Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-10-03 22:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The delusions of 1.80 gas happening again is cute.

Why don't we wish back the Clinton years while we're at it?

It could happen, it would just require a severe recovery of the US dollar.

Or a new market severely threatening the gas market.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-10-03 22:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Even though he spoke better, I still don't know any of Romney's policy plans.

Vote for me, I'll figure it out later.

Romney's plan is to hope enough people are tired of Obama simply to vote for anyone... a potato, an apple with kitty ears or Mitt Romney.
Don't you think it's a bit terrifying that people in general are so sick of Obama that they're nearly ready to elect a potato Romney? I completely agree with you on Romney's "Vote for me because I'm not Obama" platform, and it scares me that he could potentially win with it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 22:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A war wrapped in the warm blanket of national security and much Republican time devoted to repealing Obamacare and the same sex marriage ban.

Oh the economy? Deregulate and Trickle-Down mofos.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 23:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Even though he spoke better, I still don't know any of Romney's policy plans.

Vote for me, I'll figure it out later.

Romney's plan is to hope enough people are tired of Obama simply to vote for anyone... a potato, an apple with kitty ears or Mitt Romney.
Don't you think it's a bit terrifying that people in general are so sick of Obama that they're nearly ready to elect a potato Romney? I completely agree with you on Romney's "Vote for me because I'm not Obama" platform, and it scares me that he could potentially win with it.

it just shows you how well propaganda works, as there's really few things to *** about when it comes to Obama when the republicans wouldn't have done the same, as far as the general population goes.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 23:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Comma, semi-colon; aren't they essentially the same?

I don't know.

IMO punctuation beyond when actually trying to get certain points across differently is pure semantics, and the only people that worry about it are English nerds who have nothing better to do.

Grammar is an entirely different ballpark imo though.
Eh, punctuation does make a difference if you're really trying to make a strong point. A comma is a brief pause in reading, as in a listing within a sentence, a pause to designate an imbedded phrase, or an indicator of a conjunction adding in a separate, but strongly related additional thought.

Semi-colons designate a moderate pause; you're moving on to a new idea, but it's at least moderately related to the previous one.

Colons designate strong pauses. The idea you're moving on to is a new idea, but it relies on the previous statement to remain in context: you should realize its a new idea, but shouldn't stop reading there. It can also designate a list that is more strongly removed from the sentence than commas.

Periods designate a complete stop. You're not necessarily moving on to a new topic, but the idea you've put forth is finished.

I am not defending my use of punctuation in the above post. It was written for informal demonstration purposes and could be wrong.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 23:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »

but but but, he gave 90 billion to those failing companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herp derp!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 23:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »

Hence why you kill alternative energy programs.

Wouldn't want us getting off fossil fuels.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-03 23:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know.

IMO punctuation beyond when actually trying to get certain points across differently is pure semantics, and the only people that worry about it are English nerds who have nothing better to do.

Eh, punctuation does make a difference if your really trying to make a strong point. A comma is a brief pause in reading, as in a listing within a sentence, a pause to designate an imbedded phrase, or an indicator of a conjunction adding in a separate, but strongly related additional thought.

Semi-colons designate a moderate pause; your moving on to a new idea, but it's at least moderately related to the previous one.

Colons designate strong pauses. The idea your moving on to is a new idea, but it relies on the previous statement to remain in context: you should realize its a new idea, but shouldn't stop reading there. It can also designate a list that is more strongly removed from the sentence than commas.

Period designate a complete stop. Your not necessarily moving on to a new topic, but the idea you've put forth is finished.

I am not defending my use of punctuation in the above post. It was written for informal demonstration purposes and could be wrong.
FTFY
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2012-10-03 23:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Asura.Lilbuttons said: »

Just sayin.

Wait wait wait! Hold up! I don't know where this is, but the summer of 2008 was the first time gas reached $4.00/gallon here! Houston is four hours southeast of me. The coast of SE TX is noting but refineries.

Calling BS on that pic unless it's from Alaska.

gas dropped to $3.03 in lubbock over the summer for a day then jumped back up to like $3.75~$4.00+

A fluctuation in gas prices conveniently around an election. No offence intended at all, Volk, but do you remember the run on gas and people going apeshit that summer? People lost their ***the way they do when there's a patch of ice on the road here!

I remember that summer to a T! That's when I was looking for my first job out of college. The BF, at the time, was working as a commercial property manager. They lost their Christmas bonuses that year!

EDIT: They lost their Christmas bonuses because the company had to instate reimbursement for mileage, or that was the first thought that jumped to many people's minds.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 23:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know.

Eh, punctuation does make a difference if you're really trying to make a strong point. A comma is a brief pause in reading, as in a listing within a sentence, a pause to designate an imbedded phrase, or an indicator of a conjunction adding in a separate, but strongly related additional thought.

Semi-colons designate a moderate pause; you're moving on to a new idea, but it's at least moderately related to the previous one.

Colons designate strong pauses. The idea you're moving on to is a new idea, but it relies on the previous statement to remain in context: you should realize its a new idea, but shouldn't stop reading there. It can also designate a list that is more strongly removed from the sentence than commas.

Period designate a complete stop. You're not necessarily moving on to a new topic, but the idea you've put forth is finished.

Considering I'm writing conversational phrases and not term papers or theses, I don't find it anywhere near as important as grammar, as that's important even in conversation.

(Punctuation does hold a degree of importance in conversation, I just don't find it anywhere near as important).

bottom line: I have my flaws, and unlike the party I was bashing I don't go around bitching that "they need to learn English if they come to america" when I am not that great at it either. (That and unlike them I understand why we don't have an official language).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 23:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

People think by picking the other guy things will magically change and there isn't much thought going into what the other guy is selling.

The Republican policy on social issues and economic policy basically make the party anathema to me but the fiscal efforts? Commendable, if they didn't all drop bricks on the back of the lower/middle classes.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 23:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm absolutely not arguing that you should worry about all the differences on this jewel of a forum. Just putting it out there in case you were curious.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 23:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm absolutely not arguing that you should worry about all the differences on this jewel of a forum. Just putting it out there in case you were curious.

thanks.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2012-10-03 23:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Prefect grammar forever!
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 23:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Prefect grammer forever!
ftfy
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-03 23:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, you might want to look up the meaning of the word semantics.
 Ragnarok.Wolfegang
Server: Ragnarok
user: Cheriour
By Ragnarok.Wolfegang 2012-10-03 23:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

These so-called "Debates" are all about who can look more "presidential", and tonight, Romney "looked like" a president more than ever before.

But does "looking presidential" really amount to anything?

Can disagree with me all you want, but I don't think so.
By Enuyasha 2012-10-03 23:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Prefect grammer forever!
ftfy
By Peldin 2012-10-03 23:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Poll I googled about who won the presidential debate

I think CNN polled viewers at 67% for Mitt, 25% for Obama.

I didn't watch most of it because I was doing Linkshell stuff but from clips that I'm seeing, the President seems to be constantly looking down when he's talking, and when Mitt's talking, he seems to look frustrated.

Just speculation, but I don't think he was adequately prepared for this debate. I hope he does better in the next one.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 23:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

I think you missed the joke, albeit I didn't make a particularly funny one. lol
By daxxed 2012-10-03 23:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's funny that CNN's front page admits defeat, however on this forum the crazies can't accept it.

They should blame Obama's loss on Bush, or my grammar. Whichever scapegoat is easier without using much thought or effort.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 23:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Also, you might want to look up the meaning of the word semantics.

I know what it means, kindly drop it.

edit: mood swing.
By Starrman 2012-10-03 23:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got a shocking fact about Obama you'll only see here first!

...he

FULL TIMES TWILIGHT MAIL.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-03 23:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

daxxed said: »
I think it's funny that CNN's front page admits defeat, however on this forum the crazies can't accept it.

They should blame Obama's loss on Bush, or my grammar. Whichever scapegoat is easier without using much thought or effort.

You haven't bothered to read I guess.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-03 23:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you kindly? One of the better stories in video games imo
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-10-03 23:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

I think you missed the joke, albeit I didn't make a particularly funny one. lol
I got it lol, made my own joke too :< sorry :<

daxxed said: »

You haven't bothered to read I guess.
Or he's as delusional as he seems to think we are.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-03 23:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Starrman said: »

...he

He probably plays on ps2, and therefore, lacks spellcast.
By Enuyasha 2012-10-03 23:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Starrman said: »

...he

He probably plays on ps2, and therefore, lacks spellcast.
at least it's not pearl set or....or wait...does he wear 3/5 pearl....I fear for the country!
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-03 23:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

poll on cnn is a flash poll, so yeah.
By Jetackuu 2012-10-03 23:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

poll on cnn is a flash poll, so yeah.

I could make a hipster iTool joke, but I'll refrain.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25