Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 596 597 598 ... 831 832 833
By tyalangan 2019-06-06 12:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If we are farming voidwatch for pulse weapons only we would want rubicund cells, TH (It can pass capped lights by TH% right?), and displacers to kill as fast as possible?
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-06-06 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
If we are farming voidwatch for pulse weapons only we would want rubicund cells, TH (It can pass capped lights by TH% right?), and displacers to kill as fast as possible?

While we're on this topic can we clarify the Rubi/Cobalt cell information for HMPs and Riftcinders/Dross? Do they increase the drop rate or not?
By tyalangan 2019-06-06 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Botosi said: »

While we're on this topic can we clarify the Rubi/Cobalt cell information for HMPs and Riftcinders/Dross? Do they increase the drop rate or not?

I think the answer for HMPs is no. You’d want cobalt for quantity in that case.

And I’m referring to the upcoming campaign in my post above just FYI in case people ask.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-06 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Common belief is that cobalt do less than nothing for "value" drops. They only add more ingots/logs

Also common belief that rubicund does "nothing" for HMP/Cinder/Dross above 150 it's basically the same

I don't care either way. I use both. Crour is literally garbage and there is no reason not to use the cells.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/129316-Voidwatch-cells-What-do-they-do-Do-they-do-things-Lets-find-out
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-06-06 15:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just capped light rates are still kind of meh. While pulse might be different (really hard to get any kind of sample size on that) other stuff during campaigns you'd still notice a decent difference between using cells and not.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2019-06-06 18:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
It's been a hell of a long time since I've played, and while I looked, I didn't see any mention of what mods banish / holy have, aside from divine magic. My line of thinking is that they would be affected by magic attack + and maybe MND or VIT. Can anyone shed some light on this?
ΔMND increases Mdmg in an identical fashion as ΔINT.
Divine Magic Skill contributes to Macc, as does MND in the same way that Elemental Magic Skill and INT contribute to Macc.
I dunno where you got VIT from.
And then the standard magic damage factors all contribute as normal: Mdmg increases base damage, MAB is a soft multiplier, Maff is a hard multiplier, weather bonus, day bonus, etc.

They suck though due to their long cast times and low base damage compared to the same level of BLM nukes.
The only exception is Holy and Holy 2. Which sorta have shitty damage compared to BLM's Ancient Magics.... but with Divine Emblem PLD can make those almost comparable.
Almost...

Thank you, in hindsight, that makes absolute sense. The VIT came from the cure formula, I honestly have no idea why I remember that.

This raises another question from me, as I've never played a mage job, how important is magic accuracy for higher level mobs, say, 128 and up? I was wanting to make a set ideally to MB Holy 2 on, under Emblem if possible, since my trust setup makes light skill chains all the time, it's additional damage to pile on.
By ryukin182 2019-06-08 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if my gearswap isn't working properly or I just don't understand how casting sets work. I just put in kaykaus mitra into the head under "cure sets". When I go to cast cure, it equips then immediately unequips at 5-10% casting and switches back to idle gear. Is it still counted on my cures?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-08 16:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't rely on the in game equip menu. use //gs showswaps that will tell you if it's on for the proper part.
By ryukin182 2019-06-08 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can't rely on the in game equip menu. use //gs showswaps that will tell you if it's on for the proper part.
I was using the addon equip viewer to see the swaps, but I tried your method. It printed "midcast" set, the immediately showed "aftercast" set before the cast got to 40%. Which means i'm assuming it's equiping aftercast set before finished casting even according to gearswap?

edit: I posted it in gearswap help thread since now I know it's gearswap's issue and not my lack of knowledge of how casting works.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-08 17:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't rely on the spell casting bar either. If it's printing out in midcast, you're good.

If you dont trust it, go whm/rdm convert disable gearswap cast cure with and without. Then cast cure with gearswap on.
By Taint 2019-06-08 18:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Common belief is that cobalt do less than nothing for "value" drops. They only add more ingots/logs

Also common belief that rubicund does "nothing" for HMP/Cinder/Dross above 150 it's basically the same

I don't care either way. I use both. Crour is literally garbage and there is no reason not to use the cells.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/129316-Voidwatch-cells-What-do-they-do-Do-they-do-things-Lets-find-out

150 cobalt will net you close to 0 HMP/cinder/dross. I think I’ve seen one in 500 range no cell kills. Definitely far out of expected range.

A cobalt cell will bring drops to their correct %s.

Whether it’s 200+ or 300+ that matters i don’t know.

Feel free to test it yourself I’m done wasting stones on 150 cobalt.
By ryukin182 2019-06-08 18:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't rely on the spell casting bar either. If it's printing out in midcast, you're good.

If you dont trust it, go whm/rdm convert disable gearswap cast cure with and without. Then cast cure with gearswap on.

It was solved in the gearswap section. Thanks for the advice and tips. It ended up being the addon FastFollow since it has preset cast times for spells since the addon stops your character from following you to cast a spell, then resume following you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-08 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh neat, a thing to override and make something work even less often for people that already don't even know if their ***works. Cool. That's always good.
By ryukin182 2019-06-09 20:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I need to be at a certain mission in SoA to do vagary? I know you need to be at 5-4 to do the fights where you turn in the item and fight them alone, but unsure if thats the case outside of the solo boss instance.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-06-09 22:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not party leader, should be fine after 5-4.
By geigei 2019-06-11 06:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does TH works for armor drops from reisen geas?
By Nariont 2019-06-11 07:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as im aware, yes
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-06-11 07:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It does to the extent that a second drop slot means more chances at armor. Far as I recall, TH doesn't discriminate between items.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-06-13 12:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Murasamemaru hidden effect do anything for Ranged WS? I don't recall.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-13 13:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-06-13 15:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Didn't think so.
By Nyarlko 2019-06-14 07:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Does TH works for armor drops from reisen geas?

TH applies to all drop slots that are not 100% chance to begin with. 1st drop slot for GF is 100% probability, so TH does not help with that, but does help increase the odds of getting something from the 2nd.
By ryukin182 2019-06-17 02:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand emporox's bg wiki page for potpourri. How do you unlock the voidwatch tier? Do you trade any of the items on the list it is asking for, or is there a certain range of items to unlock the voidwatch part?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-17 03:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
I don't understand emporox's bg wiki page for potpourri. How do you unlock the voidwatch tier? Do you trade any of the items on the list it is asking for, or is there a certain range of items to unlock the voidwatch part?
Need to trade 99 crystal petrifacts to unlock tier 1 and another 99 or 199 I dont remember to unlock tier 2
[+]
 Odin.Botosi
Server: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-06-20 08:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Orpheus's Sash work for BLU spells?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-06-20 08:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
ryukin182 said: »
Need to trade 99 crystal petrifacts to unlock tier 1 and another 99 or 199 I dont remember to unlock tier 2
99 for tier 1 and 198 for tier 2, so 297 petrifacts total to buy pulse weapons. Perfect time is now seeing as it's voidwatch campaign you'll get that super fast with 4 guaranteed drop slots every fight and some extra heavy metal pouches for that sweet gil
[+]
By Taint 2019-06-20 11:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Botosi said: »
Does Orpheus's Sash work for BLU spells?

Yes, its awesome for BLU since you are typically near the mob.
By ryukin182 2019-06-22 16:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Where can I find the most recent spreadsheets? Google isnt helping, and all of the ones i'm finding are from 2017
By tyalangan 2019-06-22 22:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Each job forum has the spreadsheets stickied.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-22 23:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They're all out of date except RNG and PLD (*) actually someone went in and added a lot of the new stuff to MNK, but forgot mummu+2 and maybe other stuff.

Gear is so few and far between they really shouldn't be that tough to keep up with
First Page 2 3 ... 596 597 598 ... 831 832 833