[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 07:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
I plan to run all of this with 2 other friends, we are all making something, one making the DRG Mythic, one making the WHM, so its not like I'm running through it all alone or getting nothing. As for my Mythic, that shall be kept to myself since I'll just get more ***for it anyways, and I have had enough of that already here.
I've been working on a mythic for a year, from a time/gil investment perspective all mythics are 'bad'.
But you make one because you love the job, your girlfriend has that mindset right at least!

Why so secretive on your choice? Hmm you own an almace and an excal, and posts mostly in RDM forums... good luck on your Murgleis (props for loving RDM that much if thats what you are makin)
Yeah, true, but still, people give me ***for enough things already, if I can get told off for making my GF a weapon just imagine what I will get when I make myself a Mythic for a job no one wants in their party at all anymore?
By oldman 2013-04-25 07:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I a horrible person for thinking that the reason she won't use macros is that not using them will get her a free computer? Apologies if I'm wrong, but it sounded like you were going to buy her a computer just so she could play FFXI with spellcast...
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-25 07:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

oldman said: »
Am I a horrible person for thinking that the reason she won't use macros is that not using them will get her a free computer? Apologies if I'm wrong, but it sounded like you were going to buy her a computer just so she could play FFXI with spellcast...

Sounds like this has been going on well before he even thought of that option.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-04-25 07:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I plan to run all of this with 2 other friends, we are all making something, one making the DRG Mythic, one making the WHM, so its not like I'm running through it all alone or getting nothing. As for my Mythic, that shall be kept to myself since I'll just get more ***for it anyways, and I have had enough of that already here.
I've been working on a mythic for a year, from a time/gil investment perspective all mythics are 'bad'.
But you make one because you love the job, your girlfriend has that mindset right at least!

Why so secretive on your choice? Hmm you own an almace and an excal, and posts mostly in RDM forums... good luck on your Murgleis (props for loving RDM that much if thats what you are makin)
Yeah, true, but still, people give me ***for enough things already, if I can get told off for making my GF a weapon just imagine what I will get when I make myself a Mythic for a job no one wants in their party at all anymore?
This is ffxiah, where people drop knowledge like bricks (with bricks tied to it sometimes).
People are blunt, seriously for a forum where alot of people use windower+spellcast and guides go into great detail about situational gear and gearswaps, the original post could almost be seen as trolling by a majority of the populace.
So chill, we are scheduling an intervention for your no macro using girlfriend as we speak! :p
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-25 07:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, from my point of view no matter what kind of all-in-one set she has, it's going to look bad so she might just as well go with full af3 +2 - with or without Nirvana. I'm not nice enough to even attempt to put together one or 2 hybrid smn sets because yeah - it'll look bad either way.

Still wondering what her reason is for not wanting to use macros, but I guess I'll never find out.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-25 07:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You should really just bite me... I am trying to do something to make my GF happy, if you have such a problem with that then ignore this thread, ignore me, ignore her, and pretend we don't even exist, then all of your problems with us will fade. If you can not do that, then simply shut up, I'm tired of arguing semantics with you about if shes putting effort into the job or not, and I'm tired of comments saying to leave her or leave the game.
If you have a problem with my posts, ignore them, ignore me, ignore my comments towards your inadequate gf. All of your problems will then fade. If not, oh well, not my problem.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-04-25 07:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

]Yeah, true, but still, people give me ***for enough things already, if I can get told off for making my GF a weapon just imagine what I will get when I make myself a Mythic for a job no one wants in their party at all anymore?

And SMN isn't one of these?
 Asura.Exaudis
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-04-25 07:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 298367

With this, you get -14 bp delay and enough perp down and refresh to set you at 0 mp/tick with Avatar's Favor up, along with +56 summoning magic skill. If you want +mp per tick, you can go with RDM sub or you can swap in summoner's horn +2, caller's doublet +2, Nares trews, or adhara gages at the cost of summoning magic skill and -bp delay. Diabolos's rope can be used if you don't want to buy Cimmerian Sash. There's other good SMN gear, however you'd be losing a good deal of perpetuation cost by swapping into it.

I fully understand casual players in FFXI, however Summoner is one of the harder jobs to play without macros simply because there are way too many menus to jump through. She will most likely receive flak for taking a while to cast blood pacts and whatnot(or maybe she's the fastest person ever at FFXI menus!). Whatever happens, good luck to you and your girlfriend. :)

Edit: Calinzt's set below is probably better.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-25 07:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my take on your absurd request:

ItemSet 298370
• Avatar Perpetuation Cost -8 (-9 if weather is present)
• Refresh +3 when not engaged; +4 if MP below 75% if you take Oneiros instead of Vox Grip
• +76 Summoning Magic Skill
• ~55 seconds of Perfect Defense (assuming full merits and capped skill)
• Blood Pact Delay -9
• Blood Pact Damage +10%
• Avatar Magic Attack Bonus +1 (+15 MAB on a crit when 1/5 on merit BP and +30 when 5/5; both assuming augmented AF2+2 feet)
• Blood Boon +10 (+10% to the base chance of BB proccing and reducing Blood Pact MP and increasing the dmg due to AF3 set bonus)
• Avatar TP Bonus +50% (applies only to magic Blood Pacts, increases damage proportionally with TP, the Regain effect of the neckpiece compliments this)
• Avatar: enhanced attack and accuracy - improve the physical aspect of the Blood Pacts

This is about as good as you can get with no macro swaps. Poor magic damage results, decent physical dmg results depending on gear procs. Neither should be relevant though considering not even the BP timer is capped. But at least PD duration should be pretty decent since the hard cap is going to be 60 eventually anyway (as announced by SE in their Perfect Defense adjustments post regarding 600 Summoning Magic Skill, which is currently unobtainable).
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-04-25 07:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I facepalmed hard reading some of the posts in here.

1) a PD/shock sqaull set is impossible you will only get delay-4 or 5 and hardly any perp reduction. She should be using Soulscrouge for PD since it has skill+7.

2) she aint gunna be stunning anything without macros as going through menus is too slow.

3) I play on xbox and yes the macros have hardly and space in them but they still help a lot.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 07:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Honestly, from my point of view no matter what kind of all-in-one set she has, it's going to look bad so she might just as well go with full af3 +2 - with or without Nirvana. I'm not nice enough to even attempt to put together one or 2 hybrid smn sets because yeah - it'll look bad either way.

Still wondering what her reason is for not wanting to use macros, but I guess I'll never find out.
I don't understand it either, her reasoning she gives me is she finds using macros boring, and she plays for fun so it goes against what she plays for, which makes no sense to me how macros can bore you unless the fun part of the game is scrolling through menus for every little thing. Either way, if nothing else Ill simply learn the job and do it myself, I just thought I could save myself the trouble and post here but I forgot how impossible it is to get help here on this kind of subject, should have learned from my SAM thread...

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

And SMN isn't one of these?
People take it for PD, I know some people do Arch-Ultima with them, most people use SMN for WoE, it has its uses, not many, but they exist. RDM... yeah, SCH/RDM has just about everything RDM has and more when it comes to simply magic and when it comes to a hybrid BLU takes a giant dump on us so there are some differences. The last time I saw someone actually request RDM was quite some time ago, last time I saw someone request SMN was about a hour ago.
By Artemicion 2013-04-25 07:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 07:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.
You see, there is actually a difference though, because the way she acts is that Macros and Gear swaps are pointless, or that you can be a top tier player without them, my GF simply refuses to use them because she thinks it makes the game less fun, and since she plays for fun, it lowers her experience and thus is undesirable.
By Artemicion 2013-04-25 07:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In that case, she's really playing the wrong game.
Macroing equipment is an essential part of gameplay and the mechanics therein. It's difficult to fathom the refusal to utilize them under the guise of making the game less fun. But I digress, it is merely my opinion that not being able to use an enjoyable class to the fullest would be rather, not fun. If there happens to be pleasure and enjoyment in mediocrity, let me know.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2013-04-25 07:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I used a macro once, hated it, was angry at its making things easier on me.

I hit that macro, that macro forgave me because it has Battered Macro Syndrome.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-25 08:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Making her a mythic even though she won't gear swap is like buying her a Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo even though she doesn't drive.
[+]
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2013-04-25 08:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you could use this item set for mp refresh and most summoning skill for cheap.

ItemSet 298376

This is pretty much the same, but uses the Magian trial staves for - perp and - BP delay

ItemSet 298377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 08:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-04-25 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yet she has had her SAM with her Masa for a long time now and yet, no change

She weaponskills and builds TP in the same set?

No use bumping this one anymore, fellas and gals.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 08:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The sam one wasn't so bad tbh, this thread went worse.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 08:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Frescora said: »
Well, you could use this item set for mp refresh and most summoning skill for cheap.

ItemSet 298376

This is pretty much the same, but uses the Magian trial staves for - perp and - BP delay

ItemSet 298377
Truth be told, I am not looking for the cheap way to do things, if I am making a Mythic for anyone on any job I plan to spend whatever I have to in order to make it as good as I can. For instance my RDM is going to cost me about a billion gil from right now to finish, and I have already gotten probably around 50% of the items I need for it overall. Price is simply another goal to me, something to go for, Ill get done in time, but its acceptable. I mainly am saying all of this because the other sets seem to be on the cheap/easy side too, which is not exactly what I am looking for, if that is the best, I am disappointed.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-25 08:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the problem comes with the fact that one look at the gear SE puts out shows they have fully embraced that we swap gear. It's hard to give you a set that will do what she wants from it because the gear simply isn't there for her to do it and still do well. the set from Calinzt will probably be your best bet but building a mythic will probably turn out disappointing compared to the effort put in if she doesn't back it up with the rest of her gear.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-04-25 08:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I fail to understand how opening the macro bar and clicking a macro is significantly different than opening the menu and clicking a spell/ability. She will quit long before the mythic is finished if her attitude does not change.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-25 08:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN doesn't have a lot of AHable gear. The majority of the avatar related stuff comes from AF2 and AF3. The rest of the gear is from Legion, Neo Limbus, Neo Salvage and is irrelevant without utilizing macros. Therefore what I and other people have given you so far as sets is the best you can get for your non-macroing girlfriend. You say you're disappointed, but true disappointment is the things you're trying to do for a terrible, stubborn player like your gf.

Anyway, you're not getting any better replies from hereon because everything has already been proposed, suggested, and commented so I'm not sure what else you're looking for.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
yet she has had her SAM with her Masa for a long time now and yet, no change

She weaponskills and builds TP in the same set?

No use bumping this one anymore, fellas and gals.

In all honesty that is not so bad, the expansion brought of gear with TP and WS traits in it, basically it looks horrible, but SMN is far worse with gear I think, where as you can build a decent setup for TP and WS in one by compare. But come to think of it, maybe posting that as an example would show what kind of thing I am talking about, and how far I am willing to go...

ItemSet 298147

This is the SAM set... Is it uber pro? Will it top all the parses? Will it goto Legion or Prov? No, none of those probably, but does it work and make me feel better about making her that Masa? Hell yeah, because it means she can at least do something better than a lot of SAMs would have.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 08:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
I fail to understand how opening the macro bar and clicking a macro is significantly different than opening the menu and clicking a spell/ability. She will quit long before the mythic is finished if her attitude does not change.
The fact she has played for about 4 years makes me doubt that.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-25 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played for probably 8+ years. I quit all the time! :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-25 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically she does not want it because she wants to be an amazing SMN, or because she wants to have an amazing weapon, she wants it because she likes the job and she has wanted for a very long time but never had any chance to get it.

I can understand this, my GF is currently working on her "Vaginey" (Vajra) as she calls it, because she loves THF and or stealing in every FF title. (She could spend weeks and weeks running around in FF7 looking for something new to steal). I did manage to get her into gear swapping though (Thank god for blink me not or she wouldn't use swaps either ^^). She insists on stunning from the menus too as /DNC (danger!).

How about manually swapping weapons when she picks another avatar? That would at least allow her to get a decent timer on pacts for the avatars she uses without swapping stuff with macro's via magian staves.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-04-25 08:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calinzt said: »
SMN doesn't have a lot of AHable gear. The majority of the avatar related stuff comes from AF2 and AF3. The rest of the gear is from Legion, Neo Limbus, Neo Salvage and is irrelevant without utilizing macros. Therefore what I and other people have given you so far as sets is the best you can get for your non-macroing girlfriend. You say you're disappointed, but true disappointment is the things you're trying to do for a terrible, stubborn player like your gf.

Anyway, you're not getting any better replies from hereon because everything has already been proposed, suggested, and commented so I'm not sure what else you're looking for.
I am surly not looking for people to tell me that it is disappointing I am doing something on a game to make my GF happy, or being told she is a terrible player. I am quite aware about everything on her part of this situation I need to know, the part I came here for was gear, I find it hard to believe that the best possible hybrid setup would involve such easy gear, if it does, oh well, my life is easier, not like I am wishing a hard time on myself. I just wish it made more sense, and its part of why I am going to level up and gear up the job so I can figure it out, maybe then it will make sense, till then, I will take your word for it.