Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 593 594 595 ... 831 832 833
By Taint 2019-05-25 12:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

HMP you farm outside of VW campaign.

Glow weapons/pulse cells you farm during Campaign.

Merits buff just keep it on. You’ll get to 25000 eventually.

T3 escha is your best bet for a fast weapon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2019-05-25 18:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So recently returned for a few months now. For Fotia gorget and belt, other than the TP not depleted when WS used +1%, are the affects of WS Acc and WSdmg the same? It's also my understanding that the WSdmg on gorget/belt is actually fTP mod and not the same as standard WSdmg.

tldr; will Light belt give same boost as Fotia belt?
By ryukin182 2019-05-25 19:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I saw the post that refers to this, was it ever confirmed that it's HMP at 150, or HMP AND pouches at 150?
By Taint 2019-05-25 20:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
Taint said: »

I saw the post that refers to this, was it ever confirmed that it's HMP at 150, or HMP AND pouches at 150?

Plates pouches rift dross all are 150.
(Maybe less based on one of my mules being 125 and seems to have the same drop rate)

I use cobalt cells. My results with no cobalt are horrendous. With a cobalt cell everything lines up drop rate wise.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-26 00:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Which bot auto opens treasure chests that drop

(not voidwatch)
By ryukin182 2019-05-26 00:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The formatting for the campaign seems weird and I want to make sure I understand it, the exp/cp PLUS ends on the 27th, but normal exp/cp chain bonus is resumed until the 31st?
By Afania 2019-05-26 12:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to backup macro/equipset settings without saving on the server? Whats the file path to store these?

Thanks in advance.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-26 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Anyone know how to backup macro/equipset settings without saving on the server? Whats the file path to store these?

Thanks in advance.

There is a new option in POLConfig that saves all settings/macros/equipsets to a folder of your choice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-05-26 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the slow/weakness status effects the delay reduction cap? As in, if you're slow/weak, will putting extra DW in help the attack speed? Or, do you hit delay reduction cap as normal, and then the slow/weakness takes effect afterwards.
By Afania 2019-05-26 18:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Does anyone know if the slow/weakness status effects the delay reduction cap? As in, if you're slow/weak, will putting extra DW in help the attack speed? Or, do you hit delay reduction cap as normal, and then the slow/weakness takes effect afterwards.

Afaik equipping more DW during slow/weak has been a practice for quite some time. So the answer is likely yes it will help.

But the better solution is to use geo entrust haste in any fight with slow spam, since entrust haste will never be erased with slow.
By silvanesti 2019-05-26 19:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed my bugged game installation, setting it up with the new downloader. It no longer freezes when doing trove and the problem with some ppl appearing invisible is also fixed.

However the game takes longer to load now. From initial login, between zones, and shutting down. Before it was almost instantaneous to pretty quick.

Is this common with everyone? Anything that can be done to make it like pre installer update?

Cheers
By clearlyamule 2019-05-26 21:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
It doesn't effect the delay reduction cap. Slow is merely negative haste. I'm pretty sure there was old testing that you could in fact "overcap" haste if slowed
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-05-27 01:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You can, yes. That's also true for gear-slow and extra gear haste.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2019-05-27 07:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, except you can't have haste up while slowed.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-27 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Yes, except you can't have haste up while slowed.

might be the case w/ Kei, but if a mob hits you with Slow I, a RDM's Haste II will prevent that Slow I from landing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By tyalangan 2019-05-28 07:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do SU4 Divergence weapons (HQ1) get damage augments?
By DaneBlood 2019-05-28 07:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way to see wtich sub flder of the USER folder belong to which charcter. I want to clean it up as /findall searches a bunch of dead chars
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-05-28 07:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corvinus said: »
So recently returned for a few months now. For Fotia gorget and belt, other than the TP not depleted when WS used +1%, are the affects of WS Acc and WSdmg the same? It's also my understanding that the WSdmg on gorget/belt is actually fTP mod and not the same as standard WSdmg.

To my understanding. The belt/gorget gives the same dmg bonus aka +10acc and + 0.097ftp for aligned WS

just the description that is wrong on fotia belt/gorget

however the belt are pretty easy to get so you should really just make fotia and enjoy an generic all jobs ws items that only takes up one slot

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fotia_Belt
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-28 08:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
is there a way to see wtich sub flder of the USER folder belong to which charcter. I want to clean it up as /findall searches a bunch of dead chars

You only need to go into the Findall folder (Something like: C:\Games\Windower4dev\addons\findAll\data) and delete the name.lua files of the characters you killed.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-28 08:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Ragnarok.Corvinus said: »

To my understanding. The belt/gorget gives the same dmg bonus aka +10acc and + 0.097ftp for aligned WS

just the description that is wrong on fotia belt/gorget

however the belt are pretty easy to get so you should really just make fotia and enjoy an generic all jobs ws items that only takes up one slot

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fotia_Belt

Fotia items force both the positive AND negative effects, so technically, there are niche situations where single element belts will still technically be better.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-05-28 08:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fotia are the WS items. They have no negative effects.

I suspect you're thinking of Hachirin-no-obi. Which can force detrimental elemental effects right on top of the beneficial ones.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tesiex
Server: Bismarck
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2019-05-29 07:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

silvanesti said: »
Fixed my bugged game installation, setting it up with the new downloader. It no longer freezes when doing trove and the problem with some ppl appearing invisible is also fixed.

However the game takes longer to load now. From initial login, between zones, and shutting down. Before it was almost instantaneous to pretty quick.

Is this common with everyone? Anything that can be done to make it like pre installer update?

Cheers

I've noticed the same thing, yes.
By soralin 2019-05-29 13:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested if Shining One also enables Ranged Weaponskills to crit?

It's a long shot (no pun intended) but I'm curious about the repercussions that could have for Bow Weaponskills on Paladin and Sam
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-05-29 14:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The BGiki page states that the effect does not extend to ranged WS.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shining_One

And while we're on the subject of Shining one, does any one have any solid testing for the additional WS crit rate at 1k/2k/3k TP?
By Taint 2019-05-29 14:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Has anyone tested if Shining One also enables Ranged Weaponskills to crit?

It's a long shot (no pun intended) but I'm curious about the repercussions that could have for Bow Weaponskills on Paladin and Sam

Tested and confirmed myself. Does not work on ranged.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2019-05-29 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you unlock empy119 these days? Is the other battlefield ok or is it better to do regular vagary because of drops?
By soralin 2019-05-29 16:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
How do you unlock empy119 these days? Is the other battlefield ok or is it better to do regular vagary because of drops?

The solo battlefield just unlocks 119 empy. The full normal battlefield unlocks as well and, well, drops too.

So if you don't care for any specific drops, either works.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-29 18:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Fotia are the WS items. They have no negative effects.

I suspect you're thinking of Hachirin-no-obi. Which can force detrimental elemental effects right on top of the beneficial ones.

Yep, thank you for the correction. I did mean Hachirin-no-Obi. Fotia Belt/Gorget don't have negatives.
First Page 2 3 ... 593 594 595 ... 831 832 833