PUP in Dynamis
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-04 13:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/pats Zelduh's head
There there, I'm sure PUP is the best and DNC is completly horrible.
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

wut
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 13:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no data on DNC vs. PUP, but if you actually think DNC is a frontline support job, then I can't take anything you say seriously.
[+]
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you mean number of currency. I really hate repeating myself. I said 150 is the average number everyone throws around. I said I can SURPASS that. I didn't say *I* always average exactly 150. But I'm sure you don't get 200 every time either with your piddly daggers :P *pats head*
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-04 13:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making assumptions that even I as a PUP main don't support. Zel, I think you need to calm down and stop saying things. As much as PUP is an interesting job that is looked down upon all too much, we don't need the bad publicity that's caused by bad mouthing other jobs. All that does is make us sound like the exact same people who shout LOLPUP.

TLDR: Do your job well, stop trying so hard to defend PUP. If you really wanna say your better than another job than at least provide some mathematical proof. Full Aurore PUPs make us seem bad enough as is.
[+]
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what DNC was intended as. Yeah, once abyssea era came out it became a damage dealer and people completely forgot about its healing aspects. I main healed on DNC to 66 during the ToAU/WoTG days, then quit and when I came back DNC was completely different and it turned me off. But that doesn't change the fact that PUP was designed as a pure damage dealer, DNC was not, and PUP can and will outdamage an equally geared/skill DNC. There's just no way DNC can win that one. PUP is a very strong damage dealer even without a pet. With sharpshot it's no contest, sorry
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Other jobs badmouth PUP all the time. And I'm not badmouthing other jobs, but it's an obvious fact if you've ever met a good PUP that it can outdamage DNC. Sorry to burst your bubble. DNC is still great. A job isn't horrible just because it isn't the most damaging job ever in the game. You realize there's a LOT of damage dealers right? Look at THF. Some jobs will simply do more damage than others, doesn't make them any more or less useful
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-04 13:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair pup was designed as a backline job that lets the puppet do the damage. Look at gear selection pre-75.

Not commenting on the dancer statement.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-04 13:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The more you defend... whatever you're trying to defend, the more you'll just attract unneeded attention to the topic you created which will start some bickering and then no one will want to discuss anything here.
[+]
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People simply don't give PUP enough credit. Why? Because they don't know the job or how it works or what it does. Still. In 2011. And they never see good PUPs in action because of the lolpup stigma. And pet damage is completely ignored. So yeah, if someone is going to make the claim that X job will outdamage PUP, they have no experience with this whatsoever except with maybe a random pink PUP/WHM they bumped into. The job doesn't have enough presence for ANYONE to assume anything about the job. DNC is practically a bandwagon job so there's plenty of documentation about its effectiveness so of course people will cry "THE HORROR!" of claiming PUP can outdamage DNC, because obviously they've never seen it because PUPs are extremely rare.
By luckycharms1877 2012-02-04 13:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
You're making assumptions that even I as a PUP main don't support. Zel, I think you need to calm down and stop saying things. As much as PUP is an interesting job that is looked down upon all too much, we don't need the bad publicity that's caused by bad mouthing other jobs. All that does is make us sound like the exact same people who shout LOLPUP.

TLDR: Do your job well, stop trying so hard to defend PUP. If you really wanna say your better than another job than at least provide some mathematical proof. Full Aurore PUPs make us seem bad enough as is.
Very well said I totally agree
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So stop arguing with me then? I'm not the one that started it.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 13:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not denying the power of a well-geared PUP

That said, it doesn't matter what a job was designed for. If you think that actually matters, than you're an idiot.

What I'm saying is you obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to DNC, so you'd best avoid commenting on it, or you'll look like a fool(if you don't already).
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-04 13:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread was about PUP in dynamis, then people refused to acknowledge the facts, which I had to state time and time again, and then it suddenly turned into X job saying they're better than PUP, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. So stop.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 13:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelduh said: »
? Look at THF. Some jobs will simply do more damage than others, doesn't make them any more or less useful

THF is pretty widely viewed as one of the weakest jobs in the game, at this point.

Even moreso with the statistical unimportance of tiers of treasure hunter past II.

I'm not saying it's an accurate assessment, I'm just not sure what sort of point you were trying to make with "Look at THF."
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-04 13:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you need to calm down Zel, a lot of people who disagreed with some of the statements you've made ALSO agreed with what you've had to say about pup.

This is not about pup vs other jobs, you really need to chill about it or you're going to invite people who really want to argue with you about every little thing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, if Sharpshot ranged attacks actually do count as WS procs, then I can come to the following conclusion:

PUP/WAR + WHM/THF or PUP/DNC + THF/DNC are likely the most effective Dynamis duos, due to the ability to desync from the competition and do WS procs only.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-02-04 13:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Zeldu, we all get frustrated that ppl underestimate PUP. But arguing here won't make any better. This started as a great thread of how good PUP can be in dynamis and has turned indo a DNC vs. PUP thread. I love PUP and DNC. Got them both to 75 pre-abyssea. I can say a lot of things, but i don't wanna cause I don't want my favorite job to be used as bandgagon job by gimp ppl that will just make PUP look bad. So i say just enyoy PUP, show others what it can do and pray that gimp ppl won't make it look bad.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-04 13:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I havn't seen a Sharpshot ranged attack proc yet. But I havn't messed with it yet since I like having VE out for better damage/survivability using Cannibal Blade/Role Reversal to keep my own hp up.
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have some kind of horrible reading comprehension where you can't understand the context of something? Read it again. I said some damage dealers do more damage than others, but the jobs that do less aren't competely useless because they have other perks. In the case of THF, it's Treasure Hunter and their enmity abilities and so on. DNC also has tools to make up for their less damage capability (I'M NOT SAYING IT'S WEAK OR PUTTING IT DOWN OR SAYING IT'S LOLDNC OR THAT IT CAN'T DO GOOD DAMAGE), albeit it's stronger than THF. Seriously, put this to rest. Your precious DNC is fine. If they made DNC the ultimate damage dealer it wouln't be fair because of everything else they get, you understand that right? It's called balance.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-04 13:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Addressing people like that won't help your cause.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-04 13:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 13:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelduh said: »
In the case of THF, it's Treasure Hunter and their enmity abilities and so on.

You obviously didn't read what I said. No one cares about TH past II . No one cares about the enmity abilities.

This is why THF QQ constantly, because they really don't bring anything to the table that another job doesn't already bring to the table.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-04 13:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys realize who you're arguing with? lol
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're the ones that need to chill or learn basic reading comprehension >_> Seriously.

Anyway, once again this isn't about DNC. No one mention it again.
By Zelduh 2012-02-04 13:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a discussion about THF and their problems, either.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 13:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm the one that needs to learn reading comprehension when you're the one that consistently posts responses implying you read less than 5% of what I wrote. Got it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-04 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You're the one who keeps mentioning other jobs. First bst, then dnc, now thf. Stop calling them out to make your pup look better and they'll stop coming back at you.

Anyway, nice Iota ring.
[+]