The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-04-04 01:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So just got warrior to 99 and a full set of flammu +1 (+2'd the head). What kinda capes do I need to make? Guide seems a bit out of date and I'm getting conflicting reports of DA+10% or +10 stp.

Also I don't even have a weapon yet, any suggestions for an easy one? Might go grab a Alluvion skirmish weapon to burn some of these stones from last month, I got a ton.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-04-04 02:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DA+10% is used in the majority of TP sets.

Montante +1 Greatsword from Sarama unity 135 is a very powerful easy to obtain weapon, some others include the ambuscade sword, 1h axe and even great axe, upgraded as far as you are able (sword and 1h axe will remain part of your arsenal even when high end geared, so will never be wasted upgrades).

Raetic algol(+1) also prob worth mentioning as you can buy it off AH.

What weapon you start off using will determine what ws cape you want to focus on first.
[+]
By lhova 2021-04-04 17:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey can anyone post their current Upheaval and TP sets? I have 5/5 r0 sakpata and but only +2 pummelers so I was trying to solo Omen but was having shitty luck. I subbed Sam and my Upheavals were doing ahitty damage, like 8-10k with 1k tp. I was killing so slow I didn’t even make it up the 1st zone. Not sure where I’m going wrong but I need War cards hence why I’m trying to solo with it.
By Aricomfy 2021-04-04 18:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
my Upheavals were doing ahitty damage, like 8-10k with 1k tp

Upheaval is one of those weaponskills that's absolute booty without proper buffs and even then, its damage by itself isn't as impressive as other options. What makes Chango/Upheaval so powerful is its skill chain damage and pretty high WS frequency. I'm not a fan of Upheaval as a weaponskill myself personally because my microscopic peanut brain likes big numbers on my screen but on paper, Upheaval can be far stronger than what it seems. At first, Upheaval might disappoint you immensely but after gearing it up to near BiS, it becomes insane. It just really depends on the type of buffs you're getting if it'll shine for you.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-04-04 18:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill suggest you to ws in sakpata or othet ma gear for low buff/tp upheaval or use ukko's fury, maybe fencer is even better for you atm
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-04-04 18:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey can anyone post their current Upheaval and TP sets? I have 5/5 r0 sakpata and but only +2 pummelers so I was trying to solo Omen but was having shitty luck. I subbed Sam and my Upheavals were doing ahitty damage, like 8-10k with 1k tp. I was killing so slow I didn’t even make it up the 1st zone. Not sure where I’m going wrong but I need War cards hence why I’m trying to solo with it.

What weapon and what TP were you at? At 1K without TP Bonus Upheaval is just a 4 hit WS with 80% VIT, you gear around VIT / DA but it's not very impressive. Around 2K the first hit starts to out damage all the rest so we pile on WSD with VIT and stuff MA into whatever slot isn't being filled by WSD/VIT. It sounds like your attack was low, which it would be if you were soloing Omen.
By lhova 2021-04-04 19:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m using r15 chango and I was tping in full sakpata because the first time I tried I got killed when too many agro me in omen. Trusts I was using was Yoran Koru EV Joachim and Ayame cause I figured I could skill chain with him. WS set had 30 vit wsd10 war back, r9 war beads+2 pummeler body +2, sakpata legs and hands, Sulev feet +2, salfi +1 r15 belt, moonshade tp, thrud, niqmaddu and epaminodas rings. Thought my gear was decent but couldn’t even one shot the fodder with upheaval. Maybe just use Nageling and blurred shield +1 and savage spam... idk
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-04-05 09:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m using r15 chango and I was tping in full sakpata because the first time I tried I got killed when too many agro me in omen. Trusts I was using was Yoran Koru EV Joachim and Ayame cause I figured I could skill chain with him. WS set had 30 vit wsd10 war back, r9 war beads+2 pummeler body +2, sakpata legs and hands, Sulev feet +2, salfi +1 r15 belt, moonshade tp, thrud, niqmaddu and epaminodas rings. Thought my gear was decent but couldn’t even one shot the fodder with upheaval. Maybe just use Nageling and blurred shield +1 and savage spam... idk

I'd have to see more detail because it's pretty easy to deal at least 15K without buffs against weaker mobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-05 09:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds remarkably low for R15 Chango. You are probably running into accuracy issues in your upheaval set. Even with just trust buffs, berserk, warcry etc, you should be able to hit the 15-18k range unless you're flat out missing hits. Do a checkparam in WS set and make sure you're not dipping anything low during swaps. That's an easy area you might lose a lot of damage.

What trusts were you using?

Point of using AAEV as warrior main? She won't keep hate on fodder. Ayame also next to nothing of a bonus unless you needed her for objective. Could /SAM for sekkanoki, though
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-05 09:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

he didn't use Qultada. No chaos roll right there, probably his biggest issue.
By SimonSes 2021-04-05 10:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also guess it's accuracy problem. Have you been using any food and more precisely accuracy food? What's your accuracy in that Upheaval set?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-05 13:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the community consensus that sakpatas hands/legs with be in our upheaval sets?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-05 13:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using them in my sets, Spaitin said something recently when it came out.

Spaitin said: »
King's Justice and Upheaval should probably use the legs and hands
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-04-05 14:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop EV and Ayame, use Qultada and Ulmia instead. You'll be your own tank and SC off yourself.
By lhova 2021-04-05 18:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Without food my Upheaval ws set is 1156
By Spaitin 2021-04-09 09:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on the new guide.

I have stalled a bit on it. I am in the last 2 weeks of college and I am working full time. A little overwhelmed.

Give me a couple weeks and I will be back at it.

I know I promised it a while back, but life comes at you fast lol.

Also these last few pages made me decide to put a category in on recommended trust set ups.
[+]
By Kikomizuhara 2021-04-09 20:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the update^^
By Mitsuomisan 2021-04-11 01:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody build a strong ws magic set ? I'd like to do one since we kill dyna D w3 boss that way.

Cor and sam are going way ahead of me on this fight. Apparentlyoof set set with ambuscade scythe might be a strong choice.

As for the armors I only find out odyssean and alexander body to be worth it. Augments are so random on this piece that it's hard to get good pieces. Way easier for cor and sam.

Any suggestion ?
By tallica 2021-04-11 01:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitsuomisan said: »
Has anybody build a strong ws magic set ? I'd like to do one since we kill dyna D w3 boss that way.

Cor and sam are going way ahead of me on this fight. Apparentlyoof set set with ambuscade scythe might be a strong choice.

As for the armors I only find out odyssean and alexander body to be worth it. Augments are so random on this piece that it's hard to get good pieces. Way easier for cor and sam.

Any suggestion ?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/
Second post has cloudsplitter sets. Not sure how current it is though
By SimonSes 2021-04-11 02:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

4/5 Nyame and sacro body is the easiest set. Adding path b to Nyame will eventually make whole set bis 5/5.
By Mitsuomisan 2021-04-11 09:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

tallica said: »

Any suggestion ?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/
Second post has cloudsplitter sets. Not sure how current it is though

Yeah need odyssean for that and i'm always so unlucky with augments... Most retarted mecanic i've even seen.

I wish i could get the Nyame but I'm farm from it. Just started odyssey.

I wish war had easy ws magic stuff to farm like sam does..
By SimonSes 2021-04-11 10:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You can go from starting odyssey to having nyame in like 1h and 30+M of gils (not counting 2* 20h wait for KI, if you really started it just now)
By Mitsuomisan 2021-04-11 10:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You can go from starting odyssey to having nyame in like 1h and 30+M of gils (not counting 2* 20h wait for KI, if you really started it just now)

Wait, I must have missed something. I thought you need to kill all the boss to be able to buy nyame. So that means farming parcel a lot and it takes time. Am I missing something here ?
By Wyrmnax 2021-04-11 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestion ?

Doesnt xloudsplitter have a better ftp to begin with, as well as having scaling?

Not being darkness based is also a two edged sword. You dont get bonus for permanent weather, but you dont deal with darkness resistance ob fomors.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-04-11 11:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, I must have missed something. I thought you need to kill all the boss to be able to buy nyame. So that means farming parcel a lot and it takes time. Am I missing something here ?

Anyone who has Bumba access can pull you into the fight. Only the leader has to have a fight or Vengeance level unlocked.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-04-11 13:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that he thought the gear would be free after kill Bumba
Its 7.5m per piece
By SimonSes 2021-04-11 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
Its 7.5m per piece

I thought you need to kill all the boss to be able to buy nyame.

I doubt he thought it's free. He simply didnt know only leader need to be able to pop Bumba.
By Mitsuomisan 2021-04-11 14:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
Its 7.5m per piece

I thought you need to kill all the boss to be able to buy nyame.

I doubt he thought it's free. He simply didnt know only leader need to be able to pop Bumba.

Exactly, I knew it's not free, I've done a few boss already. Don't think I'll be able to find someone to push me throught it but it's good to know thanks guys !

About xloud, we usually go for darkness because of cor ws, that's why I was aiming for shadow of death.
By Wyrmnax 2021-04-12 08:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So.... vim torque +1

How good is it for tping in?

On one side, it gives acc and that nice sTP +10, when I am being a bit starved for fTP because ive been running full sakpata. Regain is just a small bonus.

On the other side, it is less acc than Warrior's beads +2, AND it is competing with 7%DA.

Thoughts?
By Nariont 2021-04-12 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So long as the 50hp/tic isnt causing you problems, its your best TP neck so far as im aware unless you need that extra 20~ acc that the war beads give you
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 224 225 226