Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 224 225 226
By ninjafox 2021-03-14 12:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not big on all of the calculations and what not, but does the Sakpata set pretty much replace Sulevia's?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-14 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The feet should still stick around for the WSD and decent attack/str. Hands look to be completely replaced and the legs were already beaten by R15 tatenashi +1. The body and head weren't used for much.
By Spaitin 2021-03-14 23:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ninjafox said: »
I'm not big on all of the calculations and what not, but does the Sakpata set pretty much replace Sulevia's?
The Feet are the only ones worth keeping anymore. Even they are replaceable at this point. Sulevia and flamma are mostly replaced by sakpata. Especially after augments. once you have good enough augments, you will use sakpata for the "break" WS

Nyame feet with augments are much better than sulevia when you dont have attack cap. Sakpata are better when you do.
By Spaitin 2021-03-16 20:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, back from vacation. War guide is getting some progress now.
[+]
By Elikins 2021-03-17 14:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting patiently on the guide being done by Spaitin, looking ahead, what would an ideal Tp set look like, ive just got the full sakpata set, still working through the rest of the nms to unlock the boss.
By GwenStacy 2021-03-17 14:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Alright, back from vacation. War guide is getting some progress now.

are you updating on bgwiki?
 Cerberus.Caius
Server: Cerberus
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-03-17 16:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Hybrid set was posted last page. Tp hasn't changed. Ws sets are untested

Also on last page, new guide is incoming. I just need to finish it.

Correct me if something has Changed since...but on page 187 Spaitin posted that TP set havent changed. I believe this new set is just the new standard for Hybrid sets and changes WS sets
By Spaitin 2021-03-18 12:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »
are you updating on bgwiki?
No, Making a new guide similar to this one.
By Thunderjet 2021-03-18 14:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrmnax said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
So what sub are you guys using for Odyssey farming? /Nin /Sam /Drg /Dnc?

I saw a couple wars running around with Naeling Fencer so I was wondering what's the sub for that build given the nature of farming and weapon switching.

War/drg with fencer has been my go-to.

Tp, then a single WS finishes most mobs on floor 1 and 2. Can quickly switch to club for slashing resistant mobs too ( there are plenty ). Can switch to a shining one for piercing, but usually you want blunt instead of piercing.

War/Sam has the flexibility to easily go piercing with shining one, but my chango has honestly been catching dust.

/nin with sakpata could possibly be great too, since if you bring cor + brd you should be atk capped on the first floor or two. But I am missing a few key pieces, so I have not been using it too much. Easy switch to blunt too with loxotic +1, BUT you dont get the tp bonus from fencer unless you drop dw.

is that decent for decimation or only for cloud/ Savage?
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-18 18:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »

is that decent for decimation or only for cloud/ Savage?

War/drg for single hand using WSes that benefit from TP. So no decimation, but great for Savage Blade or Judgment/Black Halo.

War/nin is great for decimation, and you can use loxotic +1 in main hand to have a decent Black Halo/Judgment. But you will be lacking on that second WS compared to fencer/drg, although you do TP faster.
By Taint 2021-03-18 18:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mistral Axe for /DRG

Farsha AM3 plus mistral axe spam is very potent. Extra credit
For pulling with Mistral.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-03-22 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really feeling /DRG for fencer. Sure the WSDMG boost is great/applies to every hit of a weaponskill. But the jumps don't really do anything for me due to the timers/1 handed delay tp return. (Different story on DRG main due to lower recast).

When I have to switch to 2 Handed Weapons, it just feels wrong lol.

High Jump is great but the recast timer feels like an eternity subbed.

/SAM still works very well for everything and if I have to switch to Chango/Shining One for something it helps. Even the store tp/meditate/sekka isn't too shabby for Fencer.

It's not like anything is prohibiting you from using /SAM and Fencer.

I've also been playing around with a 5 hit build using Loxotic +1 to my amusement.

/DNC does let you throw on a Haste Samba, and allows you to Dual Wield if damage mitigation isn't an issue as well. Decimation is rather nice, and Ambu Sword/Tp Bonus Axe is just lovely.

At this point it all just feels like preference. The best part of the job is adaptability/flexibility.

YMMV, play however you enjoy it the best.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-22 15:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Skar, stop distracting Spaitin!
[+]
 Valefor.Grenseal
Server: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-03-22 20:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm not really feeling /DRG for fencer. Sure the WSDMG boost is great/applies to every hit of a weaponskill. But the jumps don't really do anything for me due to the timers/1 handed delay tp return. (Different story on DRG main due to lower recast).

When I have to switch to 2 Handed Weapons, it just feels wrong lol.

High Jump is great but the recast timer feels like an eternity subbed.

/SAM still works very well for everything and if I have to switch to Chango/Shining One for something it helps. Even the store tp/meditate/sekka isn't too shabby for Fencer.

It's not like anything is prohibiting you from using /SAM and Fencer.

I've also been playing around with a 5 hit build using Loxotic +1 to my amusement.

/DNC does let you throw on a Haste Samba, and allows you to Dual Wield if damage mitigation isn't an issue as well. Decimation is rather nice, and Ambu Sword/Tp Bonus Axe is just lovely.

At this point it all just feels like preference. The best part of the job is adaptability/flexibility.

YMMV, play however you enjoy it the best.

I go sword, club, spear on /DRG. Seems pretty strong.
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-25 10:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guys having better results with judgment or Black Halo on that Loxotic +1? I am.... undecided....
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-25 10:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guys having better results with judgment or Black Halo on that Loxotic +1? I am.... undecided....

judgement for me it seems.
 Valefor.Grenseal
Server: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-03-25 11:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Judgement
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-25 12:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i've put all warrior changes in a holding pattern until the new guide is released honestly though :P
By Spaitin 2021-03-25 14:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

judgement for sure. Sorry, I am having a bit busier time than I thought I was after my vacation, so progress is slow, but progress is still being made.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-03-25 15:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm not really feeling /DRG for fencer.

It only really shines when you have a DNC main in the party, or when you're in a group where you tank often/pull hate easily - the TP Return from Retaliation is crazy good. It's also better than 2h for low buff situations, as unintuitive as that might be, and it might pull ahead in uber-buff moments with PDL gear due to the Attack bonus from Naegling.

It's as situational as any other build. It's certainly inferior to /sam for 2handers. It's however currently the better option for a low-to-mid-range WAR that does not have rema gaxes yet, but has one of Naegling/Dolichenus/Firangi/Reikiko/Loxotic - any of which could come from other jobs.
 Odin.Aurelius
Server: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2021-03-29 11:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an updated tank/offtank set for Warrior? I assume it would be a mixture of Sovereign+1 and Sakpata. Or completely different sets based on what you're fighting?
By SimonSes 2021-03-29 11:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Aurelius said: »
Is there an updated tank/offtank set for Warrior? I assume it would be a mixture of Sovereign+1 and Sakpata. Or completely different sets based on what you're fighting?

5/5 Sakpata. I would only use Sov for provoke.
By Flonk 2021-04-01 17:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has BiS TP set for Chango changed at all (SAM roll active)?
Still flamma head, tatenashi body/hands, pummeler legs/feet? No sakpata included?

I'm mostly interested for Sheol C segment farming, so I'm thinking I might need a mix of Sakpata for the DT? All of my Sakpata is currently R0.

BiS Upheaval set still Agoge head, pummeler's body, ody hands/legs, sulevia feet?

Appreciate the advice.
 Leviathan.Eloc
Server: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2021-04-01 18:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Flonk said: »
Has BiS TP set for Chango changed at all (SAM roll active)?
Still flamma head, tatenashi body/hands, pummeler legs/feet? No sakpata included?

I'm mostly interested for Sheol C segment farming, so I'm thinking I might need a mix of Sakpata for the DT? All of my Sakpata is currently R0.

BiS Upheaval set still Agoge head, pummeler's body, ody hands/legs, sulevia feet?

Appreciate the advice.
TP set hasn't changed.

In Segment Farm (And most other things) I'm in my hybrid set usually.

On my Upheaval set, I now use Sakpata hands/legs instead of Odyssean, to good results.
[+]
By lhova 2021-04-01 21:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people swapping to Sakpata even unranked over current chango TP and WS sets? Doesn’t have any wsd on them so I don’t get how they’re better than odyssean leg and hands.
 Asura.Bynebill
Server: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-04-01 21:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior is a high attack class, can take advantage of the PDL on the pieces.

Even r0 its our best hybrid set by far.
By lhova 2021-04-01 21:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So people are using full set as hybrid and using hands and legs for upheaval?
By Kikomizuhara 2021-04-01 23:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You saw how my war was in that segment party I invited you to. XD

I wasn't in danger of dying using full sakpata (with 10 pdt on cape) and the two pieces were were boosting Upheaval. I do have that little augment on hands though.
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-04-02 01:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

guide seems a bit outdated. is the ambuscade great axe worth getting or a waste of time? what about ambuscade great sword?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-04-02 02:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
guide seems a bit outdated. is the ambuscade great axe worth getting or a waste of time? what about ambuscade great sword?

Ambu gaxe is more of a RUN utility (breaks) or starter DRK piece. Aim for Chango. Ambu greatsword is ok, but Raetic +1 or augmented Montante +1 are better goals.
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 224 225 226