Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-12-26 22:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

I never really bothered with the math between 90~95. At 99 is this the
optimal TP set for MNK.

Does this set bring us to MAX tier? Or is it too much? Let me know it would be appreciated.

Thankyou
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-12-26 22:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks ok, no point doing much else to it imo until denali+5 and augmented salvage gear comes out. Its exactly what I wear and about 50 billion other mnks with exception of vere instead of spharai.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-12-26 23:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know about weapons but I like them. 95 Spharai are pretty nice though. Thank you for the gear tip.
Just got myself a bruiser's earring now^^
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-12-26 23:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I wasnt saying vere was superior there just saying I use vere as I own those and not spharai is all.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-12-26 23:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the assumption that Att Earring, Rancor Collar, Rancor Mantle(maybe?) and Att Ammo were better.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-12-26 23:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
I was under the assumption that Att Earring, Rancor Collar, Rancor Mantle(maybe?) and Att Ammo were better.

I'm not really sure. I have read tonnes of forums but can't find any solid data.

I think I might just stick with the setup I posted above.
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-12-26 23:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ganasha's mask for head. and yea the new 15 attack ammo and rancor collar. and hey if you're not gonna take advice why are you posting but maybe as an attempt to show off?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26936/newer-gear-questions/
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-27 00:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe he just decided that he is happy with what he has?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Karaek
user: karaek
By Ragnarok.Karaek 2011-12-27 00:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using this set for awhile now,

Unsure if the extra h2h skill(ear/neck/hands) bumps us up another base dmg @99 w/ merits as havent checked yet lol, altho could potentially switch out pieces for more atk etc if they dont.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-12-27 00:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
ganasha's mask for head. and yea the new 15 attack ammo and rancor collar. and hey if you're not gonna take advice why are you posting but maybe as an attempt to show off?

That head/rancor collar/ammo piece do seem nice. recently I have been using monk to tank alot inside and outside Abyssea. I can see rancor collar becoming a problem outside abyssea.

Thank you for your input. I thought showing meant you have to have the best gear. By your standards I clearly don't so can that be considered showing off?
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-12-27 00:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The Rancor items' effects don't stack according to comments I saw quoting BGwiki.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2011-12-27 00:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently you're at the highest base damage from skill available (53), but if you remove either the sea torque or bruiser's earring you'll drop to 52 (adding Tokon Hachimaki wouldn't raise you a tier either and it would obviously be silly), so basically if you wanted to change anything (adding a rancor collar for instance) it would probably be to your benefit to change the earring too since it would no longer be increasing your base damage.
 Asura.Dimpson
Server: Asura
user: dimpson
By Asura.Dimpson 2011-12-27 04:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Neokenesis said: »

That head/rancor collar/ammo piece do seem nice. recently I have been using monk to tank alot inside and outside Abyssea. I can see rancor collar becoming a problem outside abyssea.

Thank you for your input. I thought showing meant you have to have the best gear. By your standards I clearly don't so can that be considered showing off?
Really? people are still saying this...
unless the mob you are fighting does a 1 shot move that is so instant that you cannot blink into PDT/MDT never ever ever ever tp in anything other than rancor as MNK...not even ever.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-12-27 05:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dimpson said: »
unless the mob you are fighting does a 1 shot move that is so instant that you cannot blink into PDT/MDT

ie. every high tier VW nm? :/
Of course the majority of the time you should have fan drink on anyways, so moot point, but still!
 Sylph.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-12-27 05:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what the fascination is with the Bruiser's earring. With Torque/AF3+2 hands and capped merits, skill at 99 is 454, so don't see what 3 skill is going to do. Quite sure from what I've gathered that the only way Bruiser's would be useful would be if you TP'ed in Tokon as well, but I think you're taking more a hit on important stats vs. 1DMG. There's also that new +15 Attack ammo piece.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-12-27 05:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

unless the mob you are fighting does a 1 shot move that is so instant that you cannot blink into PDT/MDT never ever ever ever tp in anything other than rancor as MNK...not even ever.

From what I gather rancor seems to be the best TP for DMG out so looking at it from a DD perspective its great. Only Abyssea babies seem to think that MP is infinite. Where can I find the math and by how much does rancor setup outweigh higher tier skill set? 10% dmg from every hit not just WS's add up over time and to deal a little less damage for longer survivability seems more viable.
[+]
 Asura.Dimpson
By Asura.Dimpson 2011-12-27 05:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I gather rancor seems to be the best TP for DMG out so looking at it from a DD perspective its great. Only Abyssea babies seem to think that MP is infinite. Where can I find the math and by how much does rancor setup outweigh higher tier skill set? 10% dmg from every hit not just WS's add up over time and to deal a little less damage for longer survivability seems more viable.

I don't really see where MP isn't infinite anymore....level 75 content like einherjar? WoE that noone (on my server) does unless BST or SMN?? I know that as a WHM in VW I am fully stocked on mp with SCH sub and procs that supply me with endless elixers and ethers.

For survivability: As MNK in VW living usually comes down to whether or not you get a cure, not whether you take 1000 or 1100 DMG. For the rest of the situations you have a PDT/MDT swap as well as temps that give u phys/magic shields (and cure potions!).

As I said, I see no reason to use something other than rancor unless you take a move that does a constant 90% DMG to you and you cannot blink to better DMG mitigating gear.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-27 06:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zohnax said: »
Not sure what the fascination is with the Bruiser's earring. With Torque/AF3+2 hands and capped merits, skill at 99 is 454, so don't see what 3 skill is going to do. Quite sure from what I've gathered that the only way Bruiser's would be useful would be if you TP'ed in Tokon as well, but I think you're taking more a hit on important stats vs. 1DMG. There's also that new +15 Attack ammo piece.

I dont see what torque is doing either.
Hands alone bump tier to 52 and torque wont bump it to 53.
 Sylph.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-12-27 07:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Well, if from what I understand is correct DMG goes up every 10 skill, (which I could be wrong on that), then it would push it up another tier.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-27 07:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No its skill*0.11+3
447 is 49.17+3
454 is 49.94+3
By anarkus 2011-12-27 07:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmmm
so full merit hand + torque + bruiser

457*0.11=50.27 and +3

right?
 Asura.Dimpson
By Asura.Dimpson 2011-12-27 07:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Well, if from what I understand is correct DMG goes up every 10 skill, (which I could be wrong on that), then it would push it up another tier.

the h2h equation is (skill*0.11)+3
so a merited naked MNK is at 440skill =51 DMG
af3+2 hands take us to 447skill =52 DMG
if you choose to wear torque 454skill =52 DMG

so you need the earring to hit the next tier and make torque work in your set. This results in losing 10% crit rate and earring slot just to obtain that ONE base weapon damage(also get some attack but this is mostly gained back from a better earring).
By anarkus 2011-12-27 07:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

losing 5%, not 10%.

And speaking of math, not witch better between .....

So many ppl say one things or other, its to be clear
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-12-27 07:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use the Rancor Collar and Rancor Mantle(Assuming it is crit rate +5% too). Its cheap, and its better. 10% damage will do absolutely nothing to you. And any somewhat competent DD will switch to PDT when they see a TP move coming. I totally forgot about that head piece as well, but 99% of the time that will outweigh AF3+2 head.

That is the first mention I have seen of Usu boots though. I can imagine the STP comes down to being the deciding factor, and I personally don't feel like figuring that out.

What it comes down to is Rancor Collar/Mantle and an attack earring, are cheap, easy upgrades. And any MNK would be stupid not to use them.
By anarkus 2011-12-27 08:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

rancor mantle + collar dont stack
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-27 08:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

you can however use nefarious collar and rancor mantle together for 8% crit hit rate
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-27 08:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What it comes down to is Rancor Collar/Mantle and an attack earring, are cheap, easy upgrades. And any MNK would be stupid not to use them.

anarkus said: »
rancor mantle + collar dont stack

Made my day. Thanks for the smiles.

Remember, too, that at this point, changes aren't very dramatic. I don't have the sheet with me right now - and should therefore probably keep my mouth shut - but among the "very good" choices, the "very best" choices don't advance you a great deal. If I remember correctly, it was something along the lines of less than one half of one percent DPS change between many of the combinations I was looking at. If absolutely maxing your damage output is your number one goal, that's great. But I don't think it really deserves the everlasting ire of the internet if someone chooses B over C.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 28 29 30