Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » armour shatterer
armour shatterer
First Page 2 3
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-05-28 17:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i just got my alternator and so far have been very impressed with the numbers i have seen so far from this ws, was just wondering how i can increase these numbers even further for more dmg!!! averaging between 3-4k atm but ranged skill is slow to level even with percolator. what kind of numbers are yall seeing?
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-28 18:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly, attuner and drum mag will help, flame holder will increase ws dmg, optic fiber to increase attachment effectiveness, cirque earring, AF1+1 hands. one fire manu. with two wind will maximize the effect of flame holder while still ensuring the auto will use armor shatterer in lieu of arcuballista.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-05-28 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

oh... i used 1 fire manu and 2 wind manu yesterday and it only did arcubalista so i stopped that set up and went back to 1 fire and 1 wind manu, and the increase in dmg from flame holder with only 1 fire manu up was around 400 dmg not very impressive i want 5k dmg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-05-28 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, it's official. Alternator is the new Ragnarok bandwagon.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 18:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said: »
oh... i used 1 fire manu and 2 wind manu yesterday and it only did arcubalista so i stopped that set up and went back to 1 fire and 1 wind manu, and the increase in dmg from flame holder with only 1 fire manu up was around 400 dmg not very impressive i want 5k dmg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 fire 2 wind forces AS not Arcuballista.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-05-28 18:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yea well maybe barrage took down my wind right before he used it damn u barrage! but ur so nice dmg :)
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-28 18:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yea well maybe barrage took down my wind right before he used it damn u barrage! but ur so nice dmg :)

Yeah 1 fire 1 wind still does AS your barrage must have removed wind to get the other.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-28 18:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap yo skillz.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-28 18:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 1 or 2 from cap +full merits (not exactly sure what it's at) and I'm doing 3-6k depending on mob, w/o flame holder, necklace, or af1+1 hands. Barrages land around 1-3k, and pleeb has your avatar changed like 3 times in the past 2 weeks or am is it just forcing me to have flashbacks?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 18:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »
I'm 1 or 2 from cap +full merits (not exactly sure what it's at) and I'm doing 3-6k depending on mob, w/o flame holder, necklace, or af1+1 hands. Barrages land around 1-3k, and pleeb has your avatar changed like 3 times in the past 2 weeks or am is it just forcing me to have flashbacks?

What necklace are you talking about? And I don't think AF+1 hands give more per manuever over AF hands NQ. and 6k? on what? piercing weak mobs that are level 75 or below? Can't on delve content without flame holder can it? Hell even with flame holder I'd really doubt you'd see 6k AS. Got pics of that dmg?
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-05-28 19:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried it on a vt mob the dmg from AS is the same with 2 wind and 1 fire no difference so.... not sure how that is making it better i think u mean 2 fire and 1 wind with flame holder now that is making a diffrence
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-05-28 19:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

nope scratch that 2 fire 1 wind makes arublista or w/e it spelled
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 19:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried it on a vt mob the dmg from AS is the same with 2 wind and 1 fire no difference so.... not sure how that is making it better i think u mean 2 fire and 1 wind with flame holder now that is making a diffrence

Flame holder adds a lot of dmg with 1 fire and at least 1 wind maneuver up. The wind maneuver forces your auto to use Armor Shatterer and the fire manever is used to increase the dmg with flame holder. It's as simple as that. 1 fire + at least 1 wind will force AS and it will be boosted by the 1 fire maneuver.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-05-28 19:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yea on vt mobs im seeing an incrase of about 400 dmg so that's not really a lot but every little bit helps i guess 1 wind 1 fire btw
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could use Inhibitor + Flame Holder if you are soloing and use Stringing Pummel with 3 Fire Maneuvers up and you will see some really big damage from AS.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 21:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »
Or you could use Inhibitor + Flame Holder if you are soloing and use Stringing Pummel with 3 Fire Maneuvers up and you will see some really big damage from AS.

I don't mess with inhibitor much, but won't that still force Acruballista? I always felt inhibitor was kind of a waste of tp, since you can fire off a lot of *** in the time it takes to SC properly. Also with inhibitor you can't AS >> tact switch >> AS, can you?

yea on vt mobs im seeing an incrase of about 400 dmg so that's not really a lot but every little bit helps i guess 1 wind 1 fire btw

I'd say +400 dmg for just having 1 fire maneuver up, when there isn't a better piece to fill that auto slot anyways is a damn fine increase. What else would you use that would increase your damage by THAT much for so little effort?
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 21:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I don't mess with inhibitor much, but won't that still force Acruballista? I always felt inhibitor was kind of a waste of tp, since you can fire off a lot of *** in the time it takes to SC properly. Also with inhibitor you can't AS >> tact switch >> AS, can you?

With inhibitor on, Stringing Pummel will force AS and if you are in Delve the worst you are probably going to see is daze which still does 1700+ consistently, but most of the time Sharpshot is going to SC with AS and that will do 3300-4k+ depending on the amount of Fire Maneuvers you have up. You are basically guaranteed SC damage every time he fires one off, adding to your total damage. As far as tactical switch is concerned, you can just wait for him to SC off another player and then tactical switch for AS or another SC.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 21:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With inhibitor on, Stringing Pummel will force AS and if you are in Delve the worst you are probably going to see is daze which still does 1700+ consistently, but most of the time Sharpshot is going to SC with AS and that will do 3300-4k+ depending on the amount of Fire Maneuvers you have up. You are basically guaranteed SC damage every time he fires one off, adding to your total damage. As far as tactical switch is concerned, you can just wait for him to SC off another player and then tactical switch for AS or another SC.

That's a fair point. You lose one of your tension springs though, and you have to wait on SCs at that point though for the Tact Switch thing. I realize it's usually not THAT big of a wait, but it's amounting to holding back to a degree. And I would hate to hit a 1700 Daze when I know I could be spamming a WS that does twice that and can still SC.

But I see how your inhibitor style could work. I'd have to try it one or two good times myself to really judge.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 21:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You really should if nothing else just give it a shot, I use it for delve now and farming in morimar and just plow through mobs. And the 1700 daze are easily made up for by all the SC damage you will do throughout the fight. You will easily be seeing more damage from your auto. And it pisses SAM's off to steal their SC's lol.

EDIT: Don't forget heatsink if you are going to be spamming fire.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 21:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use and recommend heat sink in every automaton set up, no matter what you're doing :P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 22:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I use and recommend heat sink in every automaton set up, no matter what you're doing :P

Yeah I guess that goes without saying, even more so now with Alternator and there being so much more emphasis on the puppets damage. I have been using Flame Holder, Tension Spring II, Strobe and Inhibitor for fire attachments, drum mag, turbo and barrage turbine, coiler, galvanizer, Armor Plate II, Optic Fiber and Heatsink. Strobe I trade out depending on the situation.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 22:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are a lot of staples I use for sharp shot, though I pretty much always find a way to use flash bulb, since it's uses benefit everybody taking dmg really.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-28 22:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said: »

Last time I was on I did a /sea all pup and there was over 200. I cried knowing full well it was only that much because of Alternator.
[+]
By Balias 2013-05-28 22:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks I can't find the time to play, have a lot of catching up to do. I love playing pup and this new animator just makes me drool.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2013-05-28 23:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

Last time I was on I did a /sea all pup and there was over 200. I cried knowing full well it was only that much because of Alternator.
I cry even more when most of them don't know how to properly gear/play PUP.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 23:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »

full AF3+1 with a blithe mantle + alternator isn't the way to go? Damn....
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2013-05-28 23:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. I mainly mean the PUPs that TP with Thurandaut gear.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 23:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. I mainly mean the PUPs that TP with Thurandaut gear.

That haste+5 on the body goes hard :P
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-29 01:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »

What necklace are you talking about? And I don't think AF+1 hands give more per manuever over AF hands NQ. and 6k? on what? piercing weak mobs that are level 75 or below? Can't on delve content without flame holder can it? Hell even with flame holder I'd really doubt you'd see 6k AS. Got pics of that dmg?

meant cirque earring, and yea af1+1 may not, i guess someone could test. it wasnt fodder, but it wasnt a delve mob either. iirc it was either a sky mob or one of the EMish mobs in the maze. The latter makes sense, as it was probably one of the bats. It was probably just a fluke spike, as I dont think ive ever got quite that high ever again on anything else, but lately ive been focusing on just seeing what the auto can solo, so Ive been playing around with all the attachments and finding optimal setups for various mobs. Not really been focused on pure offense.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-29 02:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I guess that goes without saying, even more so now with Alternator and there being so much more emphasis on the puppets damage. I have been using Flame Holder, Tension Spring II, Strobe and Inhibitor for fire attachments, drum mag, turbo and barrage turbine, coiler, galvanizer, Armor Plate II, Optic Fiber and Heatsink. Strobe I trade out depending on the situation.

I strongly and absolutely recommend against any offensive attachment which consumes maneuvers in any situation where the master will be engaged except for extremely rare circumstances involving Heat Capacitor
First Page 2 3