Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-28 02:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Nemetona gets beaten by Thurandaut

Only if you need more accuracy >.>

People need to be making 2 gear sets now, one for acc and one for atk.

PUP is sitting around dat dDEX range for most things and Nemetona just isn't going to win =X
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-28 02:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

(In this case you can push Pummel Damage up on the right to 3012 by switching to Prosilio - Wanion vs Prosilio is situational depending on target and the rest of your gear)
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
Server: Sylph
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-05-28 10:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was about to say use Prosilio, too. :P
Also Ghillie +1 beat Brutal I think. All about getting ATK up.
And Spiral & Rajas, not Epona.

I'll relook at how I got to nemetona over thur later when I get home from work.

EDIT: Just real quick, no screen shots, but I still got Nemetona winning. On 102 Chapuli, using Sushi & double Madrigal (no editing of mob data), Nemetona 208.829, Thur 208.162. Very minor, but still. :P

That setup is using Toci's, mustela, spiral/rajas, prosilio, maniboz legs, thaum feet. No luck with Meebles or those damn caturae for me....
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 15:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been kind of curious what sets people were using for Pummel in the new content. I still see a lot of pups with Rigor that are NOT using gear swaps at all and their Pummel and SS numbers were matching or losing to the numbers I was getting while still using Vereth. This is set I'm currently using. Working on making modifications to it, but for now it seems to work really well. I'm using Thura body over Toci's since I'm also using prosilio.

ItemSet 281545

Numbers with this set in delve seem to be very consistent which is really nice.

Quick Edit: There are some things I just haven't gotten around to getting access to and now it seems even harder, I.E. Prov watcher. I've been slowly working on delve for Matanca which would be a really nice addition to this setup.

Double Edit: Made a few modifications to this set. Acc is a lot higher now than it was before. Maybe this will make a difference.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't imagine how that would give consistent results in Delve. Your accuracy has to be atrocious
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 15:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
I can't imagine how that would give consistent results in Delve. Your accuracy has to be atrocious

Works great with sole +1
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-28 15:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »
I've always been kind of curious what sets people were using for Pummel in the new content. I still see a lot of pups with Rigor that are NOT using gear swaps at all and their Pummel and SS numbers were matching or losing to the numbers I was getting while still using Vereth. This is set I'm currently using. Working on making modifications to it, but for now it seems to work really well. I'm using Thura body over Toci's since I'm also using prosilio.

ItemSet 281545

Quick Edit: There are some things I just haven't gotten around to getting access to and now it seems even harder, I.E. Prov watcher. I've been slowly working on delve for Matanca which would be a really nice addition to this setup.

Why would you not use brutal + moonshade? Or Rajas for the str and dex? And why those boots? Vit mod only? Kind of limited when STR mod also gives attack which we desperately need, no?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-28 15:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Works great with sole +1

With Madrigal, sure. You're not capping otherwise.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 15:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

ItemSet 281545

Why would you not use brutal + moonshade? Or Rajas for the str and dex? And why those boots? Vit mod only? Kind of limited when STR mod also gives attack which we desperately need, no?

I don't have brutal or moonshade or rajas, I don't get a lot of time to play, only a couple hours a night if I'm lucky, and I'm usually working on stuff with friends or doing delve, just never got around to it that's all. And I was using cirque boots but I switched them out for thura to try them and didn't really notice any difference so I left them. I work with what I have.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-28 15:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's a big improvement which is very easy to achieve. You can solo all missions, go get those fundamental pieces.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-28 15:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I've made some tweaks to my Pummel build:

ItemSet 270441

I'm still debating on using Athos's gloves though...

Side note: Due to the extremely lame cinder prices on my server at the moment, there is very little chance that my Verethragna will exceed level 90 in the foreseeable future. I know that Shijin Spiral will almost definitely destroy Pummel, but I'm maxed out on WS merits already, and I'm not really trying to 1/5 anything, though one day I may have to... but until that day comes, I'll be focusing on Stringing Pummel.

EDIT: My Moonshade is already in use for mage jobs and DRK/PLD idle sets... It's just too hard to ignore refresh in that slot.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 15:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
But it's a big improvement which is very easy to achieve. You can solo all missions, go get those fundamental pieces.

I know, It's actually the next thing on my list since I got Alternator and Rigor out of the way, I just need to buckle down and do it. I have a new baby at home so it's harder and harder to find time to do quests and missions. It will happen at some point, just a matter of time that's all.

EDIT: Going to go back to Cirque+2 feet though for pummel for now for the acc.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-05-28 16:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Works great with sole +1

With Madrigal, sure. You're not capping otherwise.

How much acc in a ws set is it gonna take to cap out in delve with Sole +1?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-28 16:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have access to sea yet? Could use ele gorget in case.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-05-29 00:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
(In this case you can push Pummel Damage up on the right to 3012 by switching to Prosilio - Wanion vs Prosilio is situational depending on target and the rest of your gear)

Is prosilio the only good option if you don't have wanion?

I can't bring myself to put prosilio and brutal in the same set.
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-05-29 01:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ele belts work well, especially if your doing new content where you will need acc
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-05-29 02:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

An alt set if you can't get Metanca body from meebles.

ItemSet 302475
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-29 11:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seriously having a hard time seeing how 1% DA on omodaka sune-ate is beating all of that attack and such on the Mani boots when upgraded. Can anybody math the two out for me and show me the actual difference in DPS?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-29 11:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Manibozho boots should win by a landslide *if* they are properly ranked up. I would say at least rank 10 or higher to beat Omodaka. The Acc/att and STR from Manibozho Boots outclasses the Omodaka Sune-ate by leaps and bounds.

Pummel is a 6 hit WS, so the DA procs are going to be extremely limited and almost unnecessary when compared to the amount of attack and accuracy you gain, which makes that 1% DA difference a moot point.

Currently in my set, I use Soil Belt and gorget in the neck/waist slot, and Thurandaut Boots and Thaumas Gloves in the hand/foot slots to balance out my STR/VIT slots, unless I am desperate for acc - which I'm not usually in dire need of. I'll post my current ws set once I get back to town.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-29 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to "balance" str/vit, str is better unless a piece has both or a substantial higher amount of vit.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-29 11:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I thought (in regards to the boots), but why so much vit? I realize it's a mod, but again aren't we like really attack starved to the point we need to just load up the STR mod anyways? That's why we use Prosilio, no? I have both pros and Wanion, but I usually just use Prosilio.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-29 12:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest point to using Prosilio is the att+25, while the STR is a nice push. I've seen higher, more consistent numbers with the VIT pieces in my set, than the STR alone, and really, they are the only 2 vit pieces I use, since Pummel is a 32/32% STR/VIT modded ws.

I don't have Omodaka feet to use, and my Manibozho boots aren't up to par for ws levels yet.

Here's my current ws set:
ItemSet 289088

Edit: Yes, I know I need to make some changes to my gearset in the earring and ring slots. This is just what I have right now, since i'm still hoping to get the Meebles Clear for Batallia Downs, and pick up a Candent Ring
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-29 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you parse both sets or are you just eyeballing the vit mod being "more consistent"?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-29 12:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had people run parses for me in Delve from PUGs and LS runs, and they're pretty consistent. Next time I get a chance, i'll have someone parse and send me the pics just to be sure.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-29 12:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I've had people run parses for me in Delve from PUGs and LS runs, and they're pretty consistent. Next time I get a chance, i'll have someone parse and send me the pics just to be sure.

I ask simply because it doesn't make any sense to me, considering your waist option as well. You're missing a good, 50 or so attack without using prosilio, a high str hand option and shoes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-29 12:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mustela are an easy upgrade for hands. Don't have moonshade to pair with brutal?
[+]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-05-29 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest point to using Prosilio is the att+25, while the STR is a nice push. I've seen higher, more consistent numbers with the VIT pieces in my set, than the STR alone, and really, they are the only 2 vit pieces I use, since Pummel is a 32/32% STR/VIT modded ws.

I don't have Omodaka feet to use, and my Manibozho boots aren't up to par for ws levels yet.

Here's my current ws set:
ItemSet 289088

Edit: Yes, I know I need to make some changes to my gearset in the earring and ring slots. This is just what I have right now, since i'm still hoping to get the Meebles Clear for Batallia Downs, and pick up a Candent Ring

If i remeber correctly Cirque+2 beats Thurandaut Fett on Delve Fodde
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-29 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately I don't have Moonshade, since it was a line of missions I never really got into. Blah blah blah, I know I should go do it etc. Brutal Earring I do have.

Even if I am missing at least 50 attack from using VIT in those slots currently, since we've only recently begun to re-evaluate how Stringing Pummels works through various pup threads since Seekers of Adoulin came out, missing a huge part of a modifier, for which pup is starved on both, more so with VIT than STR/Attack, to me it made sense to cover the VIT mod partially. I originally had a pure STR/Attack set for pummel, but it didn't do quite as well without the other mod in the mix.

It was essentially the same thing for Ascetic's Fury, and to a lesser extent, Asuran Fists. Also, my plan for my pup, is to get my boots to rank 15, or at the very least, find people interested enough to get me into salvage, so I can farm the plans I need. I've had a serious dry spell with Salvage lately, and ***luck finishing the set i'm currently working on.

Cirque +2 only beat Thurandaut in situations where you needed the acc+12. Otherwise, the VIT+14 *should* beat the STR+8.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-05-29 13:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to be forgetting the dex on cirque and with SoA mobs you will be needing the acc.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-29 13:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if I am missing at least 50 attack from using VIT in those slots currently, since we've only recently begun to re-evaluate how Stringing Pummels works through various pup threads since Seekers of Adoulin came out, missing a huge part of a modifier, for which pup is starved on both, more so with VIT than STR/Attack, to me it made sense to cover the VIT mod partially. I originally had a pure STR/Attack set for pummel, but it didn't do quite as well without the other mod in the mix.

I'm not sure testing is needed to see that the vit mod is mainly moot (again to my understanding) on something like pummel when the str is weighed so much heavier (due to being a mod and helping with attack and such), and you can stack a lot of str in places you can't stack a ton of vit.