Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » My Goal is complete.... :D
My Goal is complete.... :D
First Page 2
By Nanabi 2012-04-15 18:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Read about this NM before I even joined the game....
and it finally happened....

zerg from 50-0 after 2 pts' SMN Alex'd, one pt ate the AF head on :/...
gonna thank you all who was here in this fight!

had to repost the pic cause I was too happy and cussed :/

here are some other forms of the NM.

forgot which form:

8th

9th

10th

never thought I will see the day that I beat PW (a PUG even!)
I guess I better work on my ice magian staff for SMN now :/
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-04-15 18:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you 50 gil I can guess which party didn't have a smn :3

Gratz!
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2012-04-15 19:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

God damn, 1,515 gil. You lucky son of a...
By Xenshi 2012-04-15 19:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, grats, mine was Vrtra, was so happy that day.
By Kalima 2012-04-15 19:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I must say, its nice to see that someone's goal was completing a fight and not "getting X gear/weapon" especially since it was something you joined the game for, so I have nothing to say but Congratulations.

lol...makes me think of one of my goals back in the day was to get the killshot on AA mithra...obviously easy today but back then I didn't even think I would ever see sky much less get to do that fight.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-15 20:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalima said: »
I must say, its nice to see that someone's goal was completing a fight and not "getting X gear/weapon" especially since it was something you joined the game for, so I have nothing to say but Congratulations.

lol...makes me think of one of my goals back in the day was to get the killshot on AA mithra...obviously easy today but back then I didn't even think I would ever see sky much less get to do that fight.

If you aren't getting gear then there's no reason to do the fight...unless it was for the atma which then hey I can understand. Or you were doing a server first which I doubt in this day and age it was. But grats on PW and I hope you got the hachi cause it looks sexy just to afk in town on. Also if you did you gotta wear some subligar to make it extra sexy
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-04-15 21:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what nm? no pic up yet
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-15 21:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably Pandy warden.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-15 21:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It was Pandemonium Warden, but le OP forgot about editing profanity in the pic.
By Shazo 2012-04-15 21:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be necessary.
[+]
By Nanabi 2012-04-16 04:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
I bet you 50 gil I can guess which party didn't have a smn :3

Gratz!

LOL

the moment we start zerging (NM was at 51), was the moment that pt took full wipe :D

it was pretty funny though, we took wipe at 100, 75, and the PLD had to leave pt to zombie hold it twice LMAO
By Irohuro 2012-04-16 04:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

If you aren't getting gear then there's no reason to do the fight...unless it was for the atma which then hey I can understand. Or you were doing a server first which I doubt in this day and age it was. But grats on PW and I hope you got the hachi cause it looks sexy just to afk in town on. Also if you did you gotta wear some subligar to make it extra sexy

yea, its absurd to think someone would do the fight for, say, fun or anything @.@
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 04:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have nothing I need from AV but I would love to participate in the fight for the sake of completion, and to proudly say:
Hey I eat AV for breakfast, PWater for Lunch and P.Warden for dinner! :D

and to me.... at this point AFTER the fight.... I think the atma is just a nice bonus for me... feeling kinda empty with my goal complete...
 Asura.Justinmx
user: Justinmx
By Asura.Justinmx 2012-04-16 04:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do these pics look familiar?! /panic
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 04:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Justinmx said: »
Why does these pics look familiar?! /panic

!!!!!
that's because you lotted my gear :'(
 Asura.Justinmx
user: Justinmx
By Asura.Justinmx 2012-04-16 04:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nanabi said: »
Asura.Justinmx said: »
Why does these pics look familiar?! /panic

!!!!!
that's because you lotted my gear :'(

ohya......
By Fupafighters 2012-04-16 05:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe it was because It was fun? Hell I do alot of stuff without reward.
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 05:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »

Please help me with my Nirvana :D
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2012-04-16 06:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember me and my friends talking about how awesome it would be to kill AV and PW years ago in highschool, haha we even had our non-ffxi playing friends wanting to do it. Grats man!
By Fupafighters 2012-04-16 07:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »

Please help me with my Nirvana :D
A mythic is one of the things I want to achieve before I quit more than anything. Because it means you actually accomplished something a few have haha.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-16 07:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Level sync to 75 for your true goal. That was probably the level cap when you first read/heard of this NM
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 08:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Level sync to 75 for your true goal. That was probably the level cap when you first read/heard of this NM
yes, and the NM took 18+ hrs and still can't be beaten...
but I don't think I can easily find a 75 player these days.... lol
my WHM was 96 few days ago and joined a pt and be called gimp :/
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-04-16 08:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
yes, and the NM took 18+ hrs and still can't be beaten...
but I don't think I can easily find a 75 player these days.... lol
my WHM was 96 few days ago and joined a pt and be called gimp :/

not entirely true, it was made it easier (2 hours max fight) waaay back at 75
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-04-16 08:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

HURRAY! Did you celebrate with a musical? lol congratulations I only have fought this guy once and won Im happy with the atma :D
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 08:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bomber said: »
HURRAY! Did you celebrate with a musical? lol congratulations I only have fought this guy once and won Im happy with the atma :D

I had to play the fanfare song over and over (in my head)
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-16 08:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I faught this guy too, and by fight I mean I stood there gave the guy 1mil gil, so I could get the atma from him and other guys killed him while I was sleeping, woke up with title
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 08:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
I faught this guy too, and by fight I mean I stood there gave the guy 1mil gil, so I could get the atma from him and other guys killed him while I was sleeping, woke up with title
I guess I am in no place to say anything cause I almost did the same thing just for the atma....
but I resisted, and wanted to participate in the fight...
the guy who started it had the key for over half a year and decided to do it and started shouting in PJ, half the people I knew that was there thought he was joking....
I sent him a tell asking: guess you won't be needing a SMN now huh? and he invited me :D
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-04-16 09:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I must say, its nice to see that someone's goal was completing a fight and not "getting X gear/weapon" especially since it was something you joined the game for, so I have nothing to say but Congratulations. lol...makes me think of one of my goals back in the day was to get the killshot on AA mithra...obviously easy today but back then I didn't even think I would ever see sky much less get to do that fight.

I agree, glad to see some honest goals that dont revolve strictly around gear.

Congrats taru!
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 16:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

After this has been posted, people on my server sent me tells like:
"Now you have to do AV"
"Now go for the next PW/PW2.0"
"meh I did it with LS months ago"
"lol it's a PW dude"

and I just wanted to vent.... I did PW because I wanted the atma(Career Mage), plus it's on the very top of my FFXI dreamt-to-do list(2nd being a Mythic for SMN)

I understand that I am a newb comparing to alot of dedicated players on this game(Joined around 1 year after Lvl Sync came out), and they have lots more accomplishments through out the years than I do; but I only meant to have this posted here for the sake of spreading the joy of "my own final goal" being done, which is something most of you also have (Relic/Mythic/All Quests/all 99/afterglow etc.).

It's my moment of glory to me, the least a spectator can do is to get off the elite-high horse and share my joy that I intended, instead of putting me down please. :(

With that said, thank you for all the "Congratulations!" Happy gilmaking to all!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-16 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Man when ppl send you tells like that, ask them what its like to only be able to breathe through your mouth.
[+]
First Page 2