Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2009-06-29 07:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

mine did like that 3 or 4 times.
first time I sent it to repair, and got back a different one in no better conditions.
when it did the red ring couple more time I just turned off, punched it hard on the case and was back in action.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-06-29 07:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oxycontin said:
get a cooling system for it i had same problem one day, happened like 6 times every 15 mins or so. went and got the intercooling thing that goes on the back of the console where the fan is and it worked fine since.

I have a cooling system for mine. I took it off after it caused me to get RROD. For some reason it wasn't allowing enough electricity to get to the 360.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-29 07:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for all replys so far, getting some good ideas of what to do- it just happened again :( i dont think ill be able to magic this one off... grrah
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-29 08:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

must be overheating then... cus i turn it on again and it does it almost straight away- it ussually gets way hotter then this though, maybe something is touching something else inside making something go wrong inside or something like that ; . ;
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-06-29 08:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
must be overheating then... cus i turn it on again and it does it almost straight away- it ussually gets way hotter then this though, maybe something is touching something else inside making something go wrong inside or something like that ; . ;

Like I said before, my only RRoD was caused by the power cord not being completely in. Even after I got it all the way in, it didn't stop until I took the cooling fan off the back and plugged the power cord directly in.

Do you have a fan? My computer occasionally starts overheating (I need to fix the heatsink) and I just point a fan at it until it stops. It doesn't fix the problem but it might allow you more play time until you decide what to do.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-29 08:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

never used a cooler, i checked all cables and they seem fine. and i actually have my fan pointing as it but it still just overheats... i feel its a good excuse to get an elite... i just need the money lol
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2009-06-29 08:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

truly, I'm not kidding.
I've managed to get it back working by hitting it in the midle of the case.
I think is something to do with heating but related to the heat sink that is not properly fixed to its position, so punching it has a change to place it back to work condition.
(I cant guaratee it will work for you)
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-29 10:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Miraeldito said:
truly, I'm not kidding.
I think is something to do with heating but related to the heat sink that is not properly fixed to its position, so punching it has a change to place it back to work condition.

When the xbox is laying down or standing?
 Carbuncle.Rxdriver
Server: Carbuncle
user: RXdriv3r
By Carbuncle.Rxdriver 2009-06-29 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno I still have a working first gen Xbox, I think they had the right path with it but rushed too fast to get 360 out which is what I think happened, Im not a MS fanatic and your right about XP lol(who knows Win7 might be good), but I hope they fix these problems in a nexgen system, they have some exclusives that are good. Bottom line tho is PS3> 360 always and forever, MS has to throw in a nexgen system that compares, maybe not graphic wise but hardware wise(stable, long lasting)like Sony did(although there might be some faulty PS3s out there).
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-29 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hitting it seems to have helped lmao
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-29 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Miraeldito said:
truly, I'm not kidding.

You sir are a genious and i love you, i have had it on for hours and hours with no trouble, and im turning it off out of choice ^0^, also bashing it up was fun XD
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-29 17:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
hitting it seems to have helped lmao

Sounds more like loose wiring then.
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2009-06-30 00:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cesarl said:
>.> Thought you lost your ptr.ptr. arrow or something.

I did lost mine.. i had 32,100 CP in windy... Bought it... came back to sandy...
So now im back in windy with 2k CP -.-;
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-06-30 00:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

go on newegg.com and put together a $600 pc. problem solved.