Increase Ranger Damage Output With Bow.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Increase Ranger damage output with bow.
Increase Ranger damage output with bow.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-07-17 14:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
dont /nin.

This, times a million. /NIN stopped being useful at about LV50 if you're going pure DD.

Also need to know gun has an added hidden Racc bonus making it possible to switch out some of those Racc equips for Str/Ratt equips.

RNG forever and this is news to me. and this is a gear thread not a bow v xbow v gun thread.

for me, its gun for zerg only. bow/xbow for everything else
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-07-17 14:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Imola said:
Also another missing piece is the type food you eat.
Sole Sushi gives you added STR and range accuracy. Squid gives you added AGI and range accuracy. I usually intake sole sushi for good dmg, and not miss so much.

But you can go fancy and go with Dragon Soup that gives you a huge amount of STR and Range ATTACK% but you will miss quite often so instead of stacking STR range attack you'll want to stack on range accuracy gears, and hopes for Prelude. But I gaurantee your weapon skill if you hit will get you killed lol..

Pot-Au-Feu is a dish i get commisioned to cook quite a bit from rangers. its a good balance of RACC and RATT like pizza for ranged attacks
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-17 14:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't see where some people are getting at when they say /war with staff, no racc rings, and meat and you're still accurate on Sidewinder. That situation takes a huge loss of ranged accuracy if you take into account:

Rings - up to 24 ranged acc loss there.
/WAR - most likely using staff so the loss depends on what you're dual wielding as /NIN.
Meat - loss of 15% ranged accuracy by not using Sole Sushi.

Also taking into account Sidewinder isn't the most accurate WS.

I have RNG 75 with 8/8 archery, and I don't think I'd ever fulltime STR rings as /WAR eating meat.

Am I missing something? What mobs are you guys fighting under these conditions?
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-17 17:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
dont /nin.

This, times a million. /NIN stopped being useful at about LV50 if you're going pure DD.

This is rediculous. I am rng/nin only and i am still workin on final merits and still have a few pieces of gear to pick up. That being said i pull hate as Rng/Nin on pretty much every mob i fight, be it merit birds to high defense/phys immune. If i was to go anything other then /nin it would be /sam so i could try for atleast one more WS before i die.

The only time /war works is if your to gimp to pull hate as /nin and need that extra power.

I know your title read "with bow" But theres only so far a Bow can take you unless you get Relic Bow. Honestly get yourself a hellfire+1, some silver bullets and watch that damage jump to the next level. Also need to know gun has an added hidden Racc bonus making it possible to switch out some of those Racc equips for Str/Ratt equips. And/or depending on setup makes eating meat a great food option to Racc food.

Nedit: I should be fair and say /war does work great if you are killing fast enough that it has doughnuts before you do.
If you have never tried out a Gun then i strongly suggest doing so.

lol..... NOT MERIT PT
he was talking about dynamis and actually being able to do damage?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-17 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
Motokosun said:
Enternius said:
Houshisama said:
dont /nin.

This is rediculous. I am rng/nin only and i am still workin on final merits and still have a few pieces of gear to pick up. That being said i pull hate as Rng/Nin on pretty much every mob i fight, be it merit birds to high defense/phys immune. If i was to go anything other then /nin it would be /sam so i could try for atleast one more WS before i die.

The only time /war works is if your to gimp to pull hate as /nin and need that extra power.

I know your title read "with bow" But theres only so far a Bow can take you unless you get Relic Bow. Honestly get yourself a hellfire+1, some silver bullets and watch that damage jump to the next level. Also need to know gun has an added hidden Racc bonus making it possible to switch out some of those Racc equips for Str/Ratt equips. And/or depending on setup makes eating meat a great food option to Racc food.

Nedit: I should be fair and say /war does work great if you are killing fast enough that it has doughnuts before you do.

lol..... NOT MERIT PT
he was talking about dynamis and actually being able to do damage?

Even in merits, /WAR is better. Instead of having to worry about your safety, now you can one-shot the Colibri and keep everyone safe. Faster exp, less MP used, and higher chains. What's not to like?
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-17 17:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashman said:
Pot-Au-Feu is a dish i get commisioned to cook quite a bit from rangers. its a good balance of RACC and RATT like pizza for ranged attacks

Yeah, I make that for our RNG ls member, he's happy with it so far
 Asura.Vespera
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-07-17 17:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be considered unreasonable to not bother firing Sidewinder until A) Had at least a good 30-50% extra if not more TP above 100% aided to assure contact or B) Assuming you're meriting, to not fire until it is guaranteed to be the killshot for enmity sake?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-17 17:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tanked on rng... actually I oftened ended up being the tank on rng till lvl 40 when I stopped. So /nin was useful. Also if you can't pull hate with just ranged attacks no melee or ws... um well not sure what to say. I always did even with thfs in pt good tanks and -emnity merits.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-17 17:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I love /sam for meditate and its more balanced.. for a zerg /war is definately much better.

/nin would be good only with a kraken club
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-17 17:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Also if you can't pull hate with just ranged attacks no melee or ws... um well not sure what to say. I always did even with thfs in pt good tanks and -emnity merits.

Yeah...it's always seemed damn easy for RNG's I've partied with to take hate.

The mark of a good RNG (in my opinion) is the one that DOESN'T, or at least, the one that doesn't *** and cry and complain when they do after they drop 3k+ in WS damage in like 5 seconds...yeah ok, blame the NIN for that ***LOL
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-17 17:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in.
Motokosun said:

Also need to know gun has an added hidden Racc bonus making it possible to switch out some of those Racc equips for Str/Ratt equips.

Where did this come from?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-17 17:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
I love /sam for meditate and its more balanced.. for a zerg /war is definately much better.

What about merc kris.... with the rngs decent dag skill compared to the lol club skill might be faster tp.
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Also if you can't pull hate with just ranged attacks no melee or ws... um well not sure what to say. I always did even with thfs in pt good tanks and -emnity merits.

The mark of a good RNG (in my opinion) is the one that DOESN'T, or at least, the one that doesn't *** and cry and complain when they do after they drop 3k+ in WS damage in like 5 seconds...yeah ok, blame the NIN for that ***LOL

Hence why I subbed nin. No crying from me. Especially when I had more evasion gear then the nins... lol made for some interesting pts I tell you.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-17 17:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Cianti said:

What about merc kris.... with the rngs decent dag skill compared to the lol club skill might be faster tp.

Just get more acc!
and...why /nin for kclub? are you going to be dualing Kclub with Blau or some crazy ***?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-17 17:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:
Cianti said:

Just get more acc!
and...why /nin for kclub? are you going to be dualing Kclub with Blau or some crazy ***?

idk cause rng gets like no shield maybe to put some ratt on a weapon maybe cause the crazy hate youll take.... and overcoming a E rating skill is stupid. Especially if your trying to wear some haste...
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 18:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:

Weapon: Fire Staff + Axe Grip, Fransisca + Hawker's Knife
Range: Vali's bow + Demon Arrows
Head: Wyvern helm
Neck: Hope Torq.
Earring: Bushinomimi + Vision Earring
Body: Mirke (Range attack +10, Snap shot +5)
Hands: Hunter's bracers +1
Rings: Behemoth Ringx2
Back: Amemet mantle +1
Waist: Royal Knight's belt
Legs: Scout's Braccae
Feet: Scout's socks
Archery : 290 (7/8 Archery merits)
Thank you.

heres the gear you should you weather it be TP or WS ill put WS in ()
Vulcan's Staff + Axe grip
Vali's bow + Kabura arrows (PPA WS)
Hellfire+1 or if your lucky Culverin+ Silver Bullets Cannon Shells
Wyvern Helm or the Moogle addon helm with STR ranged acc+ranged acc/ranged att
Hope torque(Breeze Gorget WS)
Bushi/triumph earring
Mirke (osode/mirke if you dont have osode)
CFG/BFG/Skote
Rajas/FlameX2 if you dont have a rajas /triumph ring x2 is you have the money and dont have flame ring or rajas/ Jalzahn's Ring is nice also mixxed in with a STR ring
Amemet +1 all the way
Potent can out due NQ RK belt but not RK belt +2 in the right areas, Buccaneers is best for both WS and TP if you care about hate if you dont Scouts belt is the best for both WS and TP
Scouts Braccae (if you lucky with ZNM drops Hachiryu but Gl with that)
Scouts Socks
and of course /WAR > any other sub for RNG
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-17 18:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Medjai said:
heres the gear you should you weather it be TP or WS ill put WS in ()
Vulcan's Staff + Axe grip
Vali's bow + Kabura arrows (PPA WS)
Hellfire+1 or if your lucky Culverin+ Silver Bullets Cannon Shells
Wyvern Helm or the Moogle addon helm with STR ranged acc+ranged acc/ranged att
Hope torque(Breeze Gorget WS)
Bushi/triumph earring
Mirke (osode/mirke if you dont have osode)
CFG/BFG/Skote
Rajas/FlameX2 if you dont have a rajas /triumph ring x2 is you have the money and dont have flame ring or rajas/ Jalzahn's Ring is nice also mixxed in with a STR ring
Amemet +1 all the way
Potent can out due NQ RK belt but not RK belt +2 in the right areas, Buccaneers is best for both WS and TP if you care about hate if you dont Scouts belt is the best for both WS and TP
Scouts Braccae (if you lucky with ZNM drops Hachiryu but Gl with that)
Scouts Socks
and of course /WAR > any other sub for RNG

WSing only when Unlimited Shot is up is pretty lulzy, even if you do cap it's recast via merits. Besides, the attack down via demon arrows from TPing is truly more useful than silence is, unless of course you're fighting a mage, but that's nothing a good RDM can't do themselves.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 18:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

the dmg frfom kabura is higher which increases your DMG for your WS and attack down on most mobs is pointless unless its a HNM or something anyways and you can also ws in kabura just said PPA because of the 40 ranged att lol
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-17 18:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's what I was getting at. Unless you can make your own, Demon arrows are more friendly to TP in for those who buy their ammo, and also has slightly more benefits aside from the DMG difference. IMO one should WS in kabura and WS with PPA when Unlimited Shot is up.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-17 18:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:

If you pull hate on every single mob you fight, especially as /nin, you are just another stupid *** rng that pisses off the healers. If you can't manage not firing off a WS during the pull, then just stop playing this game please.

PS: I am speaking in meripo btw.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

true but im just going with the best AH/craft gear you can outside of the obvious gear thats R/E and such i like my extra 25 dmg on kabura during the TP phase
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-17 18:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah...not everyone is willing to spend 14k per stack of arrows to tp it all away.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-17 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

The mark of a good RNG (in my opinion) is the one that DOESN'T

This is a statement of pure fact.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 18:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i made my own but i know what you mean and if they not willing to spend 14k THEN DONT LVL RNG XD lol kidding
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-17 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

The mark of a good RNG (in my opinion) is the one that DOESN'T

This is a statement of pure fact.

Or you could ride the line and /nin and still not take dmg...
 Alexander.Pakalolo
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-07-17 19:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy this bow -->> http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17205

Do this --->>>>>> http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ellylldan

With your body piece and merits in snapshot, you should be ok.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 19:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pakalolo said:

doing that would make him weaker thden using Valis ebow has +23 Ranged attack the bow would need to give you +15 STR to make up for the ranged attack and STR from Valis bow
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-07-17 19:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess you failed to see what paka is saying , its ok...take the gendowa and use the augs from the annm +6str +14 rng attk thats an ebow with higher base damage.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-17 19:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

564(at the best)-600 delay...thats kind of big
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-17 19:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Medjai said:
Pakalolo said:

doing that would make him weaker thden using Valis ebow has +23 Ranged attack the bow would need to give you +15 STR to make up for the ranged attack and STR from Valis bow

im talking pure WS dmg on this btw but tp you would still be better off with Valis
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-17 19:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

tp in merc kris/kclub!!! ws in culverin!!!