First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 54 55 56
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-15 14:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My list of top 5 villains:

Just can't agree that XV's villain is bad. He reminded me a lot of Vaas from Far Cry 3 who was arguably in the top 3 best video game villains of all time, but he didn't quite reach that level.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-12-15 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that the villain was great. They just wasted so much potential, imo, by not really developing him and leaving the details of his past hidden in in game books and hints.

Still one of my favorites too though.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 21:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Top 3/5 sounds right for Ardyn.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-15 21:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-15 22:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I just beat the game last night and I would like to counter some of your points Kalila, especially with your rating on the villians.

Chapter 13

Story Rating:

My personal Story rating 7.5/10 (May get better with DLC)

Spoilers:

Villain Rating:

For me: Villains: 8/10

More spoils:

In terms of emotional story telling this game is easily in the top 5 for the FF series for myself. It lacks in other areas though, such as the un-epicness of the story fights. Seriously the Levi fight and final fight... like wtf were they thinking.

Quote:
Weapons: 2/10

I just wanted to agree with this rating. The Royal Arms and the RoL were all disappointing. You get very few weapons one of the best swords is available extremely early in the game. They could have done this a lot better.

Everyone will have different opinions but I think hearing multiples opinions is always a good thing.
Cross counter!

Chapter 13

Story Rating

2/5

Villain Rating:

1/5

For me it was largely emotionally vacant.

I agree with the weapons rating as well, though I guess I'd point out that they probably didn't see the point in adding a lot, since in the end, it's more about how you fight in real time. I would have liked to see more, and I definitely agree about the utility versus cost aspect of the ancestor weapons.

Overall I agree with Kali pretty much. It would have been a nice side game, or a nice game on its own. Like if they'd released this game and called it, "Gods of Lucis," or something like that, would have been like, "Hey let me see more of this idea you have." But nah, it's an FF title. I actually thought to myself when I finished it, "Man, I actually liked FFXIII better... goddamn it." lol
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-15 22:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Today Square Enix announced that the first DLC package of Final Fantasy XV will be released on December 22nd for PS4 and Xbox One.

There will actually be two separate DLC: The Final Fantasy XV Holiday Pack (Free Version) will be released for free for everyone who purchased the game, while the Final Fanyasy XV Holiday Pack+ will be reserved to those who purchased the Season Pass.

The Holiday Pack+ Will include useful accessories that boost things like item drop rate or lower stamina consumption, on top of a ticket to a carnival to be held in-game in January, and more. It won’t be sold separately, so if you want it, you need the Season Pass.

The free Holiday Pack includes some accessories as well, and a carnival ticket of its own, that apparently is the same as the one included in the Holiday Pack+ (which, I assume, means that those who have the Season Pass will get two tickets).

A game update coming at the same time includes the new game plus feature, that let you use a save game after clearing the game to restart from the beginning of the story, and a feature that lets you add playful frames to pictures shared on social networks.

Below you can find the full list of items included in each package. Keep in mind that the info comes from a press release in Japanese, so official translations in English for the names of the items might differ.

Holiday Pack+

Ring of protection
Command booster (only for Noctis)
Phantom booster (only for Noctis)
Paean of the Instant Kill
Paean of Battle Skill
Good Luck Key
Stamina Anchor (only for Noctis)
Carnival Style costume (only for Noctis) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Photo Frame (Holiday Pack Limited Edition) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Limited-time carnival ticket +

Holiday Pack (Free Version)

Level Limiter
Paean of Annihilation
Moogle Chocobo t-shirt+ hat (only for Noctis) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Limited-time carnival ticket (same as the “+” version. The name is simply different)
The carnival tickets will give you access to the Moogle Chocobo carnival, which will be held for a limited time in game in January. You can see an image in the gallery below.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/15/final-fantasy-xv-free-dlc-releasing-december-22nd-screenshots-released/
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-16 04:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw a video of the secret Jumping Puzzle, after trying it for a few mins yesterday and finding it fun.

Now I think I completely lost my will to even try it further lol
By Ackeron 2016-12-16 07:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I beat this game, Here's my stuff and thangs about it.

Just a heads up I just played the game none of the extra stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 07:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Combat - 2 buttons guys. Yup. Once you get the Black Hood it turns 1 button. Only thing you can do to *** up is attack at the wrong time or try to block an unblockable move. While this is still stupidly simple it still can be entertaining.

Personally I don't do all the things with combat that you can do but it's more complex than this since you can cancel attacks and use the analog stick to start a special type of attack (like the tempest-ish greatsword attack, the charge up, the drop kick with daggers etc)

It's not mentioned anywhere in the game though so I don't think most people know how to execute these attacks properly. I linked a youtube page with movesets on page 47
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-16 07:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Quote:
Today Square Enix announced that the first DLC package of Final Fantasy XV will be released on December 22nd for PS4 and Xbox One.

There will actually be two separate DLC: The Final Fantasy XV Holiday Pack (Free Version) will be released for free for everyone who purchased the game, while the Final Fanyasy XV Holiday Pack+ will be reserved to those who purchased the Season Pass.

The Holiday Pack+ Will include useful accessories that boost things like item drop rate or lower stamina consumption, on top of a ticket to a carnival to be held in-game in January, and more. It won’t be sold separately, so if you want it, you need the Season Pass.

The free Holiday Pack includes some accessories as well, and a carnival ticket of its own, that apparently is the same as the one included in the Holiday Pack+ (which, I assume, means that those who have the Season Pass will get two tickets).

A game update coming at the same time includes the new game plus feature, that let you use a save game after clearing the game to restart from the beginning of the story, and a feature that lets you add playful frames to pictures shared on social networks.

Below you can find the full list of items included in each package. Keep in mind that the info comes from a press release in Japanese, so official translations in English for the names of the items might differ.

Holiday Pack+

Ring of protection
Command booster (only for Noctis)
Phantom booster (only for Noctis)
Paean of the Instant Kill
Paean of Battle Skill
Good Luck Key
Stamina Anchor (only for Noctis)
Carnival Style costume (only for Noctis) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Photo Frame (Holiday Pack Limited Edition) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Limited-time carnival ticket +

Holiday Pack (Free Version)

Level Limiter
Paean of Annihilation
Moogle Chocobo t-shirt+ hat (only for Noctis) – Available with an update scheduled for late January
Limited-time carnival ticket (same as the “+” version. The name is simply different)
The carnival tickets will give you access to the Moogle Chocobo carnival, which will be held for a limited time in game in January. You can see an image in the gallery below.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/15/final-fantasy-xv-free-dlc-releasing-december-22nd-screenshots-released/

Perfect timing. Getting my gallbladder removed on the 23rd, I'll have nothing to do but lay on the couch and run through FFXV. Guess I'll finish the first run through of the story (just started chapter 13) before patch and be ready to hit it up whenever the drugs let me be coherent enough to play.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-16 07:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Combat - 2 buttons guys. Yup. Once you get the Black Hood it turns 1 button. Only thing you can do to *** up is attack at the wrong time or try to block an unblockable move. While this is still stupidly simple it still can be entertaining.

Personally I don't do all the things with combat that you can do but it's more complex than this since you can cancel attacks and use the analog stick to start a special type of attack (like the tempest-ish greatsword attack, the charge up, the drop kick with daggers etc)

It's not mentioned anywhere in the game though so I don't think most people know how to execute these attacks properly. I linked a youtube page with movesets on page 47
Let's relink it then! And this list is by no means complete either. There's a LOT of depth in this battle system. It pretends to be just another action game but it's quite the other way around.

Altough I still think the wonky wait and target mode (plus bad explaining) don't really help the full depth of it to stand out from the pretense of being an action game RPG

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ7B7-wPYzVFbo5DXLSUh4w/videos
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-16 08:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It tells you in the tutorial that the direction you hold while attacking changes your combo. IE with the sword if you hold back you'll dodge away then warp strike back in, daggers you quick step when holding to the sides instead of attacking which makes it easier to blind side. Some of the royal arms have their own thing as well like the great sword you get before titan has an attack buff if you attack a certain way.

One of the reasons I feel they did fairly well on the combat design is if you want to min/max and work out different load outs you can, but at it's base it's simple enough that players new to the genre can pick it up and not be discouraged. The trade off is as Ack said you can just use 2 buttons if that's all you care to do, but as I've said before every FF played at base is not difficult with basic math and you can spam the attack command and heal when needed needed to win. The only way they become interesting and difficult is when you set your own challenges or try to max things out/find the best combinations of jobs/characters/etc or even just for shits and giggles type builds. This one is no exception.

My only major complaint about the combat is not just how freely you can use items but the abundance of them... like in other games if if I use a mega phoenix I cringe a little inside, in this one I'm just like "meh I'm too lazy to make more than 1 person use an elixer, mega phoenix go!". I feel like their should have been either a cool down on using potions (similar to Star Ocean 3 or Dragon Age 2) or a limitation on how many you can carry by type or total (ie Dragon Age 3 or Legend of Dragoon).
5 potions
3 hi potions
1 mega potion
5 elixer
2 hi elixers
1 megalixer
3 phoenix downs
1 mega phoenix
In my invantory at any given time would probably be a limitation I probably place on myself if I do another play through.
By eliroo 2016-12-16 08:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the abundance of items makes it to easy to not die.

That being said, the combat totally changes once you get Airdance, I mean wow it feels so much nicer when fighting bigger mobs.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-16 08:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the abundance of items makes it to easy to not die.
Unless you afk you literally can not game over unless you run out of phoenix downs because it gives you time to use them after Noct hits 0... Apparently on easy mode you have a chance at getting Carbuncle summon if you wipe as well.
By eliroo 2016-12-16 08:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The game does mention that moving the analog stick during a blitz will effect the outcome of the combo, but they don't go into depth with it. I think they wanted the player to discover the combos.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 08:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Who plays the tutorial lol
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-16 08:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I also think the whole "Player Discovery" is another motif they are going with, and while I don't mind it, it is pretty clear that its objective is to sell DLC, side content and sequels.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-16 08:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't tell me how to live my life bear!
By eliroo 2016-12-16 09:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting theory I found on reddit today:
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-16 09:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

By eliroo 2016-12-16 09:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-16 09:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 09:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

By eliroo 2016-12-16 09:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

By eliroo 2016-12-16 10:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler Alert!

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 10:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler Alert!

Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-16 10:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler Alert!

By eliroo 2016-12-16 10:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler Alert!

VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-16 11:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Just saw a video of the secret Jumping Puzzle, after trying it for a few mins yesterday and finding it fun.

Now I think I completely lost my will to even try it further lol
It took me a good 5 hours yesterday (my entire day after work) to complete that dungeon.

Really interesting, I wouldn't want more of those in the game unless they did something really different, but having it is great and I actually loved it...

except the controls in XV suck. Why must developers use a floaty character movement system? I don't care about your vision, I want 100% character movement and no exceptions. If I nudge forward I want to take 1 step, or even a half step, or a quarter step, not 3 steps forward. I raged during that dungeon not because it was difficult, not because it outsmarted me, but because of the controls. It's like the entire game is built on ice except you take 3 steps instead of sliding.

Controls are horrible when it comes to jumping puzzles of that complexity, and near the end it gets pretty freaking complex, in complete darkness with only your flashlight to guide you... all while you fall to your death (instant reset back to the last checkpoint) because of the controls.

I really hope they update the game to fix the fact that you can't nudge forward. So dumb. Floaty control systems need to go and never should of been a thing unless your game is specifically an artsy game and it needs it. Final Fantasy is not artsy and it does not and never will need floaty control systems... unless you're drunk or losing consciousness, or something.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-16 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, why wouldn't I want to know what the game wants to inform me of? Otherwise I'd go through the game not knowing something exists.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 54 55 56