Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Balance?
Job Balance?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25
By eliroo 2016-09-17 18:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
As a person that plays a lot of jobs, like I said before. The only thing that REALLY needs fixed is H2H damage. It is the only time playing the game where I felt I was weak as *** despite being well geared.

I think no matter what anyone thinks of BLU and if something needs to be done about it. We should all be able to agree that SE should focus first on both MNK and BRD before anything else.
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-17 18:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I find GEO alright to me but Idris takes it to a level that surpasses the heavens and the sole entity of the universe.

My group uses BRD alot even before Aeonic horns but that horn helps BRD a lot.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-17 18:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You want a job adjusted because PUG

For most games I agree that patching for the lower common denominator is generally a bad idea but I think for this game it may be the better idea.

This is a dying game that is in desperate need of new players. Currently they will start the game, level their job and if they make no friends they will be walled from content because they didn't level the right job.

I am also almost positive there is a way to adjust a job so that it makes them a bit harder to use in pugs but doesn't effect their overall performance in organized play.
By eliroo 2016-09-17 19:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Roundelk said: »
I find GEO alright to me but Idris takes it to a level that surpasses the heavens and the sole entity of the universe.

My group uses BRD alot even before Aeonic horns but that horn helps BRD a lot.

If anything came out of this thread for me it is that I really want to level BRD now, as it was my first love back in like 2006.

Unfortunately it stressed me out a bit as I just spent a few weeks farming up two relics already that still need to be AGed lol.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 19:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Actually some of the ones focusing only on nerfing blu are those with tunnel vision here.

I wish people on the same side of the argument would realize who is full of ***. This whole conversation could have ended pages ago when Oraen said "I don't think Cocoon and Mighty Guard should stack", fair enough.

You mean the post I quoted, said I agreed 100% and spent the rest of my post talking about buffing RDM and BRD that Draylo apparently missed?
By Afania 2016-09-17 19:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I think Broken refers more to how an op class breaks the balance of a game, so then it would need fixing.

In this case, BLU may not be broken but nerfing it may bring balance to the game a bit. We are looking at balance of a game and not individual jobs.

This lol, ppl really need to stop taking words to extreme level by repeatedly abusing the term "broken" when other ppl didn't even use it. One example is this:

This is funny because this is what you complaining about earlier so now you are convinced that these aren't broken which kills your argument again.

I tried to search in this very thread but I can't seem to find any post that I made about cocoon/occulation being "broken" and something incredibly op. The only person that made a strong vocal opinion about BLU's defensive ability was actually Comeatmebro and Ladyofhonor. I only added (painfully obvious) facts by saying a statement like this:

Afania said: »
A none blu DD using DT- set and playing defensively do less dps, v.s blu that can just go all out without any penalty.

Despite it's obvious fact, the above sentence does not have the same meaning as "cocoon and occult is broken"

Then I made my next statement about BLU's defense:

No, massive defense isn't going to be the difference between victory and defeat, nor suddenly make none blu DD pt kill 500% slower.

Which is clearly the opposite of "cocoon is broken".

Then I presented my opinion about Comeatmebro's suggestion of 30% dps nerf.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
My recommendation would be to reduce their damage by roughly 30%. That way, a turtled up BLU is still the most durable of the DPS classes, and an offensive BLU is still ahead of a turtled up other DPS job.

30% dps nerf, No thanks......

Nerfing cocoon and MG defense stacking is probably better.

Again, this statement does not have the equal meaning as "cocoon is broken", just resonating Comeatmebro and Ladyofhonor's idea of adjustments to BLU's offensive/defensive ratio. In this case I agreed with Ladyofhonor's idea and didn't agree with Comeatmebro's idea.

Here's another quote I made about BLU's defense:

Draylo said: »
Alternate entrust with BLU mighty guard. You can still entrust precision if you need THAT much acc, which shouldn't be. What you are suggesting isn't going to change anything. Even if they removed cocoon, occultation, haste buff from MG and the trait bonus, people would still use BLU because its what the bandwagon is using. If this was the case people would have bandwagoned BLU a long time ago because its always had more buffs over other DD and maintained good damage since Abyssea.

BLU didn't have self cap nor acc advantage post Abyssea until BLUwagon happened. I vaguely remember 2h DD still had more acc advantage from 2012 to 2013. BLU only gains massive acc advantage post 1h adjustment and JT2.

BLU also couldn't self cap haste back then, that's the major difference.

Defense is just icing on the cake, but MG and cocoon stacking kinda push it even further. Also if I remember correctly(sorry, been a while so my memory is vague), defense stat weren't as relevant in Abyssea era, unlike these days.

Over all I found your argument of "BLU has always been the same" kinda false, considering a lot has changed.....acc gap between jobs , free GEO bubbles for more acc beause of MG, the fact that contents need acc, defense became more relevant etc.

Or maybe it's not that BLU has changed, instead it's FFXI pt dynamics that has changed so BLU in 2015/2016 gained more advantage than 2012.

Again, the statement that I made was actually "defense is just icing on the cake and stacking MG/cocoon push it further" not "BLU's defense is most broken ever".

Finally, this sums my stance about BLU in this issue:

My argument has always been BLU being PUG friendly because of mg, acc and defense, this has never change, and if you already have one in pt makes more sense to invite 2nd one(exclusively).

All I read is "My argument has always been BLU being PUG friendly because of mg, acc and defense" which does not have equal meaning as "cocoon/occult is the most broken thing ever".

My argument about BLU's defense has been the same from what I've read unless I'm missing a misworded post or something. I think it's a nice advantage for melee that a lot of jobs don't have, and I don't think it's quite fair. That does not have equal meaning as saying it's broken or op. But for some reason ppl just take it to the extreme level and claim I said cocoon is broken op when all I said was it's an advantage. Wtf.

Same goes for whoever claiming I hate BLU or claim I think BLU is more broken than GEO just because I have more post in BLU discussion. This is going too far. It's one thing to disagree with other's opinion. It's another thing to take other's opinion to extreme level as if this world is just black and white but no gray area.
By Afania 2016-09-17 19:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You don't fix what isn't broken.

Since Afania claims blu isn't broken, it doesn't need fixing.

How about we use the word "design adjustments" instead, because apparently there's something wrong with the word "broken" "fix" and "nerf" to some ppl in this thread.
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-17 19:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I even want to get into RDM, I feel this job is so *** that one little tip in adjustment can make it completely broken especially if it gets access to Melee gear like it did during the Alluvion Skirmish days.
By eliroo 2016-09-17 19:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I even want to get into RDM, I feel this job is so *** that one little tip in adjustment can make it completely broken especially if it gets access to Melee gear like it did during the Alluvion Skirmish days.

If RDM had access to Adhemar or Herculean gear then 15 pages of this thread would have been about RDM and not BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 19:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo all rdm needs is for haste to scale with enhancing so haste 2 provides magic haste cap.
By eliroo 2016-09-17 19:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Imo all rdm needs is for haste to scale with enhancing so haste 2 provides magic haste cap.

Accuracy Bonus Trait and Higher base STR would be greatly appreciated too :)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 19:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Accuracy Bonus Trait and Higher base STR would be greatly appreciated too :)

Nope. You are a jack of all trades with your enhancing/enfeebling as your already chosen specialty.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-17 20:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is funny because BLU doesn't force other jobs out of the party setup. You can still use them and accomplish what you were doing in the same time frame. GEO FORCES BARD OUT OF A SLOT. You will literally never take BRD over GEO because the GEO is mandatory in the setup. This isn't the case for BLU, how do you figure that BLU is a more pressing issue? If you are worried buffing multiple DD will make things too easy, then why not nerf GEO so that things become harder and warrant the buffs to DD and maybe have people bring BRD or buff it. Seem logical to me instead of focusing all your hate on BLU. (Note I don't want any nerfs to any job, Afania just seems nerf happy.)

Holy fudge that makes a lotta sense. Nerf geo buff all dds. Then you can use bard or nerfed geo with the new buffed dds. I didn't think about that. Good one.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-17 20:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can more spells scale past 500 enhancing skill plz
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-17 20:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
As a person that plays a lot of jobs, like I said before. The only thing that REALLY needs fixed is H2H damage. It is the only time playing the game where I felt I was weak as *** despite being well geared.

I think no matter what anyone thinks of BLU and if something needs to be done about it. We should all be able to agree that SE should focus first on both MNK and BRD before anything else.

Agreed please buff those 2.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-09-17 20:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

(Note I don't want any nerfs to any job, Afania just seems nerf happy.)

You are confusing Afania for someone else. Remember this?

die bst!!!
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-09-17 20:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

die bst!!!

LOL. I remember that.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 23:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

die bst!!!

I like the catch. I at least linked me supporting the THF nerf when it happened. Seems Draylo is selfish.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-09-18 04:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-09-18 11:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this ever get resolved?

Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-18 11:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ~38.6% more blue than it is purple.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-18 12:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

I call it color #494166
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-09-18 14:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Long ago.
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-18 14:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Indigo
[+]
By Draylo 2016-09-18 15:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Except BST, they need to nerf dawn muslims :)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-09-18 15:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What do Muslims have to do with BST?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-09-18 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no pig jug pets. And that's because of the Muslims.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-18 16:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Except BST, they need to nerf dawn muslims :)

Hell no. Im not wasting Gil on dawn muslums. I never used one in my life.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-18 17:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually there are raaz!
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-18 17:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
There's no pig jug pets. And that's because of the Muslims.

Give us pig jug pets SE, that's barance.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25