Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN All-in-one Hybrid Set
SMN All-in-one Hybrid Set
By Tphantom 2013-04-25 11:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Asura.Calinzt said: »
Here's my take on your absurd request:

ItemSet 298370
• Avatar Perpetuation Cost -8 (-9 if weather is present)
• Refresh +3 when not engaged; +4 if MP below 75% if you take Oneiros instead of Vox Grip
• +76 Summoning Magic Skill
• ~55 seconds of Perfect Defense (assuming full merits and capped skill)
• Blood Pact Delay -9
• Blood Pact Damage +10%
• Avatar Magic Attack Bonus +1 (+15 MAB on a crit when 1/5 on merit BP and +30 when 5/5; both assuming augmented AF2+2 feet)
• Blood Boon +10 (+10% to the base chance of BB proccing and reducing Blood Pact MP and increasing the dmg due to AF3 set bonus)
• Avatar TP Bonus +50% (applies only to magic Blood Pacts, increases damage proportionally with TP, the Regain effect of the neckpiece compliments this)
• Avatar: enhanced attack and accuracy - improve the physical aspect of the Blood Pacts

This is about as good as you can get with no macro swaps. Poor magic damage results, decent physical dmg results depending on gear procs. Neither should be relevant though considering not even the BP timer is capped. But at least PD duration should be pretty decent since the hard cap is going to be 60 eventually anyway (as announced by SE in their Perfect Defense adjustments post regarding 600 Summoning Magic Skill, which is currently unobtainable).
Without aiming to mess with PD at all, completely ignoring its existence, and with using the Trial Staves, is there a different set you would advise or still this set?
keep in mind this is a set for nirvana which adds +40 MAB to avatar magicak attack plus -8 perp cost to all avatars.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with your post, but in all honesty I feel as though I am doing no more or less work on her SMN than she is other than this thread, because everything else that has to do with the job she has to be there for otherwise I will not work on it and she knows this. Basically she can go off and do whatever but I already know not to let her just have me do the work, so I wont do any unless she is around, the only exception really is the kings, because of work and the fact they have such shitty spawns.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-04-25 11:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Macro's are hard yo'

the whole 2 mins it takes to make .txts for Auto-Exec? ain't nobody got time for that!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 11:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Macro's are hard yo'

the whole 2 mins it takes to make .txts for Auto-Exec? ain't nobody got time for that!
Reading is hard yo'

The whole 2 mins it takes to read the OP and notice its Xbox? ain't nobody got time for that!
[+]
By Tphantom 2013-04-25 11:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Macro's are hard yo'

umm i can tell you didnt read whole thread, maybe TLTR? she is on xbox, cant do PC now, so she needs one set that can help "play"the job... maybe if you read next time you can @ least say something useful.
By Tphantom 2013-04-25 11:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DJ let me know kings Spawn i might go help you if they happen on my time buddy.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 11:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tphantom said: »
DJ let me know kings Spawn i might go help you if they happen on my time buddy.
Yeah not doing that till later man, in either case talk to me about it in game, rather keep this thread on track as much as possible.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2013-08-18 18:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read through this entire forum, and not one person answered the F'n question! Using a combination of AF3+2 and AF2+2 you can make a decent non-macro set. Yes, as everyone has pointed out,it will not be nearly as effective with gear swaps, but for your Girlfriend, it will be enough to at-least keep her happy. You need to do a little work to unlock all the pieces you need, but it will be worth it imo. As for a weapon. Magian perp staff for whatever avatar she likes to use the most.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2013-08-18 18:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You clearly did not read the entire thread*
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Damnit
user: bignig
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-12-08 13:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This idea just got alot easier for you DJ since the upgrade on Nirvana, its completely broken now
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-08 14:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN needs a nuking set with nirvana now, so I'd say it got even worse!
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-08 14:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I call being in love is all about. Putting up with your gf's stubbornness and irrational logic. Props to you Demonjustice.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2013-12-08 15:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What with the new skirmish gear and I-level update to R/E/M, this might be an ok full time set:

ItemSet 316587

Although you should invest some time in teaching your GF (if she's still with you) how to use macros. Would make life so much easier and open up lots of opportunities, if you know what I mean ;)
 Phoenix.Damnit
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-12-08 15:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

not worse, just adds more uses then just throwing pets and running away.
Given the fact that going that route makes it more difficult for someone trying to do more then just utilizing pets to get a single solid gear set, but by the sounds of what Justin's GF uses the job for it makes it a bit easier. I doubt she is going to be using summoner as a nukeing job

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Damnit
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-12-08 20:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, and dont get me wrong, nuking is possible on smn now (not the best damage, but possible) but i personally will worry more about it when 1. Summoner is not so squishy and 2. when they have a move that sheds hate like snarl (yes i know BP:rage does pull hate off you, but the delay and animation make it very difficult to use in clutch situations)
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-08 21:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN with T1/T2 spam, proper support, and BP usage is actually very respectable as a source of magic damage. It allows you to deal much more damage than you previously could due to /sch and nirvana 119 nuking stats. You wouldn't use it in a situation that you have to avoid pulling hate completely, but it's a very nice addition to SMN. I don't think it's the fix SMN should have gotten, but it's huge from having to sit for 45s without being able to do damage again to spamming low cast time nukes for respectable damage.