

You can use melee, mages, or pet jobs. I don't see any issues with it. If your group can support melee jobs than it's usually better to rely on solely on melee jobs for all damage, mages get shut out completely. Immanence doesn't change this, rather it gives mages a viable way to be utilized on end game stuff.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 12:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The magic burst buff made mages actually have a place again. When melees became dominant and mages were a joke, SE increased burst damage to give them a role again. When NMs proved far too difficult to tackle with melees and instead we all relied on magic, SE nerfed evasion to justify melees again.

Not sure if this was in response to me, but I wasn't saying the buff to Magic bursts wasn't needed I was just implying that that is the reason why immanence is so strong currently. Kind of an unintended consequence to a good buff.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-19 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it was a response to Foreverj's comment. I just don't quote often.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 13:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
No, it was a response to Foreverj's comment. I just don't quote often.

Oh sorry, I did not see the last line of his post. Would of made more sense if I had read his whole post.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 24 25