Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 339 340 341 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 02:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Footwork had TP bonus??? Was this always the case are was it broken For the past 15 years?

I think footwork doesn't have any tp bonus. The fix was for tp bonus from gear not working under footwork.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-05-10 04:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
Footwork had TP bonus??? Was this always the case are was it broken For the past 15 years?

I think footwork doesn't have any tp bonus. The fix was for tp bonus from gear not working under footwork.
Ahh I see thanks
By Taint 2021-05-10 06:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That really explains why GH always parsed so poorly compared to the spreadsheet/simulations.

Time to dusk them off and give them another try.
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 06:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
That really explains why GH always parsed so poorly compared to the spreadsheet/simulations.

I bet they discovered it only because they were fixing Mpaca head. Otherwise we would live not knowing this till server shut down...
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-10 07:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I bet they discovered it only because they were fixing Mpaca head. Otherwise we would live not knowing this till server shut down...

And there’s probably so many more that we/they don’t know about lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2021-05-15 01:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Monks!

Green as *** here but I'm tryin figure out if a Slow set for "Ask Sash"(Downtime - NOT Engaged) is worth having.

From what I have gathered from the shitty Search functions on this forum... The Set below (-17%) is the best that MNK can access at the current time.

ItemSet 379797

Before I seek out any of these items... Does anyone else have any input on if this set will push the Ragain+200 higher or if this is a moot point to pursue.

Honestly, I appreciate any convo on Ask Sash and its uses.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-05-15 01:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Hey Monks!

Green as *** here but I'm tryin figure out if a Slow set for "Ask Sash"(Downtime - NOT Engaged) is worth having.

From what I have gathered from the shitty Search functions on this forum... The Set below (-17%) is the best that MNK can access at the current time.

ItemSet 379797

Before I seek out any of these items... Does anyone else have any input on if this set will push the Ragain+200 higher or if this is a moot point to pursue.

Honestly, I appreciate any convo on Ask Sash and its uses.
the regain is the same it just lasts a few extra tics before it wears off... also a bit longer before you can engage again because of how boost works and leaves you much squishier while using it so its not always ideal to use but can be fun especially while waiting on buffs if you have inventory slots to burn.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-15 01:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

is worth having.

No. Just unequip all of your gear and save yourself 4 slots if you really want to improve your regain by a tick. Those 4 pieces are relatively insignificant.

We discussed it here
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-05-15 08:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple of pieces (I use Gnadbod's and Sljor in my set) are nice to have if you are using a low delay weapon like Vere. Doubly so because a key benefit of pre-stacking TP is getting AM3 procced asap.

The main thing is that its all about timing pre-boosts judiciously; specifically before songs/haste is applied because obviously that just kills any benefit.

Being honest, I was one of the first people to get Ask and test it out, and I still think the effort was worthwhile. But, objectively it wouldn't be my first pick for a Domain buy for monk these days. Let alone put the effort in to acquire the slow+ pieces.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2021-05-15 09:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks for the input, I already have a buncha DI pieces and snagged the belt a few nights ago. Good to hear that those extra pieces don’t do enough and I’ll just put that whole thought behind me.

Really cool belt tho, was kinda blown away that MNK was given a 1.5 minute cooldown Meditate with this item.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-15 11:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is two boost enough to get to 3k w/o slow gear?

I personally do use slow gear, but I play limited jobs so space is not as much of an issues as others.

Edit: And for 2nd boost you may have haste/march if you doing it while pre-buffing
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-15 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

was kinda blown away that MNK was given a 1.5 minute cooldown Meditate with this item.

It's not the same as meditate. Boost you cannot WS or melee attack, or you lose the effect (though for melee you get one large attack). Boost also requires you equip the sash and keep it on during duration, otherwise you lose the regain effect. Unlike meditate which allows you to WS several times across multiple fights, boost is only able to be used for one singular attack, WS, or TP lump. It's really only good while weakened or prebuffing, or in rare circumstances where you cannot attack at the moment (pain sync) and you want to make up the DPS after a short time.

Asura.Bippin said: »
Is two boost enough to get to 3k w/o slow gear?

Only under certain conditions. All assume no magic haste

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Godhands (will gain the largest bonus from slow gear due to delay)

max slow - 26s 1800tp
naked (no slow) 23s=1400tp
full gear 17s=1200tp
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-15 12:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the sash a lot and 3 pieces of slow gear. You can fit boost into a few situations but I wouldn't prioritize this gear over other things. It's primary function for me is for aftermath management. Such as the start of an ambuscade you can squeeze in 2 boosts and be ready to go. Usually 250-300 with 3piece vere while people buff or in between running to the next monster in something like oddessy when aftermath is falling off.
[+]
 Asura.Cassiani
user: CodCart
By Asura.Cassiani 2021-05-16 13:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started gearing up monk, what's the best resource for up-to-date gearsets? This guide seems a bit outdated, and the bg wiki's community monk guide seems more accurate, is that the best place to reference?

Also, I noticed that guide uses the Relic Legs for TPing, despite them not having any actual traditional TP-generating stats such as multi attack or STP. I guess thinking about it, kick attacks+19 is essentially double attack+19, which is pretty bonkers for TP so that makes sense.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-05-16 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cassiani said: »
Just started gearing up monk, what's the best resource for up-to-date gearsets? This guide seems a bit outdated, and the bg wiki's community monk guide seems more accurate, is that the best place to reference?

Also, I noticed that guide uses the Relic Legs for TPing, despite them not having any actual traditional TP-generating stats such as multi attack or STP. I guess thinking about it, kick attacks+19 is essentially double attack+19, which is pretty bonkers for TP so that makes sense.

The BG guide is still fairly up to date, with the exception of Mpaca pieces on Hybrid or head for certain WS.

AF +3 feet allow your kicks to pretty much do the same damage as punches, so the relic pants are essentially like looking at it as DA +19, in a way.
 Bismarck.Xagashi
Server: Bismarck
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2021-05-16 13:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Community Monk Guide is actually kept updated rather well. If your looking for overall best gear, Kendatsuba +1 is a great place to start for both TP and WS. A slightly cheaper option for legs would be Emp. legs +1, with 1 additional KA and STP.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 13:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

BG hasn't been updated since early march

(missing the mentioned mpaca)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 14:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cassiani said: »

Yes, but as far as I know and have seen, nearly nobody gears with those kind of stats in mind anymore. Unless your target absolutely will never hit you back (rare), or you are severely buff-starved. It's a great piece if you can make use of it, but there's more to consider than just damage.

In recent years, the trend of max DPS/ignore-everything-else has gone down in favor of more defensive, dual/triple-purpose sets with (P)DT/Evasion/Magic Evasion/HP/Defense/MDB/Subtle Blow. A "BIS TP" set is kind of a misnomer, since there's a variety of fights that make certain things dangerous and you may want more defensive options over dps. Being able to take a hit or evade moves/status ailments is oftentimes a better option than hitting your target harder. Some pieces like Mpaca and Kendatsuba (+1) fill so many different roles that it's hard to justify using straight DPS pieces.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 15:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In recent years, the trend of max DPS/ignore-everything-else has gone down in favor of more defensive, dual/triple-purpose sets with (P)DT/Evasion/Magic Evasion/HP/Defense/MDB/Subtle Blow. A "BIS TP" set is kind of a misnomer, since there's a variety of fights that make certain things dangerous and you may want more defensive options over dps. Being able to take a hit or evade moves/status ailments is oftentimes a better option than hitting your target harder. Some pieces like Mpaca and Kendatsuba (+1) fill so many different roles that it's hard to justify using straight DPS pieces.

This! I tp in either 5/5 Mpaca or 5/5 Malignance without a second thought, depending on whether or not the magic protection and/or accuracy is relevant. Mpaca and kenda +1 are pretty identical in their use, but I think at higher rank levels most of the mpaca pieces have a slight edge. I could probably swap the feet for something else, but it's enough to cap 50% PdT with just moonbow belt +1 and 5% dt on segomo's, and I do notice when the killer effects proc. The feet still have 3% TA rate and the extra crit rate synergises with my karambits. It's quite the powerful hybrid set, and I wouldn't play monk without one.
By Taint 2021-05-16 15:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenda set has 6 more TA than Mpaca and using 2 pieces of Kenda caps SB in most sets. Those are pretty good advantages and make Kenda+1 still desirable for MNK.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 15:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but at higher ranks most mpaca pieces get some pretty good stats to make up for it. Body gets 5 sTP, hands get triple attack damage + 7%, Legs get 5% PDL. They also get 20 attack by rank 20. Those bonuses are pretty significant, and considerably lessen the gap. It does require higher ranks though, and the base pieces definitely favor kenda. But I think by rank 15 or so the mpaca evens out pretty nicely.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-16 16:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When Mpaca came out, I sold Ken+1 feet and thought it would be an easy swap and I wouldn't miss it. I realized the Subtle Blow was actually quite helpful on the Feet and it even hurt some of my SAM meva swaps.

I personally wouldn't say Mpaca replaces or compares with Kendatsuba+1 at all, nor would I say they are mostly interchangeable. They serve slightly different purposes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-16 16:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm plannig to upgrade to kenda feet in the near future. I agree with that assessment. Right now I just don't have the gil for it. Too many projects going at once. But when I get the chance it's a real solid pickup.
By Deridjian 2021-05-18 18:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to point out for recent monks like me that Mpaca is simply overwhelmingly good (I'd say unbeatable) bang for your buck, even without augments, and it serves PUP too. On Odin a piece is currently down to 5.22mio, that is 26.1mio for a whole 5/5 set of gear that will get you very far and is extremely useful in a variety of situations, even for some WS slots. On some servers it'd seem that you wouldn't even get Kendatsuba Body +1 for that money and a whole set would run you about three to four times that investment.
I also find Coiste Bodhar and Schere extremely useful if you don't have 50~100mio for Aurgelmir +1 and/or don't have Telos yet.

On that note: Why don't people talk about Schere more (Looks like the DRK forum is discussing it a lot)? It's got 5STR, 6DA(!), 3SB, and even 15ACC, 5ATK once fully augmented. On an earring! Telos has acc,atk,stp instead. Do you guys usually prefer StoreTP over anything else? I can't find much Monk discussion on TP builds really (up to date ones that is, but maybe I'm not searching hard enough too). I'm still on Karambit for now and I don't feel I'm gaining TP slowly without much STP (+11) really. Once you have all the usual buffs you're spamming VS anyways.

What do you guys prioritize in your generic, not fight specific, TP build in order of importance?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-18 19:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mpaca set is incredible value indeed. and low effort high reward.

100m+ for kenda or 25~ for mpaca and no 1500 liliths.

Sets are a little out of date, schere seems like a nobrainer for telos, but it's an earring, the difference is minimal
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-19 02:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't change the point you're tryin to make at all, but I think Kendatsuba+1 is much cheaper these days.
I paid an average of what, ~30m per piece probably?
But now you can get the majority of pieces for a little more than 10m each.

As I said before, your point still stands eh, just sayin it's cheaper than >100m.

I still have 5/5 Kenda, but despite being different Kenda has a partial overlapping with 5/5 Malignance (TP gear wit lotsa acc and Meva).
You could just use Malignance in place of Kendatsuba for TP with protection against magic, and Mpaca for TP with protection against physical?
Not ideal maybe, but a good compromise for sure and an inventory saver.

Kendatsuba is okaysh for some WSs too, on some slots at least, but probably never BiS.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-19 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly question but does anyone have an entity set for mnk before I work up one?
EDIT; ItemSet 379896
And some strategies of how to maximize it? If I recall correctly counter stance gathers quite a bit on its own and warcry of course is a good option.

With the counter set on the BG guide do you need counter stance at all, it caps?

Looking at spharai tanking Odin efficiently.

I also have heard cocoon on mnk is still pretty good so the typical /Blu tank set could be an option for hate management.
This also raises the question does anyone have a SIRD set for mnk lol
EDIT: ItemSet 379892
By SimonSes 2021-05-19 10:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use counterstance and /blu you can probably just cast blu magic and count on counter to proc.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-19 10:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use this for SIRD ItemSet 379883

should be 101 w/o merits but I am a big fan of SIRD merits. Can also put 10SIRD on ambu cape

Using this for enmity
Code
sets.precast.JA['Provoke'] = {ammo="Sapience Orb",
	head="Halitus helm",
    body="Emet Harness +1",    
	hands="Kurys gloves",    
    waist="Kasiri Belt",	 
	neck="Moonlight Necklace", 
	Feet="Ahosi Leggings",
	ring1="Eihwaz Ring",
	ring2="Supershear Ring",
	ear1="Cryptic Earring",
	ear2="Trux Earring",
	back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'Enmity+10',}},
	legs="Ocelot Trousers"}
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-19 11:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use counterstance and /blu you can probably just cast blu magic and count on counter to proc.
Yeah it's way overkill between spharai, perfect counter, and counter stance. I have the gear on me for RUN already
But I think if I use counter stance on Odin I'm looking for trouble.

Trying to see if I can find a better use of Spharai than collecting dust.
First Page 2 3 ... 339 340 341 ... 363 364 365