Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-09 01:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cyprias said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Using the Valoredge frame, I came pretty close to soloing BRII including the NQ cerb - which I managed to take down to roughly 20% before I got hit by GoH

I just tried this zone using ranger frame and got killed by the first mob, RR'd then got killed by the 2nd mob.. I didn't have my alternator unlocked from the initial lamp, but we both got mauled. Idk wtf went wrong >_<. I was /thf since I was solo.

Just tried this again as valoredge frame, and died yet again off the first and 2nd mobs...so yeah idk what you did to "solo" the whole zone, or if you just got alternator off the initial lamp or whatever.

Farm floors just use Mage frame, then run a DD frame for bosses.

How's the mage frame gonna survive with all pathos on it? More importantly how is it gonna do enough dmg? I know about Deactivate nuking but ***regens as it goes passive and all that.
By Pujan 2013-06-09 01:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that it was kind of straight-foward, but I believe he meant use the mage frame as support.. not as DD. So you know, you do the damage? And it keeps you alive.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-09 01:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the Valoredge frame, I came pretty close to soloing BRII including the NQ cerb - which I managed to take down to roughly 20% before I got hit by GoH

I just tried this zone using ranger frame and got killed by the first mob, RR'd then got killed by the 2nd mob.. I didn't have my alternator unlocked from the initial lamp, but we both got mauled. Idk wtf went wrong >_<. I was /thf since I was solo.

Just tried this again as valoredge frame, and died yet again off the first and 2nd mobs...so yeah idk what you did to "solo" the whole zone, or if you just got alternator off the initial lamp or whatever.

How's the mage frame gonna survive with all pathos on it? More importantly how is it gonna do enough dmg? I know about Deactivate nuking but ***regens as it goes passive and all that.
I'm not exactly sure how you're getting mauled. I'm pretty sure "mage" means white mage. You should be able to survive 1-2 fights per auto's MP but can always just reset it between each fight. I'd advise forcing pro/shell/haste via deploy/release after each one if solo just to reduce the MP strain on the puppet.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-09 01:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Suppose I'll have to give it one more go with the whm turban (btw I don't just say "mage", when talking about stormwaker, I usually specify which turban when I'm going about it). But yeah, I was taking a lot of dmg, the first mob you're lucky to have 1 piece of gear unlocked and MAYBE hp.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-06-09 02:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, I take 100-180 as a hume from the fly, it can get scary but usually my evasion and making sure I'm fully buffed before actually engaging has always been enough the few times I've been solo.
 Odin.Cyprias
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-06-09 12:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To be quite honest I was really tired when I posted that, but yeah I meant the WHM robot.

It's generally easy to farm BR II just using the WHM robot all the way up to boss, where the only thing that can be troubling sometimes is the Acrolith NM (It's multi-attack to Dire straight is sometimes a straight killer).

Right after Acro NM, if you already have LBC dead, then swap for RNG/VE frame and head to bosses. To save time (people tend to time out on Cerb) just head to 5F straight instead of dealing with triple gear and rampart.
 Odin.Volane
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2013-06-09 13:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont get ranged in the first lamp, skip the flys first and do a moblin. They drop ranged and once Alternator is unlocked, easy mode.

Either tank the moblin yourself with cure support from puppet (never tried that, should be possible) or let VE do the work, Overdrive for the heck of it and if VE should die, be far enough away, DEA, deploy and kite until puppet gets hate again.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-09 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Still learning the ins and out of salvage II but have to say the puppet is a hell of a gangsta in brII very nice. I can certainly see it can be a pain until range is unlocked but once that happens it'r like whoa..
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-09 20:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Volane said: »
If you dont get ranged in the first lamp, skip the flys first and do a moblin. They drop ranged and once Alternator is unlocked, easy mode.

Either tank the moblin yourself with cure support from puppet (never tried that, should be possible) or let VE do the work, Overdrive for the heck of it and if VE should die, be far enough away, DEA, deploy and kite until puppet gets hate again.

Tried that, and VE got obliterated as did I. Hence my issue with starting out in BR2. I guess I'll try the whm turban and see how that goes. I do have Rigor's now (I had Tlal h2h, and maybe the higher delay is what was killing me, without full gear unlock (haste/MA neck)), and I got them to rank 6 for only 2M along with the stock pile of air lixirs I had.
 Fenrir.Soulstealers
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Soulstealers 2013-06-09 22:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently just did Arrapago Rem II tanked Khim And Khim Elder with auto. Was pretty easy. Would keep x3 Light up and popped a fire for Strobe when THF got hate.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-10 10:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soulstealers said: »
Recently just did Arrapago Rem II tanked Khim And Khim Elder with auto. Was pretty easy. Would keep x3 Light up and popped a fire for Strobe when THF got hate.

Frame???
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-06-10 10:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Fenrir.Soulstealers said: »

Frame???

My guess is that he was using Valor Frame...

I do them with sharpshoter, with the eva Attachments I would say NMs miss 80% of the time, so far I've done Cerberus, Hydra and Khimeira,

The Khim is the easier one, then the hydra till decides to use Nerve Gas, since you have no way to dispel/erase/cure the Curse, then the Cerberus... the PDT he gain makes it really long to solo, but doable.

all of this is "SOLO" just the Automaton on the NM's. for "Duo"+ for sure on Cerberus just need to change to the BLM Frame.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-10 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one have a good walk through on how they max papers in br2? A friend detailed they skipped fly and puddings and killed moblins first then back tracked to Wamouras not dealing with the fly and puddings seem pretty good lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-10 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Usukane;

Floor 1 East
Kill w/e for unlocks, kill 2nd moblin quickly to pop to pop Moblin NM

Dahak, open door, kill Dahak NM. Port

Floor 2:

Kill RNG and MNK trolls for unlocks near entry, go NW and kill Troll Gemologist (PLD) then open West door
Kill Occultist (DRK NM) in North room in center circle,

Head NW and kill Troll Guardian (PLD NM)

I skip flooor 3 completely, port East

Floor 4:

Killl small then large gear to pop NM, then head forward, ignore Chariot, kill Acroliths to pop NM and then pop NQ cerberus.

For both Cerbs, I use Valoredge (equip Erase and Dispel attachments) and tank with Earth/Thunder/Light/Dark maneuvers and an Auto haste set while nuking on SCH.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-10 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Usukane;

Floor 1 East
Kill w/e for unlocks, kill 2nd moblin quickly to pop to pop Moblin NM

Dahak, open door, kill Dahak NM. Port

Floor 2:

Kill RNG and MNK trolls for unlocks near entry, go NW and kill Troll Gemologist (PLD) then open West door
Kill Occultist (DRK NM) in North room in center circle,

Head NW and kill Troll Guardian (PLD NM)

I skip flooor 3 completely, port East

Floor 4:

Killl small then large gear to pop NM, then head forward, ignore Chariot, kill Acroliths to pop NM and then pop NQ cerberus.

For both Cerbs, I use Valoredge (equip Erase and Dispel attachments) and tank with Earth/Thunder/Light/Dark maneuvers and an Auto haste set while nuking on SCH.

Sounds great thanks my mistake yesterday was spending way way way to much time killing on floor 3 ><;; doh timed out on cerb..
By Lisotte 2013-06-11 03:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So... for the second time we went to zhayolm remnants 2, and I used spiritreaver for the hydra bosses. And it didn't nuke! Not once. Can anyone explain this to me?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-11 03:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you unlock spellcasting?
By Lisotte 2013-06-11 03:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Did you unlock spellcasting?

I believe so
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-06-11 03:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it casting other spells?
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-06-11 03:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lisotte said: »
So... for the second time we went to zhayolm remnants 2, and I used spiritreaver for the hydra bosses. And it didn't nuke! Not once. Can anyone explain this to me?
Your puppet is smart, he doesn't want to mess around with that terrible *** hydra!

but yeah, I would say you might not have gotten magic... that or your puppet glitched out on you
By Lisotte 2013-06-11 03:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Your puppet is smart, he doesn't want to mess around with that terrible *** hydra!

but yeah, I would say you might not have gotten magic... that or your puppet glitched out on you

Hmm... I never specifically took spellcasting from the lamp, but I would've thought that I'd have gotten it by the time we hit the end bosses. Going to test tomorrow.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-11 03:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Scanner still cause casting problems?
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-06-11 04:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

on BR2 would you use DD Frame to kill the 3 gears in the room to pop the NQ Cerb?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-11 08:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »

on BR2 would you use DD Frame to kill the 3 gears in the room to pop the NQ Cerb?

The rng frame destroys gears pretty quick one skill chain and they are dead quick.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-11 09:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When I do BRII as PUP, I make sure to carry quite a few bits of Dawn Mulsum, just more than enough to make it past the first Fly, Pudding, and both goblins. Sharpshot frame is easily the best frame to take down the fly, but up until you get alternator unlocked via ranged weapon pathos, Valoredge is a great frame because String Shredder chains well will Pummel. The resulting Darkness SC really tears down the pudding and goblins.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-11 09:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had this problem in Salvage II recently as well, where my WHM auto wouldn't cure either. I had all my usual healing attachments on, and would put up my light maneuvers, but not a single spell would be cast.

MP/HP/Spellcasting etc. was completely unlocked as well, since I have them unlocked immediately when I go through the pathos removal rune at floor 1.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-11 12:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one have cerb go on a roid rage of tp spam? Had muy mnk mule hit formless strikes and cerb lost his mfing mind the fight was going easy and I tried to speed it up MISTAKE. Anyone observe any weird mechanic like that????
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-11 12:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that was normal. He always seems to get spammy towards the end.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-11 12:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only seen that happen a handful of times I've done cerb, and my old salv 2 group used to spam BRII because atleast 2 people wanted usu plans.

I did see it happen recently, which was a shock to me
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-06-13 21:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel bad.... most of the questions asked here can be answered by watching my pup solo BRII video, wich was done before alternator era.

Now I know how BSTs every where felt when dynamis revamp came live. :'(