iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 340 341 342 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-19 11:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Trying to see if I can find a better use of Spharai than collecting dust.

Lmk when you find one. It was my first R15 weapon, and I probably haven't used it in over 2+ years.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-19 12:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Trying to see if I can find a better use of Spharai than collecting dust.

Lmk when you find one. It was my first R15 weapon, and I probably haven't used it in over 2+ years.

It's actually pretty good in domain invasion as you want to accumulate more hit for crit chance from kick attack bonus.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-05-19 17:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What body would be a decent replacement for tatenashi when using howling fist?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-19 17:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD herc, Kenda+1, Mpaca, NyameB all the things you would expect

No order, just best options
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-05-19 17:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
WSD herc, Kenda+1, Mpaca, NyameB all the things you would expect

No order, just best options

Awesome, thank you!
By kairyu 2021-05-19 18:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly question but does anyone have an entity set for mnk before I work up one?
EDIT; ItemSet 379896
And some strategies of how to maximize it? If I recall correctly counter stance gathers quite a bit on its own and warcry of course is a good option.

With the counter set on the BG guide do you need counter stance at all, it caps?

Looking at spharai tanking Odin efficiently.

I also have heard cocoon on mnk is still pretty good so the typical /Blu tank set could be an option for hate management.
This also raises the question does anyone have a SIRD set for mnk lol
EDIT: ItemSet 379892

Just a note; Rimeice Earring is Pet: Enmity - you could use a Trux Earring instead for enmity +5 or a Pluto's Pearl for +4 if you don't wanna do the HTBF for Trux. Also, with the DM campaign going, you could get lucky and get +8 enmity on an augmented herc piece. Maybe not practical to hunt for it but just to be aware that it is possible.

EDIT: An enmity set does also work quite well with Perfect Counter - that generates a fair amount of hate also.
InsertObligatoryEnmity+10JSECape
[+]
 Siren.Julio
Server: Siren
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2021-05-29 04:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial arts:

On the bgwiki community monk guide there is a table which states the amount of Martial Arts needed with magic haste capped. How should I interpret this?
Does this assume I have martial arts IX from the 1200 JP job gift and the values in the table are the amount of Martial arts needed from gear to cap delay values for each of these weapons before haste is applied?
By SimonSes 2021-05-29 07:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Julio said: »
Martial arts:

On the bgwiki community monk guide there is a table which states the amount of Martial Arts needed with magic haste capped. How should I interpret this?
Does this assume I have martial arts IX from the 1200 JP job gift and the values in the table are the amount of Martial arts needed from gear to cap delay values for each of these weapons before haste is applied?

Its Martial Arts needed to reach 80% cap delay, with Master MNK, 43.75% magic haste and 25% gear haste, which is the most common maximum haste situation. If you happen to have someone going DNC or /dnc and apply Haste Samba on top of above haste values, then you wont need any additional Martial Arts from gear for any H2H weapon.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-29 10:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a good guide for how much Martial arts is needed to cap delay w/o capped magic haste?

Edit: But i guess that depends on the weapon's delay
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-05-29 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling a monk for giggles on the side. If I have a mastered MNK, how much +subtle blow do I need to cap?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-29 11:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

+15 I +25 II
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-05-30 20:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
+15 I +25 II

Well among other things this explains the commonality of Moonbow +1 waist, niqmaddu, and sherida in TP sets.

Thanks for response.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-05-30 23:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to ask this in the nin and mnk forums bc im very much trying to decide which I want to play around with, have aeonic for both, is mpaca better then kend NQ, cant afford the HQ right this moment, and am curious if mpaca is better then or at least comparable to nq kenda (mpaca is not augmented yet)
By fillerbunny9 2021-05-31 00:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mpaca is solid, though it has poor magic evasion, provided you have Malignance to handle those situations already, Mpaca would be an acceptable substitute. personally, I sold off the Head/Hands/Feet, but kept the Body/Legs, as I like to maintain some M.Evasion considering how poorly people follow directions in events like Divergence.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-05-31 15:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question, or if someone can point to the post or series of posts, where does godhands stand in the weapon hierarchy? How do they stack up?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-31 15:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Godhands is first place on par with R15 Verethragna, I think? Different pros and cons but on top.
[+]
By Taint 2021-05-31 16:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Impetus up Vere. Impetus down GH. Footwork up GH.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-05-31 16:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Godhands is first place on par with R15 Verethragna, I think? Different pros and cons but on top.

Isn't it the other way around at R15?

R15 Vere > R15 Godhands > R0 Godhands > R0 Vere was the hierarchy I heard
By SimonSes 2021-05-31 18:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Impetus up Vere. Impetus down GH. Footwork up GH.

To add to that impetus vere is around 10% ahead of impetus GH and footwork GH are 13% ahead of footwork veret. Also Footwork GH has slightly higher DPS than Impetus Vere.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-31 18:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 GH also very favorable in low buffs situations as Howling Fists becomes much better.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-05-31 19:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok think ill ultimately end up playing both mnk and nin, im going to go with mnk first, the front page sets how up to date are they?

Edit: adding to this question, what reforged pieces are needed?
 Valefor.Grenseal
Server: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-05-31 19:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atigeve said: »
Ok think ill ultimately end up playing both mnk and nin, im going to go with mnk first, the front page sets how up to date are they?

Edit: adding to this question, what reforged pieces are needed?

Check this guide, pretty up to date I think.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Monk_Guide
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-01 01:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Mpaca is solid, though it has poor magic evasion, provided you have Malignance to handle those situations already, Mpaca would be an acceptable substitute. personally, I sold off the Head/Hands/Feet, but kept the Body/Legs, as I like to maintain some M.Evasion considering how poorly people follow directions in events like Divergence.

I think Mpaca is still probably a better all purpose "safe TP set" than Kendatsuba. It's true that Kendatsuba has Meva in its favor, as well as modestly higher HP, but Mpaca is better in most other defensive stats:
- Significantly higher DEF
- Tons of PDT- (40% for 5/5 set, which can easily cap with other standard stuff like Moonbow belt and/or Ambuscade cape)
- Much higher Magic Def. Bonus (total of MDB+62 for 5/5, versus MDB+34 for 5/5 Ken+1)
- Much higher evasion
- And you even get Killer effects for mob intimidation procs

Offensively, pretty similar from an Acc/TA/crit perspective, but the additional attack on Mpaca would make me lean toward that over Ken+1. The combo of strong TA/crit/STR is also tailor-made for Victory Smite.

TBH, post-Gaol I see Kendatsuba as more useful for NIN (Racc for daken, higher DEX for Blade: Shun, often gets less out of PDT- than MNK due to shadows). If you have to prioritize one on MNK, Mpaca all the way IMO. If anyone's interested, additional detailed discussion in the NIN forum.

Though yes, I agree that for all out defensive purposes (with solid enough offensive stats), you still want Malignance.

Valefor.Grenseal said: »
Check this guide, pretty up to date I think.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Monk_Guide

To me it looks like it was up to date before Gaol, but not current due to lacking Mpaca/Nyame gear.
By SimonSes 2021-06-01 04:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
To add to that impetus vere is around 10% ahead of impetus GH and footwork GH are 13% ahead of footwork veret. Also Footwork GH has slightly higher DPS than Impetus Vere.

Actually with some improvements to Vsmite set Impetus Veret and Footwork Godhands are almost exactly even.

Btw updated set (Augments and swaps in sets description):

ItemSet 368631

ItemSet 380063

ItemSet 364177

ItemSet 363614

ItemSet 360434

ItemSet 360430
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-06-01 05:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The only noteworthy downside to Mpaca for TP in my experience is the reduced MEVA making you more susceptible to enfeebs.

I'd say this is a far more frequent issue than losing the damage mitigation to nukes, because unless you are really getting bombed with heavy magic (in which instance you should be turtling or running hybrid MDT)it shouldn't pose a significant threat.

I mean between Chakra and Inner Strength we're good for a couple of full self-cures in a pinch.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-05 20:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use this TP set as always it's coming from someone looking at spreadsheets instead of actually playing the job.

Hes. Hose +3 & Anch. Gaiters +3 have always been a better pieces for TP because of the kick attack bonus.
And Adhemar wristbands +1 Path A is better than Mpaca hands R20 for TPing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-05 20:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He's missing the (*) Not glass-cannon notation. It should have been common sense.

So instead of fighting about it, there's the notice.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-05 23:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalfey said: »
And Adhemar wristbands +1 Path A is better than Mpaca hands R20 for TPing.
Jesus...
First Page 2 3 ... 340 341 342 ... 363 364 365