Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 11:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Red rings of DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATHHHHHHH, it turned my xbox off when i got the red rings of death, only the two left quarters lit up (xbox laying down) on the website it says this is overheating, shows the red rings in same position but the on button pointing up meaning this is when it is upwards so i dont know if it is the same problem or not!

I turned it off, took plug out, turned it back on- worked fine for 10-15 mins then the same happened again so im looking into it!

If anyone knows anything about it please do tell me :/
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-28 11:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

youtube. google.

stop bitchin! you knew you were buying faulty hardware when you paid for the machine in the first place!
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-06-28 11:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. PC BETTER
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 11:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
youtube. google.

stop bitchin! you knew you were buying faulty hardware when you paid for the machine in the first place!

lol i didnt :( i got it on release date and well im not really one to research into depth that much
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-28 11:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
Red rings of DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATHHHHHHH, it turned my xbox off when i got the red rings of death, only the two left quarters lit up (xbox laying down) on the website it says this is overheating, shows the red rings in same position but the on button pointing up meaning this is when it is upwards so i dont know if it is the same problem or not!

I turned it off, took plug out, turned it back on- worked fine for 10-15 mins then the same happened again so im looking into it!

if checking your cables dont work, then you need to call Customer Service from Xbox Live. If qualified, they'll ship you a box, you ship them your box, they'll give you a new box, and extend your warranty to 3 years... Thats what I did.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 11:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Minusseven said:

if checking your cables dont work, then you need to call Customer Service from Xbox Live. If qualified, they'll ship you a box, you ship them your box, they'll give you a new box, and extend your warranty to 3 years... Thats what I did.

Shame i got mine years ago, highly doubt its still in waranty :(
 Sylph.Megumii
Server: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-06-28 11:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Switch it off for a a couple of hours and try it again. It just sounds like it is over-heating. Make sure you don't have stuff crammed around it (I tend to pile games around mine) and even if it's just the weather being hotter than usual and your room being hotter this can affect it too/makes it over-heat quicker.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 11:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Megumii said:
Switch it off for a a couple of hours and try it again. It just sounds like it is over-heating. Make sure you don't have stuff crammed around it (I tend to pile games around mine) and even if it's just the weather being hotter than usual and your room being hotter this can affect it too/makes it over-heat quicker.

Im hoping this is the case, ive got my fan on it at full blast haha

will suck if i have to buy a new xboxx urgh i just splashed all my money on an ipod touch and reading festival ticket lol
 Ifrit.Cesarl
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2009-06-28 11:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> Thought you lost your ptr.ptr. arrow or something.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2009-06-28 11:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if worst comes to worst you can send it in and get it fixed for $100, better than buying a new one at least
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-06-28 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

that sucks but im pretty sure since the first 360s were messed up they fix em for free
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-06-28 12:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can buy a 360 Elite from Amazon (UK) for around £215.00 which isn't that bad really.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Elite-Console-Hard-Drive/dp/B000PD0HQE/ref=pd_ts_vg_h__2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

We had to buy one last year after our original 360 died/got repaired/died again ;;
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 12:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

£215 doesnt sound bad for an elite... i shoulda got one of those instead of reading ticket lol
 Asura.Sidi
Server: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-06-28 12:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if they'll do anything, especially you being in Britain and all, but my friend just had it happened, and he hiked (he had a car, but army boy, so enjoyed the 14 mile walk) up to gamestop with it in his backpack, and they replaced it for him...

and I'm pretty damn sure he got it on release, because he's like that (got wii, ps3, etc all on release, and each game on release)-- so bringing it to a supplier, just for a chance, and they might replace it for you, or tell you what you can do... I mean, its worth a 15 min drive if you can, no? ^^

Good luck... because a year or two ago, this happened to another friend in mine in Britain, and he hadda buy a new one, but things mighta changed... >_< (I don't know too much about it, dunno if its only recent they're trying to fix the RROD problem, or if its only in america, or if he didn't know... etc, so good luck ^^)

Wish the best for ya~

Oh, and since it looks like you have a computer, you can probably download the game from the website to play in the meanwhile on your comp, might get a little to get used to, but a good alternative if your one've those "omg need ffxi..." like most've us are XD
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidi said:
I don't know if they'll do anything, especially you being in Britain and all, but my friend just had it happened, and he hiked (he had a car, but army boy, so enjoyed the 14 mile walk) up to gamestop with it in his backpack, and they replaced it for him...

and I'm pretty damn sure he got it on release, because he's like that (got wii, ps3, etc all on release, and each game on release)-- so bringing it to a supplier, just for a chance, and they might replace it for you, or tell you what you can do... I mean, its worth a 15 min drive if you can, no? ^^

Good luck... because a year or two ago, this happened to another friend in mine in Britain, and he hadda buy a new one, but things mighta changed... >_< (I don't know too much about it, dunno if its only recent they're trying to fix the RROD problem, or if its only in america, or if he didn't know... etc, so good luck ^^)

Wish the best for ya~

Oh, and since it looks like you have a computer, you can probably download the game from the website to play in the meanwhile on your comp, might get a little to get used to, but a good alternative if your one've those "omg need ffxi..." like most've us are XD

hah yeh, id probly get for pc if i didnt have xbox for a while :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-28 13:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Minusseven said:

Shame i got mine years ago, highly doubt its still in waranty :(

my 360 was first gen, so at that point my warranty was up for a year, but that didnt matter, they still gave me the 3-year warranty.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-28 21:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend has 3 xbox 360's, one for her, one for her son and a back-up. She gets red ring of death so damn often that the back-up is constantly getting swapped around and sent back to microsoft. Pretty sure she doesn't pay ***though each time it happens.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-06-28 21:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

id say try ur cables make sure they are plugged in.. and buy a cheep pc lol it's better then the xbox
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-06-28 22:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-06-28 22:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it sitting on the floor. Or on a rug. xbox360 sucks up alot from the floor. Prob full of dust too.
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-06-28 23:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

From the sounds of it, it has the most common occurrence for the RROD. There are many reasons why people get it, but the most common problem is caused cracked solder points between gpu and/or cpu and the motherboard. The reason this happens is because of these x-clamps that are on the other side of the motherboard, hooked onto the heatsink/s, use pressure on the motherboard in a way that bends it. After playing a lot on the xbox, and heating and cooling going on, fractures occur between the CPU and/or GPU.

Best solution is to take off the xclamps, use bolts and plastic and aluminum washers instead. There is a tutorial on it out there somewhere. I'll post if i find it.

I fixed two xbox 360s this way. One I had to use a hairdryer to help reseal the connections, but that won't always work.
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-06-28 23:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got my Elite 360 back from the Microsoft after a RRoD.

In the meantime I had to buy a new PC to play FFXI. Forced rly, I just couldnt go back to PS2.

Anyway, PC is better. Mine is rly very modest and it plays FFXi waaaaayyy better than 360. OMG. Better framerates, I can use the same Xbox wired controller, etc. The PC is much smoother than the 360 at 1080p. No contest.

There's also all that stuff on PC that makes FFXI play better...

One thing I figured out was that with a new 360, you have to reinstall FFXI because the game keeps crashing using the old install from the harddrive.

Consider yourself blessed Minus... it's good a thing.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-28 23:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Next Gen gaming consoles ><! I thought having to blow on a NES cartridge was bad.
 Kujata.Oxycontin
Server: Kujata
user:
By Kujata.Oxycontin 2009-06-28 23:31:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

get a cooling system for it i had same problem one day, happened like 6 times every 15 mins or so. went and got the intercooling thing that goes on the back of the console where the fan is and it worked fine since.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-29 00:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yasko said:
From the sounds of it, it has the most common occurrence for the RROD. There are many reasons why people get it, but the most common problem is caused cracked solder points between gpu and/or cpu and the motherboard. The reason this happens is because of these x-clamps that are on the other side of the motherboard, hooked onto the heatsink/s, use pressure on the motherboard in a way that bends it. After playing a lot on the xbox, and heating and cooling going on, fractures occur between the CPU and/or GPU.

Best solution is to take off the xclamps, use bolts and plastic and aluminum washers instead. There is a tutorial on it out there somewhere. I'll post if i find it.

I fixed two xbox 360s this way. One I had to use a hairdryer to help reseal the connections, but that won't always work.
There is really a wonderful amount of nerding going on here. I might do this just for the sake of gaining points with Yoshi Deherrera. lol
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-29 01:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i had the exact same thing happen little over a year ago. it is overheating and isn't covered by warranty cuz it isn't the true "RROD" with 3 lights. basically the fan isn't working right anymore, at least was the case with mine and yours sounds identical. send it in for $100, they'll send you another and lately they've been sending new model ones complete with new power plug. also for future reference don't point fans at it, that just blows dust into the machine. if you wanna use a fan, position it so it blows across the back of the machine pushing all the hot air coming out away from it. and never use an intercooler, 75% of them melt to the xbox and if that happens ms won't help you cuz you used a 3rd party peripheral. anyhow, good luck and hope everything works out for you.
 Ramuh.Sturm
user: Fedaykin
By Ramuh.Sturm 2009-06-29 01:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

When my 360 got RROD i phoned ms and they charged me about £30 to fix it
but for that they gave me a fre 3 month gold membership and another year's warranty not too bad considering cost of replacing it.
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-29 02:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also can't remember where I read it but MS aren't sending coffins out any more. Was probably on Kotaku.
 Garuda.Tyfoon
Server: Garuda
user: TYF00N
By Garuda.Tyfoon 2009-06-29 03:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
Next Gen gaming consoles ><! I thought having to blow on a NES cartridge was bad.

aahh yes good ol'times
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-06-29 07:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:

@ Minusseven

It's made by a company that took 20+ YEARS before being able to make a stable version of Windows... And XP will probably be the last "decent" product they ever released. Don't except too much from Microsoft, they're in for the money but they have no idea how to deal with technology. Getting into the console gaming industry was just a great move for them ($$$), and bad move for naive gamers who buy whatever the hell publicity tells them is worth purchasing.

I'm not one of those Mac junkies, but that doesn't change how bad Microsoft is at making anything with quality in mind.

Botton line is... don't buy an XBOX LOL?! What went through your mind when you did? So you decided to give them another chance at failing you (like a beaten wife or somethin)!? o_O; All I can say is... pay the consequences now... -.-;
First Page 2