"Gamer Steals Virtual Money To Pay For Real Life Debts."

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » "Gamer steals Virtual Money to pay for real life debts."
"Gamer steals Virtual Money to pay for real life debts."
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

well, I guess he's the one that got caught, he should have taken a page from those piracy guilds lol
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 16:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that game gets deep in it, there's spies and ***, people join guild for months, build up trust, then turn on their guild members, assassinate a few peeps, steal their banks, hijack their cargo and dip out, etc...

Plus, there's just one BIG server that everyone plays on, so there's no way to really server hop...eventually people get a bad name for themselves and HAVE to join a pirate guild cause no one else will take them ^^
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, I bet that "Freak Out" kid plays that game too, I can totally see him smashing his head into the computer screen
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 16:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell yeah, think of how many remotes he'll shove up his *** playing Eve!
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
Server: Bahamut
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-07-06 16:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i know this one isn't going to go over too well, but yeah, he pissed off a ***load of PLAYERS. its not like the poor SoB went out and killed 3 people robbing a bank or a liquor store. if he really had to get that money, he really found the lesser of 2 evils. whats done is done. something that could have ruined many real lives only inconvenienced virtual people.... so oooo, you don't get that upgraded armor as soon as you hoped. if you don't want people stealing your game ***then keep it under your bed, or don't play if you don't like that something can happen cuz of "a flaw in the game system". really, it's a game. if you put soo much into it that you feel someone should be murdered cuz they wanna buy coin for w/e reason or they farm soo much that they can make an extra buck sell their overflow, then dude, you're doing it wrong. the people who do that don't care what you think and no amount of Soap Boxing is gonna change that BS. the best we can do is hope that the Special Task Force can put out the fires as they come up.

anyway, that broke down into something i wasn't expecting. that last part was general and not aimed towards anyone.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

THATS WHAT HE SAID!
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-07-06 16:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
THATS WHAT HE SAID!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

IIRC people have been ganked IRL over Eve shenanigans gone wrong. Lot of hardcore wackos out there on the ol interwebs...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 17:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

buncha hardcore wackos here too, they truly think their virtual life is more important.

THAT'S PATHETIC!
 Asura.Kyofooyo
Server: Asura
user: Kyofooyo
By Asura.Kyofooyo 2009-07-06 18:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

just adding to the people who were talking about how much he SHOULD have made. he wasn't playing FFXI, so Brogame wouldn't offer $13 or how much per million. their currency is different value, so would pay much less.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 19:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

VIRTUAL MONEY FTW!
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-07-06 20:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
Kungfuhustle said:
thats why I won't marry someone with debt, I don't need the extra ***.

for some reason that made me lol, if thats you in your avatar i wouldnt be so picky

lmao

If that was indeed him in his avatar, I'd marry him.. Could bet he didn't have debt.. And that he'd be pretty funny, too.. Similarly, that's me, in my avatar. Sexy, huh?

As for EVE.. It's always been my understanding that the game's motto was along the lines of.. "Do whatever the hell you'd like.." Obviously, not against the ToS, but anything you can get away with up until that point, theft, betrayal, blah blah, you're good to go.. That's why this guy, who had built up a good reputation, was able to access so many credits that didn't belong to him, and thus, screw them over.. So, did he steal? Yep.. So does the general population of EVE..
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 21:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never even heard of Eve till this article, but it sounds like a real twisted game...