Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered
Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Quiznor 2013-10-10 08:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It was announced today that it'll be released in japan on december 26th. No NA/EU dates confirmed yet.

Squeenix are a *** joke
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-12-16 13:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed for March 18th for PS3 and Vita.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-12-16 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI why does it have to be in the middle of tax season?!?!?!
 Quetzalcoatl.Expendable
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mikira
By Quetzalcoatl.Expendable 2013-12-16 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I love FFX and would totally buy it for my Vita -- FFX-2... never really beaten it XD
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-12-16 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait till the summer it will be 15 bucks, just like 13-3.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2013-12-16 13:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

IMHO, FFX-2 seemed like a really cheesy chick flick. I tolerated it for as long as I could, but gave up after a while.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-12-16 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The story is trash, skip all the cutscenes and just kill ***, it's tolerable that way.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-11 18:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Outsells Lightning Returns Life-To-Date Sales In Japan In Just Two Weeks
BY KHURRAM IMTIAZ - JANUARY, 8TH 2014

Earlier, we reported how Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster has outsold the debut week sales of Lightning Returns. Now it appears that the game has surpassed the life-to-date sales of Lightning Returns in Japan in just two weeks.

Lightning Returns XIII was the third entry in the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, it was released on November 28th, 2013 in Japan. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster was released on 26th December, 2013 for both PlayStation 3 and the VITA and it seems like in just two weeks, Lightning Returns has been outsold by Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster.

According to latest sales number by Weekly Famitsu in Japan, Final Fantasy X/X-2 sold 50k units on PlayStation 3 and 35k units on PlayStation VITA in its second week. This brings the combined total sales on both platforms to 402k units. Adding the known sales of the individual releases of Final Fantasy X HD(Not counting X-2) on VITA, which is 22k in its debut week, we can safely assume that Lightning Returns – whose last known sales figure puts it below 400k units – has been outsold by Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-01-11 18:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, who'd have guessed. that's even with the whole FFX 2.5 fiasco

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-11 21:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That and they are including another full game for free, which despite its infinite shortcomings, has a good battle system.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-11 21:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A few of those jobs were fun. Very few.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-11 21:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Because FFX was a masterpiece
What? It was a railroad with virtually no side objectives and carbon-copy characters. The only thing that took any amount of time was collecting the final weapons and, on that note, almost all gear in the game was negligible. Since it was all random, customizable, and lacking in base stats, I just used whatever for 95% of the game. It was incredibly boring. And Tidus was awful as the focus.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-11 21:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

FFX did suffer from a linear path and a lack of fun sidequests, I'm not touching Blitzball, some people loved it, some people didn't. But I liked the Overdrives and Summons WAY BETTER than XII's equivalent, both of which were worthless in almost no time at all.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-11 21:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
That and they are including another full game for free, which despite its infinite shortcomings, has a good battle system.

I didn't like X-2 battle system included. At least it was not XII's though.
As much as I HATE X-2 with a passion, the battle system for it was very well done from what I remember. Not the best by any means, but one of the top 5 or so, for FF anyways.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-11 22:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FFX did suffer from a linear path and a lack of fun sidequests, I'm not touching Blitzball, some people loved it, some people didn't. But I liked the Overdrives and Summons WAY BETTER than XII's equivalent, both of which were worthless in almost no time at all.
I'll agree with you in regards to Overdrives. I literally never used Yuna's Summons, though, except when the plot forced me to. It's not that they were bad but more that, like FFXII's, I just never had a use for them in the few situations where they might shine.

I do like FFX's battle system. FFX-2 was way too frenetic for my tastes and made it a real chore to sort through menus to find the ability you want while the enemies continue to pound on you. FFX with its ability to change up the shape of battle made things a lot more enjoyable for me, especially when dealing with bosses that had a set pattern and you needed to choose abilities carefully. Really, the combat system is probably what I'd praise highest about FFX, though I've heard a lot of people claim the opposite.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-01-11 22:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuna's summons had the most overpowered Overdrives in the game. If you stored them up you could kill most bosses without your party even taking damage. If anything, Aeons were too powerful. (especially since a lot of them break damage cap well before anyone in your party actually can)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-01-11 22:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FFX has to be one of favorite games I also loved X-2 besides the 100% story completion thing and the storys being in chapters where dumb but other wise I liked it I did get 100% back in the day going to be anoying to do that again though because catnip accsesorie is being nerfed
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-11 22:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I'll agree with you in regards to Overdrives. I literally never used Yuna's Summons, though, except when the plot forced me to. It's not that they were bad but more that, like FFXII's, I just never had a use for them in the few situations where they might shine.

You missed out then, they leveled with you, and were viable from start to finish, not to mention some of them were great. I loved getting free Zanmatos. If you were underleveled, summons could be a boon. If you were overleveled, summons could end battles right away.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-11 22:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really cared for X-2. I got through the intro cs and first area before I couldn't take any more.

X was alright but I freaking hate Tidus and honestly didn't really like most of the rest of the cast either. Both the PC's and NPC's were full of unmemorable or annoying characters.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-11 22:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Both the PC's and NPC's were full of unmemorable or annoying characters.
Kimahri was silent, Wakka was annoying, and Rikku was tiring, but I loved Auron and Lulu. Even Seymour was somewhat interesting, until he became a recurring boss character and, thus, a complete joke. "Ha ha ha, you may have defeated me three times before, but you'll never defeat me now!" I think the story of Auron, Jecht, and Braska was fairly interesting, too, if only to serve as a parallel journey with a different end result. The clumsy way the Jecht-Tidus relationship was handled (not least because of who Tidus really is...) diminished his character, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-11 22:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats pretty much how I felt about the cast as well, except for Seymour, who should have just stayed dead.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-01-11 22:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

best NPC in the game
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-11 23:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Kimahri was silent, Wakka was annoying, and Rikku was tiring, but I loved Auron and Lulu. Even Seymour was somewhat interesting, until he became a recurring boss character and, thus, a complete joke. "Ha ha ha, you may have defeated me three times before, but you'll never defeat me now!" I think the story of Auron, Jecht, and Braska was fairly interesting, too, if only to serve as a parallel journey with a different end result. The clumsy way the Jecht-Tidus relationship was handled (not least because of who Tidus really is...) diminished his character, though.
I was okay by Auron and Lulu. But yeah, I think the game would have been better if they'd just done the story of the first sin encounter.
By sumo 2014-01-11 23:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed most of the characters. Tidus grated me a little bit but not too bad. I like how they all form a family like bond through the game. They all had uses and I enjoyed being able to swap characters during a fight. What I wished they would have done with Seymour is make him into a single boss fight, not a 4 fold joke. His character had what it took to be a final boss had they played it in that direction. Either way, it is a very close second to FFIX in my favorites.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-01-11 23:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk about false advertising when Tidus knocks that guy out of the Blitzball arena at the beginning of the game.

"Woah, this guy is a no nonsense ***."

Fast forward to awkward Yuna and Tidus laughing, Tidus crying, Tidus being an annoying twit.

"Can I please get that jerkoff from the start back? Please?"

I really did enjoy Zidane in IX...
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-11 23:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Zidane was earnest without being grating, carefree without being obnoxious. They balanced his character on a knife-edge and he didn't slip. He's honestly one of the best hero archetypes I've seen. He's not dragged down by existential angst (except that one part which provides one of the best tracks in FF history, so I'll forgive it), he's not a reluctant or uncertain hero, he's just out to have some fun and do some good. That he would give up happiness to try to save his brother, even after all they'd fought over, was proof of his devotion and heroism.

Come to it, the only hero I can think of off-hand who mirrors Zidane was Lion from FFXI. It's a shame she got so little screentime. I just know that he was a breath of fresh air after the brooding lords of VII and VIII.

I really don't get how some people can dislike FFIX. The art style complaints are so weak-sauce (though if you ever see the original art for Queen Brahne, you'll ask yourself why they made her look like a clown in the actual game).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-01-11 23:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FF9 was amazing, go Beatrix!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8