Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 54 55 56
By eliroo 2016-12-15 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just felt like they drained to much HP, making them harder to use early on. I don't even feel like they were strong enough to justify them draining HP period.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 11:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Villain Rating:

For me: Villains: 8/10

More spoils:
I do think he was a good, if not great main villain. There was a lot of emotion involved around him and the story, and he did his job well even if the final battle had absolutely no challenge to it, you could've most likely been able to hold nothing but circle the entire time and still defeated him.

The reason I gave it a 2, and still, is just my opinion, so I'm not really countering your score, just explaining why I gave it such a low score, was that the other villains were very weak. Extremely weak, not by physical or mental strength, but by character building and development, and there were very few additional villain characters at that. The whole threat to the story wasn't really pointed at until halfway or so through the game, besides the random airship drops of robots attacking you.

To me it was a very poor villain experience, the group of characters under the villain category not just the main bad guy. I craved so much more, for the story to show me characters that are against me, and it felt like I was just following the motions.

Part of that is the story issues, it's not a very strong story. I'm not talking about the material, but the strength and foundation of the story itself and parts that make up it. My concerns were based mainly around this lack of strength, and how it felt like everything was strung together at the last moment to finally push this game out.

Which makes no sense... considering they put the effort into making a movie and an animated series, along with other things outside of the game. Also, my opinion of the game ignored these outside sources, as I refuse to contribute outside sources towards the final gaming experience. The vital information provided in those outside sources needs to be inside of the game as well, because there are going to be people who will not watch them.

With the game and shows together they make a more clear picture of everything, but the game can't be held up by outside material, in my opinion, and that is why I gave the story such a low score.

Anyways, I'm glad others are sharing their experiences and opinions as well. I don't believe my opinion is the right one to have, it's just the only one I have for myself. To me, those opinion scores represent how I felt about those aspects of the game, and just the game itself.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 11:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say though, the lore and backstory behind everything is really interesting once you capture the entire experience. I just think the game went about it poorly. Again, just my opinion.
By eliroo 2016-12-15 11:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
The reason I gave it a 2, and still, is just my opinion, so I'm not really countering your score, just explaining why I gave it such a low score, was that the other villains were very weak. Extremely weak, not by physical or mental strength, but by character building and development, and there were very few additional villain characters at that. The whole threat to the story wasn't really pointed at until halfway or so through the game, besides the random airship drops of robots attacking you.

Yea, I definitely agree with you there. I think my rating just put a heavier slant on the main villain. All of the other villains in the game just fell through and eventually became non-existant.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-15 11:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember guys FF is known for "epic" villains the likes of Seymour, Vayne, Exdeath, Barthandelus and Ultimecia.

Let's just say it's not always been the best feature...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 11:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuja5evur
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 11:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I definitely agree. When it comes to main villains, ignoring storytelling faults, I think he's a strong one. Like I said in my original post, I considered him like Kefka. They even mentioned Ardyn as the jester or something along those lines in the game near the end.

I wasn't really disappointed with Ardyn, I don't agree with the interview saying that the XV villain will the the strongest villain yet, because I think there are better. I personally wouldn't want to rank him anywhere because my memory isn't that great, and to be honest, I have forgot some of the villains in FF games even though I've played all the main titled series games.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The vital information provided in those outside sources needs to be inside of the game as well, because there are going to be people who will not watch them.

Even if it has been mentioned in an outside source it should always be mentioned again in the game, for those who didn't read/watch w/e it was. It's like having some backstory in the manual in the old days but they always included it in the game itself (because who reads manuals anyway? I did)
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 11:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I DID :D

I would read them, if not skim through them before I hit start to play the game with the title screen up.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 11:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the character bios for games at least, gameplay stuff I didn't bother with
By eliroo 2016-12-15 11:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't really disappointed with Ardyn, I don't agree with the interview saying that the XV villain will the the strongest villain yet

IMO, he is definitely close but Kefka trumps him. I think if we ever get a FF6 remake with full voices and 3D animation, Kefka would probably end up being the best villain in any game.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 11:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I'd want a remake of 6, might completely ruin the game. Same with 9, a remake likely wouldn't capture the charm the game had
By eliroo 2016-12-15 11:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE could do it. Let's judge the remake of FF7 first.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 11:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 7 and 8 are easier to remake in modern graphics just because of the character design and the style of the game itself
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-15 11:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

C. Ballad is probably my top villain.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-15 11:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
The only thing that made sense in a trainwreck of a game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If they do end up making a 16 I'd want something more like 1-6/9 instead of futuristic
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-12-15 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I don't think I'd want a remake of 6, might completely ruin the game. Same with 9, a remake likely wouldn't capture the charm the game had

Assuming that they follow some of their recent trends, don't you think that the remakes of these would a) focus tons of resources on graphics b) focus tons of resources on some new & ambitious action-oriented rather than turn-based battle system, c) focus on making the world map as gorgeous as possible. Both a, b, & c would take away from their time spent on the character & storytelling elements, b would certainly meddle with the game in one way or another, and c would be interesting. In FF15 it left us with a huge and empty landscape full of invisible walls and devoid but as a remake they'd be forced to create a enormous worldmap.
If they detail it like they did FF15's then it would 1) require too many man hours/gigabytes to create 2) interfere with the free-travel of the airships that were in the original game. I wonder how well they would end up handling c.

Square Enix seems to be mostly about eye candy lately and we get left with very little actual story substance and often a linear story arc plus the traditional, turn-based fans get neglected. I hope that their game development focus gets aligned with the one that existed in the 90s and early 00's soon - I kinda feel like a group of young, foolishly action gameplay-oriented, and graphics-oriented kids took over the company concerning ff13, 14, and 15 at the cost of the old & impeccable turn-based & story charm that the company used to harness. If this doesn't change then, though I very well still may partially like some of the new games that they make, they won't be my favorite game company in regards to new games.

Edit: the first paragraph has been heavily edited since you quoted it Drac. Also, I was hoping for a miniature conversation on these matters but given your one-liner reply it looks like it's might not happen, lol. /sigh.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

RolandJ said: »
Assuming that they follow some of their recent trends, don't you think that the remakes of these would a) focus tons of resources on graphics b) focus tons of resources on some new & ambitious action-oriented rather than turn-based battle system, c) focus on making the world map as gorgeous as possible. Both a, b, & c would take away from their time spent on the character & storytelling elements, b would certainly meddle with the game in one way or another, and c would leave us with a huge and empty landscape full of invisible walls much like FFXV's.

If it's a remake they already have the characters and storytelling elements done lol
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 12:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked Ardyn's story a bit, backstory anyways.

So interesting, at least to me.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked Ardyn's story a bit, backstory anyways.

VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 12:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, flying is pretty fun, and I accomplished to destroy my car instantly by trying to fly under the arches.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-15 12:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you do the dungeon you can only reach by flying yet?
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 12:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried landing on the runway, crashed and burned.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-15 12:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried landing on the runway, crashed and burned.
Well, you said you wanted a challenge.
By Viciouss 2016-12-15 12:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, flying is pretty fun, and I accomplished to destroy my car instantly by trying to fly under the arches.

The novelty wore off quick for me
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 12:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

PERFECT LANDING!!!
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-15 13:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
The only thing that made sense in a trainwreck of a game.

I was gunna say this. He was the only reason I could bring myself to beat the game. His VA was amazing too, really sold the character.
By eliroo 2016-12-15 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

His use of the phrase "Allowance" when he tossed them the coin is really interesting. I completely forgot about that.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-15 14:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally beat the final training with no magic. Ignis stop trying to be the healer :\!
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 54 55 56