Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 54 55 56
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-13 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
That's just silly, it was obvious he had to do something to

How else would they have done that part? In a cutscene? Let him
He's been useless the entire game, always dies first. I stopped trying to heal him in chapter 2.

Ignis will always be useless no matter what they do for his character. All he does for the team is cook meals.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-13 13:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say though, the music has held this game up so far. I'm always finding myself listening to it and happy.

Great job from Yoko Shimomura as usual.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2016-12-13 13:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think ignis is useless, his regroup ability has saved me countless mega potions :P
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-13 13:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

but if I used regroup that would heal Ignis.... why would I want to heal him :\!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-13 13:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Overwhelm is very powerful, as is his elemental skill Enhancement
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-12-13 13:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Igi. Like Drac said both Overwhelm and his Ele skill are amazing.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-13 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Overwhelm is very powerful, as is his elemental skill Enhancement
Overwhelm is ridiculous in that it effectively breaks the damage cap you otherwise need 999 ap to break and keeps your whole party invincible the duration so you can invul through things that would otherwise wipe the party... Like the only reason I use any other tech is for shits and giggles.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-13 20:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That time tho :o 90 1/2 hours and I didn't even farm for AP/Gil/Exp

just did content, sidequests, and hunts.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-13 20:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What did you think of the last few chapters? Or should I not ask?
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-13 20:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Or should I not ask?
I was full on rage mode. I hated just about every moment of it.

I don't know what comes after yet, I have to sleep for work tomorrow, so I'll get to experience it later.

So far I would rate the game as such:

The world is beautiful, and the first area is at least open world, and while the other areas of the game make up that world feel, sort of, you never really get to explore very well. Flying car probably fixes that feeling a little bit, but you're most likely still bound by roads. The first area of the game at least is at least a nice change from XIII, but again, you can still see stuff you can't actually walk on and it's all an illusion. Fakery. ALSO WTF CAN'T YOU JUMP OVER FENCES OR ANYTHING YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUMP OVER? OR ON? WHY EVEN GIVE US A JUMP D;

World: 6/10 IMO

Music was wonderful, I enjoyed every moment of it. I had no complaints, and they didn't try to ruin classic pieces with heavy metal or screaming singing.

Music: 9/10 (could of had some more iconic music pieces in the story, like around the crystal)

The combat to me is either you love it or hate it, and I'm among the hate it category. I get that they really wanted to change it up and be unique, but with that they left out stuff I felt should of been in the game. However, they do have a fast combat system, even if it has major issues with it, like the lock on system.

Combat: 6/10 for me

They made some use of FF enemies while adding their own flavor to it. It's not a negative really, and hunts made it work a lot better. However, they ruined Adamantoise fight for me by making the camera clip into it constantly and the fact that he just flops his arms and head up and down and that's the entire fight.

Monsters: 7/10, could be a lot better

The game provided hours and hours of content, so there was plenty of side stuff to do apart from the main story. It was all pretty samey, but they did okay with it enough, I stayed with it after all without forcing myself. Nothing huge stood out though that made it special, it felt like side content. No rewarding feeling.

Side Content: 7/10

Armor system was crap, thats all.

Armor: 1/10

Weapons were a bit underwhelming to me. There are like... 5 of each weapon before post game. That is kinda dumb to me. I expected a lot more variety, rewards along the way, etc. They didn't reward the player very much with interesting weapons and they kept it very minimalistic.

Weapons: 2/10

However, they did have a lot of accessories and brought back favorites like Ribbon. I've never been a great user of accessories but I do appreciate seeing stuff like that. However, because I'm not a great user of accessories I can't really say what's wrong with the system or what's great about it.

Accessories: 8/10

Magic and items had a come back... kinda. They left a lot of spells out to keep around the fire/ice/lightning theme. I liked the idea of mixing spells and items to create unique things, but in the end, what you could create was all the same thing really, with a twist here or there. Nothing amazing or interesting. However, they did try to change the system up this time so I will give them credit for trying.

Magic and Items: 4/10

The story is a very weak link in this game. It has some strong points, but it feels completely rushed. They don't give the player enough in between and a lot of moments don't work together. You just have to accept it and try to keep the flow going with a lot of effort from your end, which shouldn't happen. They ruined the flow a lot, especially at the end fights where the music would just stop as if it was loading the next scene. Flow was a huge issue with this game, as if it was put together within a year's time, not 10 years. I get that the project started over along the way but still. Did not meet expectations for me, and it was very predictable which was another issue.

Story: 5/10

The final villain was a bit underwhelming to me. I was getting a FF6 vibe from him, sorta, but not really at the same time. It kinda sucks, because the entire game all you really get to see are the airships coming in to drop off the robot soldiers and that it, then you fight the drg lady who turns good, and then you fight him at the end. Very weak bad guys IMO.

Villains: 2/10

The UI and use of command was needlessly difficult. I couldn't for the life of me use R1 + L1, or R1 + L1 again before the timer ran out, or use X by items without having to preemptively hold the X button before arriving at the prompt, or else I would jump. Summoning was also annoying, and took me awhile to figure out how to do it. There was so many problems, and it pissed me off more than anything in this game, probably more than not being able to jump on cars.

UI: 3/10

Characters were okay, I have my issues with Ignis's survivability but he wasn't a bad character outside of battle for me, even if he has a super OP LB that breaks the 9999 barrier without spending 999 AP to do it. I enjoyed them enough. Nothing along the lines of loving anyone though. I was cheering for deaths at times.

Characters: 7/10

Final Opinion: 5.2/10, an average experience that could be better if they would of put more love into it.

I would like to say that as a video game, it's fine. I just expect more from a main titled Final Fantasy game. If this was just Final Fantasy Versus XIII I probably would have a different opinion on SOME things, but not very many. The problems that exist still exist regardless of its final name. The score probably would remain the same, I just would feel differently about it and not as disappointed if that makes sense.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-14 02:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Final Opinion: 5.2/10, an average experience that could be better if they would of put more love into it.

Well said. The entire thing. Emphasis on the quoted part though.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-12-14 02:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly have been enjoying the game and don't think I would rate it so low myself.

But...

Again, still fun, but I am also dissapointed. It really could have been so much better if they just did more.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-14 03:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Villains: 2/10

I just can't agree with this, your standards are weird as hell

And magic at 4/10? It should at least be 7 and if they had included more types of spells (like ultima, meteor etc) then it would have been 10/10

The way magic interacts with the world is an amazing step forward. It can freeze and electrify water, it can burn oil and grass, it can slow the movement of mobs etc.

How can you possibly rate it 4/10? Is it because you have to go gather it? Is it because it's used as an item? If so, there's really no difference to using it as a normal spell, just think of the spell amount as your "MP"
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-14 04:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I explained why I rated it so low. It's my personal opinion, not fact.
[+]
By voiceless 2016-12-14 04:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just silly, it was obvious he had to do something to

How else would they have done that part? In a cutscene? Let him
He's been useless the entire game, always dies first. I stopped trying to heal him in chapter 2.

Ignis will always be useless no matter what they do for his character. All he does for the team is cook meals.

YouTube Video Placeholder

New Recypuiah
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-14 06:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Which guide are you guys using so far for post game? Which postgame activities are there available actually?

Other than finishing all hunts, all quests, those "rare materials" quest from the blacksmith guy in Lestallum... is there anything else?
Secret dungeons?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-14 06:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which guide are you guys using so far for post game? Which postgame activities are there available actually?

Other than finishing all hunts, all quests, those "rare materials" quest from the blacksmith guy in Lestallum... is there anything else?
Secret dungeons?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-14 06:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I need to check those dungeons. But I also need to check the pre-req because there's gotta be one, since she's saying nothing to me when I talk to her.

I'll google around, thanks!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-14 06:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Daurell, Balouve, Crestholm, Costlemark are the pre-reqs
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-14 06:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, missing Daurell!
By voiceless 2016-12-14 07:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

By Viciouss 2016-12-14 11:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with a lot of what Kali said in her rage review, specifically the villains. They sucked. We saw the Imperial Emperor once? We saw Ravus a few times but never really understood his motives, and certainly didn't care about him. And the main villain was lame as hell. He reminded me of Balthier, who annoyed the hell out of me.

I will also add the flying sucks, did it twice and right back to fast travel. You can't fly over mountains or craters so its a pain to fly across the map. And landing? Land improperly and its game over. Like, back to the title screen.

FF12 did a lot of things wrong, but it also did a lot of things right that made the game fun to play for a really long time. I put about 400 hours into my first save file. FF15 did a lot of things wrong, time will tell how much content they add to extend its lifespan, but I don't see as much time being put into it as past titles. And I'm not paying for content. No Season Pass for me.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-14 11:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Gilgamesh will be making a return to Final Fantasy once again in an upcoming piece of DLC for Final Fantasy XV.

According to VG24/7, a new special edition book sent to some YouTubers contains information regarding the first piece of DLC, entitled Episode Gladiolus.

Final Fantasy XV's DLC producer Haruyoshi Sawatari said in the book: "The player confronts an enemy called Gilgamesh, who can only be seen in Episode Gladio." In addition, he comments that "in Episode Gladio, you're able to go into areas that cannot be entered in the main game."

We expect the episode to take place amidst the main game's storyline - for those who have played through, one section stands out as a point in the narrative where Episode Gladiolus could occur. If that is the case, it's not clear how Square Enix will handle sending players back to this point of the game.
By Ackeron 2016-12-14 12:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why all the Iggy hate, Prompto was worthless the whole trip.

Ignis at least had good abilities. Promptos abilities were crap. I can take a picture! Only good thing is his grav thingy cause it is non-elemental and groups stuff up for explosions.
By Viciouss 2016-12-14 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't like either of them.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-14 12:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Idk why all the Iggy hate, Prompto was worthless the whole trip.

Ignis at least had good abilities. Promptos abilities were crap. I can take a picture! Only good thing is his grav thingy cause it is non-elemental and groups stuff up for explosions.
Prompto has good link attacks but he does tend to get killed a lot... I gave him the adamant bracelet to fix that. I never really have issues with Ignis dying personally so I don't really get the hate either.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-15 05:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-15 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just beat the game last night and I would like to counter some of your points Kalila, especially with your rating on the villians.

Chapter 13

Story Rating:

My personal Story rating 7.5/10 (May get better with DLC)

Spoilers:

Villain Rating:

For me: Villains: 8/10

More spoils:

In terms of emotional story telling this game is easily in the top 5 for the FF series for myself. It lacks in other areas though, such as the un-epicness of the story fights. Seriously the Levi fight and final fight... like wtf were they thinking.

Quote:
Weapons: 2/10

I just wanted to agree with this rating. The Royal Arms and the RoL were all disappointing. You get very few weapons one of the best swords is available extremely early in the game. They could have done this a lot better.

Everyone will have different opinions but I think hearing multiples opinions is always a good thing.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-15 10:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Ignis and Prompto have the best techs for harder fights. They also have the best passive skills. No idea why anyone would think anything other.

I get that they are both hard to keep alive, but that is why you have accessories.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-15 10:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
The Royal Arms and the RoL were all disappointing.
Some of them aren't that great but most of them have some gimmik to them which makes up for the lower attack power than some standard weapons. The mace for example gets a bonus to breaking parts of enemies, the tridant has a very strong warp attack (especailly if it's a relatively stationary enemy for the clones to keep hitting), the scepter uses magic in your damage calculation and so on. They're tricky to make good use of but much stronger than the first glance at their attack power leads to believe.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 54 55 56