Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 860 861 862
 Bahamut.Tannerschan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Tanaris
By Bahamut.Tannerschan 2014-08-02 23:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it difficult to find leveling parties in abyssea nowadays? Or am I doomed to GoV all the way to 99.
By Highwynd 2014-08-02 23:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea parties are common. People exp in Mis coast mostly for EXP for Phantom Gem KI's and the new expansion to merit points a few months ago. Most people are capped on reforged AF/AF2 new and most have capped the new merits as well so they've tapered off.
By Tanaris 2014-08-02 23:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
Abyssea parties are common. People exp in Mis coast mostly for EXP for Phantom Gem KI's and the new expansion to merit points a few months ago. Most people are capped on reforged AF/AF2 new and most have capped the new merits as well so they've tapered off.

I remember it used to be easy to get into these once you were over 70 is that still the case? I've got a WHM and THF at that level and am just a little tired of GoVing with Trusts
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-02 23:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Valefor.Terravcota said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
I know if you cancel a Mythic and start another that it wipes your Alexandrite progress thus far. Does it also require you to drop any of the books you have done already? I haven't turned anything in at all, I finished 3 of my books but I haven't turned any in to the NPC. I'm hoping I won't have to restart them too if I change it...

Have to restart everything, sadly.
Hmm~ well then, is there any way to check which weapon you traded in originally? Trying to make sure I traded the RDM sword... I think at the time I had dropped the one I used for unlocking Death Blossom and traded a different one as a placeholder for the books, was a few months back so trying to be sure I have RDM started. ><;

Was brought up the other day:
Well then, anyone mind explaining an easy way of getting onto the Test Server? @_@
By gdiShun 2014-08-02 23:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In that 'Tips to help you suck less' thread in the Bahamut forum, someone said(I couldn't tell you what page, sorry) if you trade the same weapon, it won't give you a dialog I think.

So if you trade a 2nd RDM Vigil weapon, nothing will happen if that's what he has currently. But apparently he'll say something if it's not.

That may or may not be easier for you than the Test Server thing.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-03 00:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some number people with skirmish gun +2 with wildfire?? on cor and with Arma 85 im only doing about 3k -3.5k on most mobs... is that good or bad? haha

currently my leaden kills it in dmg with like almost 7k-8k but i use the Skirmish gun +2 not armageddon so maybe thats the diff
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-03 03:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Who are the story lines with in the bastok/windy quests of the past?

I loved teaming with the Young griffons. Bastok/Windy worth doing?/who are the cool chars?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-03 04:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Windy has Lehko which is the only male mithra shown in the game, and a mysterious mummy taru.

And then there's all the mithran generals who are awesome!

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
What are some number people with skirmish gun +2 with wildfire?? on cor and with Arma 85 im only doing about 3k -3.5k on most mobs... is that good or bad? haha

currently my leaden kills it in dmg with like almost 7k-8k but i use the Skirmish gun +2 not armageddon so maybe thats the diff
Gun and bullet dmg does not affect magic weapon skills. Ilvl does though, which means Skirmish does more damage than a low lv Arma.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-03 05:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

bastok gets uh...

some ditzy SCH and the musketeers
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-03 05:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonus points for Zazarg cameo!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-03 05:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

pickaxe quadav CS alone makes the bastok storyline worth doing. you'll know what I mean
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-03 23:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

just got Tinhaspa wondering what path best for PUP STR is mod for Pummel so feel like path b might be kinda waste, what do u think?
By Pantafernando 2014-08-04 03:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to start the assaults recording for mythic without turning a weapon?
Thanks in advance.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-04 04:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

str if youll never do any content that makes this game worth playing (or have the appropriate buffs to do so), dex for all other reasons. if you get both youll be straight for life.
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-08-04 04:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
just got Tinhaspa wondering what path best for PUP STR is mod for Pummel so feel like path b might be kinda waste, what do u think?

Accuracy from DEX path usually saves you the trouble of losing even more DPS by switching out stronger gear for accuracy in multiple slots. If you are doing high-end content on PUP, then I would recommend DEX path. Otherwise, don't bother. Even the WKR h2h with OAT and crit. rate augments may be better for low-end content (just eyeballing).

edit: or just use oatixur and wait for new skirmish weapons.

Pantafernando said: »
Is it possible to start the assaults recording for mythic without turning a weapon?
Thanks in advance.

You get the journals when you start the second quest, and the first quest requires you to trade the weapon, so you can't start recording before that :/
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-04 04:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
str if youll never do any content that makes this game worth playing (or have the appropriate buffs to do so), dex for all other reasons. if you get both youll be straight for life.

Till new skirmish weapon appears and make obsolete all the 6 millions you spend to make 2 tinhaspas.

At this point, its better to just hold and see what new skirmish will bring. Oatixur is decent and cheap option still.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-04 06:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ill agree with the wait and see part for the most part, however not max upgrading at least one of them wouldnt really do justice to helping you be able to get that equipment that soon after the content comes out. two tinhaspas walk into a newcontentbar, one unaugmented and one not. who gets offered a drink and who has to buy one?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-08-04 09:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning player dumb question(maybe).. Somebody mentioned I could trade WKR KI's for one of the drops after I get first 3, I couldn't find anything on it on BG. Is there an npc or quest that does this? And is it a one time deal if so?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-04 09:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Returning player dumb question(maybe).. Somebody mentioned I could trade WKR KI's for one of the drops after I get first 3, I couldn't find anything on it on BG. Is there an npc or quest that does this? And is it a one time deal if so?
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Order_Up

The library quest isn't repeatable but you can do records of eminence quests for each WKR to obtain a KI, once you have all 6 you can trade them to an eminence NPC for 1 piece of WKR equipment, that quest is repeatable as long as you have all 6 ki`s

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2014-08-04 12:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Me and a friend started working towards captain as one of the requirements of a mythic, so just doing the assaults now before getting the poop weapon from nyzule first doesn't record my progress? Just a little confused since it says you gain access to the questline be achieving captain mercenary rank. So unless I'm reading things wrong they want you to do all the assault missions twice?

Yes. Once to get Captain, and once for the quest's books.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-04 13:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's a good place for fishing skill ups at 71? Currently in Nashmau/Talacca Cove and I haven't had a skill up in days.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-04 16:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Me and a friend started working towards captain as one of the requirements of a mythic, so just doing the assaults now before getting the poop weapon from nyzule first doesn't record my progress? Just a little confused since it says you gain access to the questline be achieving captain mercenary rank. So unless I'm reading things wrong they want you to do all the assault missions twice?

Yes. Once to get Captain, and once for the quest's books.
Many thanks, just making sure we aren't wasting our tags :P

I would start recording my assaults for me and mule for mythics after getting my captain, when i noticed this step is a bit trickier.

Some hint so you can optimize your tags:

- you just can get captain after you finished toau storyline. And considering toau has quite a few "wait jp midnight" missions, supose you complete the 50 assaults prior to finishing toau, you can lose some tags. So, plan so you can get the 50 assaults after finishing eternal mercenary.

- to start duty, task quest, where you will face the alex, ichor and tokens challenge, its necessary to finish an imperial heist. For that you will need:

1. Beat odin: that is at least 3 days to complete.

2. Beat the 3 beastman kings: used to be a pain, now its cake. I found the 3 kings always up when i did that.

3. Beat the 4 old salvage bosses: at least 4 days to complete.

4. Beat old nyzul. This is not exactly a waste of tag, as you are farming tokens in process, but can happen someone just farm tokens and never actually go through all floors.

5. Finally, its necessary to decide your mythic and turn it. Thats the bad part that just after turning the weapon is that you can start duty, tasks and deed. That means, you will forcely be trapped for at least 50 days with one choice you did, and lots of things can happen during an almost 2 months period redoing assaults like the weapon become nerfed, other job become the new bandwagon, etc. So take your time to decide wisely till you reach captain. Once you get captain, it shouldnt be any doubts what mythic you want.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-04 23:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Where's a good place for fishing skill ups at 71? Currently in Nashmau/Talacca Cove and I haven't had a skill up in days.

Nashmau/Talacca Cove are the best option for you right now. I would use Lu Shang's Fishing Rod and Shrimp Lure. This is all I can find on ANY fishing guide/tutorial on the internet for FFXI, so I think you're in the right spot. If you're fishing in Talacca Cove, go through the west exit of Nashmau, through Caederva Mire, near the Einherjar entrance. That's all I can tell you, sorry!

Maybe look through here a little bit more: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/88/fishing/
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-05 04:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how much JA haste Mumor's Haste Samba gives? (i.e. is it just the base 5% that /DNC or an unmerited DNC gets, or did we by chance get lucky and get 10% like a 5/5 merited DNC main)

Speaking of delay reduction via trust, was it ever tested to see what tier Marches Joachim and Ulmia have?

I'm assuming all of the trusts are base marches/sambas/etc. with no +1 instrument, merits, or other modifiers. But it would be pretty cool if anyone has tested and found a pleasant surprise.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-08-05 05:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Their marches last 2 minutes in my log, so they have +0 March.

I don't know about Murmor.
 Sylph.Xodia
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-08-05 05:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all just wondering can anyone link me some pld sets just started gearing atm have aegis/ochain the PLD guide sets seem abit out of date, thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-05 13:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How much do displacers weaken the NMs? Trying to get clears for my mule and want to know how many I should use for each NM.

Duo'ing on mnk + dnc if that means anything
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 860 861 862