Forum » FFXI » NMs » Isgebind Solo Tips
Isgebind Solo Tips
First Page 2
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-01-22 11:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am at that stage of upgrading my armageddon to 90 and was wondering since the lvl cap to 99 if anyone has tried to solo Isgebind and could provide useful tips. I tried on nin/dnc (non empy)
and managed to get him down to 67% before para aura with some bad ja timing on my part got me killed.

Atma of the Frozen Fetters I find is good for the fight. Any other usful tips anyone can provide? Thanks!
By Fupafighters 2012-01-22 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna happen solo haha. I've tried on dnc, and failed at around 40% >.< and i got lucky alot. I would just suggest offering out the atma and the weapons and get help :/
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-01-22 12:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sudden lunge works great, but there's always the chance you'll get paralyzed when you need it. I'd say it's definitely possible, but you're going to lose a few pops to bad luck.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-01-22 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If this mob dropped +2 upgrades people would help more. I don't know why it doesn't.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-22 12:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/RDM would probably have a better chance. I always liked it more then /DNC in Abyssea.
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-22 13:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a BST solo Smok w/ slug so at 99 they should be able to solo Isge >_>
By Latifah 2012-01-22 13:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

have been soloed by bsts back on cap 95
 Bahamut.Kyrael
Server: Bahamut
user: Kyrael
By Bahamut.Kyrael 2012-02-09 16:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to hit up isge for my Caladbolg but I kinda am on my own. Any one have any good solo tips for the fight? I Hear BST can solo but I don't know how the fight goes. Any tips or help would be awesome
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-09 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly sure pretty much any dd job can tank this now, evasion and utsu does help, but as long as you have a WHM, should be fine, really.

Edit: pre-mature post ftw.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Server: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-09 17:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

just get a nin and tank it like faf solo, he really doesnt take long to kill with a whm buddy'

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Stormcroww
Server: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2012-02-09 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo def. possible but still dicey. That Para is a real pain in the ars. Just depends on how lucky you get nin/dnc doable for sure but if you are anything like me, super pissed of when you get a run of bad luck. (Like German Gamer Kid Pissed off)
With a whm back up you are good to go. Pretty simple fight really.
Bst would be your best solo bet on this big boy. Good

Ok maybe not that pissed off. But PISSED!!
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-09 17:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As others have said, the para aura makes things too iffy. If you have bst you can probably do it. Worst case, if you can't find anyone interested in the weapons, you can shout for a duo partner and share the hearts.

The easiest way I've found to duo this is back tanking it, mostly because he won't do Horrid Roar or Absolute Terror, both of which are way more annoying than Spike Flail. Did majority of 75 hearts at 95 cap as Nin/war and Whm/thf, at times Kur was more annoying than Isgebind.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 15:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any bst out there that can offer some tips on soloing this NM? still havent tried it yet on bst. any pro tips would be great, thanks!
 Bismarck.Artanticos
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2012-03-27 15:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me 30-40 minutes, and around 27 Zeta's to solo him with Gooey, riding reward timer pretty hard in points. If you can find a duo I would go that route
 Leviathan.Kajii
Server: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2012-03-27 15:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
If this mob dropped +2 upgrades people would help more. I don't know why it doesn't.
this x 1,000,000,000,000
 Siren.Mithradee
Server: Siren
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2012-03-27 16:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would shout for someone else upgrading from him as well and work as a team to get it done. If trust is a issue IE one gets done and the other leaves then split the hearts. I did it mnk and whm and kills went really quickly. Spent more time farming boxes and killing Kur then actually fighting Isg.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-03-27 16:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
Any bst out there that can offer some tips on soloing this NM? still havent tried it yet on bst. any pro tips would be great, thanks!

Bismarck.Artanticos said: »
Took me 30-40 minutes, and around 27 Zeta's to solo him with Gooey, riding reward timer pretty hard in points. If you can find a duo I would go that route

If you have to solo this stage, I'd say just /shout for buying KI for 100k each and brew 7+ NM at once, sometimes ppl got free KI from gold chest and wants extra cash. The amount of time and effort saved can easily farm the gil back in dyna.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 16:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

If you have to solo this stage, I'd say just /shout for buying KI for 100k each and brew 7+ NM at once, sometimes ppl got free KI from gold chest and wants extra cash. The amount of time and effort saved can easily farm the gil back in dyna.

Very true and a very good idea. I never thought about shouting for people with KI to brew.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-03-27 18:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What atmas were you using?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [205 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-10-18 18:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if its easier to deal with flail / wing spam while tanking on bk foot instead of front? I will be duoing it with a whm and keeping whm out of range of TP spam.
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2012-10-18 18:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do that with whm out of pt to avoid spike flails
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-10-18 18:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if its easier to deal with flail / wing spam while tanking on bk foot instead of front? I will be duoing it with a whm and keeping whm out of range of TP spam.
It is certainly easier on the tail. Spike Flail won't kill your WHM unless they don't have Cruor buffs or something.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-18 18:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont need whm out of pt at all, there's a nice little "cliff" you can put the whm on, and the tank can firmly stand with his back next to a small wall, and can eat all the flails in the world without getting knocked back.
Whm will not get hit because he's too high up.
 Ragnarok.Peanriri
user: Peanriri
By Ragnarok.Peanriri 2012-10-18 18:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When I killed this I did a bunch duo, WHM + DD, I fought from the front too. With shell V and MDT gear you can eat the big spells and cure back to full, however if he does horrid roar it can get scary, could have the WHM /BLM for stun. The real trick is to have the WHM stand up on a hill, to avoid both the wing spam and the paralyze aura while keeping the DD less than 20' away so you can still cast on them.

Edit: You beat me! Bah!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Peanriri
user: Peanriri
By Ragnarok.Peanriri 2012-10-18 19:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, when I fought it I just never even thought of fighting it from behind. Fighting from the front worked so I just went with that, hehe.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-10-18 19:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I tanked it on tail using thf + whm 2 box. Was almost never in any danger unless just got some bad para procs on me or my mule. Blizzaga IV > Flail can suck too. Make sure barbliz and shellra V is up always, and I'd have a -damage taken set to swap to for larger damage stuff if you have lower hp like me (i.e. taru ...)
By nyheen 2012-10-18 20:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

iam not sure if it can be solo on pup but was plan on giving him a try when ever i have the time. if i solo it ill put up a video on it
By Aeyela 2012-10-18 20:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva eats Isgebind for breakfast.

She can straight up fight him with minimal danger, you'll only need to occasionally resummon and even then, Dawn Mulsums are always a sound investment.
First Page 2