My Goal is complete.... :D
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-16 17:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
Man when ppl send you tells like that, ask them what its like to only be able to breathe through your mouth.

I remember saying in alliance during the fight, before the zerg and after 2 1/2 full wipes.... when me, and the other SMN getting ready to 2HR as a signal to zerg I said this:

"It's been nice knowing you all, win or fail"

I enjoyed the fight through out all 10 forms + the main dish, my @$$ was half way off my chair during the last 4 forms cause of a few "oops"... I really meant what I said in quote cause they did the best they could to retain this win (I've had good/bad experience with PUGs), and from the first picture (with filters) you could've figured out how happy I was.

So seeing tells like that feels like someone pouring cold water on my head :/
By Kalima 2012-04-16 20:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Kalima said: »
I must say, its nice to see that someone's goal was completing a fight and not "getting X gear/weapon" especially since it was something you joined the game for, so I have nothing to say but Congratulations.

lol...makes me think of one of my goals back in the day was to get the killshot on AA mithra...obviously easy today but back then I didn't even think I would ever see sky much less get to do that fight.

If you aren't getting gear then there's no reason to do the fight...unless it was for the atma which then hey I can understand. Or you were doing a server first which I doubt in this day and age it was. But grats on PW and I hope you got the hachi cause it looks sexy just to afk in town on. Also if you did you gotta wear some subligar to make it extra sexy

Even though others have, I feel like I have to address this. Now I would be lying to you if I stood here acting all virtuous and say that I myself do everything in this game for fun and everyone should follow that example. Of course, I want better gear, as does the OP, as does everyone. But I wouldn't go so far as to say that its the ONLY reason to do certain fights. If everyone has that mentality, then no one would get anywhere because no one would help you get the drops that you have gotten.

At the same time it really makes me question why both I and other people continue to play this game. Do we really find it entertaining to do the same fight over and over and over again just to get drops that make us 10% or less better? Why do we even feel the need to get better gear in the first place? To make certain fights faster and more efficient sure, but if we adopted your earlier mentality, there would be no desire to go back and do something we already have done if we already got the material item we wanted. And in most cases I see this happening because when a lot of people get just about everything they want for a certain job they either A.) Start working on another job or B.) start to disappear from events or the game entirely.

I will say though, I do find some events actually fun and I really don't care if I get something from them or not. For example, Nyzul has always been the most fun I've had in the game. Something about climbing through the different floors and having something somewhat random waiting for you is just fun to me. Another event is campaign simply because I find it immersive. Fighting along the WotG NPCs protecting or assaulting the different locales with waves of enemies coming at you appeals to me.

Anyway...I'll stop my ramblings there before it gets worse lol, but the TLDR is that there doesn't always have to be a material incentive to enjoy the game...even though thats what keeps most of us playing...
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-16 20:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nanabi said: »
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Level sync to 75 for your true goal. That was probably the level cap when you first read/heard of this NM
yes, and the NM took 18+ hrs and still can't be beaten...
but I don't think I can easily find a 75 player these days.... lol
my WHM was 96 few days ago and joined a pt and be called gimp :/
Move to Fenrir. I have a few 75 capped mules I do stuff with.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-16 22:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Level sync to 75 for your true goal. That was probably the level cap when you first read/heard of this NM

Also remember.. my mind is wired to 75 (pre ToAU).... ToAU is when everything started going down hill... the only thing I would say good came out of it... Salvage... and einherjar....
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-18 03:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

UPDATE:

I want to change the title.... but I can't, make it "Goals", again, I didn't pay to join, nor did I join for gear:

one other SMN and I offset tanking JoL:

and.... I finally get the see it:

little taru get eaten alive:
By Artemicion 2012-04-18 04:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Will you take me back Austy-poo?