Increase Ranger Damage Output With Bow.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Increase Ranger damage output with bow.
Increase Ranger damage output with bow.
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-07-17 19:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lu with mirke and merits in snapshot your delay would be ??(someone figure this out) be close to an unmerited osode wearing, ebow user.
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

pfft no more /nin! rng/nin should all take a long walk off a short cliff and make sure to land face first on a sharp rock
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 19:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashleylarry said:
Lu with mirke and merits in snapshot your delay would be ??(someone figure this out) be close to an unmerited osode wearing, ebow user.

but your dmg will still be crap and ebow is 490 no way in hell would merits and mirke bring it to anywhere close to the same delay a osode merit ebow user
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-07-17 19:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If your a true endgame Ranger, you people saying /war are clueless. If anything /Sam. Ninja subjob is still the most used for Ranger. Of course it depends on the situation but if you go /war and even /sam in most cases, your going to die a lot. Unless you really suck. I use ninja subjob at 90% of LS events and can out parse any non-kclub DD easily.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 19:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i have yet to die on my RNG as /war because i know when and how to use my abilities to help out a meripo or something and in endgame i came close to outparse a apoc drk as rng/war with Culverin +1 and Cannon shells and heavy shell for WS when i had unlimited shot up
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 19:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
If your a true endgame Ranger, you people saying /war are clueless. If anything /Sam. Ninja subjob is still the most used for Ranger. Of course it depends on the situation but if you go /war and even /sam in most cases, your going to die a lot. Unless you really suck. I use ninja subjob at 90% of LS events and can out parse any non-kclub DD easily.

also maybe one reason you dont die is because you are using some enmity down gear XD
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-07-17 19:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
Motokosun said:
Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
dont /nin.

This, times a million. /NIN stopped being useful at about LV50 if you're going pure DD.

This is rediculous. I am rng/nin only and i am still workin on final merits and still have a few pieces of gear to pick up. That being said i pull hate as Rng/Nin on pretty much every mob i fight, be it merit birds to high defense/phys immune. If i was to go anything other then /nin it would be /sam so i could try for atleast one more WS before i die.

The only time /war works is if your to gimp to pull hate as /nin and need that extra power.

I know your title read "with bow" But theres only so far a Bow can take you unless you get Relic Bow. Honestly get yourself a hellfire+1, some silver bullets and watch that damage jump to the next level. Also need to know gun has an added hidden Racc bonus making it possible to switch out some of those Racc equips for Str/Ratt equips. And/or depending on setup makes eating meat a great food option to Racc food.

Nedit: I should be fair and say /war does work great if you are killing fast enough that it has doughnuts before you do.
If you have never tried out a Gun then i strongly suggest doing so.

lol..... NOT MERIT PT
he was talking about dynamis and actually being able to do damage?

Even in merits, /WAR is better. Instead of having to worry about your safety, now you can one-shot the Colibri and keep everyone safe. Faster exp, less MP used, and higher chains. What's not to like?

/War in merit is epic fail. Ranger will get hate on first attack unless tank leads with weapons skill. Even in Dynamis where you zerg, your going to die a lot with /war.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-07-17 19:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This debate always ends up pissing people off. I'm just suggesting to go /nin and cap the hell out STR in your WS macro along with Courel sub as food, and your parsing the same as /war and you'll die less overall.
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-07-17 19:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
Motokosun said:
Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
dont /nin.

This, times a million. /NIN stopped being useful at about LV50 if you're going pure DD.

This is rediculous. I am rng/nin only and i am still workin on final merits and still have a few pieces of gear to pick up. That being said i pull hate as Rng/Nin on pretty much every mob i fight, be it merit birds to high defense/phys immune. If i was to go anything other then /nin it would be /sam so i could try for atleast one more WS before i die.

The only time /war works is if your to gimp to pull hate as /nin and need that extra power.

I know your title read "with bow" But theres only so far a Bow can take you unless you get Relic Bow. Honestly get yourself a hellfire+1, some silver bullets and watch that damage jump to the next level. Also need to know gun has an added hidden Racc bonus making it possible to switch out some of those Racc equips for Str/Ratt equips. And/or depending on setup makes eating meat a great food option to Racc food.

Nedit: I should be fair and say /war does work great if you are killing fast enough that it has doughnuts before you do.
If you have never tried out a Gun then i strongly suggest doing so.

lol..... NOT MERIT PT
he was talking about dynamis and actually being able to do damage?

Even in merits, /WAR is better. Instead of having to worry about your safety, now you can one-shot the Colibri and keep everyone safe. Faster exp, less MP used, and higher chains. What's not to like?

/War in merit is epic fail. Ranger will get hate on first attack unless tank leads with weapons skill. Even in Dynamis where you zerg, your going to die a lot with /war.

QFT ive critical my 1st arrow for 440 and had hate till it was dead. With a shitty pld i dont know ill go with /nin. I'll go /war to merits with people I know
/sam is good for longer fights but worthless imo on merit birds. All this talk about rng makes me want to merit as rng....damn i miss those 3k WS.
 Unicorn.Satsume
Server: Unicorn
user: satsume
By Unicorn.Satsume 2009-07-17 19:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Medjai said:
pfft no more /nin! rng/nin should all take a long walk off a short cliff and make sure to land face first on a sharp rock

Oh i never looked at it like this before. Well you've done it! I'm sold on /war.
 Alexander.Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-07-17 19:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark lord ????? do you mean dyn lord ??? if so 1500 is avg at best. I can easily pull 1.8k sometimes 2k+ if right songs and etc...but yeah any decent well geared rng can hit between 2-2.7k on dyn lord.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-17 19:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pakalolo said:
Dark lord ????? do you mean dyn lord ??? if so 1500 is avg at best. I can easily pull 1.8k sometimes 2k+ if right songs and etc...but yeah any decent well geared rng can hit between 2-2.7k on dyn lord.

Lolwhat?
 Remora.Imola
Server: Remora
user: Imola
By Remora.Imola 2009-07-17 20:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When to use a subjob from experience... I never use sam sub so I won't include where I would use it, actually I never found subing sam any better, yeah you get TP faster with meditate, but really does it really make a big difference.

Sky Farming - RNG/NIN
Sky Gods - RNG/WAR
Dynamis - Dynamis Cities (Jueno, Sandy, Windy, Bastok, Baucidine) RNG/WAR
(why because if you have a good a mount of number in your runs as far as members, regular mobs die pretty fast, and pld or some EPEEN DD will keep hate, and like a lot of others in this thread sad a good RNG knows when to weapon skill and not take hate and usually a last kill shot is best.

For Dynamis Xarcabard I prefer RNG/NIN why because those demons have high Def, and hit's very hard. A simple WS from a RNG will take hate easly and you'll want that extra shadows to keep you a live and give pld time to get hate back.

Zerging NM's - RNG/WAR self explanatory, you get full buffs and you want to kill the mob as fast as you can so you go all out DMG.

Limbus - RNG/NIN to stay a live.

Einherjar - RNG/WAR pretty easy the whole 30minutes is a ZERG. Just bring RR with you incase.

Merit PT - This is really up to you. If you see a good PT setup and what mobs your killing make an educated decision. I usually go RNG/NIN either way my WS still does a great deal of dmg, and with a rdm healer it really helps. But if you see the gears on the other members and they look solid as in they know what they're doing subbing WAR might be an option since that mob will die fast either way. For example if I see a Hagun/Usukane SAM's, or relic/skadi rangers hell yah I'll sub war to out damage them or try too LOL.. don't want to be doing 180dmg while the skadi/relic range doing 500 every random procs lol..

Hope this helps. This is by no means 100% correct by it's the way I play most of the time when I'm on ranger.
 Alexander.Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-07-17 20:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm He sz he fights the dark lord, I think he means dynamis lord.

He sz he does 1500 sidewinders, I said that is avg.

I say my sidewinders do 1,800-2,000 in damage.(im decent but not well geared)

A well geared knowledgable ranger can do between 2,000-2,700 in damage with there sidewinders on the dynamis lord.

Is this easier for you to read LOLWHAT. sorry trying to type this and talk on the phone at the same time
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-17 20:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So out of curiosity does souleater work with ranged attacks... and will it proc on all barrage hits?
 Pandemonium.Rida
Server: Pandemonium
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-07-19 03:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Pre Velocity shot with Shigeto bow. 2.7k can be reached easily. I did have songs but I was going for consistency so I mixed in some Racc.
 Bismarck.Kiddosyzed
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kiddosyzed 2009-07-19 03:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Azuzu said:

/NIN:
-Utsusemi
-Dual Wield
-------(/NIN is mostly only for situations where the mob will one-shot you if you pull even the slightest bit of hate)

hmm more say a taru rng :P
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Arroon
Server: Shiva
user: Arroon
By Shiva.Arroon 2009-10-06 05:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My set Up (mainly Dyna so /Nin)
Main: Krieg+Fran, S-Bow, Deamons
Head: Wyvern Helm
Body: Mirke (RAtt+10 Snapshot+5)
Neck: Ranger's/Chivlrous (i find gaining +5Ratt is better than +5Racc from PCC)
Ears: Minuet/Velocity
Rings: Bethemoth x2
Hands: CFG
Waist: Scout's Belt
Legs: Scout's Braccae
Feet: Scout's Socks
Back: Amemet +1

I always use meat (Subs mainly, Hedgehog Pie if im feeling fruity)

I am just starting to get merits on Archery and Str so very few merits atm

Normal shots will do about 140-200 on normal mobs but for some reason i find Sidewinder having trouble hitting for anything over 1400, any ideas why this could be? (admitidly i rarely have a Brd in dyna pt lol)