Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 76 77 78
By SSJAV 2012-12-03 15:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rorien said: »
Its so funny. Urteil posted a challenge to a fight..everyone says he has all these weaknesses..other people say they can win...i know on my server there used to be people talking about how they were the best pvp ever. what i dont get is...if ur the best why cant u just transfer over and fight already. is everyone so dam poor they cant afford it? why is all this training required? should you already be good? if all the people who claim they can win are as good as they think they should have gear already. i want some pay per view already. my money is on Urteil. Less talk more fighting.
For one, most people who are "good" at pvp (Atleast, back when people did it.) Actually had pvp gear. This is 1v1 which requires different type of equipment because it's basically who can counter the other person's build better to win. >.>
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-12-03 15:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have my pride and honor but I realize the truth much more. I know Urteil can kick my butt worse than Kali can beat me in Chess. ._.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-03 15:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess what I don't understand is, why are you so adverse to the test server? Your stated goal is to fight, win and be strong right? Even with a no reward at all, you're likely to get more challenges and it's likely to be fun for both sides.

1. Test server allows you to fight more people, and more likely to be skilled people because they tend to be those who are more invested in the game and thus won't transfer. More people, particularly people from other servers offer new challenges. Despite the forums and other connections between servers, there tends to be some differences between each in style and such. It's like fighting people with different weapons and strats from other countries and figuring out how to win against them.

2. If you really think there might be some kind of issue with the test server that would actually pose an issue to a fight... Who cares? It's a new challenge to overcome, a new thing to adapt and win anyway. A fight isn't just about the opponent, but growing your own skills in ever changing variables. Using this as a reason not to is like those historical duels where people claimed poor footing or being in an unfamiliar area as reasons for declining.

3. If you care about their gear, then you can screen people, if they seem like a decent fight, you can confirm their gear and accept.

4. Better yet, who cares if they get all the best gear on the test server without working for it? Beat them anyway despite them having access to all sorts of gear and if you loose? So what, loosing shows you your weaknesses and lets you strengthen them for your next fight. If you challenge people with unlimited access to gear then you get a better and more fun fight.

For someone who loves ballista like you do, I just don't see any downside here. And if there's anything you don't like, add some rules to make it more interesting. I feel like you're really loosing out on some fun by dismissing prior suggestions.

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I know, I'm about to start topicbanning the complainers. They really don't need to muck this thread up.

I apologize in advance if this is considered complaining or mucking up the thread but I feel its worth asking.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 15:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you know you guys are funny. You guys act like I said I would win. I said point blank it wasn't worth 50 bucks for a chance to win. I never said Urteil was bad either. you could spend 50 bucks on something else that won't be named and you have probably just as much chance to get the money in the game but you don't have to be on a different server for a month or however long it is.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 15:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Screening would be incredibly tedious and is unnecessary as this shouldn't be a factor. The gear/items/advantages are what you earned.
2) Getting your gear, resources, and your time spent in the game is a "skill".
3) The fight there can/will always be questioned as the environment is not standard.
4) Concerning that some things like level-sync don't function properly that can of worms needs to be avoided.
5)This way nobody can make excuses when they lose, especially me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-03 15:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure everyone wishes they could beat Urteil but they know they can't so they deal with their inferiority complex by telling themselves they don't care or it doesn't matter.

What percentage of the total population box or care about boxing? (You can say this about almost anything and the answer will be small). I don't think I've ever watched a televised boxing match, I don't know who the champion is, and I really don't care about boxing at all, it has zero impact on my life. I still know though that it is tough as ***to be boxing champion and defend your title from all takers. Me not caring doesn't diminish the accomplishment at all, this is the position Urteil is in.

People who PvP in FFXI know they are a small minority, they do it because they love it and there are other people who do care and can respect their commitment. This thread is aimed at finding more of those people, not at the general public who we already know don't give a ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-12-03 15:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Escorian said: »
lol you know you guys are funny. You guys act like I said I would win. I said point blank it wasn't worth 50 bucks for a chance to win. I never said Urteil was bad either. you could spend 50 bucks on something else that won't be named and you have probably just as much chance to get the money in the game but you don't have to be on a different server for a month or however long it is.

I'll take that as a no.
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 15:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

most people don't care about his position a lot of people who have problems with urteil are people who dislike the attitude he is giving other players because they say something in this thread. like when I stated I would try it but it isn't worth the 50 bucks to transfer just to try.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-03 15:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the test server would also require that every participant uses Guildwork to catalog their gear, as FFXI community doesn't register all items, and can even over-look pivotal items like relics and empyreans. My Ukon is a great example. Isn't even listed on my profile. More, Guildwork can be tricked. It also can't properly parse items with augments like the Magian items, which can be generated on the test server, as far as I know.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-12-03 15:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

most people don't care about his position a lot of people who have problems with urteil are people who dislike the attitude he is giving other players because they say something in this thread. like when I stated I would try it but it isn't worth the 50 bucks to transfer just to try.

Don't say stupid things and people wont act like you are stupid?

And I offered you a free fight you could win 100k. I doubt you would have tried even if you was on your server.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 15:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, gw isn't perfect either. Confuses the level of empies/relics often.
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hapa said: »

And I offered you a free fight you could win 100k. I doubt you would have tried even if you was on your server.
maybe take your own advice here?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 15:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hapa this isn't your thread either afaik. Maybe you should stop just as well.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-03 15:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I guess what I don't understand is, why are you so adverse to the test server? Your stated goal is to fight, win and be strong right?

Reason seems pretty simple to me. The guy said that even if you transfer, it might take a bit before he has time to get to you. I'm pretty sure the guy has a life, whether online, offline, or both.

Who has time to fight every Tom, ***, and Harry who would want to throw down with Urteil when they have to put literally nothing at stake? There aren't enough hours in the day.

Making them transfer is a very effective way to narrow the field to serious applicants only.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-12-03 15:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Everyone who isnt urteil plz stop posting? ty.

I enjoy pvp, while stuck on asura I look for good matches. I see someone on a forum puff out their chest about it from asura, I offer a challenge and called his bluff.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 15:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it qualify as a bluff. More like /sunglasses a cream-puff.
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-12-03 15:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy pvp, while stuck on asura I look for good matches. I see someone on a forum puff out their chest about it from asura, I offer a challenge and called his bluff.
lol puff out my chest? where did I say I was great at pvp? or even good for that matter? Do yourself a favor.

Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 15:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We're here to talk about Urteil's challenge, make your thread. Like it's been suggested to many already through the pages.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-12-03 15:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Making them transfer is a very effective way to narrow the field to serious applicants only.

As long as you can accept that there will be people - qualified combatants - who cannot/will not leave their friends for ninety days, sure.

I have no issue with any of his rules, it's his contest. But not wanting a ninety-day trip to Phoenix doesn't make one a coward.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 15:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol puff out my chest? where did I say I was great at pvp? or even good for that matter? Do yourself a favor.

If I fought people like you anywhere all I'd have were a bunch of videos showing me spanking scrubs.

The difference is "now" there is a doubt as to that everyone will be incompetent, with quality material like you, I think the HD space isn't even worth using.

If you want to go prove your competence then go defeat Hapa, if you can't beat him then you are in some strange Dr. Who universe where you think you can even pose a threat to me.
By Himsaa 2012-12-03 15:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: 15 year olds who can't read or decipher sentences. Not one comment I've read is a person who is spewing "whiny ***". *** you are on a public forum on the *** internet, what the *** do you expect? I can't even act like an adult when everyone here expressing their opinion, concern, or suggestions is immediately flamed for being a wannabe, noskill, whatever whatever. Get real, people. This is like the redneck kid in your high school who spent every weekend fighting people then you wonder why he's good in a fight. You put the time into being good at something. Sweet dude.

Can't believe I got sucked into this shitty thread. I immediately regretted it. Forgot the average kid that played this game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-03 15:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

what
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 15:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

what
[+]
By krish 2012-12-03 15:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

As long as you can accept that there will be people - qualified combatants - who cannot/will not leave their friends for ninety days, sure.

I wouldn't leave my friends of a week to do something like this.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-12-03 15:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread is bringin out the crazies again!
[+]
 Phoenix.Cliamain
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2012-12-03 15:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no issue with any of his rules, it's his contest. But not wanting a ninety-day trip to Phoenix doesn't make one a coward.

Then don't people shouldn't come running their out of tune mouth. "I can beat him, just i don't want to waste my money."

If you are going to say these kinds of things just keep it to yourself and shut up. Saying you can and then running behind this is a clear show of cowardice.
[+]
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-12-03 15:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Himsaa said: »
ITT: 15 year olds who can't read or decipher sentences. Not one comment I've read is a person who is spewing "whiny ***". *** you are on a public forum on the *** internet, what the *** do you expect? I can't even act like an adult when everyone here expressing their opinion, concern, or suggestions is immediately flamed for being a wannabe, noskill, whatever whatever. Get real, people. This is like the redneck kid in your high school who spent every weekend fighting people then you wonder why he's good in a fight. You put the time into being good at something. Sweet dude.

Can't believe I got sucked into this shitty thread. I immediately regretted it. Forgot the average kid that played this game.

Awwww shii~.....ish just got real in her.

For realzies though, Urteil laid down the challenge, with explicit rules, right from the start, never made excuses, and has to deal with all different kinds of reasons for why they could not challenge him. Some are legit like not wanting to pay real money just for a chance at winning in game currency. Others are just plain excuses. Point is, if you want to take the challenge, post here, let him know, and get the show started. If not, kick back and relax, don't hate on the guy for boasting just because he's good at what he does. Sure he can seem abrasive, but if you had people talking a big game that never wanted to back it up, wouldn't you get a little annoyed too?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-03 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no magical way to automatically determine whether someone is a qualified combatant. There's no perfect filter, yet the number of hours in a day dictates there has to be SOME filter. An imperfect filter is better than nothing.

It doesn't make you a coward, but if you're not going to accept his terms, i don't see the purpose of spending four pages claiming you could beat him if you felt like it.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-03 15:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread so far:

OP: Come fight me! You only have to pay RL $ and give up 3 months with your friends.

Us: Man, this fight looks like so much fun. I'd love to try it out, but I don't have the money and/or can't/won't ditch my friends/LS for 3 months for this laughably low amount of gil(or any gil at all)

OP&friends: HA, I AM THE BEST. YOU ARE A COWARD AND LOSER.

Us: Well, why not take this to the test server, pending tests to determine how different it is from the real servers, if at all.

OP&friends: NO, TOO MUCH WORK, YOU ARE A CHICKEN OR ELSE YOU'D COME FIGHT ME NOW!

Obviously, I skipped the idiots who say it'd be easy to beat the OP. It certainly wouldn't be and I don't think anyone who gave this a serious glance thought it would be. But the OP has been very hostile to the people who give him criticism because they can't meet his harsh demands to fight him. Thus, I feel the test server at a reduced gil reward would be the best option for all.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not wanting the trip does not make you a coward.

Posting that you are "powerful" while knowing the limitations of you not coming. Does.

Here is the flow of things as I see it:

The challenge was posted, this is courageous as it opens up the doors to conflict and places the poster in an advantageous position.

The challenge must now be received as challengers must either accept or retreat further as the first move was made by the other party - which placed "me" at risk.

If people don't want to transfer than don't, they aren't the cowards, the cowards are people saying "I wanna fight you" or "You aren't ***you only fight dumb people" but then do not pay.

When you say things like that but knew you couldn't deliver or "pay" then you are either stupid or a coward.

100,000,000g is a pretty harsh reward, combined with paying the victor's fee home. . .
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 76 77 78