Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 399 400 401 ... 861 862 863
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-17 01:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Using voucher 09, enter with at least 3 CC points(like 2 hours since last entrance with rhapsody6). Warp down, talk to the moblin and ask for medicine for 3 points. Entire party receives a revitalizer. Use revitalizer, leave.

You can obtain voucher 09 for 100 marbles from the vendor NPC. If you or someone you know already has it, you can also register the maze on duplidoc allowing anyone to purchase 5-use copies for ~500g until the next maintenance.
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-10-17 01:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

does sch stormspells help smn with dealing dmg ? whats the combo that sch does to help melt things in neo-sky . geo, smn, and sch is just helping the nuking or actually helps the smn nukes somehow? whichones?
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-10-18 10:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any blu's out there been able to solo O/U on easy/normal/D? I've been able to clear easy but normal I keep getting 1 shotted by pile pitch which I thought only does 90% dmg.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-10-18 11:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Any blu's out there been able to solo O/U on easy/normal/D? I've been able to clear easy but normal I keep getting 1 shotted by pile pitch which I thought only does 90% dmg.

If you have any +DT gear on (like Rancorous Mantle), then it can one-shot you. The flip side is, it's also reduced by PDT gear, so you can use that to reduce the danger.

Omega also counters, so what can easily happen is that you get hit by Pile Pitch, and then countered for the rest of your HP in the blink of an eye (if you don't have shadows up to absorb it). Simple strategy is to use a damage taken set when Omega is under 50% HP, and wait to WS/etc until after he does a TP move to avoid getting caught in a different set.

I haven't soloed the BC, since I pay for two accounts and dammit I'm gonna use them. Done N plenty of times with BLU + GEO though.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-10-18 12:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you have any +DT gear on (like Rancorous Mantle), then it can one-shot you. The flip side is, it's also reduced by PDT gear, so you can use that to reduce the danger.

Omega also counters, so what can easily happen is that you get hit by Pile Pitch, and then countered for the rest of your HP in the blink of an eye (if you don't have shadows up to absorb it). Simple strategy is to use a damage taken set when Omega is under 50% HP, and wait to WS/etc until after he does a TP move to avoid getting caught in a different set.

I haven't soloed the BC, since I pay for two accounts and dammit I'm gonna use them. Done N plenty of times with BLU + GEO though.

Thanks for the info, get any good drops on normal runs?
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-10-18 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I haven't seen at all is the SMN neck. I've gotten at least a couple of everything else it drops.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-18 13:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gotten a Malevolence with a 10 MAB augment, and if so, would be willing to post a screenshot of it?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-18 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Has anyone gotten a Malevolence with a 10 MAB augment, and if so, would be willing to post a screenshot of it?

Have two of these now on Myar
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-18 17:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks. I have one with 10 INT, 10 macc, 8 MAB, and 5 FC- and given how the augments tend to work, it struck me as a bit strange.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-18 18:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Cool, thanks. I have one with 10 INT, 10 macc, 8 MAB, and 5 FC- and given how the augments tend to work, it struck me as a bit strange.
I have that exact same one. It is theorized that the augments aren't 100% random. That there is a pool of say, 20 augment sets, and you get one of those sets when you win.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-18 18:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that was actually the reason why I thought it was strange. I'm aware that they aren't truly random, and typically you never see more than one or two maxed stats outside of a perfect augment set.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-19 05:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »

I did N a few times with trusts. I use two tank trust, Amchuchu and August, so that if one gets raped by pile pitch + attack, the other will keep it busy. Since pile pitch resets hate, I tank a bit as well and so far, Occultation didn't fail at saving me the few times I almost died. It isn't 100% reliable but able to let you fend off consecutive uses. /NIN should work too with enough recast and close attention to timing.

It can't oneshot you unless you wear +DT gear and you should have DT gear ready.

D shouldn't be too bad but in case of pile pitch spam, healer trusts use up their mp too fast and the fight takes considerably longer so must be much more risky.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-20 17:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason my damage doesn't appear on screen? It's set on Both for Misc 1. Does Battlemod have a setting for this?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-10-20 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't have on screen damage and battlemod activated at the same time iirc.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-22 23:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Someone keeps saying that in incursion kills with pets will yield no coffers but I'm nearly positive I've done finishing kills with ifrit and got coffers more than once from NMs, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Edit: just confirmed, killing with pet you do still get coffers
I think that issue was with Alluvion Yorcia skirmmish with Balamar
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-23 05:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a couple questions:

1) What are HQ rates atm? I keep trying to work out what things should cost but without more concrete HQ rates I can't be sure.

I've read both ffxiclopedia and bgwiki and while I trust BGWiki more it would be great to make sure, so BGWiki lists HQ rates as:

T0 = 1/64 (~1.5%)
T1 = 1/16 (~6.25%)
T2 = 1/4 (25%)
T3 = 1/2 (50%)

Whereas the values on ffxiclopedia are:

T0 = 1-2%
T1 = 8-10% (the biggest discrepancy and probably most relevant since I'm mostly dealing with T1 synths!)
T2 = 25%
T3 = 50%

In addition to that, how much do Craftmaster's Ring and Coconut Rusk add to the HQ rate? I've seen info that suggest the ring is a 1% increase but no suggestion on what effect Coconut Rusk has.

As for my other question, I'll need to test a bit when I get home but whenever I use the Abyssea - Attowha warp I seem to be invisible and level capped, I'm at work and I can't remember what it says but it seems like the gestation status from monstrosity, has anyone had something similar? Need to work out if it's an in-game bug or a windower bug.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-23 09:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be a VERY Noob-ish / Stupid Question but here we go:

1) Can Dusk-Stones be used on Skirmish Armor from old content ? such as Hagondes , Otronif , Iuitl , Cizin , Gendewitha ? (Talking about both NQ / +1)

Wondering because the Telchine / Helios Body does NOT Have Refresh onto them (Would be nice to have Hagondes Coat +1 with some sort of INT+ MND+ Maybe?)

2) Does anybody know a good way to do Vagary Low man ? (I need the Settup of jobs at the very least)

Thank you~
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-10-23 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only answer your first question. Unfortunately, you cannot use Skirmish II stones on skirmish I gear. Only wailing stones/+1/+2 will augment them.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-23 09:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

BG-Wiki's numbers are seemingly correct. Craftmaster's/Orvail seem to be a relative 1% boost(.0625 > .06375 with both on T1 for instance). Data available can pretty easily confirm they are not putting your T2s at 3.5% instead of 1.5% and they say 1% right on them, so it's a logical conclusion.. but can't prove they are -exactly- that based off of data without an extreme sample size. As such, coconut rusk is pretty unknown.. it could be in the 1-3% relative range but we'll likely never have a dataset that can prove it.

Using all(orvail/craftmaster/rusk), your T1s will not be higher than 6.5% and your T2s will not be higher than 2%. The difference is extremely minimal.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-23 09:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
BG-Wiki's numbers are seemingly correct. Craftmaster's/Orvail seem to be a relative 1% boost(.0625 > .06375 with both on T1 for instance). Data available can pretty easily confirm they are not putting your T2s at 3.5% instead of 1.5% and they say 1% right on them, so it's a logical conclusion.. but can't prove they are -exactly- that based off of data without an extreme sample size. As such, coconut rusk is pretty unknown.. it could be in the 1-3% relative range but we'll likely never have a dataset that can prove it.

Using all(orvail/craftmaster/rusk), your T1s will not be higher than 6.5% and your T2s will not be higher than 2%. The difference is extremely minimal.
Ah ok, thank you, that helps a lot, I wanted to know as if I'm going to craft I want to set a fair price, I don't want to screw people over by selling stuff too high or screw myself by not knowing the HQ rates and selling too low.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-23 09:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
I can only answer your first question. Unfortunately, you cannot use Skirmish II stones on skirmish I gear. Only wailing stones/+1/+2 will augment them.
ok Thanks but about the 2nd question ^^;

You dont wanna answer cuz you do not know, or cuz you rather others to not know ur Secret ? (Can PM Me if u need XD)
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-23 09:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1) No.

2) All zones can be done with less than 6 people as far as I know. I'm assuming you're talking about veteran players if you're lowmanning. The way I do all zones is nuke style.

Palloritus
Can either follow this video,
YouTube Video Placeholder
or do my set up which is GEO, PLD, SCH, and BLU (for subduction spam) or SCH for 4th slot. 5th/6th are WHM trusts. First two waves, I fight in the middle while spammming AoE or nuking them one by one. After second wave is over, I run back to entrance and then have PLD pull a set of Fomors, and manifestation gravity once hate is somewhat established. Helix each of them, then SCH SC > MB them down. Repeat for all fomor sets. Last wave is just like the first, AoE all adds and then 2HR and nuke down MB.

Putraxia
GEO, SCH, PLD, 2 WHM Trusts, last being w/e you want. I kill ice elementals, then head to first NM which you pull without trying to link dark/ice elementals. Once NM is dead, kill dark/ice elementals, then head to fairy NM which can be pulled easily w/o linking fire/thunder elementals. My SCH's MB were doing 10k each with T5 nukes but majority of the damage came from MB helix. The fairy can erase it using one of its Breeze TP moves, so I usually stack Poison/Bio for a chance at them being erased instead of helix. After fairy, kill fire/thunder elementals, then dark elementals in the neighboring room. Mega Boss, 2HR isn't even needed because it goes down so fast. I used MB ice for boss. Easiest zone to lowman imo.

Rancibus
Never done it lowman, but I do see JPs shouting 6-man pug runs doing BLU/BLM aga style so I'm guessing set up would be BLU BLU SCH GEO WHM PLD.

Perfidien/Plouton
SAM, BRD, WHM, GEO, SCH, 6th being another GEO, SCH, or BLM. Assuming you know how to pop them and the trick to kill them.GEO Indi-Focus/Geo-Languor for Plouton, and Geo-Malaise for Perfidien.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-23 09:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
1) No.

2) All zones can be done with less than 6 people as far as I know. I'm assuming you're talking about veteran players if you're lowmanning. The way I do all zones is nuke style.

Palloritus
Can either follow this video,
YouTube Video Placeholder
or do my set up which is GEO, PLD, SCH, and BLU (for subduction spam) or SCH for 4th slot. 5th/6th are WHM trusts. First two waves, I fight in the middle while spammming AoE or nuking them one by one. After second wave is over, I run back to entrance and then have PLD pull a set of Fomors, and manifestation gravity once hate is somewhat established. Helix each of them, then SCH SC > MB them down. Repeat for all fomor sets. Last wave is just like the first, AoE all adds and then 2HR and nuke down MB.

Putraxia
GEO, SCH, PLD, 2 WHM Trusts, last being w/e you want. I kill ice elementals, then head to first NM which you pull without trying to link dark/ice elementals. Once NM is dead, kill dark/ice elementals, then head to fairy NM which can be pulled easily w/o linking fire/thunder elementals. My SCH's MB were doing 10k each with T5 nukes but majority of the damage came from MB helix. The fairy can erase it using one of its Breeze TP moves, so I usually stack Poison/Bio for a chance at them being erased instead of helix. After fairy, kill fire/thunder elementals, then dark elementals in the neighboring room. Mega Boss, 2HR isn't even needed because it goes down so fast. I used MB ice for boss. Easiest zone to lowman imo.

Rancibus
Never done it lowman, but I do see JPs shouting 6-man pug runs doing BLU/BLM aga style so I'm guessing set up would be BLU BLU SCH GEO WHM PLD.

Perfidien/Plouton
SAM, BRD, WHM, GEO, SCH, 6th being another GEO, SCH, or BLM. Assuming you know how to pop them and the trick to kill them.GEO Indi-Focus/Geo-Languor for Plouton, and Geo-Malaise for Perfidien.

Thank you So much !!!!!!!!!!

I will give this a shot :D

I am 0 Vagary Clears (Also only try to do it once with 18 ppl and I d/c :( so havent try to low man it yet, but that is my plan for LS Clears and all)

It is VERY Appreciated that you told me the jobs I need to bring and how to do it ^^

Would it be ok to add 2nd GEO or is that too much ? (asking because I do not have Aegis PLD yet, and my BLU isnt TOP Notch yet, working on it, so only job I got left is GEO >< which is Decent Gear'd for now)

ty once again :D Very nice of you to explain it to me and tell me how to win this ^^/
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-23 11:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can tell me if there's a vorseals for more slits gain? A linkshell member said he gained 11k when I gained like 6k when we were farming slits. Thanks in advance
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-23 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Foreverj, I believe it's Luck vorseal.

Kuroganashi, I assumed you had the wins and were familiar with the zones. In your case, I really wouldn't recommend lowman unless you have some really good friends. Order of difficulty imo from easiest to hardest would be Perfidien > Plouton > Putraxia > Rancibus > Palloritus. For Putraxia through Palloritus, I would just bring over 6.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-23 13:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You also either don't get some of the rhapsodies boosts or have a severe exp penalty under certain conditions(naked leeching for instance). I brought a character naked COR99 with barataria ring because roll would help silt farming more than another active char, but they received barely half the xp of the geared characters until I put on a 119 set.
First Page 2 3 ... 399 400 401 ... 861 862 863