PUP in salvage II
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Tecan
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tecan
By Fenrir.Tecan 2013-01-14 12:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls has just started doing the new salvage and I'm interested in going as pup. I've been thinking about possible frames and attachment combos and I was wondering if anyone has any particular setups they prefer or think would be ideal. Up until now I've only used pup for soloing with a Mage frame so I'm a little confused on what would work best.
 Asura.Rucks
Server: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-01-14 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 PUP hate.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2013-01-14 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

rng frame, hands down. utlizize oils ventriloquy and role reversal as much as you need too. but rng frame pwns salvage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-01-14 13:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree, the RNG frame is by far the best to use. The unfortunate thing is, getting Ranged/Ammo unlocked to use maneuvers and oils, since JA is fairly easy to unlock early on.

Armor Shatterer just completely destroys ***.
 Fenrir.Tecan
user: Tecan
By Fenrir.Tecan 2013-01-14 13:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng seems to be the way to go. I was thinking using scope, replicator, drum magazine and accelerator 2 and then filling in the gaps. Any ideas on other essential attachments?
 Cerberus.Kuching
Server: Cerberus
user: Kuching
By Cerberus.Kuching 2013-01-14 13:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I use
Scope, Drum Magazine, Barrage Turbine, Tension Spring 1 + 2, Optic Fiber, Auto-repair Kit 2, Stealth Screen OR Mana Jammer 2, Coiler, Dynamo, Volt Gun + Armor Plate 2.

For RNG maton.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-08 06:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf4tKFRzArE
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 22:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwRXhfsV7k4
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-13 22:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 22:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried doing that, for some reason it gave me a broken link.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-13 22:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
Tried doing that, for some reason it gave me a broken link.
It looks like you grabbed the links from the address bar. If you use the short link from the share tab it works fine ^^
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 22:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

oh,I see. Nice knowing that. Thx for the tip.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-13 22:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Np, I'm curious did you exclude the boss fights because of timing out on them or death? Or to have as their own videos?
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-13 22:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

At this moment I can't solo boss. Who know maybe in the future me or someone else will be able to. At the moment my interest is in plans, so, didn't really think much on bosses. I tried them just for fun. Not worth posting the boss fight.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-13 22:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang. Impressive vids btw ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So going to be headed into salvage on delve mnk or pup with alternator. Any advice is it a pain to get the puppet unlocked? I can't wait to test it out. Now against mobs that have shields are peeps switching to mage frame?
By Presidentmerman 2013-06-07 10:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been going with a static of 2 other pups, on hydra and cerb we do x2 rng pets and 1 blm pet its a joke. We do however go different subs in case of paralyna or erase. /DNC /THF /WHM
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2013-06-07 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the Pup unlocked is not a pain in the slightest. I go to Pup to salvage II mainly for Arrapago (going to be going to Bhaf tonight) and it absolutely destroys everything. You should obviously get abilities first and make it a priority to get ranged unlocked because without your Alternator you may as well be Monk.

I was planning on using the Blm or Rdm Frame on the Cerb because of his -PDT to speed things up. So switching frames is necessary on those kinds of mobs.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 10:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Presidentmerman said: »
I've been going with a static of 2 other pups, on hydra and cerb we do x2 rng pets and 1 blm pet its a joke. We do however go different subs in case of paralyna or erase. /DNC /THF /WHM

How is the rng frame damage vs Cerb? I will be using the rng frame and valor head with volt gun attached always like that combo for it to get up on the mob just thinking about different setups. Since the alternator frees up a few spots we needed before for accuracy just love that damn thing..
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-07 10:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As a warning, you don't get ranged until the upper floors in Silver Sea Remnants, so it can be pretty frustrating. In Bhaflau and Arrapago, at least, ranged unlocks easily on floor 1.
By Presidentmerman 2013-06-07 10:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With x2 rng pets and 1 blm pet I think we kill nq and hq in like 16 mins or so (cerb). On areas where you don't get altenator early we ride activate and deus but never have lost or wiped. Just takes getting use to as I said though this is with x3 pup
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 10:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Presidentmerman said: »
With x2 rng pets and 1 blm pet I think we kill nq and hq in like 16 mins or so (cerb). On areas where you don't get altenator early we ride activate and deus but never have lost or wiped. Just takes getting use to as I said though this is with x3 pup

Cool I have a few options I maybe will be bringing as much as 5 boxing a run bringing a GEO and maybe bard or thf and sch and delve mnk I think. Not really a big salvage guy but that + 1 uskane gear is missing from both mnks set and that needs to be addressed while this drop rate increase is going on...
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-07 11:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I duo Bhaflau PUP/DNC (WHM/BLM frame no alternator) and PUP/THF (alternator RNG frame), we've gotten to the point where all Ritual Plan farming NMs, full pathos unlocks by boss, and both NQ and HQ are killed in 70~80 minutes. Alternator at the start and Job abilities is what accounts for the 10~ minute difference.

On ranger frame I haven't noticed any max damage difference between NQ and HQ Cerberus. It depends on how fast the PDT is going back up but I've seen 2-2.8k Armor Shatters for highs so far.

Pre Alternator the RNG frame did rather well against the NQ Khimaira until it would pull hate. Back then we couldn't pop the HQ with pets but we haven't gone back since I got Alternator. I'm sure now that I have alternator it could probably tank it without much issue and probably pop the HQ once my friend gets an alternator as well.

We haven't tried Silver Sea Remnants II or Zhayolm Remnants II yet.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-07 11:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the Valoredge frame, I came pretty close to soloing BRII including the NQ cerb - which I managed to take down to roughly 20% before I got hit by GoH
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-07 11:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP sucks for ZR2 (Bloodshed farming) too because you can't unlock ranged until the later floors and because the HQ hydra will curbstomp the auto.

Overall, I've found it quicker and easier just going as MNK (w/ healer of course). It's less fun perhaps, but at this point I just want the climbs to be over with as soon as possible.
By Presidentmerman 2013-06-07 11:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We just did it the other night skipped a few NM's on the path got maybe 11 blood plans and nq and hq hydra were no threat. Same setup 3 pup x2 rng 1 blm pet
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-07 12:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I duo'd BR2 on PUP. For NQ and HQ Cerb he used BLM frame to nuke and I had ranger frame to tank.
By Lisotte 2013-06-07 13:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been doing salvage most days for the past week, having a usual setup of PUP/WAR, RDM (I forget the sub), and THF (I forget the sub). Sometimes we'll have a WHM or SCH for healing instead of the RDM, and sometimes we'll have a BLU along as well.

So far it works really well, we're able to do the zones just fine. Except that in zhayolm2 getting the pet to be able to nuke with the physical shield up can be difficult to do constantly (you need to be able to DAD while also potentially holding hate). Also because PUP has a crap max amount of HP (compared to MNK), it can be challenging to tank on it and the healer needs to be on his toes.

That said, all the other zones were pretty simple to do. We have enough time for farming alex as well.

Edit: Does anyone know what a decent pet nuke set would look like nowadays? I hadn't really needed one till now but it'd help a lot for lowmanning zhayolm remnants 2 to have such a set.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-09 00:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Using the Valoredge frame, I came pretty close to soloing BRII including the NQ cerb - which I managed to take down to roughly 20% before I got hit by GoH

I just tried this zone using ranger frame and got killed by the first mob, RR'd then got killed by the 2nd mob.. I didn't have my alternator unlocked from the initial lamp, but we both got mauled. Idk wtf went wrong >_<. I was /thf since I was solo.

Just tried this again as valoredge frame, and died yet again off the first and 2nd mobs...so yeah idk what you did to "solo" the whole zone, or if you just got alternator off the initial lamp or whatever.
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-06-09 01:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

I just tried this zone using ranger frame and got killed by the first mob, RR'd then got killed by the 2nd mob.. I didn't have my alternator unlocked from the initial lamp, but we both got mauled. Idk wtf went wrong >_<. I was /thf since I was solo.

Just tried this again as valoredge frame, and died yet again off the first and 2nd mobs...so yeah idk what you did to "solo" the whole zone, or if you just got alternator off the initial lamp or whatever.

Farm floors just use Mage frame, then run a DD frame for bosses.
First Page 2 3