Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 300 301 302 ... 849 850 851

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-31 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i feel like i remember reading motenten saying something about Th not being applied by all actions, but suppose it'd be an easy test if you did it on thf then checked your next upgrade

The reason that happened was because of a bug in my GearSwap file. It's been fixed. All agressive actions (steps, flourishes, etc) apply whatever TH is applicable.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-07-31 16:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can sub RDM and keep Bio or something on him. Charm duration is only for like 60 seconds and as long as you keep DoT on, he won't depop. Maybe use dager and wasp sting too so he has 2 DoT on incase he charms you when Bio is almost about to wear off. Also try fulltiming as much magic evasion gear as possible and just unload your gearswap and kill him in that. I do that when I solo the Chariot that spams Brainjack and it resists every time.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 16:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
im spinning my wheels here im trying to solo Cieron-Cirron (or w/e his name) the stupid mis abyssea orobon for my Gun trials and i keep losing the pop cuz he charms me then depops. any tips on how i avoid being charmed??
If you have trouble melee he's extremely easy to kite-nuke around the bridge. Can do on blm, sch, rdm, blu..even cor itself if you have patience.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-31 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i feel like i remember reading motenten saying something about Th not being applied by all actions, but suppose it'd be an easy test if you did it on thf then checked your next upgrade

The reason that happened was because of a bug in my GearSwap file. It's been fixed. All agressive actions (steps, flourishes, etc) apply whatever TH is applicable.

This doesn't include pet actions triggered by the player, like Deploy/Assault/etc., correct? Trying to figure out a way to include TH belt in my wife's PUP/THF farming Gearswap.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-31 16:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually if youre farming lanterns, the only job you should considerate is thief. You just cant neglect how much time it will save you from farming extra pops.

If you screw with thf, you must retry till you get better. Practice makes perfect, running away or using foolproof jobs wont make you a better player.

It was stated you can outrange his charm, so you just need to be aware what he does. Dont keep the target locked and full time fajin boots or other movement speed feet so youre sure you will be out of range in time.

Evisceration with ss and rr will be averaging 10k, so most fights you should be finishing before he uses charm.

And its name is cirein croin, btw.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-31 17:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Movement speed isn't needed, a naked thief would be 30 yalms away upon mayhem executing if they ran normal speed and its range is less than 15 yalms

Mov speed gives a bigger window when you can take an action.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-31 17:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know why play-online crashes when you shutdown the game using windower? It's not an issue or anything I`m just curious if anyone knows why it does it or if there is something you can do remedy it.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-07-31 17:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Does anyone know why play-online crashes when you shutdown the game using windower? It's not an issue or anything I`m just curious if anyone knows why it does it or if there is something you can do remedy it.

That'd be something to report to the developers themselves. It could happen for a number of reasons.

You can report it here: https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues

There are also previous reports that you can look at.

https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/167
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/404

It seems to be a problem for a few people, but I don't see any resolutions for it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-31 17:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »

Thanks for the clarification.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-01 08:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always under the impression that relic WS can continuously chain light or darkness, and I was working on a strat that thoroughly abuses this, but upon checking the BG page on SC damage, it says light or darkness can only be continued once, and not at all if its a "level 4" light or darkness (relic ws > relic ws).

I just want to make sure i understand this correctly.

Kasha > reso > Light > scourge > Light > scourge > nothing

Scourge > Scourge > Light > scourge > nothing

Scourge > Reso > Light > scourge > ?

BGwiki Skill Chain Damage and Mechanics
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-01 14:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know if you cancel a Mythic and start another that it wipes your Alexandrite progress thus far. Does it also require you to drop any of the books you have done already? I haven't turned anything in at all, I finished 3 of my books but I haven't turned any in to the NPC. I'm hoping I won't have to restart them too if I change it...
By gdiShun 2014-08-01 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just random curiosity, has anyone seen/tested how much damage Chi Blast does with all this statvomit gear? lol.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-02 01:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
So I've been kinda poking around forums to kinda see what methods people employ for maxing out potential currency gains in Dynamis. Recently leveled and put some gear on my THF and was doing Valkurm today with another THF friend and we pulled 500 currency by just taking mobs one by one and JA proccing/killing them but a THF i spoke to the other day said he'd show me how he makes 400 currency a run by himself. Haven't seen him on the past few days to ask but he did mention THF and Valkurm. It's started to make me think about aoe pulling and spamming the AoE THF WS and go for proccing that way or worth together with someone else where one AoE procs and the other pulls procced mobs off of the proccer and just applies TH stacks and kills them.

What are some of your methods if you don't mind sharing them :P?

Ask slyshen.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-02 01:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

AoE procs were nerfed a while ago so that proc chance is much less on anything other than the primary target so it's not a particularly efficient method. There's not really any secret trick to soloing large amounts of currency solo. It's mostly gear but also pulling efficiently so you're constantly in combat with as few breaks as possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-02 01:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been kinda poking around forums to kinda see what methods people employ for maxing out potential currency gains in Dynamis. Recently leveled and put some gear on my THF and was doing Valkurm today with another THF friend and we pulled 500 currency by just taking mobs one by one and JA proccing/killing them but a THF i spoke to the other day said he'd show me how he makes 400 currency a run by himself. Haven't seen him on the past few days to ask but he did mention THF and Valkurm. It's started to make me think about aoe pulling and spamming the AoE THF WS and go for proccing that way or worth together with someone else where one AoE procs and the other pulls procced mobs off of the proccer and just applies TH stacks and kills them.

I pull in 500 on thf/dnc doing absolutely nothing special. Just general knowledge of mobs/pops and having no comp. And a little something (extra) that we don't talk about. No 100s, just crushing DC's in my zone of choice.
By Voren 2014-08-02 01:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Most I've pulled is 420 in one run averaging 2 per mob. I use AF2+2 hands, which will be reforged as soon as I get 6k more exp. I also full time lolThief's knife of hand to reduce dmg dealt while trying to proc. I use homestead dagger main hand for ws dmg.

If solo don't get over focused on one mob. Go through your procs and dps down. I don't turn, that wastes time. TH7~9 will net you 1-2 coins anyways. Speed is the key. You have 2 hours, don't waste time on one mob.

edit: 420 currency a run. fat fingered keyboard.
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-08-02 03:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm that HQ mission battlefields drop equipment on VE/E? Some of them are easy to solo and i am curious if it is worth the time to solo them
By Tylaar 2014-08-02 08:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »
anyone know if you still need to wait till jp midnight for cor af quests?
Unfortunately, yes.
 Valefor.Terravcota
By Valefor.Terravcota 2014-08-02 09:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
I know if you cancel a Mythic and start another that it wipes your Alexandrite progress thus far. Does it also require you to drop any of the books you have done already? I haven't turned anything in at all, I finished 3 of my books but I haven't turned any in to the NPC. I'm hoping I won't have to restart them too if I change it...

Have to restart everything, sadly.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-02 19:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the new rings for goldsmiths that go for millions.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-02 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Any craft will require near cap level to be actually profitable, and lots of time and gil will be sink in the process.

Its more a long time investment than something you can rely upon in short time. Also, craft is so dependent on SE, that release new recipes, then add a new content that turn obsolete all the new recipes bring, etc.

Cooking can be a good choice. Food is always wanted, and pet jugs too.

Post deleted by User.
By Highwynd 2014-08-02 21:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been dual boxing occasionally the past few months but today noticed something weird. When I move character1 with a controller character2 moves as well. When I hit a key one one character, it does the same for the other. So running around on both characters is being executed using the same input. Previously whenever I dual box, my inputs only went to the character whose POL window is on top. Not sure why they're working in parallel all of a sudden but it's frustrating.

Also when I do actions on one screen while the other screen is minimized, actions are still copied to the second screen which never used to happen ever. Weird...
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-08-02 22:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm could be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure that stopped when I loaded up the plugin "Sandbox" from windower.

Also unless things have drastically changed Goldsmithing is extremely expensive to level with high risk synths. If you can handle that and not flip tables when breaking multi-million gil items.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-08-02 22:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Terravcota said: »

Hmm~ well then, is there any way to check which weapon you traded in originally? Trying to make sure I traded the RDM sword... I think at the time I had dropped the one I used for unlocking Death Blossom and traded a different one as a placeholder for the books, was a few months back so trying to be sure I have RDM started. ><;
By Davorin 2014-08-02 23:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Terravcota said: »

Hmm~ well then, is there any way to check which weapon you traded in originally? Trying to make sure I traded the RDM sword... I think at the time I had dropped the one I used for unlocking Death Blossom and traded a different one as a placeholder for the books, was a few months back so trying to be sure I have RDM started. ><;

Was brought up the other day:
First Page 2 3 ... 300 301 302 ... 849 850 851