The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 224 225 226
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-21 22:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

any updated tp sets for rag and chango? just trying to gauge where im at with my war gear and such
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-21 23:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Afliction said: »
any updated tp sets for rag and chango? just trying to gauge where im at with my war gear and such

Updated for what and why Rag? Unless your underbuffed or status ailment crippled, use a Monte +1 or Raetic. Yes they are better then Rag for Reso spamming.

Here is my Chango set

ItemSet 350357

Here is my Monte +1 set, yes it ends up being the same as Chango because of similar delay and both having Store TP on them. In the case of Monte I'm actually running a few points over on Store TP but can't find a sensible way to drop them for more Multi-Attack.

ItemSet 353033

And if your still curious here is my Rag set,

ItemSet 342759

One of the really annoying things with Rag is the high Store TP you need to reach a 5-hit. It forces you to sacrifice a lot of Multi-Attack. Monte +1 not only has a higher delay, it also comes with Store TP +11 and TA +5. You can pile on as much Multi-Attack as you can find while still hitting a 5-hit, which a Corsair brings to a 4-hit which turns into a WS -> Attack Round -> WS spam fest.
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-22 16:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Updated for what and why Rag? Unless your underbuffed or status ailment crippled, use a Monte +1 or Raetic. Yes they are better then Rag for Reso spamming.

Here is my Chango set

ItemSet 350357

Here is my Monte +1 set, yes it ends up being the same as Chango because of similar delay and both having Store TP on them. In the case of Monte I'm actually running a few points over on Store TP but can't find a sensible way to drop them for more Multi-Attack.

ItemSet 353033

ItemSet 342759

One of the really annoying things with Rag is the high Store TP you need to reach a 5-hit. It forces you to sacrifice a lot of Multi-Attack. Monte +1 not only has a higher delay, it also comes with Store TP +11 and TA +5. You can pile on as much Multi-Attack as you can find while still hitting a 5-hit, which a Corsair brings to a 4-hit which turns into a WS -> Attack Round -> WS spam fest.
ty, rag because I spent yadda yadda yadda amount of gil on it and I don't really want to replace idm not being first on the parse, but I like my rag
 Shiva.Afliction
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-22 16:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my Chango set

ItemSet 350357

ItemSet 353033

ItemSet 342759

also can I see your wskill set? my tp set for change is identical just making sure I was close for that
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 16:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

also can I see your wskill set?

Which WS set?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 16:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ty, rag because I spent yadda yadda yadda amount of gil on it and I don't really want to replace idm not being first on the parse, but I like my rag

Just letting you know it gets beat pretty easily on WS spam by a Weapon that's much easier to get. Rag's only good when you need a lot more accuracy.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sarama

Same NM that drops a really good sword.
 Shiva.Afliction
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-02-22 17:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just letting you know it gets beat pretty easily on WS spam by a Weapon that's much easier to get. Rag's only good when you need a lot more accuracy.

upheaval and reso if u wouldn't mind
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-22 18:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Resolution

ItemSet 342760

Upheaval for 2K TP

ItemSet 350857

Still need a few upgrades on the Upheaval set cause Oseem can suck a ***.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-02-26 08:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, I’ve been using Moonlight Rings for Hybrid (these are too good) but GS sometimes has trouble adding both rings at the same time (probably because same name issues) is there any way to fix this? Maybe get one of them signed?
By olson2189 2018-02-26 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Resolution

ItemSet 342760

Upheaval for 2K TP

ItemSet 350857

Do you have a separate MS Reso set?
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-01 17:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I think the paradigm has been shaken up a little bit due to Agoge Mask...

Looking at the Spreadsheet I'm finding new upsets in Reso and Upheaval sets (Yes, the spreadsheet is known to be inaccurate for Melee DPS but it has been established that it's WS Findings are usually accurate)

Resolution
ItemSet 314503
Knob was beating Seething by around 350 average WSD
Agoge +3 + Lust was beating Flamma Head and Feet by 400~ WSD however you can keep the Feet for the Acc support if desired and only lose around 120 or so.

Upheaval
ItemSet 314499
Ody Hands and Legs are VIT assumed VIT 15, WSD 4%, Acc/Attack +25

Also, the gap between Upheaval and Resolution is very small now. Resolution spam will still be better but by how much is definitely shrinking. One could easily spam Upheaval if they wanted to (not saying they should but still..)

So it's looking like the two are close enough to where if you wanted to for shiggles, or if you were fighting something with enough Defense to where you just cant cap pDIF.. Upheaval spam could edge out
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-01 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Looking at the Spreadsheet I'm finding new upsets in Reso and Upheaval sets (Yes, the spreadsheet is known to be inaccurate for Melee DPS but it has been established that it's WS Findings are usually accurate)

Something is wrong with your setup if WSD is doing anything for you. WAR's average something like 6.5~6.8 hits on Resolution, doing a small boost to the first one is pretty insignificant. Knob was already losing to Seething though not by much and would win if you weren't attack capped. I'm willing to bet your not capping attack in your sheets for whatever reason, or that it's not taking the set bonus of Flamma into account. And yes Chango + Upheaval is pretty damn powerful already, not quite as good as Reso but it has better SC properties.

The differences are

Quote:
Flamma +1 Head / Feet
31+36+8 = 75 STR
32+31+8 = 71 DEX
TA +5
DA +6

Agoge +3 Head / Lustrado +1 Feet
35+47 = 82 STR
28+48 = 76 DEX
WSD +10

Some best case scenario stuff having the 7 extra STR and 4 extra DEX be around 1% gain and the WSD +10 being 1.5% gain (6.6/6.5). DA +3 was under a bit under 1% gain from awhile back, so TA +5 DA +6 should be well over the 2% gain. The moment you walk into Escha then the gain from STR plummets even lower. Getting fighters roll would make the TA/DA go down also.

So what was the test conditions on your spreed sheet?
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-03-01 19:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I think the paradigm has been shaken up a little bit due to Agoge Mask...

Resolution
ItemSet 314503
Knob was beating Seething by around 350 average WSD
Agoge +3 + Lust was beating Flamma Head and Feet by 400~ WSD however you can keep the Feet for the Acc support if desired and only lose around 120 or so.

Upheaval
ItemSet 314499
Ody Hands and Legs are VIT assumed VIT 15, WSD 4%, Acc/Attack +25

Also, the gap between Upheaval and Resolution is very small now. Resolution spam will still be better but by how much is definitely shrinking. One could easily spam Upheaval if they wanted to (not saying they should but still..)

So it's looking like the two are close enough to where if you wanted to for shiggles, or if you were fighting something with enough Defense to where you just cant cap pDIF.. Upheaval spam could edge out

Resolution

ItemSet 342760

Upheaval for 2K TP

ItemSet 350857

ty so much for all this Set and Info guys :D

A great Time Saver :)

btw where is WAR Spreadsheet? I would like to input some armor and check it out myself.

Thanks in Advance guys.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-02 04:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's against a Serac Rabbit so there's literally no way pDIF isn't capped with those buffs but it has somewhat average defensive stats. I stay away from something like Tojil because his Defense is just nuts.

Also, yes, WSD will only boost the first hit of Reso and should not normally make a difference but even that small boost is adding up.

I'm using Byrth's updated spreadsheet that has the fixed pDIF values as well as Armor and gear updated to just before Omen so the 121 Weapons and other good stuff are there, Just had to add set values to retain accuracy.

Small fix, Byrth had Seething as STR +4 instead of 5 (that's probably going to be the norm unless you insist on keeping your Unity at #1)
At STR+4 it loses to Knob slightly
At STR +5 it wins against Knob slightly
Call it a wash? *Shrugs*

Edit:
Here's the link to Byrth's stash
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19YIAvnHiitx2YSWa-jQ31GlRCgteuQgK/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-02 08:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

At STR +5 it wins against Knob slightly
Call it a wash? *Shrugs*

That's what we knew already.

Also, yes, WSD will only boost the first hit of Reso and should not normally make a difference but even that small boost is adding up.

It doesn't "add up", it's a 10% boost on the first hit of what should normally be 6.5~7 hits. This exact same argument was had with the AF+3 body. There is likely something else happening in there but a screenshot is useless, need to actual spreedsheet itself to dig through it. Don't forget Flamma comes with Store TP +12 between those two items, that is less Store TP needed for your TP set and extra Store TP builds the power of the next Resolution. All the Relic +3 head and Lustrado feet give is a small STR bonus and +10% damage on the first hit of a 6~7 hit WS while the Flamma +1 set gives a high amount of Multi-Attack and Store TP.

Ok looking over that spreedsheet, it's quite out of date and somethings going on with it internally. You need to remember to manually put in Flamma's set bonus, that's what the "custom" field is for. Somehow it's exaggerating the first hit of a WS, playing around with WSD values I was able to get results that don't line up to observation. It's the same sheet I had from awhile back and I stopped using it because it was off. One of Austar's sims is normally more accurate and can more importantly can give a greater insight into ~why~ something is the way it is.

Also you weren't capping attack, close but not there. I had to manually edit Chaos Roll and add the GEO buffs to get capped pDiff.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-02 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I added the Set bonuses for Flamma +2 in there :) Should see them on the first Screenshot actually. As for the STP on TP return, I thought about that but couldn't figure exactly how that would play out with the Melee portion of the spreads being borked.. SOMEWHERE.. lol

As for the Sim.. I guess we have to get Austar to get cracking on making one for every job. I believe he/she hasn't made one for WAR/BLU/Others yet?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-02 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

no, just sam drg and rune. started one for ninja, though. starting new ones gives me more ideas or better ways to do something and since warrior will be one of the more complicated ones to write, it’ll probably be a bit and at that point i’ll re build the others from scratch too. i wanted to have several options to build around like simulated usage of job abilities based on party setup so it’ll be awhile.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-02 14:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I added the Set bonuses for Flamma +2 in there :) Should see them on the first Screenshot actually. As for the STP on TP return, I thought about that but couldn't figure exactly how that would play out with the Melee portion of the spreads being borked.. SOMEWHERE.. lol

As for the Sim.. I guess we have to get Austar to get cracking on making one for every job. I believe he/she hasn't made one for WAR/BLU/Others yet?

Original screenshot shows nothing for flamma being entered

https://i.imgur.com/Jj7ISdG.jpg

The "Custom" field is what we're looking for and we need to manually put an 8 for STR/DEX/VIT values.

In all cases we're talking a 1~3% damage range because of how extremely optimized Resolution sets on WAR have become. It's feasible that we've stretched stat and MA stacking to such a point that it's largely irrelevant and something like +WSD would be the last place to find damage at, as small as that would of been.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-02 14:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Set bonuses do not show up in the custom field; they get directly appended to the total category.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-03-02 14:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheavel

Current:
ItemSet 357132

Cichol's Mantle (VIT+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 WSD+10%)

Next Step on updating armor:
ItemSet 357133

Valorous (Aim: ACC+20~25 ATK+20~25 WSD+4% VIT+15)
Odyssean (Aim: ACC+20~25 ATK+20~25 WSD+4% VIT+15)

Does this seem good?

Trying to update what I can till I can get to the Ideal SET:

ItemSet 357135

Odyssean (ACC+25 ATK+25 VIT+15 WSD+4%)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-02 15:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That works out fine, Sulevia's at +2 is surprising good with Upheaval.
[+]
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-03-02 16:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That works out fine, Sulevia's at +2 is surprising good with Upheaval.
Thank You Saevel :)
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-03-02 19:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

btw when augmenting "Valorous Mask" / "Odyssean Cuisses" / "Odyssean Gauntlets" What should the main focus be?

VIT+15 ACC+25 ATK+25 WSD+4% (Ideal max) but doubt it will come that.

so should Focus on VIT+10~15 ACC+20~ ATK+20~ WSD+4%
or

VIT+10~15 ACC+ WSD+4% ?

or

VIT+10~15 ATK+ WSD+4 %?

Please help ><
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-02 20:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

VIT 10~15 WSD 4~5 and Acc of 15~25, Atk too if possible. Don't worry too much about the head cause Relic +2/3 will replace it.

Remember that VIT and WSD have limits based on the stone.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-02 20:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

probably do some work on a warrior sim this weekend since people keep asking about a warrior one, moreso than a ninja one, if people want to get some race/sub combos with like /sam, /nin, /dnc and whatever else they want. I might get something up with just GA and GS options to start out with and work on adding fencer/DW options on the side if people are interested in that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-02 20:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/SAM for most GS / GA action, also used for Fencer builds which are super situational. WAR/NIN with swords and vorpal blade or even rampage is also kinda fun to derp around with.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-03-02 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume WAR with maxed attribute merits:

No SJ /SAM /DRK /NIN /DNC
STR: 97 109 112 109 107
DEX: 93 104 104 105 104
VIT : 90 101 101 101 98
AGI: 93 102 102 105 105
INT : 84 92 95 93 91
MND: 84 92 89 89 91
CHR: 87 96 92 94 99
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-02 21:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

also what's the cumulative total of gifts? pain in the butt to try to get on mobile?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-03-02 21:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Double attack you mean? 18% at 99, 28% at 1900 JP, and up to 5% with merits.
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 224 225 226